PDA

View Full Version : Malmo, Sweden 5-29-09

luvthelighthouse
05-29-2009, 11:41 PM
What a pain, but it had to be done. First, had to google malmo news... find allyoucanread link, first paper doesn't load... second one does. Scroll down, see Eagles pic. Find translate botton and get this (sorry, it's the best I could do...you may just want to follow my instructions):

luvthelighthouse
05-30-2009, 12:07 AM
I had to read it a few times to understand the translation... but no matter how many times I read it, it was still a bad review. They ripped poor Glenn. Only mentioned Timothy once and misspelled his name. :brickwall:

Short set, but it was an outdoor venue I believe. I wonder if they wore suits or not? It must be said, it's the LROOE tour without singing LROOE! I'm sorry, but that is just wrong! Can you imagine seeing the Hotel California tour without hearing HC?

Poor TBS only had one song while the others had approx six! :-(

Oh well... I was hoping for a better review... but you can't please everyone.

Koala
05-30-2009, 05:12 AM
From last night:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles2_198056a.jpg?t=1243674535

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles3_198055a.jpg?t=1243674574

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles_198057a.jpg?t=1243674499

Prettymaid
05-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Joe and Glenn look great in their casual wear!

Peekaboo
05-30-2009, 12:51 PM
From last night:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles2_198056a.jpg?t=1243674535

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles3_198055a.jpg?t=1243674574

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/eagles_198057a.jpg?t=1243674499

Those of you going to these Europe shows are sooo f'ing lucky if you all get to see them in jeans like this. :jealous:

timfan
05-30-2009, 09:46 PM
I found a video of How Long from last night' show.. LOTS of close ups of Glenn in the shades!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH74zKYQRqI

luvthelighthouse
05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Few things... Soda, thanks for moving this. I wasn't sure if we would have enough for a Malmo thread, but I see we do. :thumbsup: Also, I fixed the translation. Sorry, I was on my laptop yesterday and that thing gives me such a hard time... so anyway, it's readable for anyone who may have skipped the mess it looked like before. Also, I have come to find that something may have been lost in translation and the review may not have been as bad as I originally thought.

Now, on the video... how sweet do they look?;) Glenn is looking way fine! Also, nice close ups of Scott and Stewart. They appeared to be having some fun.

I love the casual clothes... this is how I want to see the boys!

sodascouts
05-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Very cool! Thanks for posting that!

I also found this on YouTube - a snippet of Take It Easy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OfyOT4EQ8c

Fan_For_Life
05-30-2009, 10:47 PM
This person must've already had his mind made up before he got there as to what he thought of the Eagles. Sounds like Glenn was on the money.

Maleah
05-30-2009, 11:57 PM
LOVIN' Glenn in the shades!!!!!!!!

AzEaglesFan
05-31-2009, 01:25 AM
This is the site for the article (I hope) I think you did great job in translation http://eaglesfans.typepad.com/09tour/2009/05/as-a-whole-a-right-impressive-demonstration---malmo-review.html

Koala
05-31-2009, 02:37 AM
not the best quality, unfortunately, no close-ups!
Hotel California
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkZ0Vj0wNI

Peekaboo
05-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks for posting the video clips. The guys are looking amazing in the casual wear.

I had to laugh a little bit while watching the How Long video. I just thought it was funny watching the camera guy/girl trying to find the big video screen.

Did i see it right? Glenn is wearing a backwards baseball hat in the Take It Easy clip, isn't he?

Freypower
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
The less said about those comments on Glenn the better. Now let me watch these clips so I can make up my own mind.

Edit: He sounded perfectly fine in How Long. I heard one duff note in Take It Easy. Give the man a break - he has been off the road for a while.

sodascouts
05-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Did i see it right? Glenn is wearing a backwards baseball hat in the Take It Easy clip, isn't he?

Yep! It's adorable!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Yep! It's adorable!

I totally agree!!! :partytime:

Freypower
06-01-2009, 12:15 AM
I did want to make a comment about the shortened set list. I'm sure the Scandinavian fans were very disapppointed that most of the new songs were dropped. I can't understand why this happens when they do the shortened shows. Why not drop a couple of the older songs instead? Surely, at least if the acoustic set was dropped they could have done LROOE and Somebody.

06-01-2009, 12:30 AM
FP, I agree that it is disappointing when they drop these songs. However, I guess it goes back to the band's philosophy that the fans want to hear the hits. And quite honestly, I think they are right about that. While the hardcore fans would probably rather hear the newer material, I believe the casual fans, which is the majority of the audience, would prefer to hear songs that they are familiar with. It does seem strange though that they cut the song LROOE from the LROOE tour set list.

I really hope that they will continue to play a full 3-hour show in the indoor venues.

sodascouts
06-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Makes sense to me that they cut LROOE, if they're worried about time. It's super-long and if they kept it, they'd have to drop two or three standards.

Freypower
06-01-2009, 12:59 AM
That's all very well, but it goes against what Glenn said about not wanting to be a tribute to themselves. I know the full show will return when they go indoors.

EasyFeeling
06-01-2009, 04:59 AM
I had a hard time to read this review... is this the set list for the European tour? :? I started to catch up a bit, haven't read all what was happened in the past so sorry for my dumb question.

TimothyBFan
06-01-2009, 07:58 AM
I'm simple so explain it in easy to understand words :hilarious: but why the shortened setlist for the outdoor shows? I don't understand what the difference is in whether they are indoors or outdoors and why it should effect the setlist.

luvthelighthouse
06-01-2009, 08:57 AM
EF, I think that is the shortened list for the outdoor shows only. My only "guess" is that outdoors is shorter due to two reasons. One, perhaps there are noise ordinances and you can't play after a certain time... and the other being, they have such an exact video/lights show that can't really be seen during daylight. Therefore, starting later ,so all that money they invested in their videos can be fully appreciated.

Now, for me personally, I say do away w/the videos. Toss out the suits and just play me a three hour set, tell some new stories and mix it up a little. What's that you say, I'm greedy... well, maybe. :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
06-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Enjoy... I did! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvSvUiSCfNA

This one is for Ticky... but I think the Glenn fans will enjoy the thrust...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edz5OmZQAzw

Koala
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks, the videos are great! :thumbsup:
I like Glenns baseball cap he looks good with it!

TimothyBFan
06-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Aaahh Tim!!!:drool::inlove::smitten::iloveyou::heart::lo ve:

EasyFeeling
06-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the clips :)

Jojo
06-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Thats for the clip. I Enjoyed those.

Brooke
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Ok, this reviewer evidently doesn't like the Eagles!

"Age has taken it's toll" :ack:

and "in the company of the Chipmunks" ??????????

He/she obviously has no clue!

I'm loving Glenn's hat (wonder what made him do that?) and ................the thrust! Too funny!

I especially love Joe's outfit! Methinks Marjorie has had some influence! Very nice! :nod:

Freypower
06-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Ah... the thrust... indeed. I don't know about the hat, though.

Glennsallnighter
06-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Love the cap on Glenn :heart:, and the thrust was just too funny. :rofl: I think Joe's hair has gotten a bit longer as well ? (Joe fans?)

ticky
06-02-2009, 04:57 PM
This one is for Ticky... but I think the Glenn fans will enjoy the thrust...

re: Thrust.... nnnice! *G* I'm thinking that'd be a VERY nice animated AV *G*
and the song *G* thanks LTL, Joe looks so good and he's amazing! the less gel and crap he uses in his hair, the more I like it long. and the jeans.. *G* what can I say... hot! I do think Glenn needs to teach them all that thrust move.. can you imagine all of em lined up doing that? they'd have to keep defibrillator's and smelling salts on hand for the first two rows (presumably filled up with borderers)

this is the first chance I've had to check out the videos. It's cooler and a bit rainy out today so Im taking a short break from the garden *G* Love em!

tbs fanatic
06-02-2009, 05:15 PM
LOL - too funny. I also think Marjorie is influencing Joe's wardrobe. He's been looking pretty spiffy lately.

tbs fanatic
06-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Dang it, I came on the internet to look up a recipe for tonight's dinner and swore I would not check in on The Border - :whip::whip: two lashes for me :hilarious:

AzEaglesFan
06-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't know tbs fan seems like a smooth move to me with all of the new pictures and the videos that have been posted. Dinner may be late tonight though ;-)

Fan_For_Life
06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Now, for me personally, I say do away w/the videos. Toss out the suits and just play me a three hour set, tell some new stories and mix it up a little. What's that you say, I'm greedy... well, maybe. :hilarious:

Are you saying they need to "lighten up while they still can"? Sorry, couldn't be helped.

I say lose the suits as well,, for good. I noticed the difference when I saw casual Don last month compared to suited up Don in January. Was alot more animated.

Although seeing them perform in the suits does have it's appeal as well. Don standing there with mic in hand singing ever so sweetly,,,yeah,, the suits are nice too.

EagleLady
06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Are you saying they need to "lighten up while they still can"? Sorry, couldn't be helped.

I say lose the suits as well,, for good. I noticed the difference when I saw casual Don last month compared to suited up Don in January. Was alot more animated.

Although seeing them perform in the suits does have it's appeal as well. Don standing there with mic in hand singing ever so sweetly,,,yeah,, the suits are nice too.

IMHO, They look more like Corporate Businessmen in suits, and It's a freaking Rock concert. I, personally, think they look more comfortable in casual wear.

TimothyBFan
06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
IMHO, They look more like Corporate Businessmen in suits, and It's a freaking Rock concert. I, personally, think they look more comfortable in casual wear.

:applause::applause:

Peekaboo
06-03-2009, 07:35 AM
That thrust move certainly does make the heart skip a beat. I was lucky enough to witness that in person at the first Tulsa concert back in September. He didn't do the move with the guitar but it was when he gets up from the keyboards and boogies down during All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

Tessa
06-03-2009, 02:31 PM
and "in the company of the Chipmunks"
Hahah, that's the best part - I LOVE it :thumbsup::hilarious:

I'm soooo looking forward to hearing my favourite Chipmunks :partytime:

Freypower
06-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Well, I am glad you found the Chipmunks comment amusing, because I didn't, just as I found most of what that 'review' said about Glenn unnecessarily harsh. As I said, it is the start of the tour and presumably he is warming up.

EagleLady
06-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I found it Harsh as well, and the remarks about Glenn were extremely uncalled for.

06-03-2009, 09:00 PM
That thrust move certainly does make the heart skip a beat.

PB - consider yourself very lucky if this is all that it does to you! :wink: :wink:

GlennLover
06-03-2009, 10:52 PM
It sure does more than that to me :blush: :heart: :fainting::censored:. And not necessarily in that order :nahnah:.

Koala
06-04-2009, 01:10 AM
more clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XRWa4yv6vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bLuO08R6Is

Busy Being Fabulous
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnwK0ImtyR8&feature=related

EasyFeeling
06-04-2009, 03:04 AM
Thanks for posting these clips, Koala :) Sadly I have to wait til I get home to watch them.

Tessa
06-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Well, I am glad you found the Chipmunks comment amusing, because I didn't, just as I found most of what that 'review' said about Glenn unnecessarily harsh. As I said, it is the start of the tour and presumably he is warming up.
You shouldn't take everything so serious.
Not everyone loves the Eagles as much as we do and they just write their opinion about their voices. Don could burp a whole song and I would love listening to it.

If Jon Bon Jovi would do this on a concert I would also call him something *g*

So seriously - calling them Chipmunks is just cute :hilarious:

luvthelighthouse
06-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I actually wonder if the Chipmunk comment is somehow lost in translation. Sometimes literal translations aren't what they seem. For example, I in one review I thought they were saying Glenn looked old, but turns outs (someone of native tongue) said it meant, Glenn had aged the best.

Glennsallnighter
06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
But all know that anyway :wink: LTL

Freypower
06-08-2009, 01:30 AM
I must disagree, because I thought the entire review was scathing about Glenn (nobody else - just GLENN) to the point where it said that the line in Desperado 'you're losing all your highs and lows' must have been aimed at Glenn. If what it said is true than he has been having serious vocal problems, and as a fan that is cause for concern.

06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
FP, I must say I am baffled that you found this review "scathing" about Glenn, but none of the others. My personal take on it is that the reviewer is clueless and most of the review is unflattering to the band as a whole. Just as one example, the "chipmunk" comment was made about the others, not Glenn. I think the reviewer's comment was something about PEF sounding like an aging Willie Nelson in the company of the Chipmunks. I didn't necessarily find it funny, but neither did I find it greatly disturbing. I just kinda rolled my eyes. I know there have been comments about Glenn struggling with his vocals recently, but I haven't read anything to suggest that he is having "serious vocal problems" that should give his fans cause for concern. In fact, until I hear something otherwise, I prefer to think that maybe he just has a minor, temporary cold or sinus infection.

cynd1231
06-09-2009, 10:26 AM
We need to take it with a grain of sand. You almost need someone who speaks the specific language and is fluent in English to give you a fair translation. A lot of it sounds negative because it doesn't read in context when the computer is doing the translation work. I understand the frustration............