PDA

View Full Version : Dublin, Ireland 6-10-06

glenneaglesfan
06-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Just a quick post to say I'm back and WHAT A SHOW!!!! The boys did us proud. All I'd hoped for and more. I was a bit sad to leave Dublin today, knowing they are going to do it all again tonight, but now there is Wembley to look forward to!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Ive always been a dreamer
06-12-2006, 12:25 AM
OMG Kate - I just saw the pics that L&M posted on Eagleland and it looks like the show was fantastic. You must have had a fantastic time. Glenn looked awesome as usual (as well as the other guys). I'm still trying to figure out his jacket. Did he have three layers of clothes - the black t-shirt, a fushia colored overshirt, and a jacket or was the fushia color part of the jacket?

Anyway - I can't wait to here more! :D :D

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Freypower
06-12-2006, 12:28 AM
His jacket had a pink lining. I think it was raining - did you see Don' outfit. It was very unusual for him to wear the pink shirt open.

glenneaglesfan
06-12-2006, 04:00 AM
Oh, I've just seen those pictures, too. They are from the second night. Don was wearing that jacket on Saturday as well, but Glenn was in his purple jacket first half and striped shirt over black t second half. I typed a full review last night, then lost it, :( ,so will have another go today.

~~~

This way to happiness...

glenneaglesfan
06-12-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm so glad I had the binoculars - even though I got the seats just after they went on sale they were further away than I imagined, but through the bins it was much better. Even then, I didn't pick up all the interactions between the guys, so relied on the big screens either side of the stage. I had to curb my shallowness with David present, but still couldn't help being nerdishly knowledgeable, such as "That's Glenn's guitar" and "That's Scott Crago!" before the start.

When the crowd started cheering, it was exciting to see them walking up the ramp to the stage. Although we only had back views I was thinking "Whoa - there's Joe, and GLENN, and Tim." I think I'd missed Don.

I'm not sure why Don wore that jacket, but the weather forecast wasn't good. It looked better over his red shirt. I think he has already lost some weight on this tour and is looking good. His voice is amazing, sounds no different from the 70s.

On stage, I was taken by Tim's flowing hair - he had to brush it away from his face a few times. He was the one interacting with the crowd and getting them to clap. His jeans were very tight and in the second half, the shorter undershirt revealed a very neat back view.

Joe was, well, Joe, but I thought he looked better here than for some time, full of energy, articulate, nice fluffy hair and his guitar playing was awesome. He really lifted the tempo of the show.

Glenn – oh how I wish I could have been closer. He was wearing an open-necked shirt to start with, but even with binoculars I didn’t glimpse chest hair, and the shirt in the second half was way too long! His guitar playing was immaculate and he was energetic and always on the ball, changing pedals, adjusting the amps and holding the whole show together. In the second half he really loosened up and in the jam with Joe on Funk#49 the sound was amazing. A couple of times I could swear he was looking right at me – not true of course ‘cause I was too far away – but maybe he was wondering about the weirdo with the binoculars! I can but dream. What a man.

Here’s to next weekend!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Z
06-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Ah, Kate, you've made me a VERY happy woman! Aren't those jeans outstanding???http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/nerd.gif http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eek.gif

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Freypower
06-12-2006, 10:59 PM
I think I was wrong when I said Glenn's jacket had a pink lining. I think it's the fact that the shirt was open underneath.

Kate, I am so happy that you enjoyed it and that our man lived up to your 'great expectations'.!

06-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the info, Kate - I am so glad you enjoyed your very first Eagles show. I had to laugh at what you said about wanting to be closer because I was exactly the same way after my first show. I'm glad you have good seats at Wembley. Goodness - with you being so much closer to Glenn there, they'll need to restrain you. Especially since hubby will not be there to keep you in line.

Now, I'm going to make a prediction. After Wembley, you are going to really want to see them again real bad. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/embarassed.gif :D

~~~~~~

Witchy Mummy
06-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Great review! Love all the details about Glenn. This weekend is going to be fantastic! :)

Z
06-14-2006, 09:31 PM
WM, have a wonderful time!! Just remember lots of details to share with us.

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.

06-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Yes - everyone have a fantastic time this weekend and remember ladies - DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS! If that's not possible, then please send pictures! :)

~~~~~~

Witchy Mummy
06-15-2006, 04:30 PM
I will definitely be sharing every detail with you! Thanks for the kind wishes :)

I am pretty sure that my Dad is bringing his camera to Twickers. I will post the pictures (hopefully) on Sunday. I am too chicken to take the camera ;)

glenneaglesfan
06-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Enjoy the Twickers show, WM, and looking forward to Wembley!

~~~

This way to happiness...