PDA

View Full Version : Belfast, Ireland 6-30-09

luvthelighthouse
07-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I can't find anything on this show yet. No newpaper reviews, no youtube...

So Lisa, this thread is just waiting for you to fill in the blanks and give us the goods. (foot tapping) :)

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I'll be on as soon as I can with loads to tell (Though I'm still trying to meet the Elusive Glenn :heart:) and even one or 2 surprises. We had a great night but I'm under severe work pressure at the moment.

On the way.......PROMISE!!

Fan_For_Life
07-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Looking forward to hearing about it. :)

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey everybody, I'm home and on here at last and ready to tell at least part of our story from last night. I may not get it all done today but if not I wilI.

Ok so without further ado......

Laura and I left Dublin about 1215 pm on yesterday heading North. As we left IDWHAM came on the radio which we took as a good omen. We then changed to the VBO CD. Very appropriate on the M1 as we were certainly in the fast lane for LITFL and TIE at least. We were at our hotel in Belfast less than 2 hours later and spent a short while getting glammed up before heading to the Odyssey (way too early of course). The Sat Nav let me down on that as it didn't recognise the venue and there were no signposts so we had an 'interesting' tour of Belfast before a kindly 'Royal Mail' van driver put us on the right track. We got there in more than enough time. But we missed the 'main' car park and ended up in the one at the 'Press' entrance. Having looked for our door to enter the building we went up to a security man to put us on the right track. As we were talking to him I happened to look into the yard he was 'guarding' and saw a row of about 10 gleaming black Mercedes cars. I pointed them out to Laura and commented 'I think I know who these cars belong to' The guard laughed as we looked on in awe and commented 'They all travel in Separate cars' D'oh! :doh:Tell me something I didn't know. Of course we smiled sweetly and looked pretty but it didn't wash. Still the glimpse of the cars was thrill enough.
We located the RIGHT car park and as we were about an hour early for our rendevous with our ILAA host we decided to eat. On the way in I noticed that only 'Professional' cameras and recording equipment was prohibited which meant I could use my camera :yay: I let Laura choose the restaurant and she chose 'Joes Diner' as Joe is an Eagle. It was a good choice and we were lucky as we got in just before the place started to get really crowded. It was very hot out (about 24deg - thats hot here) and the queue for the unreserved standing space was already starting to get quite long! Eagles music was playing in the foyer of the arena, just to get us in the mood :wink: as if we weren't already. We strolled around savouring the atmosphere until 5:45 when we were to meet our ILAA hostess Helen. I took the opportunity to 'chat' to Lou and Danielle also joined in wishing us all the best and that we'd have a great night.
Helen was lovely, extremely welcoming and hospitable and had no problem telling the Odyssey staff who tried to eject us (as the doors hadn't opened yet) that we were her VIP guests and were fine. Soon Steph and her friend Phyll (sp?) joined us and it turned out we were the only 5* booking which is why the had to cancel the pre show. After Laura and I bought programmes, mugs and t-shirts Helen lead us to our reserved section of the bar which consisted of 2 tall round tables cordoned off by an ILAA banner. Now here's where Helen was really worth her weight in gold, because the security guy wouldn't let Laura into the bar as she was under 18. Helen firmly pointed out that she was with our group and she had cleared it with management. But every time he saw poor Laura she got a 'dirty' look from him. Then she had the nerve to ask had they chairs!!!!!! 'You should be well able to stand at your age' was his comment. Still it didn't dampen our enthusiasm. Helen returned to us with a little gem SHE HAD 2 SETS OF 3 OF JOES GUITAR STRINGS. Yes Rhonda! I have 3 of JOE's Guitar strings. We chatted with Steph and Phyll and soon we got to our seats 3rd row, side tier on Joes side. It was an excellent view, though a bit further away from Glenn :heart: than last year and also not a great angle to photograph the stage from. This was our view
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01930-1.jpg
It looks further than it was but there was standing room as well. Anyway just at 730 pm the lights went down, and everyone took their seats. My heart was absolutely THUMPING in my chest as suddenly the place flooded with light and they went straight into 'How Long'. Of course they were all wearing their suits, but they looked great.
I realised that the lighting and the angle would not provide great pics after taking this one, but the screen just above me was perfect and I used that for some of the pics.
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01931-1.jpg
Anyway after 'How Long' Glenn :heart: finally started to talk and my heart decided to flutter while he did. 'Good evening Belfast' he announced going on to welcome us to the Eagles Belfast concert, that they were delighted to be back in the 'Emerald isle' that they are 'the band that never died' and most importantly IMHO that this was the 100th gig in the LROOE tour, to which he got a rousing cheer.
Predictably he want on to introduce the LROOE album and said that Timothy and Joe would sing the next songs.
Timmy and Joe sang IDWHAM and GOTC and the gig went on on the same set list that they have been using recently. As HC started and Don started singing I was thinking that Don's voice sounded great adn that it was a pity Lou coudn't hear it.......
.......and I had a one of those rare moments.......she can. I took out my phone and dialled her number!
So she listened to the next few songs, and I think it worked quite well.
Glenn :heart: then introduced PEF as being off their first album from 1972 in london, and then just before the third verse called out 'How many people in Northern Ireland like Country Rock' which went down to a cheer and a big show of hands. Then they went into ICTYW by Timmy of course and WW.
Of course Glenn :heart: was in his element with a new audience for his jokes and he enthusiastically told the Dan Tana's story before Lyin' Eyes. I loved the way he said they did 'everything' quickly back then. As well as the dedication to 'Plaintiff'. I actually think there were quite a few people there that haven't heard it before. Anyway Glenn :heart: asked us to sing along......which we duly did!
Don then did his usual rousing version of BOS, followed by Joes doing ITCwith all those fabulous images in the background. Finally for the first part of the show Don took the mic and said that they needed to take a break after 'this next one' and they would come back and sing for a very long time afterwards. He was in excallent voice for TLR!

So that was the first part. I'm going to post a few pics and get the second part reviewed tomorrow some time hopefully.

Of course I have the Dublin gig tomorrow which will be different for a few reasons.....
Its outdoor
They'll have a different set list
Hopefully they'll have jeans on :pray:

Remember Christchurch........... You should see tomorrow's forecast......

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Some pics from the first half......

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01940.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01941.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01948.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01952.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01966.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01968.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01969.jpg

EagleLady
07-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Oh Lisa, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and that pic of you and Laura is just lovely

Prettymaid
07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow GA, did you realize beforehand that this was their 100th performance?

Great review so far - thanks for the pix and have a great time at your outdoor show!

luvthelighthouse
07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Lovin' the review so far! Thank you! I can't wait to hear more. I hope you have a fabulous time tomorrow... or today, by the time you read this.

Enjoy!

eaglesvet
07-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Nice review...wish I was there! I didn't realize the set list will be different in Dublin?! I do hope you get the jeans; and I hope the weather is tolerable!:pray:
Great shot of you and your daughter having fun...how old is Laura? Lucky girl to be enjoying her first concert so young!

GlennLover
07-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review of the first half of the show as well as the pictures. You must be exhausted!

Glad you enjoyed it (as if you could not enjoy the guys :)). I hope tomorrow you see a "Christchurch" caliber performance without the "Christchurch" weather. Oh yes, with a "Christchurch" type wardrobe :thumbsup:.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks GA and your excitement definitely came through in your review. Can't wait to read more. But I know you must be getting ready for Dublin. Hopefully, we will hear from Steph, too.

I love the pics, especially the one of you and Laura. EV, actually lucky little Timtot (a.k.a. Laura) is quite the Eagles concert veteran. :smile:

Koala
07-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Thanks so much for the pics and the review, canīt wait to hear more! :)
Have a nice time at the Dublin concert!

AzEaglesFan
07-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Found a few pictures http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Northern-Ireland-The-Eagles-Northern-Ireland-Belfast/ss/events/wl/030807nirelandelect/im:/090630/481/951dfa29bf2c491a8139184337d8f9f8/
A lot of them have nothing to do with the Eagles but I don't know how to trim the Web Address

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2009, 03:36 AM
Oh Lisa, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and that pic of you and Laura is just lovely

Why thank you so much EL! Must be Stephs great photography skills.....

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Wow GA, did you realize beforehand that this was their 100th performance?

Great review so far - thanks for the pix and have a great time at your outdoor show!

In short Cathy.......NO! :lol:. We were as surprised when Glenn :heart: announced it. But we were at the first performance so it was nice to be at the 100th.

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2009, 03:39 AM
Lovin' the review so far! Thank you! I can't wait to hear more. I hope you have a fabulous time tomorrow... or today, by the time you read this.

Enjoy!

Thank you and everyone for all the lovely comments. I'll get past 2 up as soon as possibly I can. We hope to have a brilliant time today :yay::yay::yay:

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2009, 03:41 AM
Nice review...wish I was there! I didn't realize the set list will be different in Dublin?! I do hope you get the jeans; and I hope the weather is tolerable!:pray:
Great shot of you and your daughter having fun...how old is Laura? Lucky girl to be enjoying her first concert so young!

Well I'm just surmising that it will beause it seems to have been 'trimmed down' at many of the other outdoor concerts. i'm banking on the jeans.

Laura is 8. This will be her 3rd Eagles concert! As Dreamer pointed out, she is becoming quite the veteren.

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review of the first half of the show as well as the pictures. You must be exhausted!

Glad you enjoyed it (as if you could not enjoy the guys :)). I hope tomorrow you see a "Christchurch" caliber performance without the "Christchurch" weather. Oh yes, with a "Christchurch" type wardrobe :thumbsup:.

I am exhausted......but hey......its the EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for a "Christchurch" type wardrobe alright GL! As for the weather................ I woke at 4am to the MOTHER of all thunderstorms and the sound of the accompanying rain was unbelievable.... However it has cleared for the moment. All we can do is hope that it will stay away for those few hours tonight......

TimothyBFan
07-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Great review so far Lisa. Love your pics, especially the one of you and Laura. Boy, I sure hope the weather holds out for you. But I do want to remind everyone, I've said it over and over and over again..... Timothy was absolutely GORGEOUS in that downpour at Christchurch. The flying hair in the rain, the curls and frizz coming out, that purple jacket.... :drool: Oh Sorry~~ I got sidetracked.

Anyways, you and the family have a great time tonight and especially can't wait to see these pics because I think we will all get the jeans and casual wear. Tell Laura to throw Timothy a wave from me also!!!

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I will indeed Willie!

Brooke
07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Great info so far, Ga! Lovely pics, too! Thanks for taking time out to share these with us.

Best of luck for tonight. You must be there already by now. Hope the weather is holding up.

luvthelighthouse
07-02-2009, 05:59 PM
AZ, thanks for the photos!

Finally, a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNf6_gkHS1U

Edit: Actually, I found a bunch more... but I loved the one above and I think they sound great here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vLQihUcnEE&feature=channel

Koala
07-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the photos and videos!:)

I found three more videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIO_F20JiCk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3u-LYK57Eo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88p6LH2whMo&feature=related

Glennsallnighter
07-03-2009, 03:41 AM
I've some to put up as well. I have 'Somebody' , 'Lyin Eyes' and 'No More Cloudy Days' Give me a day or 2.

07-03-2009, 10:15 AM
So GA - did they bring Somebody back in Belfast???

Please say yes! Please say yes! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Freypower
07-03-2009, 06:59 PM

If so:

:partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

:thumbsup::headbang::woah::cool:

I'm so happy for you GA, if this occurred. If it did I can't wait to see it.

Edit: Glenn sounded wonderful in those clips. They are a perfect example of the way he turns around to face both sides of the audience.

Glennsallnighter
07-03-2009, 07:49 PM

YES

They DID, and in the outdoor gig in Dublin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was definitely one of the highlights of each show.

Peekaboo
07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm so happy for you GA!!! Glad you had a wonderful time at both shows. The vids already posted are great!!:thumbsup: I can't wait to see the vid of Somebody.

07-03-2009, 10:45 PM

YES

They DID, and in the outdoor gig in Dublin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was definitely one of the highlights of each show.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Koala
07-04-2009, 01:39 AM
YES

This is great! :partytime:
I hope they also play Somebody at Hamburg! :pray:

I am looking forward to see your video of Somebody!

Remy
07-04-2009, 06:06 AM
Hi All,

Im new to the forum so please be patient with me.

First of all the concert in Belfast was FANTASTIC !
We queued from 3.00pm and got right up to the stage.
I am posting a link here to my web album as we got some great pics....hopefully it works.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/remysharma/Eagles30062009#

If the link does'nt work i will try to correct asap.

Regards,
Remy.

cynd1231
07-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Welcome aboard, Remy and thanks you for the link. It worked perfectly for me and you are a dear to share your pictures. Hope you'll add more info about the show.

sodascouts
07-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Reading this eagerly! Can't wait for more!

luvthelighthouse
07-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Welcome Remy. Those pics are great! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I take it you have a fantastic time at the show. =)

Koala
07-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Welcome Remy!
Thanks for sharing your pics, they are great!

sodascouts
07-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Welcome Remy! The photos are TERRIFIC!

SO GLAD Somebody is back!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!

07-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Welcome from me too, Remy. Glad to have you on The Border and please join right on in. Thanks for sharing your awesome pictures. Sounds like you picked a great show to attend.

Fan_For_Life
07-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Nice to meet you Remy. :grin: You did get some great shots. Thanks!

Brooke
07-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the Border, Remy and thank you so much for sharing your pics. They are fabulous!

We love to hear more details from the concert if you have time, too!

Remy
07-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Nice to meet you Remy. :grin: You did get some great shots. Thanks!

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcomes and im glad you all liked the pics.
The concert was FANTASTIC.
The stage, set up, sound etc was second to none.
This was my fourth Eagles concert and first indoor one and they ROCKED BELFAST.

We got right up to the stage barrier and my OH and myself where screaming and whooping all night.......the guys looked great and sounded amazing. At the end of the evening Glen gave out two guitar plectrums and guess what...my OH got one!!! Glen called over the security guy who was between us an the stage and pointed to the OH, Mr Security guy then approached my other half and gave her the plectrum. It says Eagles 2009 on one side and wait for it.....Glen Frey on the other.

I have seen a few live acts including Bruce Springsteen and Fleetwood Mac and in my opinion nothing comes close to Eagles....they are the best live act in the world IMHO.

Remy

sodascouts
07-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Ooh, how cool about Glenn giving your "other half" that pick! What a great momento of a great show!

cheryl
07-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Remy, thanks for sharing those pictures. All I can say is OMG! ;wish I could have been that lucky. I know how it feels to receive guitar picks; I have one from Alan Jackson and the Statler Brothers. But to have one from an Eagles show you must be in heaven.

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2009, 07:12 PM
So to continue with our Belfast adventure......

Oh and I actually realised on closer inspection, it was a FULL set of Joes strings that I was given..... Thank You Joe!!

Anyway after a pleasant interval chatting to Steph and the people in front of us we resumed seats for the second 'half'. As usual it started with vthe guys sitting and singing their run of ballads. We were treated to NMWITW first, followed immediately by WITW, a fabulous live rendition. The imagery projected behind the stage was superb.

After these two songs Glenn :heart: made reference to the two songs and commented that WITW was an excellent collaboration between Don and Steuart. He then went on to introduce 'Track 8 which follows Track 7 on LROOE' He said that he wrote it himself a few years ago and had been inspired by David Gray's Babylon. They then went into NMCD with Glenn:heart:s voice sounding absolutely DIVINE :inlove:

After NMCD it was Timothys turn to take the stage and he spoke about having spent the last week in Derry visiting his wife's family. He also mentioned that he has now got Irish citizenship which of course soawned a large cheer for everyone, after thich he sang 'from HFO' LWKUA. Glenn :heart: thanked him and as usual introduced TITTL as what his wife terms 'The Credit card Song' which he said would finish off the seated section. TITTL was of course fantastic, and just as he sang 'Take.....' the lights would turn right up emphasising the beat of the song.

Then came LROOE with Don up the front taking on the vocals of course. Once again spectacular with a very interesting and thought provoking background. I never feel the 10 minutes of this song. It just grips me.

After that my heart was thumping.....would they.....wouldn't they....???

YES :yay: :yay: :yay: SOMEBODY :yay: :yay: :yay:

Glenn :heart: both looked and sounded just FANTASTIC on the vocals of this one, helped by the fact that he had just removed his jacket - lean, mean, powerful and VERY VERY Sexy as he sang and growled out this song. For me one of the highights of the show.

While the 'rocking' theme was clearly on the cards 'Walk Away' followed 'Somebody' lifting the crowd further as it did. By now the guy beside me was getting a little worried. 'When will they do TIE?' 'Second Last' Laura assured him! :lol:

Then a beautiful but eerie full moon came up on the backdrop and Don started singing an old crowd favourite..... OOTN.

After that Glenn :heart: in his own unique way introduced each member of the back up band, saying lovely complimentary things about all of them. Of course as Steph was in our section Will Hollis got a little extra attention! When Glenn :heart: got onto the Eagles themselves he first introduced the 'Bassist who's been with the band since 1976 - the ribbon on the package..... he sings it high he plays it low.... Timothy B Schmit....' Timmy came out to the foreground to a rousing reception, thanked everyone and proceeded to do the same for Glenn :heart: calling him among other things 'The man of 1000 jokes' 'Our Fearless leader' 'The man from Motor City --- Detroit..... Mr GLENN :heart: FREY
:applause: :applause: :applause:
Of course the roar was deafening and I'm sure at least one person was wondering who the screaming virago up in the tiers was..... :embarrassed:
Glenn :heart: the too over again announcing his 'Friend since 1971....the pride of Linden Texas...... Mr DON HENLEY
:applause: :applause: :applause:
And finally Glenn :heart: went on to introduce 'last but not lost, a man who needs NO introduction at all, known to Law enforcement and hotel Staff around the world, of personal interest to the FBI, the CIA, MI6, the SPCA, one of the finest guitar players of this and any generation from the garden state New Jersey..... Mr Joe Walsh.
Joe immediately began to throw some papers around, then introduced LBG and went straight into it.
Don then sang 'Dirty Laundry' with its usual background newspaper cuttings, which roused the crowd no end. I think some of them had been designed to suit 'British Isles' concerts.
After it finished Glenn :heart: and Joe started to do a bit of skitting around on their guitars trying to outdo each other. You can guess who came out best...... :wink: Joe went into Funk #49.

At this point I had a little Deja Vue from London last year, as my camera battery went nearly at the same point in both gigs. Unlike London last year however I had a charged spare in my bag and minutes, and was back in business in no time. Just on time to ROCK 'HT'. Another superb performance from Glenn :heart: before, sadly the last song of the 'Normal' set LITFL. And with the imagery behind, it really DID feel like we were driving in the fast lane. To rapturous applause and screaming they left the stage for a few minutes. Of course nobody went anywhere. Those seasoned among us knew TIE was still on the menu, and those who weren't just weren't ready to go home yet.
They reemerged and Glenn :heart: spoke first. 'Thank you VERY VERY much' You could see the sheer gratitude in his voice for the reception that they got that evening. He really looked so appreciative. Its hard to describe, and it wasn't just because he can do no wrong in my eyes anyway, but I have never seen a lead singer as grateful as he seemed to the fans. TIE of course was like a celebration as everyone stood up, danced and joined in. Afterwards they left again, making Desperado effectively a second encore. OK I couldn't resist it. I called Lou up again. Apparently she put her phone on speaker and her mum listened with her as Don stylishly put the gig to bed, backed up of couse by the others.
Finally they all joined together to give a final bow.... but they didn't leave the stage immediately, walking round waving and thanking people. I saw Glenn :heart: give a few picks to the steward and was so envious of the person who got them, but now I'm delighted to see it was a real fan and another 'Borderer'.
We said 'goodbye' to Stephanie and Phyll and the guy in front who we had been talking to as one of the stewards was beckoning me over. I genuinely thought he was trying to clear the place quickly and kinda nodded 'Well go now.' 'No!' he said, 'Come here....' and when i did he handed me 2 of Steuarts picks saying that Steuart had wanted us to have them......?!
WOW!!!!!! Well we left with grins the size of cheshire cats (I call them 'Cindy Like' grins) on our faces, Laura was tired, I was high.....

It was a wonderful night and we got back to the hotel delighted with the way things had gone.
The following morning we did a bit of shopping in Belfast, then headed down the fast lane home......

.....with the promise of another similar concert in little more than 24 hours.

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2009, 07:16 PM
And some pictures from the second half......

The 'Ballad Section'

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01970.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01971.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01972.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01974.jpg

A slightly different angle..... :wink:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01973.jpg

Freypower
07-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Welcome, Remy. You took some great photos (particularly of Glenn).:thumbsup:

Freypower
07-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Wow, GA. Thanks for that. I am so glad 'our fearless leader' was in good form.

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2009, 07:23 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01982.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01983.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01984.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02005.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02006.jpg

This was meant to be one of Don but the screen changed

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02008.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02009.jpg

Me....... Biased.........never........ :wink:

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Just to prove my last comment

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01999.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02000.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02004.jpg

And this one's for Laura

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02017.jpg

Freypower
07-04-2009, 07:27 PM
:nahnah: Biased? Yeah..... keep it up!!! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2009, 07:29 PM
A few backdrops from the stage. The first three are from LROOE

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01986.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01987.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01989.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02020.jpg

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Wow, GA. Thanks for that. I am so glad 'our fearless leader' was in good form.

Oh he WAS FP! And even better in Dublin 2 nights later! Glad you liked the review.

07-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Absolutely wonderful review, GA. You, obviously, had a wonderful time. I really got a chuckle about Laura getting the guy straight on when they would play TIE because it reminded me of the Hampton show in January when everyone around us kept asking my niece, Eaglette, what's next? Wow, we have trained these girls right, haven't we!!! :lol:

Koala
07-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Thank you so much for your great review and the fantastic photos! :thumbsup:

Koala
07-05-2009, 02:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTJVTb1fbAY

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2009, 03:47 AM
One I missed last night (it was late :wink:)

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC02046.jpg

Remy
07-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi GA,

Terrific review.....and absolutely spot on.
Loved the photos and i personally think that having the centre floor all standing contributed to a brilliant atmosphere......i can't sit at an eagles concert and i think standing gets things rocking from the outset.

Having seen the Dublin clip....i think this lacked the same energy because it was all seating but thats just my humble opinion. BELFAST ROCKED!!!

BTW Heres the link to my web album of photos on the night....updated with pictures of the guitar pick that Janis got.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/remysharma/Eagles30062009#5354538400090593682

Remy
07-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Hi All,

Wow loved the above clip of Joe.
Uploaded a couple of photos of the guitar pick...
Please look at the photos in full screen mode as they look crap otherwise.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/remysharma/Eagles30062009#5354538400090593682

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Fan_For_Life
07-05-2009, 07:11 AM
i can't sit at an eagles concert and i think standing gets things rocking from the outset.

I can't sit at any concert. Even during the slow songs I prefer to dance and sing.

GlennLover
07-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Welcome Remy! Your pics are excellent in any size! Thanks for posting.

Boy am I jealous of your OH for getting picks from Glenn :partytime:! Glad you had a wonderful time at the concert .

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Hi GA,

i personally think that having the centre floor all standing contributed to a brilliant atmosphere......i can't sit at an eagles concert and i think standing gets things rocking from the outset.

Hi Remy
Believe me I'd prefer to be standing as well but as I've already said in the pre thread, the Odyssey don't allow under 16's to stand so as Laura is only 8 we had to go for the tiered seating. I'm glad you had such fun. Hopefully we'll meet up 'next time' (cos there WILL be a 'next time' ..... won't there???? :praying:)

There was plenty of standing space in Dublin behind the seated area.

Prettymaid
07-05-2009, 02:40 PM
GA, that was a great review, and thank you so much for the pictures! I particularly like this one...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC01974.jpg

sodascouts
07-06-2009, 12:42 AM
GA and Remy, love your pictures so much. Terrific!

Brooke
07-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Ga and Remy, sounds absolutely wonderful! Thanks for the fantastic reviews and so cool that Glenn and Stuart were so nice giving out picks! :thumbsup:

luvthelighthouse
07-14-2009, 11:22 PM
Here's some close up Joe love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTJVTb1fbAY&feature=related

Glennsallnighter
07-15-2009, 05:42 AM
Very good video. And thats the guitar (the gray strat) that I have the strings off!

Prettymaid
07-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Thanks LTL, I loved it! Not Joe's best vocal, but I love that he changes it up just enough to keep himself interested night after night. I'm sure they all do that. He looks great!

StephUK
07-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi everybody,

Finally got around to posting. Had a great time in Ireland. The Eagles shows were the high-light of our time there, but we also got around quite a bit & saw something of the Irish counryside. We didn't get very much sleep, so it's taken me ages to recover - and to come down to earth after seeing 4 Eagles shows. I'm still on Cloud 9 after seeing Will Hollis looking so gorgeous.

It was great to meet you, 'Glenns Allnighter' and little Laura at the Belfast show - sorry we didn't get to see you at the Dublin show. I see you have posted some great photo's; I'm still sorting through mine. I have hundreds of Will(of course) and quite a lot of all the Eagles from Belfast, Dublin, Glasgow & Birmingham. When I've sorted out the best ones I'll post them.

Our ILAA host Helen was such fun - she was doing all the European shows, so I saw her at all 4 shows. Thanks Helen for looking after us so well.

When I post the photos I'll also post some thoughts on the shows 'special moments.
Here are 2 photos from the Dublin show(just look at those tight jeans ladies!!) - please be patient for the rest.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagels%20Dublin%202%20July%202009/DSCN2111.jpg
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagels%20Dublin%202%20July%202009/DSCN2109.jpg

Steph

Troubadour
07-15-2009, 11:45 AM
OMG. So, so gorgeous. Thanks for posting, Steph, I'm glad you had a great time and got to meet Lisa & Laura. It sounds like a fantastic night.

As for the tight jeans... Oh, I'm looking!!! :nod: :thud:

luvthelighthouse
07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
Steph, OMG!!! Thanks for the wake up! Nice, I can't wait to see more.

I didn't know you were hitting FOUR shows. What an expierence that must have been. You are very lucky girl! I'm so jealous I can't even express in words!

Prettymaid
07-15-2009, 12:17 PM
As for the tight jeans... Oh, I'm looking!!! :nod: :thud:

Yes Steph, that's a very nice...package...er...of photos... :blush:

Troubadour
07-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Isn't it, PM? I knew there was a reason Joe caught my attention in Birmingham.

(Sorry! I'll be good now!...)

TimothyBFan
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagels%20Dublin%202%20July%202009/DSCN2111.jpg

Steph

Heaven help me.... :smitten::smitten::smitten::smitten:

I wont say it again, but you all know what I'm thinking!!!

Koala
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Steph, thanks for posting the photos!
Glad you had a great time! Canīt wait to see and hear more!

Prettymaid
07-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Isn't it, PM? I knew there was a reason Joe caught my attention in Birmingham.

(Sorry! I'll be good now!...)

;) Troub, it's okay, I've heard worse. That reminds me, where is Ticky?

Prettymaid
07-15-2009, 05:39 PM

:hmm: Something about jeans...

Troubadour
07-15-2009, 05:41 PM
That reminds me, where is Ticky?

Probably passed out somewhere. Thank goodness she had time to change her avatar before it all became too much! ;)

Troubadour
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM

Umm... Don's so sexy?

Prettymaid
07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Probably passed out somewhere. Thank goodness she had time to change her avatar before it all became too much! ;)

Dang her! When'd she do that? :hilarious:

Prettymaid
07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
I always really liked that pretty red guitar...

Troubadour
07-15-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL!!

Seriously. The more I look at it... If Joe ever does another solo album, he has to use that as the cover. Maybe with a full-size, fold-out poster inside... like they used to...

Prettymaid
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
LOL!!

Seriously. The more I look at it... If Joe ever does another solo album, he has to use that as the cover. Maybe with a full-size, fold-out poster inside... like they used to...

And what would be the name of the album, Troub - Little Joe? :rofl:

Okay, I'm stopping, I promise!

Troubadour
07-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Ain't nothin' little about that!!

Okay. Me too.

ticky
07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
sorry.. I got distracted licking my monitor screen.... Im back now...

ticky
07-15-2009, 07:44 PM
LOL!!

remember the Bruce Springsteen "Born in the USA" Album cover??? this could be like the REVERSE side of that.. *G*

dont stop now, I just got here!!!

eaglesvet
07-15-2009, 08:15 PM
PM and Ticky, I was admiring your respective avs...coincidence?? Yes, that would be quite a pair of HSG album covers, between Born in the USA and Red Git (or whatever the chosen name would be!)

luvthelighthouse
07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
You filthy, filthy women! I knew I liked you guys! :rofl:

sodascouts
07-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Dang, Steph, you know your way around a camera!

ETA: Now I understand why the female Joe fans are losing it. ;)

Troubadour
07-16-2009, 10:28 AM
PM and Ticky, I was admiring your respective avs...coincidence?? Yes, that would be quite a pair of HSG album covers, between Born in the USA and Red Git (or whatever the chosen name would be!)

I knew the inspiration came from somewhere! Good old Bruce.

I don't know about the album name, but I think PM has created a new Eagles-inspired guessing game, entitled Whose 'Guitar' Is This?

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/image.php?u=166&dateline=1247695069

Hours of fun! ;)

Prettymaid
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I don't know about the album name, but I think PM has created a new Eagles-inspired guessing game, entitled Whose 'Guitar' Is This?
Hours of fun! ;)

:rofl:Whew Troub, I'm glad you said guitar!

Of course, we would have to give Mr. Henley credit for the title. :wink:

Troubadour
07-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I'll give him alllll the credit he wants. (In the name of avoiding tedious, time-consuming lawsuits, obviously.)

Glennsallnighter
07-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi everybody,

It was great to meet you, 'Glenns Allnighter' and little Laura at the Belfast show - sorry we didn't get to see you at the Dublin show. I see you have posted some great photo's; I'm still sorting through mine. I have hundreds of Will(of course) and quite a lot of all the Eagles from Belfast, Dublin, Glasgow & Birmingham. When I've sorted out the best ones I'll post them.

Our ILAA host Helen was such fun - she was doing all the European shows, so I saw her at all 4 shows. Thanks Helen for looking after us so well.

When I post the photos I'll also post some thoughts on the shows 'special moments.
Here are 2 photos from the Dublin show(just look at those tight jeans ladies!!) - please be patient for the rest.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagels%20Dublin%202%20July%202009/DSCN2109.jpg

Steph

Glad you got back to the UK in one piece Steph. It was great meeting you and Phyll as well. We were in the 11th row in Dublin on Glenn :heart: and Timmy's side. In fairness to Helen, as 4 star seats they were excellent. Laura saw you putting up your banner for Will. I had my eyes on the MC at that stage (surprise surpeise!)
Your pics so far are great and I'm looking forward to seeing some more.

StephUK
07-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Here are my photos from the Belfast show. Security didn't stop us from using cameras. We were seated at the side of the stage though, so the Eagles video camera got in the way quite a bit. I'll post a few at a time. Hope you enjoy them.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast8i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast13i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast26ii.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast27i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast32i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast58ii.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast66i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast71i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast77i.jpg

StephUK
07-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Next 10

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast80i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast86i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast88i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast89i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast90i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast94i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast96i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast101ii.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast103i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast104i.jpg

StephUK
07-18-2009, 04:36 PM
...and the rest

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast106i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast107ii.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast108ii.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast111i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast112ii.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast115i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast116i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast118i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast120i.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast121i.jpg

GlennLover
07-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Very, very nice!! Thanks so much for posting.

Koala
07-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Thankīs for posting the great pictures!:)

AzEaglesFan
07-19-2009, 03:06 AM
Great pictures, thank you :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-19-2009, 07:16 AM
Oh BRILLIANT pica Steph! Brings it all back again!

Britt
07-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Beautiful pics! Thank you!!:partytime:

Prettymaid
07-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Thank you for all the pictures Steph. Looks like Joe needs to borrow Don's excercise bike! :hilarious:

Troubadour
07-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Steph. Great pics! I smiled when I saw the diving backdrop again - I loved the characterisation of Don when I saw it live! Very cute.

TimothyBFan
07-20-2009, 07:38 AM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc72/sonnetlvii/Eagles%20Belfast%2030%20June%202009/2009Belfast89i.jpg

Timothy is so into it here!!!

sodascouts
07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Steph, you and your camera ROCK!

StephUK
07-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks, sodascouts. Glad you like the photos.
Have lots from the Dublin show - just sorting out the best ones to post.