PDA

View Full Version : Berlin, Germany 6-7-2009

Koala
06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
I found this review today, a setlist was not called, no photos!
I hope this again somewhat is to be understood!

The Eagles show their perfection in Berlin

The legendary Eagles offered before 11,000 the perfect show - exactly like a Broadway revue, but with no room for chance or spontaneity. Except for the welcome and the presentation of the musicians gave the band emphasizes laconic.
The Band was emphatically taciturn. And even primitive guitar outbreaks were rehearsed.The perfectionism which met one of the stage is as uncanny as authoritative. Here a legend celebrates itself. Here four columns of the rock music of the 70s stretch themselves high in pop Olymp. Here history of music in extremely imposing manner is retold, so to speak and processed with the technical entertainment possibilities of modern times. The Californian Eagles have landed on Sunday evening in the O2 World with about 11,000 visitors. And play themselves once more by all hits which once dominated an entire era.
The four eagles on the front line are in top form,
even if they offer only in the second part of the evening more than experienced craft. The early sixty-year-olds are very well with voice and know how to circumnavigate the possible difficulties in the high situations very well. Guitarist Glenn Frey, drummer and guitarist Don Henley, guitarist Joe Walsh and bassist Timothy B. Schmit alternate with virtually democratic correctness with the song, while the others contribute the choral music So typical for Eagles. The more than three hours long show is rehearsed exactly like a Broadway revue, for chance or spontaneity is there no place.
It is a few minutes after eight, when the Eagles with their accompanying musicians, including a four-man brass crew, as well as an additional drummer, another guitarist Stuart Smith, the experienced, come into the limelight and with immediately three pieces of the topical, admittedly, already in the end of 2007 appeared double album „Long Road Out Of for Eden“ opens the show. However, the applause for "How Long", "I Don't Wanna Hear Anymore" and "Guilty Of The Crime" is of rather polite nature.
The Eagles seem to have expected this and put with „hotel of California“ her biggest hit immediately to the fourth place of the evening Programme.And now rages and cook the hall, whether old or new pieces of tone. And the new songs so much in the old patterns are woven that they are the best in the excellent sound ausgesteuerten carpet insert.Except a greeting at the beginning by Glenn Frey ("Hello Berlin, we are the Eagles, we are the ancient ones, the band that wouldn't die") and later for the welcome and the presentation of the musicians gave the band emphasizes laconic. Here speaks only the music. And the workload is enormous. In black suit, white shirt and tie the bosses of the Eagles group present her product it looks like stiff, especially Joe Walsh looks in this manager's outfit highly misplaced. There is much new to hear. There is no room for one or the other piece that you would like one, "New Kid In Town", for example.
For it Don Henleys „Boys Of Summer“ are present also Joe Walsh's classic "Life's Been Good", "Take It To The Limit", "Heartache Tonight" and „Life in The fast Lane“ is the dynamic finale before the encores.
The songs are illustrated on a huge semicircular canvas in the background with film recordings and graphic games, sometimes people hurry by New York, sometimes crosses a Chevy on the Desert Highway , also images of poverty, hunger and war in the world are displayed.
Everything is correct and as highly shining as a polished up street cruiser. Only Joe Walsh may step out of line with primitive guitar outbreaks a little bit, but also this is planned of course and rehearsed.
This evening with the Eagles absolutely has elegance and size. He shows how a band the years of first-class musicians knows to use her work with dignity and commercial sense. Prolonged applause after the smooth „take It easy“, to the primitive Walsh-Blues to "Rocky Mountain Way" and the contemplative rock outlaw ballad "desperado" the history book of the rock is far snapped shut after 23 o'clock definitively. Respect.

luvthelighthouse
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
The four eagles on the front line are in top form,
even if they offer only in the second part of the evening more than experienced craft. The early sixty-year-olds are very well with voice and know how to circumnavigate the possible difficulties in the high situations very well.

This is good! :thumbsup: I'm glad there was no Glenn slamming this time. Thanks for the find and translation.

cynd1231
06-08-2009, 06:23 PM
The European fans seem to be giving a somewhat cool reception. Malmo and Bergen were apparently shorter shows -- like only 20 songs on the set lists -- and there were some criticisms on some of the vocals (I guess nobody took into account the distance they traveled, the time difference they needed to adjust to OR how they're bouncing all over on a two-day turnaround for each show). It seems that so far the best reviews have come out of Helsinki.

The Prague show is over as I write this and I'm about to jump over to thepaperboy.com and see if anything is posted on the internet papers yet.

Personally I'm disappointed in the reviews I've seen so far, NOT because I think they're giving less than their all but because the fans over there don't seem to appreciate the show they're getting.

Freypower
06-08-2009, 06:31 PM
But the criticisms have been by professional reviewers, haven't they? I only saw that one comment from a fan which said Bergen was 'dead'. I doubt that is representative. The only reason Malmo & Aarhus were shorter is because they had a support act, I think.

TimothyBFan
06-09-2009, 07:52 AM
FP---you reminded me of something I've been thinking about. I don't know if I've already asked this or not. Does anyone know why for a couple of these concerts they had a support act? What determines if they have one or not? Thoughts please!

cynd1231
06-09-2009, 10:14 AM
I think sometimes the supporting act is up to the venue. Paul Carrack is a good friend of theirs, he's written/cowritten a lot of their stuff so it may have been their choice this time. And there is always the issue of jet lag...hard to say.

luvthelighthouse
06-09-2009, 10:20 AM
My guess and that's all it is is a guess. Since it is still pretty light outside at these outdoor venues, you can't see the Eagles visuals on the big screen. So, to kill some time they add an opening act. This way, you don't have to wait until 9:30 at night for a concert to begin. Also, I think the sets are shorter, probably due to noise ordinances or curfews.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-09-2009, 10:38 AM
I agree ltl. I think it is just a random thing that the guy just occasionally decide to do. It's like when they had the Dixie Chicks open for them a few times during the F1 tour. It is also a way to give the opening artist some extra exposure.

luvthelighthouse
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Finally, some youtube... there was a snippet of How Long, but no closeups or big screens... it's just more for the audio.

ICTYW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqMGiHY0TX0

NMWITW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9_bcf6mJ5A

06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Awesome! LTL, once again, thanks for your detective work in finding all this stuff from the European shows.

cynd1231
06-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Terrific clips!! And they're sounding better and better with every show. They seemed tired at Malmo and Bergen, probably from the travel and the sizable time difference. Sounded more 'spot on' in the Berlin clips. I can't wait to see what gets posted from Vienna and beyond!

luvthelighthouse
06-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Awesome! LTL, once again, thanks for your detective work in finding all this stuff from the European shows.

It's my pleasure. I've actually been having fun searching... well, having fun when I can find things. I couldn't find anything from Finland and I was so mad. :)

Britt
06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed those very much.:hilarious:

Koala
06-11-2009, 12:36 AM
Thanks LTL, nice clips!

Koala
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Just I found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNcCEijMap4

TimothyBFan
06-11-2009, 07:37 AM
LTLH---Great finds!!

Koala---You just made my morning watching and hearing that. Great way to start my very busy LONG weekend of party stuff.

Side note about LWKUA--I was dropping Katie to a friends house last night and we were listening to an Eagles cd (imagine that!) and LWKUA came on and Katie said "Mom, I gotta tell ya, I teared up when Timothy started singing this song when we went to Cincinnati to see them". I wanted to cry. I told her I knew what she meant-me too every time I've seen it!

Koala
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
A short part from Life´s been Good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWNq47Q0iIk&feature=related

AzEaglesFan
06-15-2009, 02:31 PM
The LWKUA video about gave me motion sickness BUT dang Timothy sounds great. (Looks great too)

anne-o-gg
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
The LWKUA video about gave me motion sickness BUT dang Timothy sounds great. (Looks great too)

Yep on the motion sickness and YEP!!! He does sound fab!:thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
06-16-2009, 01:32 PM
The guys are in Germany, finally :thumbsup:

Thanks for these clips, great. Koala, not long anymore until we get to see them. :partytime:

06-16-2009, 01:36 PM
You all will have a blast, I'm sure! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Koala
06-16-2009, 01:43 PM
The guys are in Germany, finally :thumbsup:

Thanks for these clips, great. Koala, not long anymore until we get to see them. :partytime:
Yes! Only 30 days! I can it hardly expect!

EasyFeeling
06-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I know, Dreamer... can't wait :partytime: