PDA

View Full Version : Willie's Picnic (Willie Nelson)

jdubfan
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Just got my tickets for the Bob Dylan/John Mellencamp/Willie Nelson ballpark tour. Great chance to see three fine singer/songwriters from our generation, anad I only have to travel a 1/2 hour!. They're coming to my small park on 4th of July...oughta be a party extraordinaire. Fireworks after, too. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
05-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Cool. Have fun!

Troubadour
05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Aw, for a second there I thought TBF was throwing a Border party...

It sounds great, jdub. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

EagleLady
05-27-2009, 09:40 PM
:hilarious: I thought the same thing Lou, Anyhow, Have fun Deb :thumbsup:

ticky
05-27-2009, 11:11 PM

hehehe I thought Willie had finally thrown in the towel and given in to the exponential growth of Dillon's grad party and figured "WHAT THE HELL!! YA'LL COME!" *G*

Anyway, the concert sounds like a blast, Deb! Wish I could attend. Have a great time!!

MikeA
05-28-2009, 07:35 AM

It sounds great, jdub. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

LOL I did too Lou! Thinking "Word sure does get around!"

TimothyBFan
05-28-2009, 08:11 AM
It scared me for a minute also!!! Whew!!! :hilarious: You guys are funny!!!

Actually, I also bought 3 tickets for this for Larry and the kids. I'm not going- don't care much for Dylan, don't like Willie and have seen Mellencamp. Besides-I know it's sad-but all I could think of while buying those 3 tickets is, this is less than 1 Eagles ticket.

Like Deb said --it's a half hour away so couldn't pass this up for the kids. Dillon thinks Dylan is a legend (and he's right of course) and Katie even did a history fair project on Dylan in school about how he changed the face of music in the 60's. Had to make a compelling argument to convince the teacher it was part of history, teacher was convinced and she won 3rd prize for it!

Besides--Mom now gets an evening all to herself!! Yippee!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-28-2009, 12:31 PM
hehehe I thought Willie had finally thrown in the towel and given in to the exponential growth of Dillon's grad party and figured "WHAT THE HELL!! YA'LL COME!" *G*

:lol: - Add me to the list! I thought exactly the same thing, ticky.

But Deb - hope you have a great time. and hope you'll come back and tell us all about it.

MaryCalifornia
04-27-2014, 02:19 PM
This is cute - Willie Nelson getting his 5th degree black belt at age 81.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/willie-nelson-80-receive-fifth-degree-black-belt-article-1.1770661

sodascouts
04-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Neat!

By the way, I changed the thread title to clarify a bit, lol.