PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley putting out a "best of" package!

sodascouts
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Just saw this on the Pause and Play site (http://www.pauseandplay.com/16june2009.htm):

Don Henley "The Very Best of Don Henley" CD/DVD (http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-W-Dvd-Dlx/dp/B0028NSE0K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1241741013&sr=8-4) (Geffen/UME, June 16, 2009)

Wonder what's gonna be on it?

Troubadour
05-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Ooh! Exciting!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow, soda - great find. It looks like you will be able to either purchase the CD or the CD and a DVD. You were telling me that Stevie Nicks did something similar not long ago. I can't wait to get more info about this. I always wondered why Don never put out a "live" album, so I thought this may be one, but it doesn't really look like it will be.

sodascouts
05-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes, Stevie did something very similar and I wonder if Don's will follow along the same lines. Stevie's "Very Best" CD/DVD was called Crystal Visions (http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Visions-Very-Stevie-Nicks/dp/B000N3ST8O). It included not only her hits, but a wonderful collection of photos in a very nice CD booklet and, best of all, a DVD of all of her music videos with commentary. There was also some unreleased studio footage of her recording Bella Donna and a never-released video of Stand Back with a Civil War theme. Chris Isaak also put out something like this (http://www.amazon.com/Best-Chris-Isaak/dp/B000E5N63E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1241740744&sr=1-2).

So.... if Don follows the same pattern.... we'll finally have all of his videos in high quality, and with commentary to boot! Now THAT would be awesome! "And this is where the director just told me to stand in the back of the truck and sing..."

Freypower
05-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Those links didn't work for me. When I searched 'Don Henley' in amazon.com there was nothing of this type listed.

sodascouts
05-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Try again FP - I fixed the link.

Koala
05-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the link, this sounds really well!
I am curious particularly on the contents of the DVD!

TimothyBFan
05-08-2009, 07:37 AM
This is great news! I hope he does do it like Stevie. Would love to have all those music videos on 1 dvd. I also hope the other guys all follow suit! :thumbsup:

DonFan
05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
This is great news. I wonder how the songs will differ from Actual Miles? Although not technically a "greatest hit," I hope he includes "Come Rain or Come Shine." :heart:

Peekaboo
05-09-2009, 03:32 AM
I hope he includes "Come Rain or Come Shine." :heart:

That would be so great if he would!!! Hearing him sing that song just makes my heart melt. My fingers are crossed that he includes that beautiful version of End of the Innocence that he did in OKC in 2007.

sodascouts
05-09-2009, 12:33 PM
I was thinking, with him calling it "The Very Best of Don Henley" instead of the "Greatest Hits," he could get away with putting at least a couple obscure but high-quality tracks.

DonFan
05-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I was thinking, with him calling it "The Very Best of Don Henley" instead of the "Greatest Hits," he could get away with putting at least a couple obscure but high-quality tracks.

You're right. This could be fabulous!

DonFan
05-14-2009, 05:23 PM
From barnesandnoble.com---the track list:
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/The-Very-Best-of-Don-Henley/Don-Henley/e/602527060514/?itm=5

The Very Best of Don Henley [Deluxe Edition] [CD/DVD]

Disc 1
1Dirty Laundry 2The Boys of Summer 3All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4Not Enough Love in the World 5Sunset Grill 6The End of the Innocence 7The Last Worthless Evening 8New York Minute 9I Will Not Go Quietly 10The Heart of the Matter
(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openTab%28%27tracks%27%29)
Disc 2
1The Boys of Summer Video / DVD 2All She Wants to Do Is Dance Video / DVD 3The Last Worthless Evening Video / DVD 4The Heart of the Matter Video / DVD 5Everything Is Different Now Video / DVD 6For My Wedding Video / DVD 7Love Rules Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD 8Who Owns This Place? Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD 9Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD 10Through Your Hands Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD

I'm glad it has some "new" additions, but No Come Rain or Come Shine. :sad:

Prettymaid
05-14-2009, 05:53 PM
I love Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat! I'd love to hear Don do it!

Freypower
05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
What is Through Your Hands?

I think it's time I had a listen to Come Rain Or Come Shine as everyone seems to love it so much. I will buy this, because I also don't have Sit Down You're Rockin' The Boat. In fact, I don't have Who Owns This Place either. I have everything on Disc 1, though

I notice the CD doesn't contain any tracks from Inside Job, but the DVD does.

05-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I just went over to the Barnes and Noble site to check the price. I noticed a button at the end of the CD list that said "view all tracks on this CD" so I clicked it and sure enough their are four more tracks on it (and BTW FP, 3 of them are from Inside Job). Anyway, the CD has a total of 14 tracks. The additional tracks are:

Everybody Knows
For My Wedding
Everything Is Different Now
Taking You Home

Freypower
05-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Thanks, Dreamer. I will have to buy it because I would like a 'hard copy' of Everybody Knows. At the moment I only have a live version (from DHO) on my iPod.

melrose
05-14-2009, 11:57 PM
I'll definitely be picking this up. Great track list!

Koala
05-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Great track list!
I agree!
I think I will already pre-order the CD DVD! Then in this manner she is on the release day with me! :partytime:

sodascouts
05-15-2009, 01:43 AM
Hmm, wonder why Johnny Can't Read, Not Enough Love in the World, Taking You Home, the ultra-rare Garden of Allah and the hit The End of the Innocence aren't going to be included on the video disc?

Still, this is awesome! I also wonder if there will be DVD commentary like there was on Stevie Nicks's and Chris Isaak's "Very Best" CD/DVD sets. That would be terrific!

FP, "Through Your Hands" was a song Don recorded for the movie Michael. Cool that he's including soundtrack songs that aren't available on his regular albums.

TimothyBFan
05-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Amazon also has it for presale but not much info--says it's audio cd (doesn't say anything about the 2nd disc) but the price is only $13.98. But also have one showing both disc for $14.99. If so, you save a few dollars which pays for the shipping. I'm a little confused about the first one listed.

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-Don-Henley/dp/B0028NSE0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242384728&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Best-Don-Henley/dp/B0028NSE0K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1242384728&sr=1-2

Freypower
05-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Hmm, wonder why Johnny Can't Read, Not Enough Love in the World, Taking You Home, the ultra-rare Garden of Allah and the hit The End of the Innocence aren't going to be included on the video disc?

Still, this is awesome! I also wonder if there will be DVD commentary like there was on Stevie Nicks's and Chris Isaak's "Very Best" CD/DVD sets. That would be terrific!

FP, "Through Your Hands" was a song Don recorded for the movie Michael. Cool that he's including soundtrack songs that aren't available on his regular albums.

Don appears to have disowned JCR so it doesn't surprise me that the video isn't includes, but I agree that EOTI should be there.

There is another movie soundtrack song which hasn't been included - She's On The Zoom.

Surely MCA could do this for Glenn's work. I make that comment as a fleeting aside.

sodascouts
05-17-2009, 02:35 AM
I would love for Glenn to put out a videography (especially if it included outtakes and commentary), but a new "Very Best" CD would be rather pointless since he has done nothing since the release of "The Millennium Collection" in 2000.

sodascouts
05-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Here's a press release for the "Best of" - doesn't tell us anything we didn't know already but I thought I'd post it anyway.

The Very Best Of Don Henley Features Henley's Best-Loved Solo Songs
CD+DVD Version Adds Music Videos And Soundtrack Recordings

SANTA MONICA, Calif., May 19 /PRNewswire/ -- "Dirty Laundry," "The Boys Of Summer," and "The End Of The Innocence" are some of the most popular, powerful, and critically acclaimed songs of our time. Now those songs and more, digitally re-mastered from the original recordings, are being made available on The Very Best Of Don Henley- the first career-to-date collection spanning Don Henley's tenures on Asylum, Geffen, and Warner Bros. The Very Best Of Don Henley, offered in CD and deluxe CD+DVD versions,is being released on June 16, 2009 through Geffen/UMe.

The Very Best Of Don Henley DVD features six iconic music videos including "The Boys Of Summer," "All She Wants To Do Is Dance," "The Heart Of The Matter," "The Last Worthless Evening," "Everything is Different Now" and "For My Wedding" as well as four bonus audio recordings from soundtrack releases: "Love Rules" (Fast Times At Ridgemont High), "Who Owns This Place?" (The Color Of Money), "Sit Down, You're Rockin' The Boat" (Leap Of Faith) and "Through Your Hands" (Michael).

The 14-selection The Very Best Of Don Henley CD kicks off with "Dirty Laundry" from his solo 1982 debut album, the gold I Can't Stand Still. Henley followed with 1984's triple platinum Building The Perfect Beast with "The Boys Of Summer" (GRAMMY-winner for Best Rock Vocal), the Top 10 hit "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" as well as "Sunset Grill" and "Not Enough Love In The World."
Culled from 1989's six times platinum The End Of The Innocence , the 1989 album that remained on The Billboard Top 200 chart for 148 weeks) are the title track - another Grammy Rock Vocal winner -and the hit singles "The Last Worthless Evening," "The Heart Of The Matter," "I Will Not Go Quietly" and "New York Minute."

From his first solo collection, 1995's platinum Actual Miles: Henley's Greatest Hits, The Very Best Of Don Henley features Henley's cover of Leonard Cohen's classic "Everybody Knows." Y2K's platinum Inside Job, his first solo album since 1989, was an intensely personal rumination on love and romance and included the #1 Adult Contemporary hit "Taking You Home," "Everything Is Different Now" and "For My Wedding," the first Don Henley single to land on the Country music charts.

www.ilovethatsong.com (http://www.ilovethatsong.com/)

The Very Best Of Don Henley (single disc version)
TRACK LISTING:

DIRTY LAUNDRY
THE BOYS OF SUMMER
ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE
NOT ENOUGH LOVE IN THE WORLD
SUNSET GRILL
THE END OF THE INNOCENCE
THE LAST WORTHLESS EVENING
NEW YORK MINUTE
I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY
THE HEART OF THE MATTER
EVERYBODY KNOWS
FOR MY WEDDING
EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT NOW
TAKING YOU HOME

The Very Best Of Don Henley (CD + DVD version)
TRACK LISTING:
CD

DIRTY LAUNDRY
THE BOYS OF SUMMER
ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE
NOT ENOUGH LOVE IN THE WORLD
SUNSET GRILL
THE END OF THE INNOCENCE
NEW YORK MINUTE
I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY
THE HEART OF THE MATTER
EVERYBODY KNOWS
FOR MY WEDDING
TAKING YOU HOME

DVD
VIDEOS

THE BOYS OF SUMMER
All SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE
THE HEART OF THE MATTER
FOR MY WEDDING

BONUS AUDIO

LOVE RULES
WHO OWNS THIS PLACE?
SIT DOWN, YOU'RE ROCKIN' THE BOAT
THROUGH YOUR HANDS

SOURCE Universal Music Enterprises

Troubadour
05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Ooh, I love Don's version of Sit Down, You're Rockin' The Boat. Love Rules is such a sweet song too.

Fan_For_Life
05-21-2009, 06:59 AM
All this for under $20.00, not bad. :)

sodascouts
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Hmm, the online sites are now listing the release date as June 23, but Walmart lists it as June 16 still. I wonder if it's going to hit Walmart earlier, or if there's some error?

I should also note that Walmart appears only to be listing the single CD (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=11084459#ProductDetail), and not the CD/DVD.

Troubadour
06-10-2009, 01:47 PM
I bought the single CD from Sainsbury's (in the UK) yesterday. Obviously I want the whole shebang, but I couldn't resist it when I saw it!

sodascouts
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Ooh, didn't realize it was already out in the UK! So, is there any good artwork?

Troubadour
06-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Well, it's all black and white. Most of the pics are ones we're quite familiar with. Eg:

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyWindow.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyIJ02.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyIJ01.jpg

Along with a few nice ones from the same shoot as the cover photo. You can see it in the WalMart single CD link. There's a very '80s profile shot, which I'm not sure I've seen before, and a lovely one from, I guess, 1990ish, where he's looking intensely at the camera (a shock, I know!)

There's a nice little write-up from Paul Gambaccini, too, giving us a general guide through Don's songs and making a little comment on what Don 'stands for'. Apparently he "understands that present happiness is no guarantee of future joy, but is our greatest hope. He inspires us to work for a better tomorrow, not just in society, but in ourselves." Aah.

I'm also surprised that it was released earlier in the UK than in the US. The only thing I'll say is that the TV ad I saw was pushing it forward as a 'great Father's Day gift' so that obviously had something to do with it. For some reason, the thought that the lady at the checkout probably presumed I was only buying it for my dad irked me! LOL.

06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info, troub. In spite of the fact that there may not be much new, how many of us will be rushing out to buy it as soon as we can??? :lol:

Freypower
06-10-2009, 07:05 PM
I've ordered it from Amazon and I have a delayed date for when I will receive it. There are a couple of songs on it I don't know so I had to purchase it.

Fan_For_Life
06-10-2009, 11:01 PM
There's a nice little write-up from Paul Gambaccini, too, giving us a general guide through Don's songs and making a little comment on what Don 'stands for'. Apparently he "understands that present happiness is no guarantee of future joy, but is our greatest hope. He inspires us to work for a better tomorrow, not just in society, but in ourselves." Aah.

Troub thanks for sharing that. :)

Fan_For_Life
06-10-2009, 11:56 PM
From barnesandnoble.com---the track list:
http://music.barnesandnoble.com/The-Very-Best-of-Don-Henley/Don-Henley/e/602527060514/?itm=5

The Very Best of Don Henley [Deluxe Edition] [CD/DVD]

Disc 1
1Dirty Laundry 2The Boys of Summer 3All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4Not Enough Love in the World 5Sunset Grill 6The End of the Innocence 7The Last Worthless Evening 8New York Minute 9I Will Not Go Quietly 10The Heart of the Matter
(http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:openTab%28%27tracks%27%29)
Disc 2
1The Boys of Summer Video / DVD 2All She Wants to Do Is Dance Video / DVD 3The Last Worthless Evening Video / DVD 4The Heart of the Matter Video / DVD 5Everything Is Different Now Video / DVD 6For My Wedding Video / DVD 7Love Rules Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD 8Who Owns This Place? Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD 9Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD 10Through Your Hands Bonus Track / Audio Track / DVD
:sad:

The music videos are what I'll be standing in line for, dreamer. Will sit nicely in the empty spot I always have open for anything Eagle related.

DonFan
06-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the info, troub. In spite of the fact that there may not be much new, how many of us will be rushing out to buy it as soon as we can??? :lol:

Uh, that would be me.
Although I still can't believe it doesn't include Come Rain or Come Shine.

Freypower
06-12-2009, 07:02 PM
If Come Rain Or Come Shine was never officially released in any form how could it have been included? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it ony exist in bootleg form?

Jojo
06-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Can't wait to get mine.

Peekaboo
06-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Although I still can't believe it doesn't include Come Rain or Come Shine.

It may only exist in bootleg form like FP mentioned but I think Don NEEDS to record this song. His version is just sooo beautiful. Wouldn't it be great if it was included on the new cd though. That would be a great surprise. I would be the first person in line to get it at my local WalMart. As it turns out, I may be the first person to get this cd in my town anyway because I'm planning to go to walmart as soon as I get off work at 4am tuesday morning.

DonFan
06-13-2009, 11:59 AM
If Come Rain Or Come Shine was never officially released in any form how could it have been included? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it only exist in bootleg form?

It was released. It was included on the Leaving Las Vegas soundtrack, along with several songs by Sting including his beautiful version of "My One and Only Love." *sigh*

Peekaboo
06-13-2009, 07:25 PM
It was released. It was included on the Leaving Las Vegas soundtrack, along with several songs by Sting including his beautiful version of "My One and Only Love." *sigh*

I forgot that it was on that soundtrack. Now i'm wondering why the heck it's not on this new album since he included his other songs that were on soundtracks. Come on, Don!!!! Don't you know that we LOVE this song!!!

Koala
06-14-2009, 02:05 AM
I have already order the CD / DVD, unfortunately, the released date is in Germany the 6-30-2009! :-(

Just Another Hired Hand
06-14-2009, 10:37 AM
I just saw a commercial on TV (CBS) announcing a relaese date of June 16, 2009.

Britt
06-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I just saw a commercial on TV (CBS) announcing a relaese date of June 16, 2009.

Cool.

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I ordered my CD+DVD off Amazon.co.uk on Friday and got an email telling me its been dispatched, so I'm hoping to get it by the middle of the week. Then today I got an email from Amazon.com offering me to buy it from their US store (Which would have been cheaper!!)
I don't have much of Don's work but I have it on reliable unbiased information (Lou :wink:) that its very good!

cynd1231
06-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Thank goodness my closest Wal-Mart is less than a mile away. Tuesday is my morning to go out and do errands and Wal-Mart is always one of my stops. I know what department I'll head to first.

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2009, 05:23 AM
I've got mine.

It arrived in the mail 2 minutes ago!

-------------> 'what are you listening to right now'

Britt
06-16-2009, 05:43 AM
I've got mine.

It arrived in the mail 2 minutes ago!

-------------> 'what are you listening to right now'

I'm picking my up this morning! Guess what I will be listening too.

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Its Brilliant! I love it!

Now we need Glenn :heart: to do something similar.......WITH VIDEOS

Britt
06-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Its Brilliant! I love it!

Now we need Glenn :heart: to do something similar.......WITH VIDEOS

I don't know why Glenn doesn't do that as well. My mother would be the first one in line to get her video. I would get one too of course.

Britt
06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Went to Wal Mart to pick up my cd/dvd of Don and they won't be in till June 23,2009, it sucks big time. Well I guess I will have to wait.

sodascouts
06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
I guess only the CD is coming out today, and only then in some places. BOOO!!!!!

cynd1231
06-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Seems we're all discovering the same thing. I've been to THREE different WalMart stores here in Albuquerque this morning and only one of them could tell me anything.....and they only found ONE CD in their entire shipment this morning -- but the price was nice -- $9. The other two stores told me their shipments won't be in until after 2:00 this afternoon and suggested I check back later today. I'm really bumbed!

Troubadour
06-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm really surprised it was released earlier in the UK. I was in HMV last week and I saw the full CD/DVD for £15. (The single one, which I have, was £9.) I hope you guys have better luck very soon! I'm so tempted to buy the whole thing... Next time I want to treat myself, I know where I'm heading ;)

cynd1231
06-16-2009, 01:37 PM
As as P.S. to my previous post, the Stevie Nicks set is on the top shelf at my local WalMarts. Looks like a nice collection.

By the way, the clerk told me when they get Don's new release in, they'll be putting it on the top shelf right next to Stevie..........is there is hidden message there?

Here's the songs on the "Best of"
Track Listingshttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gifhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gifhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gifhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gifhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif1.Dirty Laundryhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif2.The Boys Of Summerhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif3.All She Wants To Do Is Dancehttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif4.Not Enough Love In The Worldhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif5.Sunset Grillhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif6.The End Of The Innocencehttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif7.The Last Worthless Eveninghttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif8.New York Minutehttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif9.I Will Not Go Quietlyhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif10.The Heart Of The Matterhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif11.Everybody Knowshttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif12.For My Weddinghttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif13.Everything Is Different Nowhttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif14.Taking You Homehttp://i2.walmartimages.com/i/if/spacer.gif

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2009, 04:41 AM
I got mine on Amazon. It had both the CD and DVD in the pack and including postage came in below $20. And postage to Ireland is usually steep.

sodascouts
06-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Went to both Barnes and Noble and Best Buy, but only the CD was there. It seems pretty evident that most places are letting the CD sit on the shelves for a week before releasing the CD/DVD set, probably in the hopes people might accidentally buy it not knowing there was a "deluxe" version and then be forced to buy the second one as well in order to get the videos. Of course, such a ploy would only work on uninformed hardcores. lol

06-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah - this is one time that I can force myself to wait. I'll just hang on until next week so I can get the CD/DVD version since the CD doesn't really have anything new to offer. But I am curious for those who already have the DVD, is there any commentary on it?

Fan_For_Life
06-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Waiting patiently until the 23rd too. :) Of course getting through Amazon may be a two week wait.

Peekaboo
06-17-2009, 07:12 PM
When I went to Walmart yesterday morning they didn't have the cd out yet. I think i'm gonna wait for the deluxe album on the 23rd as well. Right now I can't decide if I want to get it from Walmart or order it from Amazon. If I go with amazon i'll be able to order Glenn's No Fun Aloud at the same time. It's the only one of Glenn's albums that I don't have and I've been wanting to order it for some time now.

06-20-2009, 08:42 PM
On Tuesday, June 23rd, we will commemorate the U.S. release of Don's deluxe "Best of" CD/DVD by starting a new survivor game, which will include all of Don's solo music videos. In case you are a bit rusty, I am listing the videos that will be included in the game so you can refresh your memory. I have provided links to downloads for the videos that are not included on the new DVD.

Johnny Can't Read (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/johnnycantread.htm)
The Boys of Summer
All She Wants To Do Is Dance
Not Enough Love In the World (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/nelitw.htm)
The End of the Innocence (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/eoti.htm)
The Last Worthless Evening
The Heart of the Matter
The Garden of Allah (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/gardenofallah.htm)
Taking You Home (http://www.donhenleyonline.com/solo/video/takingyouhome.htm)
For My Wedding
Everything Is Different Now

Now, get ready everyone. Remember in the game we will be voting for the video rather than the song.

Troubadour
06-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Ooh, how exciting. Luckily I have the whole day tomorrow to refresh my memory (not that it really needs it!) and to figure out a vague order of preference. Any excuse to see more of that man!

Fan_For_Life
06-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Sounds fun.

Koala
06-21-2009, 03:17 AM
Thats cool! I love the survivor games! :thumbsup:
I think, I will already watch some videos, today.

AzEaglesFan
06-21-2009, 04:10 AM
I went to 3 Wal Marts and finally found just the CD, I decided to wait and see if they get the CD/DVD in next week. The CD was $9.00

Freypower
06-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I'm happy to do a Don videos Survivor game - but I hope that we can follow it up with one for Glenn. Certainly a Don game makes sense at the moment.

Brooke
06-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Sounds good to me, too!

sodascouts
06-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Just got mine today. Can't wait to watch it!

06-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Cool Soda - where did you find yours? I went to Target today, but they didn't have it. Of course, the clerk was clueless and could give me absolutely no information about it. :brickwall:

sodascouts
06-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Best Buy. They're usually good about having things the day they're out. My first stop was Barnes and Noble because I have a gift card for that, but sadly, no luck there.

06-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Well, crap! There is a Best Buy right across the street from the Target that I went to, and I didn't even think about going in there! :doh:

sodascouts
06-24-2009, 09:23 AM
I was watching the DVD last night and wow, seeing those videos in high-quality on your television screen really makes you notice details you've never seen before. I highly recommend it!

Troubadour
06-24-2009, 01:12 PM
I was watching the DVD last night and wow, seeing those videos in high-quality on your television screen really makes you notice details you've never seen before. I highly recommend it!

OK. I'm buying it. I have to.

(Anyone want a single CD? Only been played a few dozen times... artwork nicely thumbed...)

Fan_For_Life
06-24-2009, 09:04 PM

Found mine at Best Buy after visiting two WalMarts. I watched them last night. And yes, I recommend watching them too. :)

Question for anyone who may already know this, in the BOS video, that is Don sitting at the desk, right?

DonFan
06-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I will go to Best Buy then. I also went to two Walmarts and one CD store and none of them had it, to my great disappointment. :sad:

Freypower
06-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Found mine at Best Buy after visiting two WalMarts. I watched them last night. And yes, I recommend watching them too. :)

Question for anyone who may already know this, in the BOS video, that is Don sitting at the desk, right?

In my opinion the guy at the desk looks nothing like Don. If I am wrong I apologise. It never once occurred to me that it might be Don.

Peekaboo
06-24-2009, 09:29 PM
I just got home from visiting two walmarts, a cd store, AND Best Buy with no luck. Well, I found the cd but it's the deluxe album with the dvd that I want. I did notice that it's at least $4 cheaper for the cd at walmart. I'm gonna check Best Buy again tomorrow. If they don't have it, I may just end up ordering it from amazon.

Fan_For_Life
06-24-2009, 09:55 PM
In my opinion the guy at the desk looks nothing like Don. If I am wrong I apologise. It never once occurred to me that it might be Don.

I could be overanalyzing myself, but I do believe from the nose and forehead is make-up. Facial features are similar as well.

Britt
06-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Cool Soda - where did you find yours? I went to Target today, but they didn't have it. Of course, the clerk was clueless and could give me absolutely no information about it. :brickwall:

I went to Walt Mart and they didn't have it...she was also clueless. Then I went to a music store and they had to order it for me, which will take a couple of weeks. :-(:-x

06-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Well - I went to Best Buy today and they didn't have it either. However, they were much more helpful and knowledgeable. The clerk did locate another store on the other side of town that had one copy in stock. He also said that it was a possibility that they would have some in that store by next Tuesday. I told him no thanks, and came home and ordered it on Amazon for $12.50 plus shipping. It will be shipped by this Friday. Online shopping rocks! :wink:

sodascouts
06-25-2009, 03:01 AM
I could be overanalyzing myself, but I do believe from the nose and forehead is make-up. Facial features are similar as well.

No, to the best of my knowledge all of the people in the video were actors - including the man at the desk. Henley is set apart as somewhat of a narrator rather than a participant, although I always thought the kid could definitely pass for a young Henley.

TimothyBFan
06-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I don't have the time or patience right now to go searching for this, so I just ordered mine from Amazon also. There was a Jonny Lang dvd I've been wanting also so if I combined them I got free shipping~~~ Both for $28.00. Can't beat that!

Tessa
07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
Yippppiiiee I got mine from Amazon.com today and I LOVE it :headbang:

TimothyBFan
07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Me also Tessa--Very nice!!

Koala
07-08-2009, 12:52 AM
I already have my CD a few days and I love it too, especially the DVD!

Tessa
07-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Does anybody know if he recorded the songs new or did he just put his "old songs" on a "new CD"?

TLWE sounds very new to me and his voice on IWNGQ sounds like the "old Don" I love listening to sooo much.

Fan_For_Life
07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
He didn't remaster them. I think the release of videos along with the songs makes it that much better. Guess he's holding The End Of The Innocence for something later down the road,,hopefully.

Freypower
07-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, I am very disappointed. I bought this compilation with the specific intention of putting the 'bonus' songs in iTunes. I have iTunes open and it will not read the disc. When I look in My Computer there are video files but the audio file folder is empty.

And just to add to the fun I apparently can't play the videos using Nero on my computer. The only part I could get to play was the copyright warning using a different player.

Can somebody please tell me how I can access the audio files? I appear to have wasted my money.

Edit: I have worked out how to play the files. Unfortunately the audio files are coded as video files and they are grouped into one large file. They cannot be separated or saved as audio files.

AzEaglesFan
07-12-2009, 04:07 AM
I thought it was interesting that the first 10 songs on The Very Best of Don Henley and his CD Actual Miles -Henley's Greatest Hits are in the same order. Eleven of the 14 songs are on the Actual Miles CD. I do have a new favorite Don Henley song now, I love Everything Is Different Now.

Maleah
07-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I stopped at both of our Walmarts and Best Buy and no one had it in. Haven't ordered it yet but I plan on it!

I become a bigger fan of Daughtry every time I hear that the little boy that played drums in the Boys of Summer video (Josh Paul or JP as his bandmates call him) is the bassist for the band. Wonder if he gets asked about it a lot. lol

sodascouts
07-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Oh my gosh - I think I saw him on a game show one time! But I can't remember when.

I can't believe you don't have this yet, Maleah. You are totally slacking. ;)

Maleah
07-14-2009, 06:34 PM
I know! I'm so disappointed with myself. :D But it's not for lack of trying! LOL! I've stopped at every store in town that SHOULD be carrying it and I've lectured an employee at pretty much every one for not having it. lol

Tessa
07-15-2009, 03:07 AM
He didn't remaster them.
Rats :(
I sooo hoped he would do it. Nothing against his "young" voice, but the old one is sooo sexy. He really should do an album with remastered songs.

Fan_For_Life
07-15-2009, 07:20 AM
I've heard alot of remastered songs and with any of them I prefer if they had just left it alone.

I don't think he could make them any more great than they already are. :)

Tessa
07-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh I'm absolutely sure it can get better.

His young voice was great, no doubt, but his voice now is more mature and his old songs new remastered would sound just PERFECT.

I still hope he'll do this someday!

Freypower
07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by his 'young' voice. The oldest songs here are from 1982 (when he was about 35) and the most recent are from 2001. You seem to want him to actually re-record his vocals. Why would he want to do that?

The songs have been remastered anyway in the sense of the audio being remixed, according to the ad I saw for the package in Rolling Stone.