PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Scotland

Outlaw
07-02-2009, 12:37 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm Alan and I'm a 20 year old student from Inverness but currently living in Aberdeen. I've lurked around this board for a while now but have finally decided to get my own account.

My parents got me into The Eagles when I was around 12 years old and ever since then I've been absolutely hooked on their music. I was lucky enough to see them in the flesh on the Farewell 1 tour and will be seeing them again this Saturday.

So far while lurking I've noticed that everybody on this board is pleasant and full of good craic as we'd say here and I'm very much looking forward to hopefully becoming a part of your community.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Well, Outlaw, let me be the first to welcome you. If you are hooked on the Eagles, then you're definitely among friends here on The Border. :wink: Feel free to join right in and hope you enjoy yourself. We think this is a great community as well.

Troubadour
07-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi Alan, and welcome to The Border! I hope you have a wonderful time this Saturday in Glasgow seeing the guys. Post often!

EagleLady
07-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Welcome Alan! You will enjoy it here :):soda:

cynd1231
07-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Welcome, Outlaw! We're always glad to have another believer on board. I've been blessed to see the LROOE show several times here in the States, thanks to a dear friend and I have no doubt you're going to love every minute. Kudos to your folks for their excellent taste in fine music and ENJOY THE SHOW!

TimothyBFan
07-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Welcome Alan! Glad to have you on the Border. One of the other Borderers (Stars) will also be at the Glasgow show, so it will be interesting to hear both of your accounts of the show.

Glad to see your parents have raised you well!! I have done the same with my children. It didn't work so good with my 18 yr old son, but my 16 yr old daughter LOVES the Eagles and I even took her to a show with me last November.

Have a great time Saturday!!! Let us know all about it!

Koala
07-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Hello Alan, welcome to The Border! :)

Prettymaid
07-02-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey Outlaw, how ya doin'? Welcome to the Border and enjoy! Hope to hear back from you after your show!

Brooke
07-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Welcome from me, too, Outlaw! Glad you found us. This is a great place to be if you love the Eagles. There's tons of info here, too.

Be sure to come back and tell us about your concert Saturday. We want to hear all about it!

Outlaw
07-03-2009, 03:06 AM
Thanks for your kind words everybody, they're much appreciated. You'll definately hear back from me after the show on Saturday and as I'm pretty close to the stage I should have a couple of good pictures as well.

Glennsallnighter
07-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Hi Alan! Welcome from Ireland as well. I hope you have a brilliant time in Glasgow on Saturday night. I've just been to the Belfast gig last Tuesday and the Dublin one last night. I have some pics up and will be putting up some more. I'm trying to raise my kids properly :wink: Last night was my 8 year old daughters 3rd Eagles gig and my 5 year old sons 1st gig. Hope you enjoy posting and have a great night Saturday

Outlaw
07-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Thank you very much and I'm glad to see you're raising your kids correctly :p I've been doing this with my nephew and while he may only be 13 years old he's already into artists such as The Eagles, Dylan, Tom Waits and Cohen. A job well done I think...

Peekaboo
07-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Hello Alan and welcome from me as well!!! In the beginning I was a lurker like you but I'm glad that I decided to join the Border. The community here is as wonderful and friendly as can be. I'm happy for you and even a little :jealous: that you get to see the guys in concert this saturday. I can't wait to hear about it. Please hurry back with all of the details.

Peekaboo
07-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Thank you very much and I'm glad to see you're raising your kids correctly :p I've been doing this with my nephew and while he may only be 13 years old he's already into artists such as The Eagles, Dylan, Tom Waits and Cohen. A job well done I think...

Definitely a job well done, Alan :thumbsup:. I'm doing the same with my 5 year old neice. Her favorite song is Hotel California.

GlennLover
07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Welcome from me as well! I also first went online just to view the posts on The Border for several months, until I finally signed up. I enjoy it immensely, although I don't have a whole lot of time to post.

Enjoy the concert. As you can tell, we here will be anxiously waiying for a review :).

sodascouts
07-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Welcome, Alan! Can't wait to hear about the show!

anne-o-gg
07-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Welcome Alan! Glad to have you along...have fun at the concert!!! :thumbsup:

Fan_For_Life
07-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Hi Outlaw, glad you decided to join us. I'm not one for lurking I prefer to jump in the water, sharks or not, lol. I was 6 yrs younger than you when I was introduced to the Eagles. And my children were much younger than that, the Eagles are the only favorite band of mine they don't get tired of hearing. :)

AmarilloByMorning
08-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome Outlaw Alan. Scotland! Land of David Tennant! (Kidding... I'm a Doctor Who fanatic; all apologies.) Also, not that it matters, but you selected my absolute favorite photo of Joe Walsh as your avatar... you have excellent taste. :thumbsup:

Jump in anytime! I'm quite opinionated and fully expected to be eaten alive by this point. Luckily, they have endured me thus far and you seem a decent fellow, so stop lurking and join the fray. :-D