PDA

View Full Version : House fire takes life of mother, children

sodascouts
05-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I know these kind of tragedies happen all the time, but this family was a member of my church, so it hits closer to home. Please send prayers and good thoughts to the family. The children were 8 and 4.

Below is the account from the local paper (http://jconline.com/article/20090516/NEWS09/90516004/House+fire+near+Flora+kills+mom++2+children&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL).

-------------------------------------

FLORA — A house fire late Friday killed a Carroll County woman and her two children, sparing the husband and father, Carroll County Sheriff’s Department officials said.

Here’s an account of what happened from the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department:

Authorities received a 911 call at 11:30 p.m. of a house fire at 392 E. 100 N., the home of Brian and Leah Wagoner and their two children, Harrison, 8, and Sophia, 4.

According to a sheriff’s department release, Brian Wagoner woke up to smoke in the residence. He attempted to get out the front door but was unable to.

He then attempted to exit through the garage, but the overhead doors wouldn’t open.

He drove his vehicle through the doors, ran to a neighbor’s house and called 911 and advised that his house was on fire with his family inside.

Josh Disinger, a Flora police officer, was the first emergency responder at the scene. He reported that the house was fully engulfed when he arrived.

Disinger broke out a bedroom window and was able to remove Sophia. But EMS crews were unable to save her. Nor were firefighters able to save Harrison or his mother. The boy was found in his upstairs bed and mother in the kitchen area.

At this time the fire is under investigation by several agencies, including the sheriff’s department, Flora Fire Department and Indiana State Fire Marshal’s office.

EagleLady
05-17-2009, 01:28 PM
How Horrible! My thoughts and prayers are with their family.

Koala
05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
How horrible! My thoughts and my prayers are with the family!

Brooke
05-17-2009, 02:15 PM
What a terrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

anne-o-gg
05-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Soda! That's just awful! I'm so sorry and will pray for this man and remaining family - I can not even imagine it - I don't want to imagine it - what a tragic thing!

Prettymaid
05-18-2009, 07:28 AM
How horrible! Such a tragedy.

TimothyBFan
05-18-2009, 10:05 AM
My thoughts and prayers definitely go out to this family. I can't fathom losing your children in anyway!

Molly
05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
How horrifying! My thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Glennsallnighter
05-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Such a terrible tragedy. Those children were so near to my own agewise. My sincere sympathy goes out to their dad and extended family and friends.

melrose
05-18-2009, 06:51 PM
This is truly a tragedy. I can't imagine....

The husband is in my prayers, along with his family.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-19-2009, 09:48 PM
How very sad - my thoughts are with this family as well.