PDA

View Full Version : European Leg of the Tour

luvthelighthouse
05-29-2009, 11:23 AM
According to my calculations, it's about 5:00 pm in Sweden right now. Guess the guys are getting ready to start the next leg of the tour. In a mere three hours, while I'm at lunch, they'll be taking the stage. :band:

I almost feel like this is cyber stalking! :hilarious: I'm just so excited they are back out there on the road. I really wish I were seeing them, but I'm not. I know there are some lucky borderer's out there who will be blessed w/the guys in a few short weeks. I'm excited for you!

luvthelighthouse
05-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Maybe you guys know this, but I don't think I did. I just found this from www.republicmedia.net (http://www.republicmedia.net) :

sodascouts
05-29-2009, 03:14 PM
No, I didn't know that! Cool!

Koala
05-30-2009, 02:09 AM
Paul Carrack on tour with The Eagles

I knew this. I had hoped he is also in Hamburg.

EasyFeeling
05-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone... still one and a half month til I finally see the guys again :partytime: About time too! :thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
05-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the pictures, Koala :) Are you going to Hamburg too?

Koala
05-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the pictures, Koala :) Are you going to Hamburg too?
Yes I go to Hamburg!:partytime:

EasyFeeling
05-30-2009, 09:57 AM
How cool :partytime: Which row and seat? Maybe I can wave to you :wave:

ticky
05-30-2009, 11:01 AM
If anyone is interested, this was just posted on the JWFC!

posted 5.30.09 - potential M&G

This is not an official announcement & there is no date set. I just want to ask....
If we were to have a M&G at one of the shows in England how many of you would attend?
Take the poll

If you're interested and want to vote in the poll, you need to be a JWFC member

Koala
05-30-2009, 11:55 AM
EasyFeeling, my row is Block 4 upper ranks, unfortunately, not so close to the stage!:-(
Which row and seat has you?

Ive always been a dreamer
05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
Wow - there's a lot to talk about here. :wink:

First of all, ltl, thanks for taking the trouble to post that review with the translation. That reviewer sure doesn't appear to be much of a fan, but at least we got a set list. I guess we are going to have to wait another few days to find out if the suits are still on for the indoor venues. That would be such a shame if they are because Glenn and Joe look uber cool. I especially love Glenn's sunglasses in the dark. :lol:

And Michaela - it's great to hear from you. Hope you're doing well and it would be great if you and Koala could say hi at the show in Hamburg.

It's also nice to hear that the JWFC is considering another M'nG. Sure hope it happens.

EasyFeeling
05-31-2009, 06:04 AM
EasyFeeling, my row is Block 4 upper ranks, unfortunately, not so close to the stage!:-(
Which row and seat has you?

Awww, thats too bad. We were lucky enough to get seats in front of the stage, 4th row, Timmy's side. I'll will send you a PM with my phone No. so we could meet and say hi if you want to. :)

Kay :hug: I've missed you, and of course Nancy, Kate, Julie etc. Always when I come back it feels like I'm coming home. :grin:

sodascouts
05-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Always lovely to hear from you, Michaela! You were a big part of this board for a long time and we miss you!

Glennsallnighter
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi Back!! from me too Michaela! I was listening to Keith Urban last week and thought of you. Glad you've shown up again and that you will be seeing the boys in Hamburg soon!

30 days to Belfast - Indoor

and 32 to Dublin - Outdoor.

Is it possible that I will get the best of both worlds outfitwise???? :pray: :pray: :pray:

EasyFeeling
05-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Nancy, I should go in the "New Kid In Town" section and introduce myself again LOL So many new members here.

GA, two concerts within a few days, that's cool. :)
Love your avatar:thud:

Koala
06-01-2009, 05:08 AM

That is so cool :), that you an outdoor and an indoor show can see!

TimothyBFan
06-01-2009, 07:50 AM

Is it possible that I will get the best of both worlds outfitwise???? :pray: :pray: :pray:

I was thinking about you when they were showing up in the casual clothes for the outdoor shows recently. You may indeed get the combo---be prepared with camera in hand!!!:thumbsup:

Brooke
06-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey EF, long time no see! Glad to hear from you again!

Have fun at the show!

EasyFeeling
06-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks, Brooke. :) Still 6 weeks :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
06-02-2009, 08:07 AM
WOW--that was harsh!!!

Prettymaid
06-02-2009, 08:48 AM
The breaks between songs was too long??!!?? :shrug:

ticky
06-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for posting that Jojo. Yikes! I hope that doesnt mean a delay on the next show! It sure didnt look good!

http://gfx.api.no/image-versions/www.ba.no/m/02626/1243939485000_eagles-utstyr-1_2626887m.jpg

Prettymaid
06-02-2009, 01:56 PM
OMG! Thank goodness nobody was hurt!

AzEaglesFan
06-02-2009, 06:52 PM
A friend found this on Google some how and knew I was a fan.
http://translate.google.nl/translate?prev=hp&hl=nl&js=n&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ba.no%2Fnyheter%2Farticle436978 2.ece&sl=no&tl=en&history_state0=

luvthelighthouse
06-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I can't find anything on Finland! Poor news reporting over there, me thinks!

On a different note... the past reviews have mentioned Glenn struggling w/his voice. You guys have hear the audio, do you think so too? I don't, but I don't have a great ear for that stuff. I would hate for something to be wrong w/his vocals. Fear strikes, what if they stop touring! :fear:

Maleah
06-05-2009, 11:26 PM
In the two videos I've watched it kind of sounded like he may have been struggling a bit. But then, they've been on a pretty continuous tour for a while now....I'm sure it really wears down the vocal chords! When they were in ND he struggled a bit too. Don's voice was pretty raspy as well....he had a bit of trouble with HC. I'm sure once they get some vocal rest they'll all be back to normal. I'm sure they all have nights where their voice just doesn't feel up to par either.

Koala
06-06-2009, 01:51 AM
The video is the only thing I found from the concert in Helsinki.

The quality is bad, but you can see that they wear suits again, the concert was indoor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgD84Or9N6M

Prettymaid
06-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks Koala. I can always count on you to find these things quickly!

sodascouts
06-06-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks, Koala.

So surprised the suits are back... NOT! lol

06-06-2009, 03:39 PM
The video is the only thing I found from the concert in Helsinki.

The quality is bad, but you can see that they wear suits again, the concert was indoor.

Rats!

I had hoped this wouldn't be the case, but oh well!!!

And a big thanks, LTL and Koala, for trying to keep up with all the info that is coming out about the European dates. You girls rock! :rockon:

As far as Glenn struggling with his voice, he does appear to be having some problems, IMO. Hopefully, it is only a minor, temporary setback, and he will be as good as new very soon. In any event, even when he's doesn't seem to be at 100%, he still sounds great to me. :nod: :nod:

EagleLady
06-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Oh How I hate the suits :scowl:

Freypower
06-08-2009, 01:58 AM
I hope they enjoyed Helsinki - it's a real party town. :partytime:

TimothyBFan
06-08-2009, 08:05 AM
I had a horrible dream--that the suits were back! I know that can't be true--they wouldn't tease us with those jeans and then go back to suits. Glad that was just a dream---it was right? Just a dream.... just a dream... :eyebrow:

Freypower
06-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry, but if you go to the Berlin review you will find they are back in the suits. I make no further comment, being apparently in the extremely small minority on this board which likes the suits.

cynd1231
06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
For those of you/us who want to keep up on our favorite guys, following their European tour by going to Thepaperboy.com and click on the link for the appropriate country, then sort the newspapers alphabetically by city. Just find the newspapers for the latest show and click. You get an option for foreign language papers to be translated to --- English!!! The translations can be a bit rough but most of the reviews I've been reading have been citing the play list and there are usually photos as well.

Never let it be said that a true Eagles fan won't following them anywhere!

Glennhoney
06-08-2009, 08:28 PM
..I like the suits too....honestly, I like them in anything they choose to wear ..or don't wear....:hilarious:

06-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for that info, Cyndi. As far as the suits, I don't hate them 'cause I also think the guys look good in just about anything, but I like the jeans a WHOLE lot better. I just don't associate the Eagles with suits. Back in the 70's they actually made fun of bands that wore suits - maybe they should go back and read some of their comments. :lol:

luvthelighthouse
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Dreamer, I always thing of how they made fun of ... oh, who was it, CS&N? for wearing suits. Yes, they need to be reminded of that!

Britt
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Oh How I hate the suits :scowl:

Me too I hate the suites. They look so good in jeans! Glad to hear I'm not alone.

Freypower
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Dreamer, I always thing of how they made fun of ... oh, who was it, CS&N? for wearing suits. Yes, they need to be reminded of that!

This actually refers to CSN wearing tuxedos at the Grammy Awards. Glenn said 'when I saw them walk out in their tuxedos my f&*'n heart sank. Rock'n'roll does not belong in a tuxedo'. By 1985 he had changed his mind.

GlennLover
06-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I liked the suits at first, although I would have liked them to have changed to jeans after intermission, like they did for Farewell 1. However, the pictures all begin to look the same from the shows over the past year so, please bring back the jeans for good! Even though I will probably not get to see them again, I enjoy the pictures of the shows & I would appreciate some variety. :pray:

EagleLady
06-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I echo your thoughts GL

06-09-2009, 12:03 AM
This actually refers to CSN wearing tuxedos at the Grammy Awards. Glenn said 'when I saw them walk out in their tuxedos my f&*'n heart sank. Rock'n'roll does not belong in a tuxedo'. By 1985 he had changed his mind.

But by 1985 he was not in the Eagles. He had every right to change his mind, but lest he forget that because of his comments about others during the '70's, he is largely responsible for perpetuating the image that the Eagles belong in f&*'n jeans. :lol:

Freypower
06-09-2009, 12:31 AM
Dreamer, I am well aware of that. I was referring to the 1985 MTV Music Awards when Mr Frey himself wore a tuxedo.

OK, suit haters. I have a question for you and then I am not ever going to give my opinion on this subject ever again. I am just a still small voice in the bigger scheme of things. I will say, however, that no matter how often I might express dislike of the suits here, it will not change the fact that they will continue to be worn. I also will continue to post photos of Glenn and the others wearing suits. Now:

If the rest of you hate the suits so much, and a DVD is released of this tour in which they are wearing suits, will you buy it?

Yes, you will tell me that you'll buy it, but the antagonism seems so strong that I felt I needed to ask.

EagleLady
06-09-2009, 12:33 AM
I will buy it, but I will use my own imagination as to what they are wearing :nahnah: :twisted:

Britt
06-09-2009, 06:13 AM
Yes, I will buy it as well. I don't like the suits, however I do love the guys that are wearing the suits. :guitar:

TimothyBFan
06-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Of course I will buy it! Why wouldn't I? I must admit, I'm a little offended that anyone would think I wouldn't buy their dvd just because of some silly suits I don't like seeing them in. I am an Eagles fans and will listen to their music and watch them no matter what they are wearing. I don't see why I or anyone wouldn't buy a dvd just because of something an artist is wearing. The suits have no bearing on my fandom!

I will stick with my opinion that they look good in suits but MUCH better in jeans and casual wear and I will also say again that I think that their performances are more relaxed when they are dressed casually. IMO, they all look better in jeans. Don in his black t shirt and, dare I say, plaid shirt, Joe in his funky pants (sorry I get a kick out of them) or even his coonskin cap, and I loved Glenn in the shades and backwards ball cap, just makes them look younger and like the ROCK STARS they are!! I just feel they are showing their individual personalities, & I personally LOVE that! Again, this is just my opinion!

Prettymaid
06-09-2009, 07:51 AM
I don't know why the subject of suits vs. jeans has to be so antagonistic. We're just having fun here. After the tour started and we began to see either live shows or pictures from those shows we all had our own opinions about the suits and commented on them. We even had a poll here. It was fun. The subject quieted down after awhile, but lately it has become newsworthy here again because of the casual attire in the outdoor venues. Whatever your views are, you have to admit that it is exciting to see new pictures and videos of them in something other than the suits, thus the refreshed enthusiasm here!
I think we all realize that the Eagles are going to wear the suits during this tour know matter what anyone thinks about them, but I also think it's okay to have fun here on the board and talk about it.

Koala
06-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Here (http://kultura.idnes.cz/foto.asp?r=hudba&c=A090609_111920_hudba_jaz) you can find a few pictures from the Prague concert.

Prettymaid
06-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Thank you Koala! :hug:

Glennsallnighter
06-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks from me too Koala. I love the last one of Glenn :heart: pointing!

Britt
06-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks from me too Koala. I love the last one of Glenn :heart: pointing!

Yeah, like that one too. Looks like he his having blast!

TimothyBFan
06-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks!! A couple of those need to be in caption this! Going there now!

Brooke
06-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Of course I will buy it! Why wouldn't I? I must admit, I'm a little offended that anyone would think I wouldn't buy their dvd just because of some silly suits I don't like seeing them in. I am an Eagles fans and will listen to their music and watch them no matter what they are wearing. I don't see why I or anyone wouldn't buy a dvd just because of something an artist is wearing. The suits have no bearing on my fandom!

I will stick with my opinion that they look good in suits but MUCH better in jeans and casual wear and I will also say again that I think that their performances are more relaxed when they are dressed casually. IMO, they all look better in jeans. Don in his black t shirt and, dare I say, plaid shirt, Joe in his funky pants (sorry I get a kick out of them) or even his coonskin cap, and I loved Glenn in the shades and backwards ball cap, just makes them look younger and like the ROCK STARS they are!! I just feel they are showing their individual personalities, & I personally LOVE that! Again, this is just my opinion!

I couldn't have said it better, TBF. This is exactly how I feel, too.

06-09-2009, 10:15 AM
I agree. Willie's comments pretty much sum up my feelings as well. I don't quite understand the logic of why I wouldn't buy a music DVD because of the clothes that the performers are wearing. If that were the case, I surely wouldn't have spent all that money to see them live in the suits either.

And great pics, Koala - thanks!

luvthelighthouse
06-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Here's my issue... they are rockstars:headbang:, BE rockstars, not corporate CEO's on stage. Also, if suits are Glenn's personal style (a la his solo career), then personally, I wish he would reserve suits for himself and not make his style spill over to the band. I mean, the other three have pretty much said they don't really care for the suits.

When they are in suits, nearly all the pics look the same and you can't figure out which show they are from. Not to mention, it's kinda boring. I want their personal style and flair. I mean, how exciting was it to see them in jeans?

I've said this elsewhere... I'm not looking for them to be rockstars like Aerosmith in their spandex, but throw us a bone and wear jeans or leather!

Also, as far as a DVD... their style of dress has no impact on how I feel about them or their music. PEF sounds the same in suits or denim.

Fan_For_Life
06-09-2009, 08:25 PM
I also like the casual wear because that is what I wear when I go to a concert. But honestly I don't care what they wear as long as they don't show up in dresses.

They sound good when they perform and that's what they do this for. Not to be criticized for what they choose to wear. The suits aren't that bad and they don't look like corporate business men,they look nice.

EagleLady
06-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I also like the casual wear because that is what I wear when I go to a concert. But honestly I don't care what they wear as long as they don't show up in dresses.

They sound good when they perform and that's what they do this for. Not to be criticized for what they choose to wear. The suits aren't that bad and they don't look like corporate business men,they look nice.

That's the point, It is a concert, Not a Business meeting, therefore the suits are all wrong. JMHO.

cynd1231
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree that the casual jeans & sneakers is the way we like to see them. Love those butts in the jeans, just can't get around that. Butmy personally opinion is this: it doesn't matter what they wear because they sound fabulous no matter what the wardrobe is. Can't speak for anyone but myself and all I can say is, we aren't the fashion police. The true beauty is in the music whether they're wearing Levi Strauss or Brooks Brothers.

cynd1231
06-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Thanks, Koala. I looked earlier and couldn't find anything so I appreciate the link. They sounded totally on fire!

Koala
06-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Just I noticed the concert from 6-20-2009 in Mannheim is not inscribed in the Calender.
It is an additional concert in Germany!

cynd1231
06-13-2009, 04:11 PM
I just checked the tour calendar at eaglesband.com and the Mannheim show is listed there...guess they got it updated.

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2009, 06:05 PM
If they release a DVD of the LROOE tour I too would be quite happy to buy it whatever they are wearing. Obviously like in F1 it would be nice to see them in a mixture of outfits but what they are wearing isn't really an issue for me.

Roll on the Irish Gigs!!

Koala
06-18-2009, 09:08 AM
I found only this video from Cologne last night.
so I post it here and open no new thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mTgt9SmIeU

cynd1231
06-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks, Koala. I've been checking all morning and hadn't found anything yet. I'm headed over to my newspaper website to see if I find any reviews.

sodascouts
06-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Yes, thanks Koala. Something is better than nothing! If we find more, we can make it its own thread.

Koala
06-19-2009, 10:57 AM
from the Antwerp concert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mYuX9a2EPU&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70sMLH3q_Ik

cynd1231
06-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Anxious to hear the reviews and comments from the Mannheim show, which should be in its final hour as I post this. Looking forward to hearing from our German friends.

Koala
06-21-2009, 12:18 PM
more videos from the Antwerp concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdyLp6YxiLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewbW9S0SjT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pl1Ysz29Y

Koala
06-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Here can you see a few photos from Antwerp
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8273423@N06/sets/72157619955590166/

TimothyBFan
06-22-2009, 09:18 AM
OMG!!!!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/3641207030_8c0ecfd942.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/3641197718_91427cacc5.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/3641202612_0e7f14ddb0.jpg

Prettymaid
06-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks Koala for the link to the pictures!

Koala
06-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks Koala for the link to the pictures!

my pleasure, when I have time I like to search for articles or pictures of the eagles which might be interesting.

luvthelighthouse
07-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Only four shows left on this leg of the tour. What are we going to do around here now? With all the reviews and youtube vids, I feel like we've kinda been there with them.

It's coming to a sad close for me. I know they will do more touring in 2010, but probably not around my neck of the woods... and that's still five or six months without the Eagles! :fear: I'm gonna be in some serious withdrawl!

Yes, we can hope for solo shows, but still, not the Eagles! Why does this feel so sad? (oh, I'm such a loser!)

TimothyBFan
07-13-2009, 01:10 PM
ltlh---we will all just have to entertain ourselves here for awhile while we wait for them to announce that they will be playing 23 shows in Portland Oregon and dedicating each one of them to a gal named Rhonda!!!!

07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Well, ltl - for starters, I guess we could start up a 'Losers Anonymous' group. :lol: :lol:

But I think you are right - some major PEW will soon be running rampant here on The Border. Mine actually started several months ago. It will be interesting to see what the guys do this fall. I know Don commented recently that the band was going to take the rest of the year off, but I would be very surprised if they didn't book at least a few fall shows. At the very least, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this. Maybe we'll get the best of both worlds - a few Eagles shows AND solo shows. I could live with that!

Note to self: Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts! :wink: :nod:

Prettymaid
07-13-2009, 05:38 PM
ltlh---we will all just have to entertain ourselves here for awhile while we wait for them to announce that they will be playing 23 shows in Portland Oregon and dedicating each one of them to a gal named Rhonda!!!!

and that they are going to invite all of Rhonda's friends out to see the shows (all expenses paid, of course). :thumbsup:

ticky
07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
23 shows? (lets see.. If I take out a second mortgage.. okay third.. and sell my car .. there's $200... payment for services rendered... $1.50.. Im a cheap date.. maybe I could rent out Cliffy? .. hmm..)

:thud: :partytime: :thumbsup: ya'll are invited!

luvthelighthouse
07-13-2009, 10:32 PM
In my youtube surfing, I can across this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx8vo0SHsy0

I have to say, they don't give my boy much to sing, but they try to make up for it by putting that lovely face on the big screen w/no other distractions during ICTYW. I don't know I never realized this before. I mean, yes, I've "seen" him on the big screen, but I never realized the impact until this very second. Perhaps it was the view of this video.

In any case, not the best vid, but it still works for me. :partytime:

scottishlass
07-25-2009, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEnKG_2uO6o

eagles life in the fast lane, glasgow

Elias
09-17-2009, 03:39 AM
I was at the Helsinki (FIN) gig, and the band played great, but the audience was really lame,like half-dead. Sitting down during Life in the fast lane...Maybe too much corporate people. I wish i had attended a gig in Milano or something like that.

The only song when finnish people stand up was during Dirty Laundry. Joe asked everybody to expecially stand during Life´s been good but nobody did. I was pissed..

Still worth it.

Elias

Tessa
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Joe asked everybody to expecially stand during Life´s been good but nobody did. I was pissed..
Oh nooo.

At least, YOU had fun!

Prettymaid
09-17-2009, 12:34 PM
It's unusual for any of the Eagles to urge you to stand. Over here they urge you to stay seated (during the slow songs).

sodascouts
09-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Ah, the irony! I wonder which is worse to them?

Prettymaid
09-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Ah, the irony! I wonder which is worse to them?

It's karma, baby! It's gonna get 'em! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2009, 07:12 PM
I must scan in my Belfast ticket where it specifically said that standing and dancing were allowed during the show!! :thumbsup:

StephUK
09-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Hi again 'GlennsAllNighter'
Are you back teaching now?

Here's a scan of my Belfast Ticket.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/BelfastEaglesTicket.jpg

Steph

Glennsallnighter
09-23-2009, 05:22 PM
I am indeed Steph! I need to get saving for the next leg of the tour......and the mortgage.....

Great scan! ours is still broken but yours is as good as it gets.Aaaaah! What a night that was........