PDA

View Full Version : Timothy B in the spotlight ?

Malc
07-01-2009, 03:12 PM
OK - we currently get "Boys Of Summer" "Funk 49" "Life Is Good", occasionally "You Belong To The City" ... but when was the last time Tim had one of his pre-Eagle/solo songs featured in concert ? I believe they DID perform "Keep On Tryin'" just after he joined the band but I'd love to see him do a few old Poco songs ("Starin' At The Sky" or "Find Out In Time"), or maybe something along the lines of "Playin' It Cool" or "Every Song Is You" ? Or how about the band harmonising on a version of "Big Wave" ...
Surely after almost 30 years he should get a bit more of a look in ?
Thoughts ?? :partytime:

luvthelighthouse
07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
You are preaching to the choir! Timothy fan really aren't content w/his three songs per show. We want more... however, since he didn't have any "hits", it's doubtful we'll get more from his Poco or solo career.

Although, I truely believe Keep on Tryin' would be a crowd pleaser and would love that added to the show. One of my personal favorites, Restrain would also be great... but I'm not holding my breath to get anything... heck, if they'd play Do Something, I'd be happier!

anne-o-gg
07-03-2009, 12:21 PM
ooohhhh...I can totally see them singing "Keep On Tryin"...that'd be GREAT! I think they could do a lot with that! :thumbsup:

It seems that our Timothy is content with his measly 3 songs (in Indy he did IDWHA, LWKUA, & ICTYW)...sadly, his fans are not...I'd love to hear they are doing "Do Something" too - I love that song!

sodascouts
07-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Heck, we were just glad he got three. Before now it's been two all the way!

With even Glenn's solo songs dropped, I imagine a Tim solo song is HIGHLY unlikely. As stated earlier, the band did do Poco's Keep on Tryin' back in 1980, and it was great! It's such a short song that they could cram it into the setlist again without too much hustle and bustle, except for course the fact they'd have to work up those tight harmonies again.

Malc
07-06-2009, 03:51 AM
I guess I'd just like to see Tim get a bit more recognition than just being the bass player who sings a couple of ballads ! "Every Song Is You" would've been a perfect example of showing that he COULD sing upbeat numbers aswell :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
07-06-2009, 07:37 AM
I guess I'd just like to see Tim get a bit more recognition than just being the bass player who sings a couple of ballads ! "Every Song Is You" would've been a perfect example of showing that he COULD sing upbeat numbers aswell :thumbsup:

Here, Here... we can dream can't we?:thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I LOVE Every Song Is You and agree it could be arranged to work as an Eagles song. Probably ain't never gonna happen, but, yes, we can dream, can't we? :wink:

sodascouts
07-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Can't argue with you Malc, and if any Tim solo song is played with the Eagles, I agree that it should be Every Song Is You!

Prettymaid
07-07-2009, 10:02 AM
For some reason Timothy has been pegged into the roll of a ballads singer in the Eagles. Heck, I'd never even heard Every Song is You until we played the Timothy solo Survivor Game here!

cynd1231
07-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I think it would be fun to see him do Top of the Stairs with the other three backing him up!!!!!!!!

Malc
07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Well I'm glad to see Tim has such a following on here. I've been a great fan of his since the Poco days ("Indian Summer" was the first time I came across his amazing voice ...) and my iPod has a number of his tracks - including this great collection :

Whatever Happened To Your Smile (with Poco)
Keep On Tryin' (with Poco)
Starin' At The Sky (with Poco)
Playin' It Cool
So Much In Love
Voices
Lonely Girl
Something Sad
Tell Me What You Dream
Sh'boom (with Gerry Beckley)
Mr Sandman (with Gerry Beckley)
I Only Have Eyes For You
A Better Day Is Coming
In Roxy's Eyes
Big Wave
Can't Put Out The Fire In Me
Carry On
I'm Leaving It All Up To You
Love Will Keep Us Alive (with The Eagles)
Every Song Is You
Top Of The Stairs
Moment Of Truth
Caroline No (with The Beach Boys)

Whaddaya reckon ? Not much Eagles ... but that's only because I have ALL of their albums elsewhere on the iPod and I'm avoiding too much duplication !
:headbang:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Hope you all don't mind, but I moved this thread to Tim's forum. Very interesting discussion here, so please carry on ... :wink:

Prettymaid
07-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I was turned on to Rose Of Cimarron here recently - Malc, it'd be a great one to add to your ipod. I love the Timothy ending - gives me chills!

Malc
07-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I was turned on to Rose Of Cimarron here recently - Malc, it'd be a great one to add to your ipod. I love the Timothy ending - gives me chills!

Already on the Poco double set !! :xoxo:

Brooke
07-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Rose of Cimarron is my all time favorite Poco song. It nearly gives me chills every time I hear it.

luvthelighthouse
07-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Rose of Cimarron is my all time favorite Poco song. It nearly gives me chills every time I hear it.

Ditto! It is an excellent song. When I watch the youtube video and see/listen to that pure sweet flawless voice I get "that" feeling... one of being in awe as such beauty. (vocals, not person... while that isn't too bad either):hilarious:

anne-o-gg
07-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Rose of Cimarron! Great tune!! I hadn't even heard of Poco until this forum...now I love 'em! I could so see the Eagles doing this one too...:headbang:

Prettymaid
07-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm afraid I'm helping to veer from the topic, but I must add My favorite Poco tune... Good Feeling to Know! Talk about chills! :guitar:

Malc
07-07-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm afraid I'm helping to veer from the topic, but I must add My favorite Poco tune... Good Feeling to Know! Talk about chills! :guitar:

The LIVE version from "Poco Live" is simply awesome !! The key line-up of Schmit, Cotton, Grantham and Young at their peak ...
:headbang:

TimothyBFan
07-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Speaking of Poco---wonder where our resident Poconut expert has been---Melrose--you out there? She'd be all over this topic!

Freypower
07-07-2009, 08:53 PM

Is it Tim singing that really high part at the end? It doesn't sound like him. I thought he did the 'shadows touch the sand' and 'trails that brought them home' parts.

Prettymaid
07-07-2009, 08:58 PM
It's both FP - look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7k0NZ4XidM

TimothyBFan
07-07-2009, 09:01 PM
OMG---I never get enough of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freypower
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Good GRIEF. I had no idea. He looked good there too!:faint:

TimothyBFan
07-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Good GRIEF. I had no idea. He looked good there too!:faint:

Gee-you think so?!?!? :hilarious: Welcome to my world FP!!!!

luvthelighthouse
07-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Speaking of Poco---wonder where our resident Poconut expert has been---Melrose--you out there? She'd be all over this topic!

I know, I'm missing her posts too! Melrose, if you are reading... come back!

Maleah
07-15-2009, 01:00 AM
Wow......I love to listen to that song. Get goosebumps every time!

GlennLover
07-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Who is the violin player in the video?

luvthelighthouse
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Who is the violin player in the video?

I can't see the video, as I'm at work and it's blocked. If the video is Rose of Cimarron, if memory serves correctly, I think it's Al Garth. (Yes, the same one that plays w/the Eagles currently) However, I can't see the video, so I'm not sure and only going off memory.

GlennLover
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks, LTL. That's why I asked. I thought that it looked like Al (in much younger days :laugh:).