PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney

Mrs Frey
06-18-2009, 07:04 AM
It's Paul McCartney's 67th birthday today, and I would like to celebrate it with a photo, screen captures I made and a YouTube link.

I have been a huge fan of Paul McCartney as a solo artist and with The Beatles since 1989, when I was 12 years old. My mother introduced me to The Beatles when she hauled out her original Beatles 7 inch singles of "Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That" (1964) and "Oh! Darling/Ob-la-di Ob-la-da" (1969). I proceeded to play both endlessly, and in 1991 I became obsessive about The Beatles, when I started collecting everything of their's I could lay my hands on, and what my parents could afford to buy for me.

I was already an obsessive Elvis Presley fan by then, who is my first love, and up until I discovered the Eagles (and more specifically, Glenn Frey), The Beatles were the only individuals who could rival my affections for Elvis.

To celebrate Paul's birthday, I will start with a photo taken by Astrid Kirchher, the German artist/photographer who became renowned for the wonderful photos she took of The Beatles when they were resident at Hamburg clubs during 1960 and 1961. This is prior to their enormous fame, and when they were all sporting Elvis hairstyles:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/emu3AsubjectImage.jpg

Sigh... :heart: :smitten: :inlove:

The following are screen captures I made from The Beatles' three appearances on The Ed Sullivan Show in February 1964:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/PDVD_563.jpg

Isn't he adorable? I love Paul's enthusiasm and passion he displayed for his music whenever he performed. That shy little grin is as a result of the screams he got from the largely female audience whenever the camera was focused on him.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/PDVD_814.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/PDVD_558.jpg

Here is Paul with George Harrison.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/PDVD_609.jpg

I love this moment. The boys had just begun to perform the beautiful ballad, written largely by John Lennon, called "This Boy", in perfect three-part harmony. Some studio outtakes reveal how John often sang "That boy" instead of "This boy" during rehearsal, and he did it on stage during their performance at the special Miami, Florida broadcast of The Ed Sullivan Show. That resulted in the amused look shared between Paul and John that we see here.

The next screen capture is from The Beatles' performance at The Coliseum in Washington, February 1964. This is Paul and his beloved partner John singing "I Saw Her Standing There":

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/PDVD_831.jpg

This last screen capture is from a 1963 broadcast of the British music show, "Ready Steady Go", which featured Dusty Springfield interviewing Paul and John in between performances of "Twist And Shout", "She Loves You" and "I'll Get You". Dusty asked them questions sent in by fans. I wonder what Paul was thinking after a fan wanted to know if he plucked his eyebrows! :hilarious:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/vlcsnap-49771.png

To end my tribute to Paul, I'd like to close by including a YouTube link of The Beatles performing "Long Tall Sally" at The Coliseum in Washington, February 1964. I consider this one of The Beatles' greatest, tightest and most exhilarating performances ever. For me, it's Paul's greatest rock vocal performance, even better than the studio version. Watch the enthusiasm and enjoyment among The Beatles: John's whooping as his partner pushes harder and harder towards a fantastically exciting ending to the song; George's perfect guitar solo (and he doesn't look once at his fretboard); Ringo's phenomenal drumming... it leaves me breathless everytime I watch it. I hope you all enjoy it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=612806fJb_Q

I LOVE YOU, PAUL!!!

TimothyBFan
06-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Your tribute is fantastic MF!!! :thumbsup: Your fandom has really shown thru on this one! Thanks!!

Prettymaid
06-18-2009, 08:00 AM
Thank you for starting this thread Mrs Frey. As big of a fan as I am, I do not pay attention to birthdays and did not know Paul's was today.

I have a brother who is three years older than I am who I idolized as a child. He was the first Beatles fan in our house and proceeded to beg for or buy every Beatles album as they came out. In 1964 I was six years old and still remember sitting in the floor in front of the TV watching The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show, with my little head bopping back and forth. I have many happy childhood memories of listening to The Beatles on the stereo.

In 2002 I had the priviledge of seeing Paul live during his Back In The U.S. tour. I have to admit that it is the best concert experience I have ever had. I couldn't believe I was seeing this legend live. The only thing missing for me was that my brother was not there to enjoy it with me.

In 2005 my greatest wish was fulfilled when I took my brother for his 50th birthday to see Paul in concert. What a great feeling to experience the music togerther that we had grown up with.

I want to honor the birthday boy with some vids too! Here he is finally playing Back In the U.S.S.R. in Red Square, Moscow. What a feeling that must have been for him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq1KbYUp8Ac

Stars
06-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Mrs. Frey, Thanks so much for posting all those wonderful pics of Paul, and the rest of the Beatles too.
I was a huge Paul fan in 1964,and those pics brought back such wonderful memories! I was remembering that the Beatles arrived in the US on my 12th birthday, Feb.7, 1964. I was remembering all those bubble gum Beatles cards I used to collect and trade with friends, and I still have some of them today!
I can hardly believe that Paul is 67 years old today.
Happy Birthday, Paul, and many many more!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Paul and Linda were together for many years until she lost her battle with cancer. I've always loved the song Maybe I'm Amazed, one of his love songs to her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm2YyVZBL8U

Prettymaid
06-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Nothing more needs to be said about this great anthem. Just enjoy.

Happy Birthday Paul. Thank you for your music throughout the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9TKurtKL7k

EagleLady
06-18-2009, 10:26 AM
:partytime: Happy Birthday Paul. What gorgeous pictures Mrs. F :inlove:

EagleLady
06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1z4G-YhGQI

All I can say is, :sigh: :heart:

EagleLady
06-18-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7D65IomNYY

Brooke
06-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Wow, 67! Happy Birthday Paul! :birthday:

Thanks for the tribute, Mrs F! Loved the pics and videos.

Freypower
06-18-2009, 07:15 PM
The man is a genius and has given pleasure to millions for four decades. I was lucky enough to see him at Parramatta Stadium outside Sydney in 1982. It's hard to measure the effect his music has had on me over the years.

I have never really tried to do a Top 10 of his solo/Wings songs because most of them would be from Band On The Run (which was my favourite album for years). A representative selection would perhaps include:

1. Band On The Run (this goes without saying - one of my top 10 favourites by anybody)
2. Jet
3. Live And Let Die
4. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
5. Mull Of Kintyre (I don't care what the British critics say about this song)
6. Let Me Roll It
7.Mrs Vandebilt
8. Venus & Mars/Rock Show
9. C Moon
10. Tug Of War

This is probably too dependent on the early stuff.

Mrs Frey
06-19-2009, 02:12 AM
Your tribute is fantastic MF!!! :thumbsup: Your fandom has really shown thru on this one! Thanks!!

Awww, thank you so much, TBF! When it comes to my favourite artists, the love just oozes from me. I can't really explain it, but I know you'll understand. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Mrs Frey
06-19-2009, 02:17 AM
Thank you for starting this thread Mrs Frey. As big of a fan as I am, I do not pay attention to birthdays and did not know Paul's was today.

I have a brother who is three years older than I am who I idolized as a child. He was the first Beatles fan in our house and proceeded to beg for or buy every Beatles album as they came out. In 1964 I was six years old and still remember sitting in the floor in front of the TV watching The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show, with my little head bopping back and forth. I have many happy childhood memories of listening to The Beatles on the stereo.

In 2002 I had the priviledge of seeing Paul live during his Back In The U.S. tour. I have to admit that it is the best concert experience I have ever had. I couldn't believe I was seeing this legend live. The only thing missing for me was that my brother was not there to enjoy it with me.

In 2005 my greatest wish was fulfilled when I took my brother for his 50th birthday to see Paul in concert. What a great feeling to experience the music togerther that we had grown up with.

I want to honor the birthday boy with some vids too! Here he is finally playing Back In the U.S.S.R. in Red Square, Moscow. What a feeling that must have been for him!

Wow, Prettymaid, thanks so much for your contribution to this tribute. I haven't had a chance to watch the videos you posted yet, but I love every song you chose. "Back In The U.S.S.R." and "Let It Be" are part of my personal band repertoire, and "Maybe I'm Amazed", "My Love" and "Band On The Run" are among my favourite McCartney solo songs. "My Love" is probably the big favourite. It's just a fantastically beautiful ballad to his wife, Linda.

I really enjoyed reading about how your fandom started, and your concert experience with your brother. I'm so jealous that you got to see Paul in concert twice! Seeing Paul live has been my biggest dream for so many years, and sadly, I don't think I'll ever get to realise that dream.

Mrs Frey
06-19-2009, 02:20 AM
Mrs. Frey, Thanks so much for posting all those wonderful pics of Paul, and the rest of the Beatles too.
I was a huge Paul fan in 1964,and those pics brought back such wonderful memories! I was remembering that the Beatles arrived in the US on my 12th birthday, Feb.7, 1964. I was remembering all those bubble gum Beatles cards I used to collect and trade with friends, and I still have some of them today!
I can hardly believe that Paul is 67 years old today.
Happy Birthday, Paul, and many many more!:thumbsup:

It's an absolute pleasure, Stars! I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's funny - I was going through the "Singing For The Sake..." forum, trying to establish if someone had started a thread for Paul, when I came across the Beatles thread. I saw you had posted about their debut Ed Sullivan Show appearance on your birthday, and I thought about how amazing that was. How I wish I could have been around those days!

Mrs Frey
06-19-2009, 02:22 AM
:partytime: Happy Birthday Paul. What gorgeous pictures Mrs. F :inlove:

I'm glad you enjoyed my screen captures, Eaglelady. I have more coming a little later on today... I have officially declared it Paul McCartney week! :wink:

Oh - I've just noticed that I credited the YouTube videos of "My Love" and "Band On The Run" to Prettymaid and not you... :blush: sorry, my dear. Thank you for posting those!

Mrs Frey
06-19-2009, 02:24 AM
Wow, 67! Happy Birthday Paul! :birthday:

Thanks for the tribute, Mrs F! Loved the pics and videos.

It's a great pleasure, Brooke! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Mrs Frey
06-19-2009, 02:34 AM
The man is a genius and has given pleasure to millions for four decades. I was lucky enough to see him at Parramatta Stadium outside Sydney in 1982. It's hard to measure the effect his music has had on me over the years.

I have never really tried to do a Top 10 of his solo/Wings songs because most of them would be from Band On The Run (which was my favourite album for years). A representative selection would perhaps include:

1. Band On The Run (this goes without saying - one of my top 10 favourites by anybody)
2. Jet
3. Live And Let Die
4. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
5. Mull Of Kintyre (I don't care what the British critics say about this song)
6. Let Me Roll It
7.Mrs Vandebilt
8. Venus & Mars/Rock Show
9. C Moon
10. Tug Of War

This is probably too dependent on the early stuff.

Ah, FP, I actually couldn't wait to see your contribution to this thread. I knew you would enjoy it.

I agree with you a million fold about Paul's genius. His lyrics, his melodies, his acoustic guitar abilities, his lead guitar playing, his bass playing, his piano playing, his drum playing, his VOICE... is there anything this man CANNOT do? He composes ORATORIOS, for goodness' sake! I'd never even heard of oratorios until he composed "The Liverpool Oratorio"!

And then there's his gorgeous looks that have remained after all these years, along with his wonderful sense of humour and beautiful personality.

I wouldn't attempt a top 10 of any of my favourites, as it's just too tough to choose, but I'd still rate "My Love" as my favourite ballad of Paul's. "Mrs Vanderbilt" has one of the most exciting basslines I've ever heard in a pop song, and I agree with you about "Mull Of Kintyre" - it didn't become the biggest selling single of all time in Britain in 1977 for nothing. As far as I can remember, it outsold the previous best in Britain, The Beatles' "She Loves You".

It's fantastic that you were able to see Paul in concert. How close to the stage did you sit?

Mrs Frey
06-19-2009, 06:48 AM
Ladies and gent... - uh, ladies, I present to you: the Paul McCartney pout:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/PDVD_917.jpg

Circa 1963, being interviewed in his dressing room.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/mrsfrey_photos/PDVD_919.jpg

Around 1992/93/94, being interviewed for the Beatles Anthology series.

:smitten: :inlove: :kiss:

Some things thankfully never change. Sigh...

Prettymaid
06-19-2009, 07:37 AM
I wouldn't attempt a top 10 of any of my favourites, as it's just too tough to choose

Mrs F, you took the words right out of my mouth! I can do top ten lists for artists I like, but I've never been able to do it for my favorites. It's too tough!

EagleLady
06-19-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed my screen captures, Eaglelady. I have more coming a little later on today... I have officially declared it Paul McCartney week! :wink:

Oh - I've just noticed that I credited the YouTube videos of "My Love" and "Band On The Run" to Prettymaid and not you... :blush: sorry, my dear. Thank you for posting those!

Sounds like a great plan Mrs. F :thumbsup: and no problem about the videos ;) That man gets more beautiful every year :inlove:

EagleLady
06-19-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFhKmMWG3WE

Mull of Kintyre is a really beautiful song

Ive always been a dreamer
06-19-2009, 12:22 PM
MF - thank you for your beautiful tribute to Sir Paul. He has always been my favorite Beatle as well. However, just like the Eagles, I believe that every member of The Beatles was/is an extraordinarily talented human being.

I wish him many more years of success and happiness. Keep on rockin' Paul!!!

Brooke
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Love that Paul McCartney pout! How cute is he there?!

I got this in a radio station email celebrating Paul's birthday:

"McCartney is the most successful songwriter in history, having written or co-written 30 U.S. Number One hits."

Wow! A true icon! :cool:

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
What a fine tribute to Paul's birthday you have put up MF, PM and EL. He was certainly a veru good looking man in his day and still is for his age. The B&W pics are so classic.

Happy Birthday Paul

Freypower
06-20-2009, 07:08 PM
MF, to answer your question (I didn't quote your post because the board is very slow today):

I saw the Off The Ground/New World tour in 1992 (not 1982 as I said in my post). It was the only solo tour he's done down here. I was on the stadium floor in the front row of the second section about halfway back so I had a great view. The highlight was probably the fireworks during Live & Let Die and of course the Beatles songs. I guess I can say that I got to see the late lamented Lady Linda.

I must say as a general observation however that the quality of some of his solo work isn't perhaps as great as it should be. There are a lot of 'filler' tracks on those albums. Some of them which I had on record I didn't bother buying on CD - albums like McCartney II (even though that contains Waterfalls), Pipes Of Peace & Press To Play. The only recent album I have is Flaming Pie, most of which I think is pretty good.

If you want to hear something different though, check out the Unplugged and CHOBA B CCCP albums. I am sure that Mrs Frey would appreciate the version of That's All Right Mama on the Russian album - and there is a fantastic version of Ain't No Sunshine on Unplugged.

eaglesvet
06-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Paul is set to be the first concert opener this summer at CitiField, the new home of the NY Mets. Billy Joel was the last concert closer last summer at Shea Stadium, along with some special guests (John Mayer is the only one that comes to mind immediately)---they called it "The Last Play at Shea", which I thought was clever. I'm not sure yet how they are billing Paul's shows there.

My hubby and I saw Paul in Madison Square Garden back in Dec. 1989 on our 3rd date...it was a GREAT show! I guess it was the Flowers in the Dirt album tour, which we then both got each other as part of our Christmas gifts.

eaglesvet
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I just heard that Paul sold out not one but three concerts at the Mets CitiField this July!

Mrs Frey
06-22-2009, 07:23 AM
MF - thank you for your beautiful tribute to Sir Paul. He has always been my favorite Beatle as well. However, just like the Eagles, I believe that every member of The Beatles was/is an extraordinarily talented human being.

I wish him many more years of success and happiness. Keep on rockin' Paul!!!

Oh, it's an absolute pleasure, Dreamer. Thank you for your kind words. I must admit, though, that even though it appears through my tribute that Paul is my favourite Beatle, my favourite is actually John Lennon. :blush: The thing is that my love for The Beatles is such that I'm crazy about all the members of the band, and I get emotional about all of them. I've always just had that little bit of extra love in my heart for John. I plan to start a thread for him soon.

Mrs Frey
06-22-2009, 07:26 AM
Love that Paul McCartney pout! How cute is he there?!

I got this in a radio station email celebrating Paul's birthday:

"McCartney is the most successful songwriter in history, having written or co-written 30 U.S. Number One hits."

Wow! A true icon! :cool:

Cute indeed, Brooke! I just want to hug him. :hug: And kiss him too, if I must be honest! :blush: Sorry, Glenn :heart:! :wink:

Paul's achievement, as quoted by you, is certainly remarkable. Thanks for posting that.

Mrs Frey
06-22-2009, 07:27 AM
What a fine tribute to Paul's birthday you have put up MF, PM and EL. He was certainly a veru good looking man in his day and still is for his age. The B&W pics are so classic.

Happy Birthday Paul

Thanks for the compliment, GA! And yes, Paul was and is absolutely gorgeous. Isn't it amazing when these unbelievably talented men come in such beautiful packages? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
06-22-2009, 07:38 AM
Oh yes MF! They remind me of cheese..........always yummy, but mature gracefully with age!

Mrs Frey
06-22-2009, 07:43 AM
MF, to answer your question (I didn't quote your post because the board is very slow today):

I saw the Off The Ground/New World tour in 1992 (not 1982 as I said in my post). It was the only solo tour he's done down here. I was on the stadium floor in the front row of the second section about halfway back so I had a great view. The highlight was probably the fireworks during Live & Let Die and of course the Beatles songs. I guess I can say that I got to see the late lamented Lady Linda.

I must say as a general observation however that the quality of some of his solo work isn't perhaps as great as it should be. There are a lot of 'filler' tracks on those albums. Some of them which I had on record I didn't bother buying on CD - albums like McCartney II (even though that contains Waterfalls), Pipes Of Peace & Press To Play. The only recent album I have is Flaming Pie, most of which I think is pretty good.

If you want to hear something different though, check out the Unplugged and CHOBA B CCCP albums. I am sure that Mrs Frey would appreciate the version of That's All Right Mama on the Russian album - and there is a fantastic version of Ain't No Sunshine on Unplugged.

Wow, FP, thanks for posting this. How fantastic it must have been to see Paul from that close to the stage. And it's great that you got to see Linda too. I felt very sad when she passed away.

I must admit, I don't have anywhere near to all of Paul's solo albums. I have the compilation "All The Best", "Flowers In The Dirt" (most of which I'm not crazy about, but I love "My Brave Face", "This One" and "Put It There"), "Off The Ground" (I'm nuts about the title track and "Hope Of Deliverance", the latter which became the Song of the Year on one of our local radio stations at the end of 1992), "Unplugged", "Flaming Pie" (which I proceeded to play endlessly - "Young Boy" was the only song from the album played on any of our local radio stations, but the whole album is brilliant, in my opinion) and "Run Devil Run" (where Paul covers several rock 'n roll classics). I've never seen Paul's entire solo collection in any of our record stores - I'd have to import them if I want them (as I had to do with Glenn Frey's solo material).

Strangely enough, I'd often wanted to purchase the "Russian album", and even saw it available on a few occasions, but never got around to buying it. I heard two of the recordings from the album played on radio as far back as 1991 (which I proceeded to tape :blush:), but one of them was not "That's All Right", unfortunately. I'd love to hear it. It just so happens that I have heard Paul sing this song, though: he performs it (and I know you know this, FP :wink:) with The Beatles on the "Live At The BBC" collection, which I absolutely love. It's one of my favourite Elvis songs too - I even selected the song to record myself 10 years ago when I made my demo CD.

Mrs Frey
06-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Paul is set to be the first concert opener this summer at CitiField, the new home of the NY Mets. Billy Joel was the last concert closer last summer at Shea Stadium, along with some special guests (John Mayer is the only one that comes to mind immediately)---they called it "The Last Play at Shea", which I thought was clever. I'm not sure yet how they are billing Paul's shows there.

My hubby and I saw Paul in Madison Square Garden back in Dec. 1989 on our 3rd date...it was a GREAT show! I guess it was the Flowers in the Dirt album tour, which we then both got each other as part of our Christmas gifts.

Thanks for posting this, Eaglesvet. I read an article in our local newspaper regarding this concert, and have since proceeded to forget about it. :blush: I suppose I tend to put things out of my mind that hurt... i.e. that I won't be able to see him!

I take it the whole idea for Paul to open the replacement stadium for Shea is because The Beatles held the first ever rock concert there in 1965, to the largest concert audience ever played to (around 55,000 people attended, I believe, although one couldn't hear much amidst the screaming). What I didn't like about the Shea stadium concert is that the boys were so far away from their audience. These four little guys in the middle of the field of this gigantic stadium performing to their fans out at the sides. It could not have been (and was not) a particularly enjoyable concert for them.

What a fantastic third date you had with your hubby! It's like a fairytale.

Freypower
06-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Everyone check this out. If you are like me you will be moved to tears.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8643_Paul_McCartney_Joins_Neil_Young _in_London

Mrs Frey
06-29-2009, 07:06 AM
WOW, what a treat for the Neil Young fans!

That is the first time I've seen Paul performing on stage without an instrument. And my goodness, what good shape he is in! :smitten: :bow:

That's a great on-stage rendition of "A Day In The Life". Not even The Beatles got a chance to perform it live.

How I wish John Lennon was still around... :sad:

It's funny - when I went to London in March last year to see the Eagles, I had this fantasy about seeing Paul in the audience... :sigh:

Prettymaid
06-29-2009, 07:18 AM
FP, thanks so much for posting that link. It was very fun to watch and I agree with Mrs F - Paul looks very good there! Loved it! Neil didn't have very much guitar left by the end! Amazing!

Peekaboo
07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
It was announced 2 days ago that Paul McCartney is going to be playing the one year anniversary show at the BOK Center in Tulsa, OK on Aug. 17th. My friend Christie has got the hook up and is going to get us the tickets. She even said a friend of hers may rent out a limo. Pretty cool!!!! At all of the Eagles concerts that I've been too, i've seen lines of limos outside the venues and always wanted to be in one of those and now I may finally get that chance. I'll keep you all updated and let you know how it goes.

Somebody put the press conference on youtube. There's even a few mentions of the Eagles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7WvUiZUx8Y

Prettymaid
07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Jess, I'm excited! Paul puts on a great show!

GlennLover
07-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Paul is performing tonight in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I saw a news report about the preparations and anticipation for the concert. The reporter said that he sounded fantastic during the soundcheck. It is an outdoor venue & they are expecting 60,000 people. I wonder if GlennHoney was going, as she lives in Nova Scotia?

Prettymaid
07-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Saw an ad last night - Paul will be on Letterman on Wednesday night for the first time ever!

eaglesvet
11-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I just learned that Paul is releasing a new double CD/DVD on Nov. 17 (in the US), entitled Good Evening, New York City. It's from the opening 3-night show at NY's Citi Field earlier this year, and features 33 songs, including Beatles, Wings, and solo tunes; as well as a 15-pg digital booklet. Sounds great!

Prettymaid
11-14-2009, 03:40 PM
You know I'll be all over that, EV! :yay:

rickmullen
11-15-2009, 12:12 AM
It's been on my Christmas Wish List for some time now.

I better get it.

Rick

Prettymaid
11-16-2009, 09:26 AM
It's out now! Saw it in Best Buy for $24.99. Putting it on my Christmas list!

eaglesvet
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
Pretty decent price, considering all the songs!

Freypower
05-25-2010, 12:13 AM
President Obama is to honour Sir Paul with the Gershwin Prize!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/7760779/Sir-Paul-McCartney-to-be-honoured-by-Barack-Obama-at-White-House.html

Would I like to be at that event?!!:thud::jealous:

Prettymaid
05-27-2010, 05:50 PM
I've seen him twice. He puts on a great show.

TimothyBFan
06-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Just saw this on my homepage.

http://www.comcast.net/music/blindedbythehype/13637/paulmccartneyattackedinmexico/

Paul McCartney was reportedly "shaken up" by an incident that happened after a concert in Mexico City. Police had to rescue the former Beatle after a mob swarmed his tour bus.

Check out 65 rare images of the Beatles (http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/music-fabfourfotos/).

Take the Beatle Mania quiz (http://www.comcast.net/triviagames/music/muBeatlesMania/).

EagleLady
06-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Poor Paul, but he's got to at least be used to this by now. Nonetheless glad he's alright albeit a bit shaken up

Prettymaid
06-01-2010, 05:59 PM
McCartney's management is said to be re-evaluating his security detail.

Ya think? :eyebrow:

06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Wow - this is frightening, especially on the heels of the death threat incident that Joe is dealing with. Sometimes I wonder if we take take these guys' safety for granted. Hopefully, even though we might, they don't. Obviously, I'm glad Sir Paul is okay.

rickmullen
06-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Setlist for first Mexico City show:

Mexico City - Foro Sol - Thursday 27th May 2010

1. Venus and Mars / Rockshow
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Got To Get You Into My Life
6. Highway
7. Let Me Roll It
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
10. Let ‘Em In
11. My Love
12. I'm Looking Through You
13. Two Of Us
14. Blackbird
15. Here Today
16. Dance Tonight
17. Mrs Vandebilt
18. Eleanor Rigby
19. Something
20. Sing The Changes
21. Band On The Run
22. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
23. Back In The USSR
24. I’ve Got A Feeling
25. Paperback Writer
26. A Day In The Life / Give Peace A Chance
27. Let It Be
28. Live And Let Die
29. Hey Jude

Encore
30. Day Tripper
31. Lady Madonna
32. Get Back

Second Encore
33. Yesterday
34. Helter Skelter
35. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band / The End

rickmullen
06-02-2010, 11:52 AM
The Setlist for second Mexico City show:

Mexico City - Foro Sol - Friday 28th May 2010

1. Venus and Mars / Rockshow
2. Jet
3. All My Loving
4. Letting Go
5. Drive My Car
6. Highway
7. Let Me Roll It
8. The Long And Winding Road
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five
10. Let ‘Em In
11. My Love
12. I've Just Seen A Face
13. And I Love Her
14. Blackbird
15. Here Today
16. Dance Tonight
17. Mrs Vandebilt
18. Eleanor Rigby
19. Something
20. Sing The Changes
21. Band On The Run
22. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
23. Back In The USSR
24. I’ve Got A Feeling
25. Paperback Writer
26. A Day In The Life / Give Peace A Chance
27. Let It Be
28. Live And Let Die
29. Hey Jude

Encore
30. Day Tripper
31. Lady Madonna
32. Get Back

Second Encore
33. Yesterday
34. Helter Skelter
35. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band / The End

Freypower
06-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Man. What a great show. Sir Paul, it's time you came back here! I notice he did Something!!! And Mrs Vandebilt..... sigh. And Nineteen Eighty-Five. And I'VE GOT A FEELING...... :jealous::grooving:

By the way, the 'Good Evening New York City' album is really, really good. The version of Let Me Roll It is stunning.

I hope he has a happy birthday on the 18th.

Prettymaid
06-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Man. What a great show. Sir Paul, it's time you came back here! I notice he did Something!!! And Mrs Vandebilt..... sigh. And Nineteen Eighty-Five. And I'VE GOT A FEELING...... :jealous::grooving:

By the way, the 'Good Evening New York City' album is really, really good. The version of Let Me Roll It is stunning.

I hope he has a happy birthday on the 18th.

He did Something both times I saw him (02 and 05.) He does it on the ukelele with no other instruments. He tells the story of how George loved the ukelele, and whenever you went to his house they would eventually come out. I don't know Mrs. Vandebilt or Nineteen Eighty-five. I'd love to hear what he's done with A Day In The Life/Give Peace A Chance.

Freypower
06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Mrs Vandebilt and Nineteen Eighty-Five come from Macca's greatest solo album (although technically it's Wings) Band On The Run.

Freypower
06-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Here's a photo of the ceremony:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/03/2917108.htm

Freypower
06-02-2010, 10:20 PM
And video (though not with President Obama):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/7795802/Sir-Paul-McCartney-awarded-top-US-music-prize.html

EagleLady
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx301/beatlestone72/The%20Beatles/Paul%20McCartney/paulmilk333.jpg

Such a good boy drinking his milk :nahnah:

sodascouts
06-15-2011, 03:04 PM
This might be old news - forgive me if it is - but Paul McCartney has released some more tour dates:

http://www.paulmccartney.com/concerts.php#/2207/all

PM - he's doing Chicago!

Freypower
06-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Happy birthday Sir Paul (which is today my time, June 18 ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD3ovfZXO5Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQqfgUXTZB4

WalshFan88
06-18-2011, 01:51 AM
I've always wanted to see a McCartney show but I don't think I can make the Chicago date. :( So many concerts, so little time & money LOL.

06-19-2011, 11:05 AM
A very belated birthday wish for my favorite Beatle.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR PAUL!!!

I wish you many more years of success and happiness. Keep on rockin'!!! :rockguitar:

Prettymaid
06-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Happy belated birthday to Paul!

I don't think we're going to make the Chicago show. I've seen him twice - twice more than I ever thought I would. He puts on a great show. His love for his music and his fans shines through.

EagleLady
10-09-2011, 10:09 PM
I read on twitter that Paul got Married for the third time today. I hope he got a prenup this time :eyebrow:

sodascouts
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM
No way! Well, hopefully he learned from the last debacle of a marriage!

EagleLady
10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
http://www.spinner.com/2011/10/09/paul-mccartney-marries-nancy-shevell/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed28Spinner.com%29

sodascouts
10-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Well, good luck to them!

(Nice avatar EL!)

EagleLady
10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks! :thumbsup:

Freypower
10-09-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/oct/09/paul-mccartney-wedding

Congratulations to them & I hope they are happy.

WalshFan88
10-10-2011, 02:04 AM
Congrats to them!

Topkat
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Congratulations to Paul & his new wife Nancy. Paul deserves to to be happy and Nancy seems to be the kind of woman for him. His family adore her. Also reported at the wedding were Ringo & his wife Barbara, Olivia Harrison, Barbara Walters ( who is Nancy's cousin & introduced the couple) & Ron Wood.:partytime:

Brooke
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Great! I hope they will be happy. :smile:

I heard they didn't have to worry too much about a pre-nup because she is as rich as he is or more so. I guess they could be called a "billionaire couple"!

Annabel
10-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I heard that reported too.

Prettymaid
10-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Good for Paul. He has always done a good job with his public image. He seems to really be a nice guy. I hope this works out and that they have years of happiness.

Topkat
10-11-2011, 12:01 AM
On the news today they said that Nancy offered to sign a pre-nup, & Paul didn't want one.

10-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Well - I wish them both much happiness. Hopefully, Paul has found the lady that he will spend the rest of his life with - he deserves it.

Freypower
02-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Here's Neil Young inducting Sir Paul into the Walk Of Fame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmPd2Ldik1I

Topkat
02-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for posting that FP. He looks wonderful & if anyone deserves this it's Paul!!!:rockguitar:

AzEaglesFan
02-11-2012, 02:16 AM
In one video when Paul introduces his son James. James is standing beside Joe Walsh and Marjorie is a little to Joe's left. Paul said Ringo wasn't there because he was a "little under the weather".

Topkat
02-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Paul & his wife Nancy stopped by the Memorial for Whitney Houston to place some flowers. When reporters saw them & wanted to talk, he just said, This is about Whitney, not me". He shook a few hands, waved & then they jumped into his blue Corvette & took off. He's just so thoughtful & sweet.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-visits-whitney-houston-memorial/

Topkat
04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
Paul McCartney shocks tv audience & Alec Baldwin with a surprise appearance on 30 Rock

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-30-rock/

Topkat
06-18-2012, 09:39 AM
To honor Sir Paul's 70th Birthday. Here's this memorable performance at the Grammy's with our friend Joe Walsh, Bruce Springsteen, & Dave Ghrol. ROCK ON DUDES!!!

http://youtu.be/osAA8q86COY

GlennLover
06-18-2012, 11:24 PM
HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY, SIR PAUL!!!

06-19-2012, 12:39 AM
I didn't get around to posting in this thread before midnight, but I also wanted to wish Sir Paul a

HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY!!!

To my favorite immensely talented Beatle - keep on :rockguitar: and :cheers: to many more.

WalshFan88
06-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Happy belated Birthday to Paul. My 2nd favorite Beatle (I'm partial to George but that's just the guitar player in me. :D).

Prettymaid
06-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Watched part of a Paul McCartney concert last night on Palladia from 2007 and realized it was the same set list from when I (last) saw him in Milwaukee in 2005. Back then he started the show with Magical Mystery tour. Although it was a good show, I have always considered it the B - side of my 2002 concert experience - the one where he starts the show with Hello Goodbye.

Happy 70th Birthday Paul!

cheryl
06-16-2013, 05:18 PM
On July 16 I am going to see Paul at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Meeting friends and former co-workers. We three saw him 20 years ago in Cincinnati. If anyone wants front row seats , Stub Hub has 2 floor seats on row 1 for $2,362.00 each. I will keep my 11th row side seat that was $250.

Prettymaid
06-16-2013, 05:20 PM
On July 16 I am going to see Paul at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Meeting friends and former co-workers. We three saw him 20 years ago in Cincinnati. If anyone wants front row seats , Stub Hub has 2 floor seats on row 1 for $2,362.00 each. I will keep my 11th row side seat that was $250.

Ha! I was about ready to bite!

Troubadour
06-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Wow! That is crazy.

Topkat
06-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Here's a review of Paul's show in NYC
He did a 3 hour set. Not bad for a guy turning 71 next week.
Check out the set list on P 2 of the article...
Sitting up front were Jerry Seinfeld, Martin Scorsase, & Jimmy Fallon.....
I guess the seats were pretty pricey!

http://www.vh1.com/music/tuner/2013-06-11/concert-review-paul-mccartney-barclays-center/

EagleLady
06-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Happy Birthday to the Man, Sir Paul!! :birthday:

NYC Fan
06-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Happy 71st birthday, Sir Paul!

TK, thanks for the article to the review of the 1st Brooklyn show. I was lucky enough to go to both shows and they were both incredible. That article describes the evening quite well. Although I would say that I thought Lovely Rita was a lot of fun and well done.

I absolutely loved all the sing-along songs, like All Together Now and Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. It just made you feel young and silly to sing those again . The Long and Winding Road, Let it Be and Hey Jude still take my breath away after all these years. I know I'm repeating myself, but I can never really believe I'm seeing a Beatle. They were such an important and influential part of my childhood. To see him singing those songs live is just a beautiful thing. He did a lovely tribute to John with Here Today and talked about telling the people you love that you love them while you still can. Tears.

The crowd was a wonderful mix of young and old. The people in front of us were a couple in their late 40's with their teenage sons who knew every word and were having the time of their lives. They went crazy when the fireworks went off during Live and Let Die. I've seen Paul maybe 8-9 times over the years and that NEVER gets old :-)

There were a few song changes the second night, mostly older Beatles tunes, so that was a lot of fun. I LOVE "I Saw Her Standing There", so it was glad to get to hear that. Jimmy Fallon was there on the second night. After Paul played Yesterday, he sang the first verse of "Scrambled Eggs". Then he went on with the show. It was hilarious and I bet Jimmy was beside himself.

If you are able to get a chance to see him on this tour, I would completely recommend it. We did the $100 tickets and were in the 2nd row of the second level on the side of the stage. Not the best seats, but I was just happy to be there. Paul is still such and amazing performer and he still sounds and looks great. His voice cracks from time to time, but it's actually kind of charming. We had a wonderful time, bringing back fun childhood memories and making new ones that are just as special.

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 12:34 PM
First of all, Happy Birthday, Paul! I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.

NYCF, you hit the nail on the head for me about how I felt seeing Paul live. I grew up with The Beatles. It's hard now to believe they were only together for a few years. During that time, as a child, it felt endless.

Thanks for your review!

Topkat
06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR PAUL.....You have Made the world a better place in so many ways

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh8zYlEKq6Q

Brooke
06-18-2013, 04:05 PM
Happy Birthday Sir Paul! :birthday:

I'd love to see him live! NYC Fan, thanks so much for telling us about it! Sounds wonderful!

Outlawman13
06-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Happy 71st birthday to Sir Paul McCartney!!! I have always loved him and John Lennon for the longest time. They were my favvie Beatles and now Paul is so amazing. I love Back In The USSR and Blackbird. They are my favvies by Paul. I have never been to Paul's concert either, but this link is awesome in showing you a taste of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvaosX3VHw

Houston Baby
06-18-2013, 06:40 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR PAUL!

I cannot believe he is 71! I saw him last November and he was simply AMAZING!!! He had the energy of a bunch of 20 year olds. And like you, NYC Fan, I could not believe I was seeing a Beatle. My first time FINALLY!! It is a night I will never forget - seeing a living legend!!

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 06:43 PM
And like you, NYC Fan, I could not believe I was seeing a Beatle.

That seems to be the reaction we all had!

Freypower
06-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Happy birthday Sir Paul!

I had the experience of seeing him back in 1992, so I relate to NYCFan's review. The man is a genius & is totally awesome.

Prettymaid
06-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Agreed!

SallyGee
06-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the review NYC Fan. I knew he would be incredible! IT is an incredible feeling seeing a living legend isn't it?

Happy Birthday Sir Paul! You have brought so much joy to so many people Thank you!

NYC Fan
06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
I agree with everyone. It is such a thrill to see a living legend. I've seen pretty much all the big groups from that time at one point or another, but seeing Paul is just something special. And I know you all can relate.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Happy birthday sir paul.
I saw him in 1976 when I was 16 years old ......wings over america tour ........it was tremendous an expierence I will never forget.
A living legend.we just watched the movie help in honor of paul
:birthday:

Topkat
06-18-2013, 09:47 PM
I agree with everyone. It is such a thrill to see a living legend. I've seen pretty much all the big groups from that time at one point or another, but seeing Paul is just something special. And I know you all can relate.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Paul's show. Thanks for the review. I really wanted to see that show, but couldn't make it. I have seen Paul a few times. Luckily he plays here often. Looked like a great set list with some different songs on it. Paul is just so sweet & genuine...Love him. Hard to believe he is 71 today!

prayfordaylight
06-19-2013, 03:37 PM
This is making me even more excited for my Macca show in a few weeks. I get goosebumps even thinking of the Live and Let Die fireworks.

Molly
06-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the reviews.

I can't wait to see him in Milwaukee in 3 weeks! Tom Petty on the 28th, Eagles on the 7th, McCartney on the 16th. I almost can't believe it's all finally happening!!

Prettymaid
06-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reviews.

I can't wait to see him in Milwaukee in 3 weeks! Tom Petty on the 28th, Eagles on the 7th, McCartney on the 16th. I almost can't believe it's all finally happening!!

Wow! What a concert calendar!

Houston Baby
06-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Yeah, Molly - you have your own little "Legends" tour going on this summer! Too cool!
:partytime:

Troubadour
06-22-2013, 05:37 PM
What a summer you have lined up!

prayfordaylight
07-12-2013, 01:56 PM
So excited to see Macca tonight! Just hope the rain lets up!

Houston Baby
07-12-2013, 03:26 PM
PFD - have a MARVELOUS MACCA time tonight!! I saw him last November & it was AWESOME!!! Have fun!!! And let us know how it was.

Brooke
07-12-2013, 04:36 PM
Yes, please!

Prettymaid
07-12-2013, 09:10 PM
PFD, you should be able to hear my screams of glee there! I know you'll have a great time!

prayfordaylight
07-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Wow...just wow. Can finally check seeing a Beatle off my list. Paul was incredible - three hours, 38 songs and no breaks. Had an amazing time in amazing seats (I'm never gonna get that lucky in a stadium presale ever again - 21st row, dead center in front of the stage). I took a ton of pics I need to upload. Hopefully some come out nice enough to post here.

SETLIST: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2013/nationals-park-washington-dc-7bd956d4.html

So excited to hear Lady Madonna and Ob-La-Di which were my 2 fave Beatles songs growing up. Long and Winding Road, Maybe I'm Amazed and Something were all gorgeous. The pyro during Live and Let Die was insane.

He didn't seem like he wanted to stop nor did the crowd want him to. Took me an hour or so to get home but it was totally worth it.

Now I can finally look forward to seeing The Eagles in just over a week!

Brooke
07-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Sounds amazing pfd! Can't wait to see pics!

Prettymaid
07-13-2013, 04:18 PM
PDF, You saw a Beatle!!! Woo hoo!

Great set list! Such an amazing performer. And, except for some marijuana issues back in the day, he has kept his reputation sparkly clean. What a great guy! I love Paul, and I'll never forget the two times I've seen him live!

cheryl
07-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Getting ready to head to Indianapolis for Paul Mccartney. This will be my second time. The last was in 1993 in Cincinnati at the baseball stadium with 35,000 people. This time I am at center court on the side row 11; should be a pretty good seat. One of the two people I am meeting was also with me in 93.

Henley Honey
07-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Getting ready to head to Indianapolis for Paul Mccartney. This will be my second time. The last was in 1993 in Cincinnati at the baseball stadium with 35,000 people. This time I am at center court on the side row 11; should be a pretty good seat. One of the two people I am meeting was also with me in 93.

Have a great time and a safe trip Cheryl. :headbang:

Houston Baby
07-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Have a safe trip Cheryl & have a WONDERFUL time! I know you will. Can't wait to hear @ your MACCA time!!! :partytime:

prayfordaylight
07-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Have a fantastic time!

prayfordaylight
07-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Some of the better pics:

http://i.imgur.com/yUnyNG9l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LdAJUQhl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qUW1J3wl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ID4RAxsl.jpg

Houston Baby
07-14-2013, 07:35 PM
GREAT pics PFD!! Isn't he FANTASTIC!?!

Troubadour
07-14-2013, 07:42 PM
How cool, PFD! I'm thrilled you had such a great time and your pictures are lovely.

Safe travels, Cheryl!

Freypower
07-14-2013, 07:53 PM
How I wish he'd come back here. I've seen him once, in 1991.

sodascouts
07-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Terrific photos, PFD!

Cheryl - have fun!

Prettymaid
07-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the pictures, PDF. I haven't seen photos of him lately. Looks like Paul's hair is longer in the back. He looks great!

Cheryl, I envy you! Right now you are probably on Cloud 9!

NYC Fan
07-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Awesome pictures, PFD! Glad you had an amazing time. Paul is so fantastic :)

Brooklyn Roads
08-12-2014, 12:24 AM
I am going to see Paul this Thursday (8/14) at Candlestick Park (San Francisco). It's the final concert - well, final of anything at the park because they are tearing it down after this last show.

It's a historic concert because this is where the Beatles had their very last concert (well, at least on tour - we won't count their impromptu roof top concert in '69). I have a feeling Ringo is going to make a cameo. We are kinda up high, and nice cameras will likely be banned, but I will try to get some good shots with my phone (or maybe I can try with my tablet!)

This will likely be my last time seeing him in concert (it's my second time seeing him, my boyfriend's 4th). Unless he performs at Outside Lands again. We'll see!

Anyway, am super excited!! :spin:

bluefeather
08-12-2014, 02:32 PM
:yay: have a great time BR and please blow a kiss to Sir Paul for me

sodascouts
08-13-2014, 12:21 PM
Sounds like a special night. Have fun!

irga
08-13-2014, 01:13 PM
BR, so happy for you! Have fun!
Look what we did for him during his gig in Warsaw last year:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/rokitka/Other/Hey_zps9f6f8262.jpg
That was when he started to sing Hey Jude. Was he surprised when he saw that! And happy, too :-)
This was his reaction after he finished the song:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o292/rokitka/Other/HeyPaul1_zpsdc445f6d.jpg
Wow, unforgettable experience.

Topkat
05-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Hard to believe that nobody has talked about Paul McCartney in 3 years!

I decided to spurge and get tickets to see him this Sept. at Madison Square Garden. My feeling is that he may not be touring much longer. I saw him in 1990 or 1991, & that was so long ago. This will probably be my last chance to see him, as he will soon be 75.

Tickets are expensive, but he does a 3 hour show with no break & no opening act, so he gives a lot to his fans!

The guy is a living legend & I can't pass this chance to see him. Really looking forward to it.

My summer includes the Eagles show at Classic East, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers , possibly Hall & Oates, & Paul in Sept!!
Looking forward to all the great music! :partytime:

TW
05-24-2017, 03:16 PM
Hard to believe that nobody has talked about Paul McCartney in 3 years!

I decided to spurge and get tickets to see him this Sept. at Madison Square Garden. My feeling is that he may not be touring much longer. I saw him in 1990 or 1991, & that was so long ago. This will probably be my last chance to see him, as he will soon be 75.

Tickets are expensive, but he does a 3 hour show with no break & no opening act, so he gives a lot to his fans!

The guy is a living legend & I can't pass this chance to see him. Really looking forward to it.

My summer includes the Eagles show at Classic East, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers , possibly Hall & Oates, & Paul in Sept!!
Looking forward to all the great music! :partytime:
Have fun!

LuvTim
05-25-2017, 12:43 AM
Going to see Paul in July. :partytime:

buffyfan145
05-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Seeing Paul 6 years ago in Cincinnati is still the best concert I've ever been to!!! :D Looking forward to seeing how his cameo is in the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" movie.

LuvTim
07-20-2017, 01:29 PM
^^ Buffy knows. :-D

A DREAM!!! :yay::inlove:8)

Can this really be Paul McCartney, here in front of us, live and totally awesome?!?!

As we all know, Paul is just one of the best, most affable artists ever, so please don't miss him if you can possibly go.

Great, fantastic show here, Paul being so warm and connected to the crowd. I know a lot of shows are performed on a tour so there has to be some scripting, but Paul personalised the experience for us in a way that seemed genuine. Love the guy. And his band is just phenomenal. What else can I say? What a night!

Beatles music, much like Eagles music, will never die!! :rockguitar:

Topkat, have fun in September!

Annoying Twit
07-24-2017, 05:15 AM
I wonder if Paul is ever going to release another album. EDIT: Looks as if he is! http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/63-most-anticipated-albums-of-2017-w459156/paul-mccartney-w459499

And we have Ringo's album (Joe guests) to look forward to, as well.

LuvTim
07-24-2017, 10:37 AM
^ Paul played some new music at the concert here. (Well, he said it was new, and I didn't know it, so I'll take his word on it.) ;-)

NightMistBlue
07-24-2017, 11:18 AM
I'm so glad you had a wonderful time, Luvy 8)

How were your seats, pretty good?

LuvTim
07-24-2017, 11:28 AM
Thanks. :-)
Not floor seats. First tier, off to "Timothy's side" of the stage, but not too far to the side. I felt pretty good about the seats.

TW
07-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Sounds like a great time! I see him tomorrow :)

Pippinwhite
07-24-2017, 01:22 PM
I am envious beyond words, but so glad you got to go!

Annoying Twit
07-24-2017, 01:44 PM
^ Paul played some new music at the concert here. (Well, he said it was new, and I didn't know it, so I'll take his word on it.) ;-)

Thank you.

There have been so many albums released in 2016 and 2017 by all sorts of artists. And, new albums keep on popping up all over the place.

buffyfan145
07-24-2017, 05:11 PM
That's so great LT and have a great time TW!!! :D

LuvTim
07-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Have a great time, TW! If you're into tattoos, Paul might even sign your arm for you!! He did that for four ladies here. :grin:

Freypower
08-17-2017, 07:36 PM
As I said elsewhere two nights in Sydney in December, second row the second night. :cheers:

Freypower
12-21-2017, 08:58 PM
I decided I should post something about the two astonishing shows I saw on December 11 & 12. I had held off because I honestly was not sure what to say. They were, in short, the two greatest concerts I have ever seen.

He's 75, for God's sake. He plays & moves like a 20 year old. He's still as trim & fit as he ever was. One sign he read out said 'sign my butt'. He said 'show it to us first' and then he wiggled his own butt. :fainting:

He told some really great stories both nights. Before Here Today he said it was written as a conversation he never had with John. After he finished it he said 'if you've got something to say, say it' meaning tell them how you feel, in his best down to earth Liverpool accent. The tribute to George before Something was equally moving and then we all screamed the words... 'I DON'T KNOW... I DON'T KNOW'! so loud... while photos of him & George flashed up behind him.

He has the tightest band I think I have ever seen - a five piece, him included. During a scorching Maybe I'm Amazed (which he had to start again the first night - bless him for being human) I made it quite clear to Rusty the guitarist how much I loved his solo.

He CHANGES THE SETLIST. The first night we had Junior's Farm, the second night Nineteen Hundred & Eighty Five. We had I Saw Her Standing There the second night instead of Birthday. There were others, but the fact that he is prepared to do that says volumes about him. He even did the collaboration with Kanye West & two tracks from his last album New.

He can still scream tracks like Helter Skelter & Back In The USSR at the top of his lungs; you do notice weaknesses on slower songs like Blackbird, but who cares? He was singing them. Then there were the singalongs like Ob-la-Di Ob-la-Da and the one that starts 'hey.....'(you know that one...)

He even did a couple of John's songs, OPENING with A Hard Day's Night & later Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite! which was extraordinary. I sometimes forget what an incredible perfecly constructed song Band On The Run is. It has climax moments right through it.

I was in the second row on the left hand side on the second night & even had a glance my way during Sgt Pepper/Helter Skelter! I was in heaven.

AND he had no issue at all with phones, photos or videos. I took a couple of videos, but they're not very good - I don't care. It was mind blowing. I just hope he doesn't leave it 25 years to come back given his age.

If you get a chance to see this genius & legend, DO NOT MISS IT. :stunned:

Dawn
12-21-2017, 09:19 PM
I decided I should post something about the two astonishing shows I saw on December 11 & 12. I had held off because I honestly was not sure what to say. They were, in short, the two greatest concerts I have ever seen.

He's 75, for God's sake. He plays & moves like a 20 year old. He's still as trim & fit as he ever was. One sign he read out said 'sign my butt'. He said 'show it to us first' and then he wiggled his own butt. :fainting:

He told some really great stories both nights. Before Here Today he said it was written as a conversation he never had with John. After he finished it he said 'if you've got something to say, say it' meaning tell them how you feel, in his best down to earth Liverpool accent. The tribute to George before Something was equally moving and then we all screamed the words... 'I DON'T KNOW... I DON'T KNOW'! so loud... while photos of him & George flashed up behind him.

He has the tightest band I think I have ever seen - a five piece, him included. During a scorching Maybe I'm Amazed (which he had to start again the first night - bless him for being human) I made it quite clear to Rusty the guitarist how much I loved his solo.

He CHANGES THE SETLIST. The first night we had Junior's Farm, the second night Nineteen Hundred & Eighty Five. We had I Saw Her Standing There the second night instead of Birthday. There were others, but the fact that he is prepared to do that says volumes about him. He even did the collaboration with Kanye West & two tracks from his last album New.

He can still scream tracks like Helter Skelter & Back In The USSR at the top of his lungs; you do notice weaknesses on slower songs like Blackbird, but who cares? He was singing them. Then there were the singalongs like Ob-la-Di Ob-la-Da and the one that starts 'hey.....'(you know that one...)

He even did a couple of John's songs, OPENING with A Hard Day's Night & later Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite! which was extraordinary. I sometimes forget what an incredible perfecly constructed song Band On The Run is. It has climax moments right through it.

I was in the second row on the left hand side on the second night & even had a glance my way during Sgt Pepper/Helter Skelter! I was in heaven.

AND he had no issue at all with phones, photos or videos. I took a couple of videos, but they're not very good - I don't care. It was mind blowing. I just hope he doesn't leave it 25 years to come back given his age.

Thank you FP, really enjoyed your review with all the interesting details, what a wonderful show both nights!!! I have yet to see Paul in concert. I seriously considered Desert Trip 2016 but ultimatley couldn't make it happen. I will keep my fingers crossed for another chance but I am determined to see Justin Hayward on his US Tour next year.

buffyfan145
12-21-2017, 10:29 PM
That's awesome FP!!! :D Paul is still the best concert I've ever been to and I'm so glad you had a fantastic time.

Magnolia
12-22-2017, 01:32 AM

I love your review and I'm glad you had a fabulous time! It sounds like you had a magical concert both nights.

chaim
12-22-2017, 01:28 PM
That was a great read, Freypower. I know that McCartney's one of the most respected musicians in the pop/rock business, but still I feel that he's underrated in some ways among many people. His inventive bass playing for one thing, is often overlooked by people who are not musicians IMO. People also don't know that it was Paul, not John, who was into tape loops (see Tomorrow Never Knows).

Freypower
12-22-2017, 06:04 PM
That was a great read, Freypower. I know that McCartney's one of the most respected musicians in the pop/rock business, but still I feel that he's underrated in some ways among many people. His inventive bass playing for one thing, is often overlooked by people who are not musicians IMO. People also don't know that it was Paul, not John, who was into tape loops (see Tomorrow Never Knows).

Thanks. I thought later that I should have said something about the bass playing but I'm not a musician & tend to take it for granted. He can also play decent lead guitar & keyboards, of course.

LuvTim
12-22-2017, 08:40 PM
Great review, FP! Your delight is palpable!! So happy you had this experience!! :-D

sodascouts
06-22-2018, 02:10 PM
Wow, this is an amazing video! I don't care what you think of James Corden, any McCartney fan is going to love this (and watch it 'til the end):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ&app=desktop

New Kid In Town
06-22-2018, 03:37 PM
I saw it on CBS This Morning and thought it was great !

Dawn
06-22-2018, 04:17 PM
thanks Soda, I enjoyed this a lot!

My My
06-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Thanks, Soda! Saw parts of this on The Today Show. I hadn't seen the end though. Really quite cool.

Freypower
06-22-2018, 07:39 PM
That is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.:bow::fainted:

He has a new album coming out in September called Egypt Station. I hope he had a happy 76th birthday on the 18th (see avatar).

Roey
06-22-2018, 10:29 PM
Love it. Thanks Soda!

Dawn
06-23-2018, 12:46 AM
James was positively great!!