PDA

View Full Version : Fan from the Big Apple!

amusefilms
04-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi Everyone
My name is Patrick (go by Pat) and I live in NYC.
How exciting to find this site (searching stuff about Don Felder’s book).
I’ve been an Eagles fan since I was 14 years old (for the record I’m in my 40s now).
My brother gave me their first record and I’ve been a fan ever since.
My favorite line up is the original four-though my favorite record is “On The Border.”
I remember as a kid how little there was to know about them. A line here or there in a magazine-I remember going into Korvettes (a NY department store) and seeing Hotel California (I was 15 at the time) and I wasn’t even sure if that was the same “Eagles” as the ones that made “One of These Nights.” I had to ask “Is this the same Eagles??”
I’m sure for young people on this board that’s hard to imagine.
I used to play in an Eagles cover band – I played drums and sang (I was the Don of the group)- He and Levon Helm from the Band were huge influences on me. Anyone can tell you singing and playing the drums at the same time aint easy. I’ve always thought Don was an underrated drummer. He’s incredibly solid (saw them in ’77 & ‘79).
To be honest, I haven’t followed them too much lately. I did buy “To The Limit” and “Heaven and Hell”-and I watch them on tv and stuff…I need to catch up!
That’s why I’m so happy I found this board!
THANKS!
pat

TimothyBFan
04-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Well Pat--welcome!!!! I am also 40ish and been a fan since I was a kid so I can totally relate to everything you said!! I hope you enjoy it here and please feel free to contribute as much as you can. We always like hearing from a man's point of view. But as our own MikeA will tell you--please try to overlook it when us ladies go on our "freckle counting" sprees! :)

ticky
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey Pat and welcome, Im also 40ish (I like that a heck of a lot better then saying Im 46 *G*) but my enlightenment has only come in the last 10 years of so, although I've always liked the Eagles music. Glad to have you aboard! Like Wilie said, you'll just have to ignore the freckle counting going on here. Mike does a good job of that hehehe. Im a Joe girl (in case you havent guessed that yet)
We (my Husband and I) Lives in New York for a bout 3 years, up state, in Nanuet, but I worked In the City a lot at the Foundling Hospital. I really learned to love it there and I miss it. I have to tell you, once you get to know the people there, they are some of the kindest most giving people I've even met. (no matter what reputation they have *G*)

sodascouts
04-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Pat! Welcome! :)

Littlemelly9
04-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Hello Pat Welcome To The Border

Brooke
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Welcome from me, too, Pat! Glad you found us. If you like the Eagles, you will like it here.

I'm over 40ish and that's all I'm sayin'! :wink: I've loved this band since the very beginning and never quit. During that 14 year vacation, hubby and I played their albums and wished they would get back together and planned that somehow, someway, we would go see them if 'hell froze over'. Well, we missed the HFO tour, but finally got to see them in 2002, 2003 and again in 2008 and again exactly 1 month ago today. They were fantastic each time. Their music is timeless.

It's great to have another guy's perspective here, so just join right in! :thumbsup:

anne-o-gg
04-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Welcome Pat from one fairly newbie to another! I wasn't allowed to listen to "secular" music in general as a kid, si I really didn't know about the Eagles until I was married - my husband played in band through highschool and after, so he introduced me to a lot of cool music (um, some not so cool :headscratch:)...anyway, I'm 39 and though i'd heard of the Eagles, I had no idea WHO made up the group, their history, etc...I liked the songs I'd heard, but my experience with them was limited...

A few months ago a friend bought us the Farewell 1 DVD and after one watch, i was/am HOOKED! http://www.vpsingles.com/pics/fishing.gif

Now, I know so much more about them (this site helps a lot!) and I don't go a day without some Eagle tune playing somewhere!

Peekaboo
04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Glad to have you here, Pat!! Welcome!!! Yes, we ladies can get pretty occupied with the freckle counting. Just ignore that. Hope you stick around. It's always great to meet new members of the Border.

and again exactly 1 month ago today.

Wow Brooke, I didn't realize that it has already been a month. I still wish I could turn back time and go back to the night.

melrose
04-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi Pat! You're in the right place for all things Eagles. Don't be afraid to jump on in!

Fan_For_Life
04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Hello Pat, nice to meet you. :)

Glennhoney
04-17-2009, 09:32 PM
..Welcome to another "40ish" fan :thumbsup:...you will love it here........

Koala
04-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Hello Pat, welome!:)

Troubadour
04-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi Pat, and welcome! Lovely to hear a bit about you. I look forward to reading many more of your posts :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome from me too Pat! I guess I'm 40ish as well. I always loved the Eagles and their songs, but my first live experience, and my first live glimpse of Mr Glenn :heart: Frey.......well it blew me away and I've been hooked ever since.

eaglesvet
04-18-2009, 11:49 PM
HI Pat from a Jersey girl! Your dates seem to mirror mine (to a "T") in terms of the songs and ages you were when you sank further and further into the depths of the Eagles! My first live Eagles experience was HFO in the Meadowlands. Then, it was LROOE at the Prudential Center in Newark-- which, by the way, has the BEST acoustics of ANY venue I have ever been in. FYI, I would definitely see an artist there as my first choice, if he/she were playing multiple metro-NY sites. I couldn't get enough of LROOE, so I managed a couple more shows at Hershey, PA and Worcester, MA. Now, I guess I am done for awhile :-(... Anyway, welcome aboard the Border!

amusefilms
04-20-2009, 10:07 AM
THANKS so much for the warm welcome! Great to find this board!
I really love it.
Some GREAT photos-I've never seen before.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Welcome from me as well, Pat. Sorry for the delayed response, but we are glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. We love it here and hope you will too.

Prettymaid
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Pat, how ya doin'? I'll be seeing you around the site!