PDA

View Full Version : Aarhus, Denmark 5-30-2009

Koala
05-31-2009, 05:07 AM
The same setlist like in Malmö with an exception they have played Rocky Mountain Way again!
30.000 people have seen the concert!
Setlist:

How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Take it to the Limit
Hotel California
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can’t Tell You Why
Witchy Woman
Lyin’ Eyes
One of These Nights
Walk Away
Boys of Summer
In the City
The Long Run
Life’s Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life In The Fast Lane
---
Take it Easy
Rocky Mountain Way
Desperado

Photos (http://gaffa.dk/Galleries/gallery/2418)

luvthelighthouse
05-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Here's their review. BTW, I love google translator! Just google aarhus news, find their link, see pic of the eagles, find article and translate.

http://aoa.dk/musik/artikel/dinosaurrock-i-bedste-stoebning

After 38 years of waiting were the Eagles in the Danish land Saturday evening when they played at NRGi Park. Were you at the concert Saturday, write your own review bottom of our review.

#####

NOTIFICATION: "Good evening, Aarhus. We are The Eagles. The old boys from the band that will not die "

That was the brief introduction by the singer and guitarist Glenn Frey after the evening's first number. Few minutes past nine entering the four remaining members of NRGi Park stage to standing ovation from the audience numbers. The suspense was over. 33 years after the band's most popular plate, "Hotel California" from 1976, the band was finally found on Danish soil to obviously great satisfaction for those turning fans.

For even though expectations were high for the four Americans, it was probably a minority, which had expected a display of the format, such as The Eagles delivered Saturday night. With a large handful of classics in the hands and a keen audience, there were people convicted of celebration from the beginning. Eagles did not just come to the Jutland city to put a cross in the schedule of cities visited. They had come to give a show that does not bore the slightest touch of retirement, but was spiced with so much power and vellyd that in each period had to remind itself that it was the right bands, man had redeemed a ticket.

The first reminder came, however, early in the concert where the band had chosen to place their ultimate hit, the title number from the big-selling Hotel California album. In the first piece together all the vocal cords in a massive roar, arms smoke up, and shared the song began.

Back in time

The world famous number was served with such empathy and emotion, as is most vouchsafe to deliver on his instrument, but the Eagles managed to play classic with so much nervous that there was more of the turnout from the older generation, who took a mental journey back in time. Back to youth. Back to when dad was a boy.

Fortunately for them, only the first of several euphoric travel back in time.

The media in Sweden was well reported on a band that was not encumbered by age at the concert in Malmö earlier in the week. A collection of musicians who obviously loved his profession, and not only was taken across the Atlantic to shovel money into an already jam packed bank account.

Eagles played and under with a natural joy and proved beautifully that the group is much more than the hit single "Hotel California" that has followed them in good and evil since it was born in 1976. For although the recognition was great joy when the song was introduced, it was far from the peak in Aarhus this Saturday evening.

Pure rock n 'roll

Especially a good Joe Walsh on guitar and vocals had been a thick line under that age do not have the slightest importance, the beating heart of rock n 'roll. With the twinkle in the eye and fingers on the guitar intervene board he gave a display of rifferamaets arts. There was so much life in the American instrument, the audience should be happy that he had so many guitars to switch between. Had he had to deal with a single, the concert was simply joined much earlier than it did. So much fire was in the old fingers when lirede one tasty solo riff after the other in the periods when Americans countryside threw his cap over his back and gave it so much Boogie rock, to the late AC / DC lead singer Bon Scott nodded appreciative of his grave.

"The whole hotel sector know him quite excellent," was the description from singer and guitarist David Frey, when he was presenting his band member Joe Walsh, referring to the old days when the Eagles were living the wild rock n 'roll life.

Joe Walsh. A troublemaker. An Unbridled energy bundle who ran on with great enthusiasm throughout the concert. Partly because he was introducing number "Dirty Laundry

"I want to apologize to the young people who are here today. I am sorry that I have been forced to hear this number throughout your childhood. I am sorry. It is my fault, "said a impudently sight in the eye before he launched into a riff that was just long-haired, bright as the lure on his head.

Dignified farewell

Before tonight's show, it emerged that NRGi Park was the examination in relation to noise pollution, which creates a rock concert for the neighborhood. Should the concert with the Eagles being the last of its kind, was it a goodbye to the manes. For although Aarhus in recent years has been visited by many artists, there are none of those who have left such an impression that the four Californian musicians did this Saturday evening. It was an experience to UG. Yes, the only indictment, and it came even after the concert was well that the concert only lasted two hours and not three as there had been advertised with. In turn, the quality of the top from start to finish and that is clearly preferable.

luvthelighthouse
05-31-2009, 10:17 AM
Just a quick snippet, but at least we can see what they were wearing and get a sample of lyrics. Gotta watch them all now, before they are taken down. :nahnah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oou46R1unkw&feature=channel

Prettymaid
05-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Thank you so much for that LTL - I love what they're wearing!

(And hopefully the David Frey part was just a glitch in the translator!)

luvthelighthouse
05-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Koala, I missed the photo link in your message first time around. Thanks for those! Did Don wear the same thing two days in a row?

Koala
05-31-2009, 12:19 PM
LTL thanks for posting the video and the translation!
I understand a bit danish, however so it is easier.

Koala
05-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Did Don wear the same thing two days in a row?
Yah, it looks like that Don wear the same.

Glennsallnighter
05-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Mmmm! Nice video!! I just can't wait for Dublin and Belfast!!

AzEaglesFan
05-31-2009, 06:02 PM
I would love to know what the reference to Dolly Parton is in this review
http://gaffa.dk/anmeldelse/32879

DonFan
05-31-2009, 06:51 PM

Looks like he did, but that is fine with me. I am loving his casual black attire.

EagleLady
05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Me too :inlove: But he'd look better out of it :twisted:

Peekaboo
05-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Looks like he did, but that is fine with me. I am loving his casual black attire.

I completely agree. Although i've recently started to like Don in the plaid, I love that he has chosen to go with the black during his recent concerts. Black looks great on him!!!

Freypower
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
And I like the black jacket & checked shirt on his colleague. :nahnah:

Ive always been a dreamer
05-31-2009, 11:20 PM

Guess he must've packed lightly! :lol:

TimothyBFan
06-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Joe Walsh. A troublemaker. An Unbridled energy bundle who ran on with great enthusiasm throughout the concert. Partly because he was introducing number "Dirty Laundry

"I want to apologize to the young people who are here today. I am sorry that I have been forced to hear this number throughout your childhood. I am sorry. It is my fault, "said a impudently sight in the eye before he launched into a riff that was just long-haired, bright as the lure on his head.

Messed up in translation or reviewer was confused on which song Joe always apologizes to the audience about. But all in all a pretty good review!!

Brooke
06-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Pretty good, and loved the casual look!

I especially loved these two comments:

"people convicted of celebration" Well, if you have to be convicted of something, celebration is a good thing!

"shovel money into an already jam packed bank account" I can see Glenn and Don right now, shovels in hand!

:lol:

Prettymaid
06-01-2009, 02:06 PM
You've gotta love the translations! :hilarious:

Troubadour
06-04-2009, 05:23 PM
OK, apparently I'm an idiot, and I've only just followed the picture link that Koala posted. Oh my goodness! I love those photos of Don so much :heart: