PDA

View Full Version : As bad as it could be

thelongrun
06-10-2009, 01:50 PM
We have lost 44 little kids until now, what a tragedy, and in my Town...
Poor souls God bless them.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/06/07/mexico.day.care.fire/index.html?iref=newssearch

Brooke
06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh my gosh. How horrible. My prayers are with them all.

sodascouts
06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Oh, how very horrible. I'm so sorry. Those affected are in my prayers.

cynd1231
06-10-2009, 02:07 PM
A tradegy beyond comprehension. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone directedly effected.

thelongrun
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
A tradegy beyond comprehension. My thoughts and prayers go out to anyone directedly effected.

Exactly friend: Beyond comprehension. Because of that the Town is on fire and I am not talking about some building... Some heads are going to fall, you bet.:cuss:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
This is indeed a horrible tragedy that is so close to home for you, JD. I am so sorry and my heart goes out to our neighbors to the south.

glenneaglesfan
06-10-2009, 05:33 PM
JD, I haven't been around a lot recently, but I do think about my friends here, and I am so sad to hear about this tragedy in your home town. My thoughts will be with those families devastated by this.

Freypower
06-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Good heavens, TLR, I didn't know that event was so close to you. Absolutely horrible.

Prettymaid
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I am so sorry to read this. The children were so helpless!

thelongrun
06-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Good heavens, TLR, I didn't know that event was so close to you. Absolutely horrible.

Too close dear, not just because happened in my City (What City in the World deserves such a cruel tragedy? None in 1000 Years). You see, I was at work, about 2:45 PM and I started listening this Police and Red Cross sirens, as minutes went by the noise was louder. I ask one of my employees to check it out, we thought was a Police matter, the Drug Cartels now and then show here you know… He told me something was going on in the East side….
I was very hungry because (as usual) I didn’t have breakfast that Day, so I asked this friend to go out to pick some lunch… I drived South of the City an about 15 minutes drive to this Sea food shop, and the sirens kept going, Police and Ambulances everywhere, so I turned on the Radio to find out I was driving right to the site of the fire… In some moment I thought I am not doing nothing but get ting in the way here, so I turned away of the zone but after that t I was able to see the smoke, a huge heavy big horrible smoke, black and yellow…
As the evening came, we heard about 4 kids dead, 10, 13, 17…. Newspaper next Day said the poor kids killed were 29… Now we know there are 44 already.
Thank God some of the children who survived were taken to Sacramento, CA. to some special unit in burned kids.
For worst, I see a lynch ambient here, people are so mad, and everybody is taking it about local authorities and politicians… since 2 of the Day care center owners are Government directors and the shop it self is from Social Security... I feel so sad, so angry at the same time because I can’t think of a worst way to die and I can’t think of a person who deserves that less than a child… And things are getting nasty here, people is very very upset you know calling the Radio and media to call names on the persons involved…
I think, this is a reflection of our Society, our culture, our ways: If we divide and fight each others at the first sign of trouble, I can’t imagine what we could able to do on a real ugly crisis, take the Influenza one (wich thank God we didn’t have over here but) I can see in my mind people fighting to death for some gallons of Gas either some bottles of Tamiflu… Scary.
But all we should think now is on those kids.

Thanks all of you Border friends for your words.

MikeA
06-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Serious grief, JP. And that's for real!

<ed......I made the same mistake!>

Troubadour
06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
My heart is with everybody affected. What a horrible tragedy.

EagleLady
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
How Horrible! Everyone affected has my prayers

Koala
06-11-2009, 12:52 AM
What a horrible tragedy, I am so sorry!

ticky
06-11-2009, 01:12 AM
TLR- this story just breaks my heart. every day I go to school to pick up my little one and I revel in the sight of all the kids. They're so happy to see me even though they dont know me as anything but Sarah's mommy. They smile and wave and giggle. I cant think of anything more devastating then the idea of anyone or anything hurting those little faces. My heart and prayers go out to the babies involved and their families. God Bless

Mrs Frey
06-11-2009, 06:30 AM
I'm so, so sorry to read this, TLR. This is unimaginable sadness for the families of the children who have passed on, as well as those who have survived, but with burns. The latter will be affected by this for the rest of their lives.

I'm sorry your people seem so immature in the way they deal with crises. May God help them to see the light.

TimothyBFan
06-11-2009, 09:15 AM
This story actually made my stomach chrun. I can't even imagine what this town must be going thru!!!

06-11-2009, 11:24 AM
JP - I just realized earlier in this thread when I posted that I typed your name as JD. I guess it was just habit and I must have had Mr. Souther on my mind. :wink: Anyway, I apologize, and hope you and the rest of your city all the best as you begin picking up the pieces and putting your lives back together after this awful tragedy.

thelongrun
06-11-2009, 12:32 PM
JP - I just realized earlier in this thread when I posted that I typed your name as JD. I guess it was just habit and I must have had Mr. Souther on my mind. :wink: Anyway, I apologize, and hope you and the rest of your city all the best as you begin picking up the pieces and putting your lives back together after this awful tragedy.

Don't worry Dreamer, No problem, I thank you form the heart...
as I thank all for your kind words in this sad and dark hour...

Ah, JP by the way stands for John Peter...:)

Prettymaid
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
That is nice to know TLR, as I did not know your name!

After 9/11 the United States showed how it is able to rally together in times of crisis. How I wish we could always be that way! I can feel your frustration and can only remind you to be the change you want to see(Ghandi).

Glennsallnighter
06-12-2009, 07:05 AM
Oh JP I've just read this. What a terrible tragedy for you city to have to cope with. I cannot imagine what it must be like for those poor parents who left their kiddies into that facility for the day in order that thsy could work. It will take a long time for anyone to come to terms with it. I hope the surviving children do not suffer too much both mentally and physically and that those who perished will rest in peace.

Tragedies like this act as a wake up call to all of us as to how much we take our kiddies for granted. I'm sure those parents would love their kiddies to keep them awake tonight or put sticky fingers on the windows etc if it meant everything was ok again.

thelongrun
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Dear Lord, 2 more babies died in Hospitals in tha last 24 hours... So they are 46...

If they were through that hell for a week God I think maybe was better to not surviving at all...? Forgive my thoughts...

The good news is some more kids has been taken to Sacarmento and 1 to Cinncinati Clinics....

RIP.

AzEaglesFan
06-14-2009, 02:36 AM
Those poor babies. I feel so bad for their families that are left to grieve.

thelongrun
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Well, a nice thing... some Public foundation gifted a 2009 Silverado Pick up to the young man who saved some kids as he crashed the burning building's walls with his old Pick up (so help could get in in that tragic Day)...

And even the word is that old car of his is going right to Pimp my ride or some Show likle that (For real) :nod:

http://www.elimparcial.com/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/15062009/382387.aspx

TimothyBFan
06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Well that's really nice! He deserves something for his bravery!

thelongrun
06-29-2009, 07:55 PM
DEAR LORD, 2 MORE KIDS, ONE OF THEY 1 DIED IN CINCNCINATI, THAT'S MAKES 48. GOVERNOR AND MAJOR AS SOC. SECUR. CHIEFS ON THIN ICE...

06-29-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted, JP. What a sad, sad story. It'll probably take many years to heal all the wounds here. My heart continues to go out to all the families affected by this.

thelongrun
07-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted, JP. What a sad, sad story. It'll probably take many years to heal all the wounds here. My heart continues to go out to all the families affected by this.

Cool. An this is an Update: As a result of this tragedy and the poor way Government has... reacted, handle it, last Sunday was Election Day here. Guess what: Right wing Party's, oposition - won for Governor here for the very first time in... 80 Years :computer: Their fault.

thelongrun
07-30-2009, 03:53 PM
We lost another little kid, that's 49... God.
The Town as I said is on fire, huge crowd Marchs every Saturday...

AzEaglesFan
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
I hadn't heard any more so I thought everyone was getting better. This is just so sad and hard on the families. Do you know how many more babies are still in the hospital?

sodascouts
07-30-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm so sorry. After that little one fought so hard, to die now anyway... so sad.

Koala
07-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Oh no, how horrible, that is so sad!

thelongrun
07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I hadn't heard any more so I thought everyone was getting better. This is just so sad and hard on the families. Do you know how many more babies are still in the hospital?

Good question AZEF. I knew there were about 142 kids total, 75 kids with injuries so that gives us about 19 kids who were lucky that black Day when they had no damage at all.

With the last kid lost that makes 74 with burns either lung problems, and the 49 deaths. In the last few weeks 1 or 2 kids per Week had been realesed, I mean went Home thank God, left Hospitals among Sacramento and Cincinnati Shriners Hospitals for Children (http://www.shrinershq.org/), and Guadalajara Mexico.

However I will get back to you with official numbers thanks for asking:angel: