PDA

View Full Version : Vienna, Austria 10-06-2009

Tessa
06-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Wooooohoooo I'm back home. I had the best seat I could dream of, because I had the perfect view of Don. I wasn't able to take pictures, because my mobile phone isn't that good. I recorded Desperado, Boys of summer and Waiting in the weeds with my mobile phone. If I'll ever find my data cable I'll post it here.

The concert started at 20:00, they played 50 min and took a very short break about 10-15min and then played until the end.
Here's for you what I remember; I don't remember all they said and I don't know what the rest of the Eagles did, because most of the time I was watching Don.

01. How long
Glenn: Hello Vienna, we play old songs, new songs, long songs...

02. Guilty of the crime
03. Hotel California
04. Peaceful easy feeling
05. I can't tell you why
06. Witchy woman

Glenn: Don and I once wrote this next song. We wrote it quite quickly. We did everything very fast back in 1975.
07. Lying eyes

08. Boys of summer
After that song I decided to go to the toilet. I came across the stage at the same time Don went back to his drums. He looked sidewarts and I thought "the heck with it.....", raised my hand, waved at him and said "Hi". He smiled back at me, didn't raise his hand, though waved with his left hand :bye: raised his brows and grinned me a "Hi" back.
Wow. At the toilet I realized that I was completely shaking and sat a little longer than planned.

Wow. Thank you Don. :xoxo: Thank you sooo much.
That was more than I expected. I'm the happiest girl on earth. I will NEVER forget that moment.

09. In the city

Don: Right now we're gonna sing one more song for you, then we'll take a short break, we have a bad condition, and then we'll come back and sing for a looooooong time.
10. The long run

BREAK

11. No more walks in the woods
12. Waiting in the weeds

Glenn: Now we're playing the next song from the new album. It is called "track number eight". :rofl:
13. No more cloudy days

14. Love will keep us alive

Glenn: It's great to be in Vienna. Vienna, the world capitol of waltz. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a waltz for you:
15. Take it to the limit

BAND INTROS
Don was sooo cute, he smiled like he was embarrased by all the noise that started after Glenn introduced him. Then he looked directly into the cam, so that the whole screen was filled with his face :hilarious: and I needed some fresh air after seeing his cute stubble. :faint:

16. Long road out of Eden

They shortly left the stage and came back in white shirts with their ties on and my seat neighbour said: "Oh, now it gets hotter".
The woman on my left side asked me "Are you an Eagles fan? I saw that you know all the songs before they start singing" (I wrote the titles into my mobile phone, she saw that) I looked quite puzzled, said "Aaahm, yeeeees?!" She said: "I'm not. I'm in the wrong concert because I made a mistake at the order hotline...but I'm surprised: they are good!". :shrug:

17. Walk away
18. One of these nights
19. Life's been good
The only time I didn't stare at Don, because Glenn's butt was more interesting during that song :blush: (he showed us all his back a few times)

20. Dirty laundry
21. Funk 49
(nice bauble between Glenn and Joe)

22. Heartache tonight
23. Life in the fast lane

Then they left the stage and the whole hall started to scream and clap.
They came back and played

24. Take it easy
25. Rocky mountain way
Steuart had lots of fun with himself....he laughed and smiled the whole time during Joe's hose-play (you know what I mean, I don't know the right word for that).

26. Desperado
I recorded Desperado with my mobile phone. Don's voice was incredible.

After they took a bow Don took his drumsticks and gave them to 3 kids.
Glenn gave a guitar pick to someone.

But all those sticks and picks can't touch to what I got from Don that night. :iloveyou:

*sigh* That was the best concert I've ever been to. Yes, the Beach Boys were great, I loved Kenny Rogers and Genesis were nice too. But that Eagles concert was the max. I'll never ever forget that day.

tbsfan
06-10-2009, 08:10 PM
01. How long

02. Guilty of the crime
03. Hotel California
04. Peaceful easy feeling
05. I can't tell you why
06. Witchy woman

No I Don't Want To Hear Anymore?

Tessa
06-10-2009, 08:31 PM
No I Don't Want To Hear Anymore?
I'm not sure. I don't think so. No Busy beeing fabulous, no Somebody and no All she wants to do is dance.

Troubadour
06-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Aw, I'm so glad you had such a great time, Tessa. That acknowledgement from Don must have sent you through the roof. What a cutie!

Thanks for the great review. Sounds like the guys were all on top form.

As for Joe's messing around... you were very close! "Horse play" ;) Although I'm pretty sure we have a few Borderers who wouldn't mind seeing some 'hose play' from him, too...!

cynd1231
06-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Troub, you are SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO BBBBBAAAAAAADDDDDDD:laugh:

ROTFLMAO

Troubadour
06-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I know. I'm so sorry! I couldn't resist!

I meant to say, I'm disappointed Somebody isn't on the setlist because, although I like it on the album, it still doesn't 'wow' me. I've been reassured my mind will be changed upon hearing it live... I hope I get the chance to see Glenn rocking that song on stage in Birmingham!

cynd1231
06-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Birmingham, how wonderful. I may be in Manchester the weekend they play there....been invited to join my daughter and her family when they go to visit my son-in-law's family (he's from there).

By the way, I just checked the Vienna papers and found the attached from the show. I'm going to back to check out some of the other newspapers online to see if I find more.

Freypower
06-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Somebody appears to have been dropped from a couple of shows. ASWTDID has not been part of the setlist for some time and yet I see RMW has returned. Are you quite sure RMW was played after TIE?

Glad you enjoyed it, Tessa.

Cynd, that photo is from several years ago, I'm afraid.

Tessa
06-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Are you quite sure RMW was played after TIE?

I'm absolutely sure. The time I typed RMW into my cellphone (because I saw the tube on Joe's mic and thought they'd sing it first) TIE started.

Tessa
06-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Ha, yesterday in Vienna today on YouTube. Look what just I found (the lady who's uploading them is still awake and just put The long run online):

LITFL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1iF6diEM3Q

HC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDz-Wi3jxY

ICTYW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcIRwnVsfY0

RMW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8m9EtC09ks

LROOE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0KYYDHtczQ

TLR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfAq4PO_Jh8

luvthelighthouse
06-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Tessa, way to go getting Don's attention! It would have made my night too. I'm so happy you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing with us!

Freypower
06-10-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't understand why so few of these people film Glenn's vocals.:sad:

As for RMW being played AFTER TIE that is a huge change. It has always been the case that the two lead singers of the band sang the last two songs. I cannot understand why this has suddenly been changed. The more I think about it the more bemused I am.

anne-o-gg
06-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Tessa - sounds like you had a FABULOUS time! So happy for you! :yay:

Acknowledged by Don!! :jealous:

And I think by "hose play" you mean when Joe plays through his Talk-Box - which is the tube that runs up his mic, he does that on Rocky Mountain Way...

Tessa
06-10-2009, 10:54 PM
It's 5 in the morning here in Austria, I'm sure this lady has more videos but is too tired to put them up right now.

@ Anne
Thank you, that is exactly what I mean with Joe's tube!
Steuart seemed to have lots of fun with that.

Okay, she's not uploading anymore, so I'll go to bed too.

Fan_For_Life
06-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Great review. Talk about an enchanted moment. :thumbsup: Glad you had a good time.

Britt
06-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Great review, thanks for posting. Glad you got Don's attention! Sweet dreams to you.

Freypower
06-10-2009, 11:47 PM
It's 5 in the morning here in Austria, I'm sure this lady has more videos but is too tired to put them up right now.

@ Anne
Thank you, that is exactly what I mean with Joe's tube!
Steuart seemed to have lots of fun with that.

Okay, she's not uploading anymore, so I'll go to bed too.

Perhaps, but the ones she uploaded were sung by every other member of the band.

cynd1231
06-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Tessa, thank you for all the incredible YouTube clips. You're an absolute doll. Now get some sleep........and sweet dreams!!!!!

Koala
06-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the great review and thanks for posting the videos! :thumbsup:
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! :)

TimothyBFan
06-11-2009, 07:59 AM
01. How long

Long songs....cute! Glenn changing it up a bit-cool!

08. Boys of summer
After that song I decided to go to the toilet. I came across the stage at the same time Don went back to his drums. He looked sidewarts and I thought "the heck with it.....", raised my hand, waved at him and said "Hi". He smiled back at me, didn't raise his hand, though waved with his left hand :bye: raised his brows and grinned me a "Hi" back.
Wow. At the toilet I realized that I was completely shaking and sat a little longer than planned.

Wow. Thank you Don. :xoxo: Thank you sooo much.
That was more than I expected. I'm the happiest girl on earth. I will NEVER forget that moment.

At first I thought :shock: why would she get up to go to the bathroom during it-but then that quickly changed! Good for you!! :thumbsup: Glad you had to go at that time!! :hilarious:

16. Long road out of Eden
The woman on my left side asked me "Are you an Eagles fan? I saw that you know all the songs before they start singing" (I wrote the titles into my mobile phone, she saw that) I looked quite puzzled, said "Aaahm, yeeeees?!" She said: "I'm not. I'm in the wrong concert because I made a mistake at the order hotline...but I'm surprised: they are good!". :shrug:
Are you kidding me? :brickwall: Some people!!!!!!!!Geesh!!

I'm sorry to hear they are taking some songs out of the playlist. Somebody really is a great song to see live!! Really switching things up a bit for the portion of the tour. I don't know if that's good or bad but frankly I'm really glad I saw them here in the US for some shows with the bigger playlists, especially in Chicago when we got 2 2 song encores!

One last thing--I have to ask---Who wants to have a little "hose play" with Joe---Anyone? :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-11-2009, 08:32 AM

As for RMW being played AFTER TIE that is a huge change. It has always been the case that the two lead singers of the band sang the last two songs. I cannot understand why this has suddenly been changed. The more I think about it the more bemused I am.

Perhaps, but the ones she uploaded were sung by every other member of the band

FP, would you like a little cheese with that whine! :wink:

Tessa, so glad you had a good time and got a wave from Don. Details please: Where were you when you waved at him? Were you walking in front of the stage? Where was your seat? In the videos it looks like everybody on the floor is standing all of the time. Are there no seats down there?

The person who shot the vids did a good job considering where she was. She was able to show the stage and the screen at the same time. For some reason, everytime a cheer welled up from the crowd I got a little misty. Knowing that this audience in Vienna is appreciating the same music I was cheering just a few months ago makes me feel like this really is a small world after all!

Prettymaid
06-11-2009, 08:36 AM
One last thing--I have to ask---Who wants to have a little "hose play" with Joe---Anyone? :hilarious:

Okay Ticky you bring the hose and I'll bring the fireman's helmuts...

Ive always been a dreamer
06-11-2009, 10:34 AM
Okay Ticky you bring the hose and I'll bring the fireman's helmuts...

Someone alert the authorities - PLEASE!!! :lol:

Tessa - thanks for the great review, and I know exactly how thrilled you feel about getting Don's attention. Anyone who has experienced getting attention from an Eagle would understand. :wink: :nod:

I am sorry that the band keeps gradually dropping songs from the set list, especially Somebody - it rocks! I'm hoping it is temporary, but I'm doubtful. I remember saying this way back when we were speculating on what the LROOE tour set list would be, I said I would be happy with 28 songs (paired down from the 30 songs that we got at the beginning of F1). But in this leg of the tour, we are now getting just 26 or 27 songs. IMO, at the cost of an Eagles concert ticket, fans deserve a 3-hour show. Unless there is some other filler, I would think that 26 or 27 songs would only be about a 2 1/2 hour show. :-(

Brooke
06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Wonderful review Tessa! Cool that Don noticed you also! Sounds like a wonderful evening.

I am sorry to hear the shows are being shortened. I hope this doesn't continue. :worried:

luvthelighthouse
06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm loving the LROOE video. I know you can't really see the guys, but the song sounds SO good! Awwww... I think I'm in PEW. Can I still get that two months later?

Freypower
06-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I think the exclusion of Somebody is only temporary. Remember they also dropped BBF and brought it back. I think as long as Glenn appeared to have some voice problems he perhaps thought it should be dropped. I sincerely hope so, as if I ever see them again that is the song I am most looking forward to seeing along with LROOE itself.

PM, I liked the 'would you like cheese with that whine' comment. Quite appropriate. I can be a bit :scowl: for no reason sometimes.:fingerwag: to me.

Jojo
06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Love the video's :thumbsup:

cheryl
06-12-2009, 02:24 AM
My thanks to everyone for all the reviews and videos that have been shared. I saw them in March in Indianapolis and it was THE BEST SHOW EVER. I listen to a cd or watch my dvd's everyday;guess I'm obsessed with them. Loving Don more and more everyday. Even bought his Inside Job dvd. It's wonderful. Soon as I can I will post my review of the Indianapolis show. My seat was 6 rows on the floor by Joe" mic. I will check here each day. Keep up the great posts. FYI there is a 2 hour dvd I bought from Amazon that is just interviews; mostly Don and Glenn. This is a must for all fans.;cost is around $10.00. The Rolling Stone t-shirts at Walmart are pretty cool also;same price as above with a years subscription to the magazine.

Glennsallnighter
06-12-2009, 07:19 AM
I know. I'm so sorry! I couldn't resist!

I meant to say, I'm disappointed Somebody isn't on the setlist because, although I like it on the album, it still doesn't 'wow' me. I've been reassured my mind will be changed upon hearing it live... I hope I get the chance to see Glenn rocking that song on stage in Birmingham!

You BET it'll wow you in Birmingham Troub. Its sensational live

Tessa thanks for a great review, and congrats on that little bit of Dontact

EagleLady
06-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Lisa, You've created another Eagleism, Dontact :hilarious:

cynd1231
06-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Sounds like the beginning of a new thread: EAGLISMS :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
06-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Actually, we have been using Glenntact around here for quite a while, but we certainly need to add Dontact, Joetact, and Timtact to our Eaglese dictionary. Cynd, I thought we already had a thread on our Eaglese language and Eaglisms, but we don't. However, I did find a rather lengthy discussion that happened a while back in the 'Little Things That Remind You of the Eagles' thread starting around page 72. Here is the link if you want to check it out:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388&page=72

Tessa
06-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Where were you when you waved at him? Were you walking in front of the stage? Where was your seat? In the videos it looks like everybody on the floor is standing all of the time. Are there no seats down there?
No, I wasn't directly in front of the stage. He went back (to his drums or for a new guitar, I don't know I went to the toilet after waving him) and I was heading to the exit when we met at the stage-edge where nobody else was standing.

There are seats everywhere *g* but we Austrians don't like to sit during rock concerts :nahnah::thumbsup: (and not a single "concert officer" would even TRY to tell us that we have to sit down *g*)

Prettymaid
06-12-2009, 06:56 PM
There are seats everywhere *g* but we Austrians don't like to sit during rock concerts :nahnah::thumbsup: (and not a single "concert officer" would even TRY to tell us that we have to sit down *g*)

Well then! I guess I'm hanging with the wrong crowds! :hilarious:

Peekaboo
06-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks so much for the review and vids, Tessa. I'm so happy and also a little :jealous: of your Dontact. That's so great that you were able to get a response from him.

AzEaglesFan
06-14-2009, 02:07 AM
This site is probably on here somewhere, it has several concerts listed on the right side but I can't seem to get them to work to bring up any pictures. http://eaglesfans.typepad.com/09tour/2009/06/eagles-in-vienna-review-kurier.html maybe it will work for one of you and you can post the pictures for the rest of us

Tessa
06-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Haha, I like that review...it is so true.....what they write about Hotel California...you really had the feeling they're just playing the song because the audience want to hear it - NOT because they want to play it.

Also true this sentence:
Trained the four Eagles to start yet for the World Cup in Grantigschauen
"Grantigschaun" is Austrian dialect and means "look grumpy"
They weren't looking very happy at first. Especially Don looked like someone ate his drumsticks. :eyebrow:

And Joe Walsh is impressive blad become.
"blad" is also Austrian dialect and means "chubby"

So far I couldn't find any non-translated word.

http://www.kurier.at/mmedia/2009.06.11/1244731848_5.jpg

Tessa
06-14-2009, 05:30 AM
Thank you to my dictionary for putting my foot in it. http://wuerziworld.de/Smilies/wirr/wirr6.gif

AzEaglesFan
06-14-2009, 12:46 PM
What does Die Eagles mean, I thought it was The Eagles but now I wonder???

Tessa
06-14-2009, 03:10 PM
What does Die Eagles mean, I thought it was The Eagles but now I wonder???
"Die" is an article and stands for "the"

We say "Die Eagles", not "The Eagles".

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Lisa, You've created another Eagleism, Dontact :hilarious:
So I have Elisa :wink:

sodascouts
06-15-2009, 06:01 PM
I know I"m late but thank you for the review, Tessa! How very cool that Don said "hello" to you!