PDA

View Full Version : What is Eden to you?

anne-o-gg
05-08-2009, 10:05 PM
In an interview I read in another thread, this caught my attention...Don commented what his Eden would be..I thought WoW! He's got a more than a few peeves...here's his response for those who didn't see this...

Eden ... for me would be a place where there is no news or entertainment media -- no more bad news, no more windbag political pundits, no self-righteous, know-it-all sportscasters, no charlatan televangelists, no celebrity news, no movie or music critics and no interviews. It would also be great if there were no Facebook, no MySpace and no Twitter. And a world with no video games would be brilliant. ... But for better or worse, this is what has become of our culture -- a gazillion ways to be distracted, to waste time, to be spoon-fed a constant diet of the trivial and the tragic. But there's nowhere left to run. This is the world that men like Rupert Murdoch have made, and we all have to live in it. Fortunately, they haven't done away with books or radio.

So, my question - what would YOUR eden be??

Of course, I think we'd all agree with...no war - no crime - children would be loved and appreciated as they should be, not hurt or hated. People would treat others as they themselves wish to be treated.

here's what I think mine would be...

First, All rudness would vanish! (I detest rudness!).

Swimming in a creek at least once would be manditory.

(I agree with him here) - NO MORE VIDEO GAMES - get outside and play!

No more concert ticket venders who jack up the prices to ungodly amounts!

Bye-bye biased news media (on the left and the right)...just give us the news

like the red sea, cars and trucks would part and get outta my way :)

Store clearks would stop texting long enough to complete my transaction.

Bank drive throughs would literally BE bank Drive Throughs - not bank stop and waits.

People would not always voice their opinions just because they can - sometimes its more wisdom to be silent.

OH! And Eagles music would blast from every radio and CD player wherever I go - instead of the "crap" (mho) that I hear in stores today...

EagleLady
05-08-2009, 10:08 PM
No, you can't take away my video games :hilarious: but other than that I agree with you.

anne-o-gg
05-08-2009, 10:11 PM
No, you can't take away my video games :hilarious: but other than that I agree with you.

Ok, one or two...permissable..:)

MikeA
05-09-2009, 08:55 AM
My Eden? Well, I really don't have many opinions.

Pretty simple....just return the money I've been forced to contribute to Social Security (what an oxymoron!) over the past 47 years! With that and what's left of my investments...I might have been able to retire and survive without welfare!

I'm not genius enough to fix what greed has destroyed nor even offer viable solutions. But, in any Eden Desire, a large part would have to be that people should be able to get along without conflict at least to the point of NOT leading to bloodbaths.

And Bangers should be required to learn to shoot straight and targets should only be others of like mind and should be shooting back just as accurately.

As for video games, entertainment media and especially Reality Shows....those do not really concern me. If the public didn't want to watch them, they wouldn't and if they aren't watched, they are not going to draw sponsorship and without sponsorship, they would disappear. Video Games really shouldn't be in that group. But the principle is the same...If they weren't bought, they would stop being offered. If it is the young kids who are buying them, where are they getting the money...spank the parents not the kids.

EVERYONE would have "ABOVE AVERAGE" intelligence and "ABOVE AVERAGE" income. Now think about that for a minute. I think it was Pres. Bill Clinton who said it and it cracked me up.

Not that I have opinions or anything

http://www.mvabercrombie.net/Emoticons/x_j0423848.jpg

anne-o-gg
05-09-2009, 09:06 AM
If it is the young kids who are buying them, where are they getting the money...spank the parents not the kids.

http://www.smileyhut.com/happy/clap.gif