PDA

View Full Version : New Tim Article with BIG announcement

timfan
04-21-2009, 06:01 PM
I just came across a brand new Timothy article/interview in Billboard magazine and BOY does this one have news.....

A NAME FOR HIS NEW SOLO ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/eagles-timothy-schmit-taps-kid-rock-dwight-1003964644.story (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/eagles-timothy-schmit-taps-kid-rock-dwight-1003964644.story)

It really looks like he is going to get this new solo album out in the fall. I cannot wait!

Freypower
04-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Expando? What do people think?

I promise I will be buying this one!

sodascouts
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Great find TF! How exciting!

I'll definitely be buying it!

ETA: Check out the guests he's got on it! "Dwight Yoakam and Kid Rock plus Graham Nash, the Blind Boys of Alabama, Keb' Mo', Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Van Dyke Parks and The Band's Garth Hudson." Dang, that's quite a spread!

luvthelighthouse
04-21-2009, 08:57 PM
This is the sweetest thing I've heard all day. I'm so excited! I actually like Kid Rock, so I'll be interested to hear that song for sure!

AzEaglesFan
04-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Do you think the comment signed Randy M was really him or just someone acting cute to try to stir up something

sodascouts
04-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Well, since I can't imagine Randy declaring that the Eagles "suck" and that tickets cost "way too much" I think it's a safe bet that it's a fake. In fact, I bet the real commenter is not even of drinking age yet. lol

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2009, 04:47 AM
That sounds like a brilliant album. I'll get it for Laura and sneak a listen when she is at school!! I'm looking forward to it. Timothy sounds very refreshing and energised in this interview.

TimothyBFan
04-22-2009, 07:07 AM
I can't even tell you how excited this makes me to hear!! Cannot wait, and hopefully there will be a preorder on his sight for it.

I wonder what Expando is reference to if anything. Any ideas anyone here? And that guest list... I love Kenny Wayne and Keb Mo, Kid Rock, Dwight Yoakam, WOW!!

Such fantastic news!!

MikeA
04-22-2009, 07:52 AM
That last comment about another Eagles recording (or NOT) sounded rather "canned" to me. Just my impression...."we ain't gonna do no more but we don't want to come right out and say that." I got the same impression from comments that I seem to recall Don Henley making about any future recordings.

But hearing the lineup that TBS revealed about "Expando", it does sound great!

As to the name.....all I can visualize is Arnold Schwarzenegger in spandex! <LOL> Personally, I don't care what he calls the album and I'm sure he name will be clarified as release draws nearer, I'll be getting it!

TimothyBFan
04-22-2009, 08:15 AM
As to the name.....all I can visualize is Arnold Schwarzenegger in spandex! <LOL> Personally, I don't care what he calls the album and I'm sure he name will be clarified as release draws nearer, I'll be getting it!

Thanks for the visual! :hilarious:

Brooke
04-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Great news! :yay:

Love that visual, too, Mike! lol

luvthelighthouse
04-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Expando? What do people think?

I promise I will be buying this one!

Honestly, I think the name is horrible!!! While I'm so excited for the new CD, I'm really going to have to get past the title. Sounds like a Mexican Wrestler action figure.

sodascouts
04-22-2009, 10:47 AM
If "Expando" is a title track.... hmm. It should be interesting to hear what that sounds like. Maybe he's taking notes from Jeddrah's "new wave" style!

TimothyBFan
04-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I was doing a couple searches trying to figure out exactly what "Expando" is---really nothing in particular. Did find out there's a game for iphone called Expando and on google.com there is something about some kind of "data model definition".

Anyways, while doing my search, I was truly amazed about how many websites picked up on this story from Billboard. Google "Expando Timothy B Schmit" and see how many pop up. BIG NEWS!!!!

melrose
04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
This has made my day! Come on Fall, get here soon!

The name does sound a little odd, but that won't stop me from picking it up! I'm sure we won't question it as much once we hear the album. It will probably make sense then. I notice that he is getting to play with Keb Mo, he had mentioned in an interview that he would like to do some music with him. How great is it that that worked out? As for the other artists making an appearance...wow! What a great lineup. I'm interested to hear the sound of this album, he mentions that it is all him. You can tell he is proud; that really is a big accomplishment.

Hmm...Schwarzenegger in spandex...I have a feeling that isn't the image Timothy was going for :hilarious:

MikeA
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Hmm...Schwarzenegger in spandex...I have a feeling that isn't the image Timothy was going for :hilarious:

Ya Think? :thud: :rofl:

tbs fanatic
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
WOOHOO!! That is great, great news. A great collection of guests. Cannot wait to hear it. Tim sounds really pumped about it. Not so sure of the name though :confused: Weird visions go through your brain when you say 'Expando' :hilarious: Really weird :rofl:

TimothysGirl
04-23-2009, 04:03 AM
Maybe its got something to do with what he said about expanding his music to be more his style :hmm:. He did say this album was going to be very different and a bit of a surprise for his fans. So this should be very interesting and I'm looking forward to getting it and hearing it. Wonder who was silly enough to say no :eyebrow:?

Prettymaid
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
That last comment about another Eagles recording (or NOT) sounded rather "canned" to me. Just my impression...."we ain't gonna do no more but we don't want to come right out and say that." I got the same impression from comments that I seem to recall Don Henley making about any future recordings.

I think as they get older they have learned never to say never, so even though it's a slim to none possibility they've learned to give that kind of response. I mean, can you imagine how many times they all get asked that question?

TimothysGirl
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
He mentioned he had a couple solo projects he would do when it was over and said there was a 50/50 chance for an other Eagles album so anything is possible :)

TimothysGirl
04-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Sorry I meant to say it was Don talking in the article!

MikeA
04-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry I meant to say it was Don talking in the article!

WOW! That's the most optimistic answer to another album question that I've heard!

TimothysGirl
04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Well there is only 2 choices isn't there -- yes or no 50/50 :hilarious:

MikeA
04-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Well there is only 2 choices isn't there -- yes or no 50/50 :hilarious:

Right, but so far all I've heard is "Don't know if we have another album in us". "Or it isn't likely that we'll be cutting another." No outright denial that they would not cut another album, but definitely nothing as optimistic as Don said in this report.

One can only hope.

TimothysGirl
04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Maybe because there is so much interest in another album he's changing his mind :).

cynd1231
06-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Living in NEW Mexico, I have a lot of exposure to the Hispanic language. As I understand it, expando is a derivative of the Spanish word expandir which is a verb meaning (obviously) EXPAND. While Timothy's new album is still, to the best of our knowledge, a work in progress, the title may not be etched in stone yet. But if he does decide to use "EXPANDO" I think it may be appropriate.....everything I've read about the new project indicates that it's a departure from his previous solo works. May not be the catchiest of titles but the content may speak volumes about the name choice. I'm looking forward to hearing the new stuff.