PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to the Irish Gigs

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Well this year I'm in a great position having not 1 but 2 gigs to look forward to in a few weeks. In the interests of simplicity I'm saying they are both in Ireland and I'm sorry in advance if I'm stepping on anybodys toes here (Belfast being in NORTHERN Ireland). Its just for convenience.

So let the CountDowns begin!
Belfast 16
Dublin 18

Peekaboo
06-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh GA, you are in for quite a treat!!! Especially with how gorgeous the guys are looking lately...not that they aren't ever gorgeous but you know what i mean. You're gonna have a blast at these two shows. I'm already looking forward to the reveiws and hopefully some pics to adore.

Prettymaid
06-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Oh this should be fun! GA's countdown to when she finally gets to see Glenn :heart:. Lisa, I am so excited for you I can hardly contain it!

EagleLady
06-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Oh Lisa, I am so excited for you :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the good wishes girls!! I've just booked the Belfast Hotel....

Belfast 15
Dublin 17

Koala
06-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I know you'll have a nice time,
I am looking forward to your reviews and pictures.

Glennsallnighter
06-15-2009, 03:53 AM
Thanks Koala:thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Belfast 13
Dublin 15

and counting.......................................... ..

Prettymaid
06-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Where are your seats GA? If you've told us I've forgotten.

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
The Belfast ones are ILAA 5* but are in the tiers because I'm bringing Laura and you have to be over 16 for the standing space. the Dublin ones ate ILAA 4* (Couldn't justify 5* when the kids won't eat the ILAA food!!) so hopefully within the first 20 rows as promised!.Obviously the nearer to Glenn :heart: the better!!

Prettymaid
06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Obviously! :nod: And didn't someone tell us on here once that you can actually contact ILAA and request that your seat be in front of Glenn?

Troubadour
06-18-2009, 06:46 AM
It's getting closer! I am so excited for you. I know you can't wait to see the guys (Glenn!) again. Your descriptions will help to gear me up for my show on the 7th, too. You're going to love every minute. Fingers crossed for great seats!

Ive always been a dreamer
06-18-2009, 11:56 AM
Obviously! :nod: And didn't someone tell us on here once that you can actually contact ILAA and request that your seat be in front of Glenn?

PM, you can contact ILAA to request a seat location, but if they try to accommodate you, it may not necessarily work out the best for you. For example, if you request a front row center seat in front of Glenn, then they may get you pretty close to center, but it probably wouldn't be front row. In fact, it may mean you are back farther than you would have otherwise been. It one of those "be careful what you ask for" things, IMO.

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Thats been my attitude too and I also have to consider a little TIMTOT!!

Anyway yesterday I got an email from ILAA saying the pre show party in Belfast has been cancelled :-( (due to logistical reasons! :roll:) At least the gig itself will go ahead but I had been looking forward to the party..

In any case........

Belfast 11
Dublin 13

Prettymaid
06-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Anyway yesterday I got an email from ILAA saying the pre show party in Belfast has been cancelled :-( (due to logistical reasons! :roll:) At least the gig itself will go ahead but I had been looking forward to the party..

GA, does that mean you'll get nothing for your money except your seats? If so, isn't the whole idea behind ILAA getting the perks as well as good seats to the show? (Although I've read on here according to some of you that the perks don't amount to much.) Why else would anyone go that route? :headscratch: In other words, how can they legally do that?

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2009, 08:18 AM
They are refunding $100 per package and apparently will give us drinks vouchers. We'll also have the 'hassle free shopping' and the 'souvenir laminate' that doesn't come with the 4*pack. Still the 5* pack was $300 dearer than the 4* pack. Its a lot extra for just those other perks even with the refund. I think they must not have sold enough 'packages' to justify the party, but it doesn't seem very fair to those of us who did book.

Those seats better be GOOD!! I want to be able to TOUCH Glenn :heart:

Still I paid for them ages ago, so I'm still looking forward to the gig!

Prettymaid
06-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Those seats better be GOOD!! I want to be able to TOUCH Glenn :heart:

:hilarious: For ILAA prices you should be able to rub his feet!

luvthelighthouse
06-19-2009, 10:30 AM
GA, you know, they talked about spending time in Ireland... and there are no shows from the 21-29... so one can only assume they'll be traveling around Ireland at that time. Maybe you'll catch a glimpse!

06-19-2009, 11:04 AM
GA - if I were you, I think I would take this opportunity to "negotiate" my seating arrangements with ILAA. Since they are breaking part of their commitment, you have them in a vulnerable moment. Obviously, there aren't that many ILAA seats up for grabs, so it seems like they could be 'persuaded' to guarantee you center seats in rows 1 - 3. It's certainly worth a shot. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what.

Stars
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
GA, hope you have a fantastic time! I'll be thinking of you-it won't be long til I also see our guys-4th July in Glasgow! Wish I could also travel to Ireland and be there with you. I'll be there in spirit!:thumbsup:

EagleLady
06-19-2009, 11:26 AM
I hope you get Glenntact Lisa ;)

TimothyBFan
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
For what it's worth, I totally agree with Dreamer here. No more than they are refunding you, they should make some amends and give the people that did book ILAA the best seats in the house. You should be on the d*mn stage for that price!

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2009, 05:10 PM
GA - if I were you, I think I would take this opportunity to "negotiate" my seating arrangements with ILAA. Since they are breaking part of their commitment, you have them in a vulnerable moment. Obviously, there aren't that many ILAA seats up for grabs, so it seems like they could be 'persuaded' to guarantee you center seats in rows 1 - 3. It's certainly worth a shot. Good luck, and I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter what.

My problem with the seats is that there aren't any seats on the floor and its standing only. I could probably dose my back up and stand for the 3 hours, but under 16's have to be seated, so I'm in the tiered seating. I really don't know what to expect.

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2009, 05:11 PM
For what it's worth, I totally agree with Dreamer here. No more than they are refunding you, they should make some amends and give the people that did book ILAA the best seats in the house. You should be on the d*mn stage for that price!

I have an idea to exploit their 'vulnerability!'

eaglesvet
06-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Sounds good...pray tell, what is it?

Glennsallnighter
06-20-2009, 07:38 PM
:wink:

Belfast 09
Dublin 11

eaglesvet
06-20-2009, 07:57 PM
So you're not sayin' your idea, huh? Still hatching your plan, GAN?

Troubadour
06-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, I know she's been busy today accepting a large delivery of rope and inhalational anaesthetics... but I'm still none the wiser :shrug:

eaglesvet
06-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Ooh, I could've helped her secure some of the latter...why didn't she just ask? :confused::wink:

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2009, 04:36 PM
So you're not sayin' your idea, huh? Still hatching your plan, GAN?

You might say that EV!

Yep Troub! You know I've been BBF today!

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Belfast 08
Dublin 10

Its getting close.........................

Glennsallnighter
06-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Belfast 05
Dublin 07

Prettymaid
06-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh my gosh, less than a week!

TimothyBFan
06-25-2009, 07:13 AM
GA-are you :puke:yet?

Koala
06-25-2009, 09:51 AM
How exciting only a few days up to the concerts! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
06-25-2009, 08:12 PM
GA-are you :puke:yet?

Oh I am!!

Belfast 04
Dublin 06

Glennsallnighter
06-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Belfast 03
Dublin 05

Peekaboo
06-27-2009, 05:45 AM
Wow 3 more days!!! It's getting closer and closer!! Now i'm really getting anxious to read your reviews and to hopefully see some pics.

Brooke
06-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Yikes, GA! You must be getting excited! :partytime:

06-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Brooke, she has to be because I'm getting excited and I won't even be anywhere close! :shock:

Prettymaid
06-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Me too! :nod:

Troubadour
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm so excited for you, too. 3 days will whiz by! I don't know how you can even concentrate on your marking. It must be so hard! At least you have Glenn (on the radio) to keep you company. And soon, you'll be feasting your eyes on him for real :nod:

GlennLover
06-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm getting sooo excited for you too, GA. Two shows - woohoohoohoo!!!

eaglesvet
06-27-2009, 08:30 PM
These will be our first true Borderer European reviews, am I correct? Should be great!

Koala
06-28-2009, 02:32 AM
I'm so excited for you! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
06-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank you ALL so much! Of course I'm getting so excites its unreal! (69 hours to go :blueblob::blueblob:)! As Troub has put it I'm marking exams at the moment and am going flat out to be able to take a break on Tuesday, Wednesday (I'd say its hard to mark with PGW) and Thursday. Of course I'll let you all know everything and if cameras are ok, I'll take loads of pics and post them up next weekend.

Belfast 02
Dublin 04

Prettymaid
06-29-2009, 07:36 AM
Lisa, I'm so excited for you! Have a great time at both shows and we will anxiously await your reviews! Tell the boys we love them!

Koala
06-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Have a great time!
Only one day until the first of two concerts, how exciting!
This increases my excitement because it means my first Eagles concert comes ever closer!

Jojo
06-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Have a wonderful time.

luvthelighthouse
06-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm getting excited too! I can't wait to hear all about the shows.

eaglesvet
06-29-2009, 10:36 AM
GAN, how far are each of the shows from where you live? And which is the outdoor and which is indoor?

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Once again Ladies, thanks for all your encouragement and best wishes. Its been great fun counting down with y'all!

EV to answer your question:
Belfast is about 100 miles away from me and is an indoor arena. (It'll be 'Life in the Fast Lane' tomorrow!)

I live in Dublin, so the RDS is only about 10 miles away! Thats the outdoor one. We haven't decided how far we'll drive before we abandon for the train.

Belfast 01
Dublin 03

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2009, 07:07 PM

And as its now 30/06/2009

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Its........

BELFAST TODAY

DUBLIN 2

EagleLady
06-29-2009, 07:10 PM
:yay: Wooooohoooo Lisa, You are gonna have a great time! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Yippee! This guy's all geared up, too, and waiting for you.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyStephLondon2008-02.jpg

I can't wait to hear all about it. You are going to have one hell of a night! You & Laura enjoy every second.

Glennsallnighter
06-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Awwww Thanks Lou :hug: :hug: :hug: We will, and we'll let you know all about it!

ticky
06-29-2009, 09:30 PM
YAY Lisa!!!! Have a great time and give Joe all my love!!! *G*

Koala
06-30-2009, 01:14 AM
wow, only a few hours until the concert!
canīt wait to see your pictures and read the reviews!
http://www.smilies-smilies.de/smilies/tanzII_smilies/saenger.gif

Mrs Frey
06-30-2009, 02:14 AM
It's awful that I haven't yet got around to browsing this thread, GA, but I know today is the day the Eagles are in Belfast. :yay: :yay: :yay:

GA, I hope you and Timtot have an absolutely magnificent time. I'm jealous of course :jealous: :wink:, and I wish I was going with you...:sigh:

Oh well, maybe one day I'll have another chance.

Just to think that when you see them tonight you'll know that on Thursday they'll be just a stone's throw away from you and you'll see them again! That must be an amazing feeling.

Blow some kisses to Glenn :heart: on my behalf, will you? :wink:

eaglesvet
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Well, GAN, don't drive toooo fast in the fast lane...you want to get there in one piece so that you can blow kisses to all the boys for us--thanks!

Troubadour
06-30-2009, 02:08 PM
I've just had a message from Lisa. She and Laura are at the arena, just getting to their seats. They are in the tiered seating, 3rd row, Joe's side. She also wanted me to inform you guys that on the ticket it states that they are "allowed to stand up and dance!" :headbang:

25 minutes 'til showtime!

TimothyBFan
06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
\She also wanted me to inform you guys that on the ticket it states that they are "allowed to stand up and dance!" :headbang:

Boy--you guys across the pond get all the luck!!! :laugh:

eaglesvet
06-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing....can you imagine them actually printing that on a Ticketmaster ticket out here? No way, whether it was allowed or not!

Troubadour
06-30-2009, 03:10 PM
It's definitely a step in the right direction. Although the word 'allowed' still tickles me, given that it's a rock concert!

I'm currently getting a live broadcast down the phoneline. Hotel California, Peaceful Easy Feeling, I Can't Tell You Why, and now Witchy Woman... Swoon! Sounding as wonderful as ever :heart:

Prettymaid
06-30-2009, 06:56 PM
The concert must be over by now :sad: Hope Lisa had a great time!

luvthelighthouse
07-01-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm so impatient, I keep checking for her review. It's dinner time the next day there! I need some info! :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
07-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Yo Lisa---HELLO!!! We all wait patiently for you!!!
Hey Lou---Get her on the phone and tell her we've waited long enough and it's not nice leaving us hanging like this!! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
07-01-2009, 12:38 PM
The suspense is killing us! :fainted:

Troubadour
07-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Tell me about it! ;) They drove back from Belfast this afternoon and Lisa is doing some catch-up work (marking, I presume) before she gets the pics uploaded and works on her review. I know she's dying to do it! I just know that she and Laura had a fantastic time, and that the guys all looked great. Apparently the seats were in a kind of awkward place for good photos, so most of them are taken from the screens... but she says she's got a few good ones. Hearing them down the phone made me all emotional. She rang me back so that I could hear the end of Desperado. Sigh! Don's voice sounded incredible.

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Part 1 is up!

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2009, 10:43 AM
We're off in a few minutes to the Dublin gig.......

And its STILL pouring rain!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

luvthelighthouse
07-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I've found that sometimes when I think something is going to be icky and uncompfortable, I end up having the BEST time! I'm sure the rain isn't going to stop you from lovin' every minute of the show. :partytime:

Prettymaid
07-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I think GA's actually excited about the prospect of a Christchurch-like concert! :thumbsup:

07-02-2009, 11:35 AM
All I gotta say is that if GA gets a performance like Christchurch, she will probably be very thankful for the lousy weather. :wink: :nod: In any event, hopefully, a little thing like rain won't spoil her fun.

Troubadour
07-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Ah, the mere thought of Christchurch... :smitten: Although Lisa did let me know a while ago that they'd just arrived at the arena and it had stopped raining. While I was writing this, I got a text from her... Row K! She seems happy! Can't wait to hear about their outfits, presuming they go casual.

TimothyBFan
07-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I think GA's actually excited about the prospect of a Christchurch-like concert! :thumbsup:

AMEN MY SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If it turns out like Christchurch---she better have a camera crew with her also because I want to see it all!!!! Have I ever said here how much I LOVE Christchurch and how WONDERFUL I thought Timmy looked there? Hmm! Don't know if I ever told you guys that before or not.

Oh I guess I have said so before.... Post #86.
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=928&highlight=christchurch&page=9

luvthelighthouse
07-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Ok, I had never seen the video of Christchuch... so I took to youtube (I love that place!) after reading TBF's link. OMG, I know what you are all talking about now. (fan's self) Oh, so hot!\

I'm curious how their instruments weren't ruined though... and didn't the amps get wet? How come they didn't short out?:shrug:

Brooke
07-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Ok, well, TBF, I guess you have mentioned it a time or two! :lol:

Btw, have I mentioned how hot, sexy, and gorgeous a certain Mr. Frey looks in Christchurch and how cute he is with his jokes and his damp gorgeous hair and...:heart:.....hmmmmm, don't know if I've ever told you guys that before or not:)

Troubadour
07-02-2009, 03:30 PM
And I don't think I've commented on how sexy Don is with his jacket and his plaid and his scarf and his stubble and his deliciously rough voice, not to mention the little grimaces he pulls after particular lines or how cute his hair looks all short and mussed..........

Right, where was I? :headscratch: Ah yes. Lisa! Last time I heard, it was about twenty minutes before the show and she was sat in Row K with her family, stomach fluttering. She was very excited. Apparently it had turned into a beautiful evening, so I'm afraid our Christchurch talk was futile. But it sure was fun while it lasted! She probably won't be able to call or text much during the show as hubby is present, but I'm sure she'll get on ASAP with reviews & pictures.

Oh, and LTL, I have no idea! But I love the bit where Don says something along the lines of "Water, I don't mind. But water and electricity... that's a whole different matter." :heart:

GlennLover
07-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Ah Christchurch!!! My favourite too. I must watch it again (and again and again and....). Oh no! Hubby just disconnected the TVs. :-x He keeps switching the one upstairs with the one downstairs (men :brickwall:). Don't ask me why. I guess now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it :depressed:, if I can.