PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow, Scotland 6-23-06

sodascouts
06-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I'll write a review later tonight - since I was ten rows from the very back of the very top tier, I could easily get an overview. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy the first part hardly at all because the man behind me punched me hard in the back when I didn't sit down fast enough during 'take it easy,' and threatened to do worse when I told him to keep his hands off of me or I would call security. Quite upsetting. But to get my mind off of it I wrote down a lot, so that's one benefit, even if I spent most of the night scared of the guy behind me. :(

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Witchy Mummy
06-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Oh Nancy :( I'm so sorry, what a horrible man. I'm glad you got some notes written down, but what an awful way to have do it.

Perfect Little Sister
06-24-2006, 12:58 PM
OMG!!!!!!!! I am so pissed!! I shoulda been there Nanc. I spent enough time around cowboys in my life I'm a bit scrappier and I promise that guy would not have been able to walk when I was done with him. I am sitting here fuming!!! I think there might actually be smoke coming out my ears right now. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/mad.gif Oh man. Well you won't have to worry about it in July...anybody messes with you they mess with me. And I'm a bitch when i need to be.http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/devil.gif

Ive always been a dreamer
06-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Whoa Lissa - you go girl! Sorry you had to deal with such an a**hole Nancy, but I hope the show was good anyway!

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

timfan
06-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Ohh Nancy I am soo sorry that happened!! What a jerk!! :( but at least you saw the show :D

glenneaglesfan
06-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Even better, Nancy's bad experience that night has persuaded her to look for Cardiff tickets tonight, so we'll drive up together! Son Phil will have to sit in the back with his iPod, as you can probably guess what we'll be talking about!

~~~

This way to happiness...

Witchy Mummy
06-25-2006, 03:41 AM
Have a great time! I can't wait to read about your adventure :D

sodascouts
06-25-2006, 06:04 AM
I'm at Kate's about to make breakfast, but I'll try to jot down some more pleasant Glasgow thoughts (and thanks for your encouragement everyone! I wish I was more like Lissa and hadn't been so scared of the guy. :(

The first thing I noticed was a police warning being broadcasted in the beginning on the screens - 'For security reasons, please take it easy when entering the stadium.' Not sure if it was a deliberate reference but I suspected it was and I thought it was clever.

They got started a bit late - 7:20 - I think because so many people were taking it a bit TOO easy getting to their seats and the venue didn't fill up for a bit, despite the fact it was sold out, because so many were meandering to their seats. Sitting in the nosebleeds, I was like, if I had a good seat, I'd be in it!

Clothes (athough you have probably seen photos): Glenn wore black on black - the coat was the flaming sleeves one. Gorgeous as always. Don and Joe wore variations of gray coats, Joe with a red shirt underneath. Don was in jeans as well. He has lost weight since the beginning of the tour, in my opinion. Tim was also all in black and with his long hair blowing in the wind, looked the best I've ever seen him live. The horn section was all in black again.

Some things that stood out to me:

PART ONE

- Joe turned towards Don and looked and him affectionately during NKIT at the phrase 'You look here in the eye, the music begins to play.'

-At the end harmonies of NKIT, Glenn did something I love, and that is 'conducting' with his finger the other band members as they all watched him.

- I was watching Glenn during ICTYW and he looked just as into the lyrics as Tim. I love that.

-The audience was pretty dead, but perked up a bit for Lyin' Eyes and Boys of Summer before calming down again, lol. I saw Joe and Stueart playing around a bit in the background (yes I do look at others besides Glenn.)

-Glenn had a lot of cool guitars; I can't really describe them except some were more colorful and had odd shapes. Of course Old Black (or a descendant - is the original still around?) came out.

-When Joe sang 'far away from the neon sky' Joe lifted his hand up with the notes and I like it when they do that.

-Before the Long Run, Don said something that shocked me but I got a laugh out of it for sure! They were selling pink cowboy hats outside the venue and calling them 'concert hates.' Both men and women were buying them in droves All across the audience you could see the pink cowboy hats. Don paused a moment, scanned the crowd, and said, 'Interesting pink gay cowboy hats - but don't wear those in Texas!'

-I think it's been mentioned in Eagleland that THRONGS of people left during The Long Run as soon as Don introduced it with, 'We're doing one more song, then you can get another beer.' Well, they apparently couldn't wait.

PART 2

- Joe and Tim also had something to say to the crowd. Joe: 'I don't know what to say, but there sure are a whole lot of you.' Tim: 'Well this certainly is the most INTERESTING crowd we've had.' This as large groups of people kept wandering in and out - throughout - especially during the solo songs. We're talking a third of the floor pretty much constantly in motion except for the encore.

-Before NMCD, Glenn said 'We've been on the road for several weeks and we're all missing our wives and children, so this song is dedicated to them.' Aw!

-Don mentioned that he has Scottish relatives - asked if there were any MacKintos (or something like that, the sound was good for songs but for chatter it was terrible, could hardly hear them if their mouths weren't right on the mic) in the audience because that was his ancestor's clan. He said he tried to get a kilt but all he could get was a tartan cloth because that's all they made with his clan's colors. I guess it was a small clan.

-Don dedicated HITW to his mother, who he said had passed away three years ago.

-Glenn added an extra 'Take it to the limit one more time' at the end of the song. I love adlibs.

-During the band intros, Glenn drank Gatorade and spelled Stueart's name for everyone.

-FINALLY, for Heartache Tonight, people STARTED to get animated.

-Tim was making faces for people in the crowd (I guess with cameras?) all during Life in the Fast Lane.

-Once again, ASWTDID and RMW were left out.

That's all I can remember! Sound was decent, they played well as always, but the bad crowd vibe, apparently one of the worst they'd seen at least on this tour, kind of took some of the spirit out of them. (IMHO).

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

Z
06-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Nancy, thanks for the great details. Sorry to hear about the jerk behind you -- what a d*ck!! Trust me, nothing like that will be tolerated in AC!

It must be very discouraging to the band to have the audience more interested in the beer than the show, especially by the end of the tour. I still can't figure out why people spend all that money on tickets when the cover charge at the local pub has to be much less.http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/eyes.gif

-------------

Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me,
Be they pastries or lobsters or love;
I'm just tryin' to get by being quiet and shy,
In a world full of pushin' and shove.

Witchy Mummy
06-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the review Nancy. I don't get it either. Even the "cheap seats" aren't cheap if you just want to get drunk. Let's hope Cardiff will be the finale they deserve :D

Perfect Little Sister
06-25-2006, 05:10 PM
Glad the sound was good Nanc. I'm still pissed off on your behalf! Have a great time at Cardiff!!

~~~~

You're not quite lovers and you're not quite friends,
After the thrill is gone.

Freypower
06-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Sorry about what happened Nancy, but I'm glad you enjoyed (most) of it.

PinkCoatGirl
06-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Wow...I am incredibly pissed at that awful guy behind you, Nancy!!! Good grief!!! I thought audiences in Toronto were bad, but all they do is yell at you mercilessly. Don't worry...sounds like, between Lissa and I, you have some bodyguards for July. :)

The show sounds wonderful though, I agree, I love ad libs!!! The thing with the beer happened in Toronto, too... "One more song before the intermission...and then you can go buy some T-shirts, get another beer *85% of audience stands up and leaves*" So ridiculous. I'll never understand that. LOL at the thing about the pink cowboy hats!!! See...I actually do like that about Don...he sure says whatever he feels like sayin', doesn't he? :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the majority of the show, but I am so sorry about the idiot behind you. :( Great review anyhow, I can so picture all that....!

-----

~*She'll always be...the girl from yesterday...*~

My friend and I: "Nice coat Glenn!"
Joe Walsh, at next pause between songs: "Hey, nice coat, Glenn."
Glenn: "Thanks, thanks...yah, I picked this up at the..Liberace garage sale, glad you like it..." ;)

glenneaglesfan
06-29-2006, 03:56 AM
I have Scottish ancestors way back and I am deeply ashamed by their behaviour. Being half Welsh, I was proud of everyone on the last night. The beer had been flowing all afternoon because of the England match, but by and large people stayed in their seats for the songs, and the singing, especially on TITTL, was second to none!

~~~

This way to happiness...

sodascouts
06-29-2006, 10:06 AM
I have some Scottish ancestry somewhere too, Kate! No need to feel bad. But yeah, the Welsh know how to rock. ;)

~

Witchy Mummy
06-29-2006, 01:58 PM
We do ;)

(I was born in Wales :D )