PDA

View Full Version : What is it about Don?

EagleLady
05-08-2009, 10:54 AM
What is it about Don :heart: That makes him so HSG?

I think it is his voice, and the falsetto that makes me melt :smitten: :inlove: I also think it is that body :heybaby: and that chest hair :drool: Ooh, Sorry if I am blabbing here, Just had to put my feelings about Don :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
05-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Personally, I think it also has to do with his unobtainability. Like most women, we like the "bad boy"... the ones with attitude and who appear standoffish. (Yes, I'm making up words left and right) It's the way he carries himself... oh yeah, and he's pretty cute too. :)

EagleLady
05-08-2009, 05:20 PM
You are right LTL, It's the whole bad boy thing, his stance, his attitude :cool:

Freypower
05-08-2009, 06:17 PM
What is it about Don :heart: That makes him so HSG?

I think it is his voice, and the falsetto that makes me melt :smitten: :inlove: I also think it is that body :heybaby: and that chest hair :drool: Ooh, Sorry if I am blabbing here, Just had to put my feelings about Don :hilarious:

EL, I am glad you like the falsetto which is only used in the barest handful of songs (Fast Company and the adlibs of One Of These Nights). In my opinion it is hardly a standout feature of Don's voice. When he sings in that unique, raspy, sensual tone - that is Don Henley for me.

Regarding chest hair I can honestly say that I cannot recall ever seeing a photo of Don where there is any chest hair visible. I would be pleased if you or someone else could set me straight on this.

*Edit: You can see his chest hair in the 'boat' photo during the On The Border era. That was a very long time ago.

Don is not my favourite Eagle so what I like is not necessarily the HS&G elements. I like his smile and his eyes and I like his hair when he has it cut in a flattering way. I am more attracted to his singing and songwriting talents and his outspoken views (although I don't always agree with the way he expresses those views - see 'Press' thread). He has the courage of his convictions.

Now if someone else wishes to go back to the 'HS&G' element - go ahead!

EagleLady
05-08-2009, 06:25 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/JrsQueen_2008/frogirl.jpg

Here is a very good example of Chest Hair Julie, of course, not as impressive as Glenn's but still ;)

EagleLady
05-08-2009, 06:32 PM
There is also a bit of Falsetto on HITW Although, it's not as prominent

Peekaboo
05-09-2009, 03:28 AM
For me, the first thing that got me and caught my attention was his voice. I love eveything about it. He has such soul and emotion in his voice when he sings. I was completely mezmerized by it the first time I really sat down and listened to it with my complete and full attention. I love that he can hit the high notes and the way he can harmonize with the rest of the guys is just so beautiful. Also, he's not that bad looking either:wink:.

I first got into the Eagles and Don as a solo artist after watching the HFO video. That time imo was when Don was at his hottest.

Fan_For_Life
05-09-2009, 07:35 AM
Because he writes songs that make you want to reach deep down to feel and find the spirit inside. He encourages people to get up and do something for themselves and others.

He uses both voices, speaking and singing to better society as a whole. Whether it's environmental, musical or whatever else he may have his hands in.

He writes and is not afraid to speak up and say what and how he feels. He doesn't seem to cut any corners.

He's not afraid to use the word forgiveness, which is scarce in contemporary or many other musical genres. And there's a song he wrote called My Thanksgiving.

He/Eagles have been a positive part of my life since I can remember.

Oh and whenever I hear him sing, he can take my heartrate from 60-1,000 beats a minute in 2 seconds flat and make my temperature rise from lukewarm to hotter-than-hell in the same amount of time.

Brooke
05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
That voice. That's what I love most about him. It doesn't hurt that he had that sexy 'fro going back in the days of Witchy Woman and One of These Nights either.

But first and foremost, for me, it's his voice. It makes me melt.

sodascouts
05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Yep, it's that voice for me. "Golden Throat" indeed.

Maleah
05-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Wholeheartedly agree! When I first heard him sing I just froze and it still has that effect on me! Whether he's in all his raspy glory or hitting his crystal clear high notes....wow!

Koala
05-12-2009, 01:25 AM
Yes absolute the Voice for me too.
I love his Voice since I heard it the first time,
his Voice can be so soulful and powerfully at the same time!

Troubadour
05-12-2009, 07:31 AM
His voice was the first thing that made me sit up and take notice. It makes me swoon and sigh and do all those girly things whenever I listen to it. I think I might die hearing it live.

It's also a multitude of other things. The fact that he's outspoken, his humour, his warmth (which, in 9 interviews out of 10 I think he displays), his accent, those blue eyes, his smile, his lyrical ability, his passion, his honesty, his love for the environment and literature, the jeans, plaid and work boots (this was how I fell for him in HFO, and I like seeing him express that casual, 'ordinary', real Texas guy side,) his complexity, his eloquence... oh, and the fact that he's been plain HOT for about 40 years now.

I just love him to bits.

TimothyBFan
05-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Just wanted to chime in for a minute here--I'm also all about his voice---love that soulful sound!!! But .....
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Don%20Henley/DonHenley12.jpg
Need I say more?

Troubadour
05-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Let's all take a moment to observe and admire Willie's incredibly well thought out response... :drool:

Peekaboo
05-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Let's all take a moment to observe and admire Willie's incredibly well thought out response... :drool:

I second that, but I think some of us might take a little more than a moment.

Koala
05-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Just wanted to chime in for a minute here--I'm also all about his voice---love that soulful sound!!! But .....
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Don%20Henley/DonHenley12.jpg

Need I say more?
NO!
:smitten:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Well troub - I agree with you about Willie's well thought out response. However, yours was almost as good. :wink: :wink: I agree with everything you said. It is the voice, first and foremost, but then there is the songwriting, the looks, etc., etc., etc.