PDA

View Full Version : Hamburg, Germany 7-16-09

EasyFeeling
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
OMG, what a night :shock: I just got back home but had to come here to tell you I had a fantastic night.

We were sitting in the second row, don't know why because we had 4th row tickets, but the first row had the number 3 so we had our seats in number 4 but it was second row LOL I know this is confusing LOL

They came out a few minutes after 8 pm and played for 3 hours, with a 15 minutes break. They wore the suits, no change of clothes but without the jackets in the second half. Glenn was wearing his jacket during the whole show but not during the acoustic set. Is this right, Koala? I'm not sure. I know I said I didn't like the suits but have to say they looked terrific in them. It doesn't matter what they are wearing anyway it's all about the music.

But what I'm saying you all know it already they were FANTASTIC. I don't remember all the details in the moment I'm tired. The sound was great, their voices clear as crystal, Joe blew me away with his guitar solos in ITC, which was different from what I've heard before.

I remember I said LROOE was my last favorite on the album and someone replied, wait until you hear it live. And with good reason... that was terrific, one of the best songs today. The guitar playing was absolutely great, I was sitting there with my mouth wide open.
WITW was the song I looked forward to the most and they didn't disappoint. The harmonies were beautiful.
They were all in a good mood, Joe funny as always, Glenn chatty with introducing the songs. Timmy got lots of cheers, of course the others too. And Don's voice is awesome as always.

As much as I liked the set list I missed NKIT and TS a bit, but the new songs made me forget that really fast. The only thing is they really could drop the solo songs and include some more of the last album.
I liked the videos in the backgroud but was more focussed on the guys so I can't tell you much LOL I didn't want to miss anything.

I'm sure Koala will post some more. Too bad I couldn't take some photos, I tried it but the first turned out very bad so I stopped doing that.

I'm off to bed now and look foward what Koala has to say :) We met before the show and had the chance to chat a little bit.

Good night everyone. :)

I forgot to say someone gave Timmy a red rose at the end... now I regret that I had not one for Glenn. It was easy to go to the guys if you wanted to give them something. Damn :brickwall:

Freypower
07-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the review EF!

Prettymaid
07-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Goodnight EF and sweet dreams! :zzz::inlove:

luvthelighthouse
07-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a fantastic time. I wish I were there! I bet whoever gave Timmy that rose was in heaven that she was able to do so.

I'm happy to hear you had a great time.

Koala
07-17-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks for your review!

It was really nice to meet you! :)

Now, I write my review, patience please!

EasyFeeling
07-17-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm still on cloud 9 :inlove:

Here's the first review, it was written by a young reporter who has of course heard from the Eagles, but only in a karaoke bar LOL And he's totally impressed.

http://ndr2.de/events/eagles106.html

If you click on the photo in the right upper corner you can see some photos.

I put it in the translator, terrible what came out LOL I had to correct here and there.

The experimental arrangement is simple: A reporter in early 30 - musicians beyond the 60th. The conditions of the experiment are very difficult: Sure, I have already heard from the Eagles - but only in the Karaokebar. Eagles? Definitely not my time to my music.
At the end, but surprisingly the result of the self-experiment: I'm highly impressed!

The impression started just by looking at the clock: three hours Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy Schmit played in the Hamburg Arena. And one gets the impression that they were not even thinking to stop that.

It started clear and straight forward - out of nowhere without a big fuss - with "How Long". These bright white light, gray suits and serious ties.

The Eagles put the music in the center from the very beginning - the tunes are the stars. A video show in the background, there are either no or only pleasantly restrained pictures. The first half of the show is more catchy and restrained - then later disappear not only the jackets, even the sound is getting stronger and the guitar solos are getting longer and more powerful.

They brought eight guest musicians in Hamburg for assistance on the scene. Trumpets, saxophones and percussion - plus piano and mandolin and many guitars of course. The Eagles changed their instruments in their appearance more often than Madonna costumes. Don Henley once played on the guitar, then he sits back on the drums and sings his greatest Solohit "The Boys Of Summer". And while Joe Walsh sings with his incredible very own voice "In The City", bubbling sounds come out of his guitar.
It is a live concert in perfection. Not one false tone, everything fits together perfectly.

And the same goes for the voices. "No More Walks In The Wood" reduces everything to the chorus of four - the acoustic guitars disappear entirely in the background. As Timothy Schmit is singing "I Do not Want To Hear", the voices of the others went into purr. But it is not the only perfection that impressed. It seems as if the Eagles bring their guitars to talk - perhaps even to make magic. This may sound corny - but with "Long Road Out Of Eden", the settlement with the Bush policy, only beseechingly guitar sound, then they sound suing. And in "Waiting In The Weeds", it sounds like a gently summer rain. The Eagles make it, spirit from nowhere and probably this is what they made them legends.

And in the end, the Eagles were making fun on themselves, as old photos and movies flit across the screen. The band in dazzlingly colorful and oversized clothes - sometimes with terrifying mustaches. It is a wink - they seem to know what their songs mean to the fans.
The Eagles are more than 240 years ond together. Their history is long and volatile. They were divided, separated and reunited - were already on farewell tour - and are still in business. And that seems to be right!

TimothyBFan
07-17-2009, 07:46 AM
Glad to hear back from you two and that you enjoyed the show. Glad you were able to meet up before.

Nice review, I especially love toward the end, "And the same goes for the voices. "No More Walks In The Wood" reduces everything to the chorus of four - the acoustic guitars disappear entirely in the background. As Timothy Schmit is singing "I Do not Want To Hear", the voices of the others went into purr. But it is not the only perfection that impressed. It seems as if the Eagles bring their guitars to talk - perhaps even to make magic. This may sound corny - but with "Long Road Out Of Eden", the settlement with the Bush policy, only beseechingly guitar sound, then they sound suing. And in "Waiting In The Weeds", it sounds like a gently summer rain. The Eagles make it, spirit from nowhere and probably this is what they made them legends.". Really nice to hear it put like that!

Gotta say tho, the pictures just crack me up! I swear every time I pull up pictures with the suits anymore, I think I've already seen them before. I think they are the same ones but are getting recycled into each new review. There is a cute one of Will there and love the one of Joe with his arms wide spread.

Koala
07-17-2009, 09:17 AM
What should I say,
now I have seen my first Eagles concert and it was great!
After the admittance one steward told us our block was closed. We got new tickets with better seats and with a better view of the stage.
I was of course totally excited like the last days and couldnīt wait until it finally started!

Then shortly before the start I met with Michaela, unfortunately it was a short meeting but it was very nice!

Then, finally, it started!
When I heard the first sounds by How Long I got a goose bumps! It was amazing an unbelievable feeling!
Heartache Tonight is one of my Eagles favorite songs it was great to hear it live!
Peaceful Easy Feeling, Lyin' Eyes, Take It To the Limit and No More Cloudy Days, these four songs were incredibly well sung by Glenn!
His voice sounds great last night!

When Glenn announced NMCD, Don said in between it the song is Track 8 from the LROOE album!
And of course also there came the joke with the dead sea, this time told by Glenn.

I Do not Want To Hear Anymore, Love will Keep Us Alive and I Can not Tell You Why sounded fantastic!

Joe's Walk Away, Funk 49, In The City, Life's Been Good and Rocky Mountain Way were breathtakingly good! His solos were out of this world!

Joe has a new fan, the boyfriend of my sister, he he was fascinated from Joe! They were previously skeptical because the two knew no song or only a few!

Hotel California was brilliant, Don sounded very well (and looked very good with his stubbles!)
That was also the first time all the viewers in our block stood, not for the last time! The Boys of Summer was great too, the audience stood the next time! Dirty Laundry the next Highlight! The audience stood again! It was a great mood! Witchy Woman, Life In The Fast Lane and One of these Nights were of course great too, really brilliantly sung from Don! The Long Run just great!

One of the Highliths for me were No More Walks in The Wood and Waiting On The Weeds! The harmonies sounded fantastically,
their voices was clean! Magnificent!

Long Road Out Of Eden was incredible! I just sat there and was speechless! Just Happy!
From Heartache Tonight nearly the whole audiences tood and they stayed up to the end!

Now to Take It Easy and Desperado these both songs were another highlight!
Both songs were very emotional for me! Firstly because they are my favorite songs and secondly because I knew that the concert is over in a few minutes!

Unfortunately, they have not played Somebody and BBF!

These two songs I had heard so gladly!

What I can still say.................... ah, I know!
I would like to see an Eagles concert again! It was unbelievable, an unforgettable night! I am still very excited, however, also a little bit sadly!
I have so long waited for the concert and now it's over! What comes now?

So that's it! This was my review!

Stars
07-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Koala, I loved your review-I felt like I was seeing them all over again!
I know what you mean about looking forward to the concert and now it's over-I feel the same way about the Glasgow concert-I looked forward to it for so many months, and now it's all over. However, being here on the board certainly helps a lot, so stick with us, and we can give you lots of encouragement!:thumbsup:
You did a great job on the concert review, and I'm so glad you enjoyed the concert so much-our guys are certainly the best, aren't they??:inlove:

TimothyBFan
07-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Koala--WELL SAID!!! :thumbsup: Very good review and so glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully you will get another chance to see them. Until then, hold this show in your memories!!!

Stars
07-17-2009, 09:26 AM
EF, your review was wonderful-so glad you had such a great time! Our guys certainly put on a great show, don't they?:inlove:

Prettymaid
07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
What I can still say.................... ah, I know!
I would like to see an Eagles concert again! It was unbelievable, an unforgettable night! I am still very excited, however, also a little bit sadly!
I have so long waited for the concert and now it's over! What comes now?

Aww, Koala, it's sort of like Christmas to a child, isn't it?

Now you have us to talk to and remember with. Most of us have been exactly where you are now. It sounds like your PEW has already begun! But we all get through it...together. :grouphug:

EasyFeeling
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm glad that you were feeling like me, Koala. But I didn't expect anything else 8) And so cool your sister and her friend had so much fun. Joe was definitely everybody's darling. When he started to talk and you all know what it sounds like the crowd were laughing.

Yeah, when Glenn introduced NMCD and Don said that, that was hilarious LOL The audience cracked up. He's got such a dry sense of humor sometimes.

What I forgot to ask... maybe someone here knows anything about it. Sometimes I had the feeling Glenn's arthritis (it was that, wasn't it) seemed to discomfort him sometimes. When I went in 2006 there was no signs of it, at least not to me but yesterday I thought "ouch" when I watched him closely. I talked to a girl who was sitting next to me and she wondered about it. I told her about it and she said "ah ok, I understand".

Aaaaah, don't talk about PEW, Cathy :cry: It already started when I left the venue.

Prettymaid
07-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah, when Glenn introduced NMCD and Don said that, that was hilarious LOL The audience cracked up. He had such a dry sense of humor sometimes.

Hmmm, usually Glenn does the Track 8 joke...sounds like you got a Don treat!

EasyFeeling
07-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Ah ok, I didn't know or forgot it. They seem to switch from time to time. It was also Don who talked about the short break. That's what Glenn is usually doing.

cynd1231
07-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Thank you, EF and Koala, for your quick posts. Nothing more frustrating for us than knowing our guys have just given another stellar performance and having to wait for the feedback. Love the photos on the link, too.

It warms my heart to hear everyone talking about their concert experiences. I've been blessed to be there several times here in the States (BOY, DID I GET LUCKY ON THIS TOUR!) and holding the memories of those shows close to my heart gives me such joy.

Three more European shows and our boys return to their home soil for a well-deserved and hard-earned break (heavy sigh of sadness -- about the break, that is). Nothing pending on the schedule after Lisbon but stay tuned to eaglesband.com for more dates out here in the western part of the country. They've only done Salt Lake City so far so those of us in the vicinity of the Continental Divide and the San Adreas Fault still have a few shows to anticipate in 2010!!

Troubadour
07-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the reviews, ladies. Glad you had a great time. Second row - wow!

As PM says, we're here for you, regarding the PEW. It is hard. I've been dealing with it for the past week or so! Hold onto those memories! Sounds like the guys were on good form.

luvthelighthouse
07-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Koala, thanks for that! I'm so happy you finally got to see them. What comes next? Lot's of longing for them to come back! Sounds like you really had fun.

I use youtube to get my fix of the guys. I just love to hear and watch them.

Brooke
07-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Koala and EF, thanks so much for your wonderful reviews! I'm glad you two got to meet and that the show was awesome as usual.

So it was easy to give them something after the show? Now, just why are they so easy to get close to in Europe and not here in the states?

EasyFeeling
07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
I also use youtube, the only way for me.

I have no clue, Brooke... that woman just walked to the stage and gave Timmy the rose. When he saw her coming over he moved forward to accept.

I've just read in another review the guys played one more song in the encore as in other German cities. Do we have a set list from other cities here? They played TIE and of course Desperado. What was the third song, Koala?

TimothyBFan
07-17-2009, 01:26 PM
I have no clue, Brooke... that woman just walked to the stage and gave Timmy the rose. When he saw her coming over he moved forward to accept.

And that's when I would of dropped the rose, bumped my head when I bent over to get it and then tripped and pushed him off the stage while handing it to him! :blush: I just know that would be MY scenerio!

EasyFeeling
07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Willie http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Brooke, now you know why it's allowed here in Europe and not in the USA. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Koala
07-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks ladies, glad you like the review! :)
Yeah, my PEW has started now! :-?

Glenn was wearing his jacket during the whole show but not during the acoustic set. Is this right, Koala? I'm not sure.
I mean, Glenn didnīt wearing his jacket also after the acoustic set. He was wearing his jacket again when they came back on stagt to play Take it Easy.

EasyFeeling
07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Hmmm... are you sure? I only remember he was wearing the jacket and the other 3 not.

I was just looking for videos on youtube, nothing :roll:

Koala
07-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Hmmm... are you sure?
Yes, I am, my sister says the same, however, we can both deceive us!

I only remember he was wearing the jacket and the other 3 not. thatīs right, but , Don wearing his jacket too, when he sang Desperado.

EasyFeeling
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
True. Anyway, I wish I could turn the clock back to yesterday. :inlove:

Koala
07-17-2009, 02:28 PM
True. Anyway, I wish I could turn the clock back to yesterday. :inlove:
Yeah, I wish me the same!

Glennsallnighter
07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks ladies, glad you like the review! :)
Yeah, my PEW has started now! :-?

I mean, Glenn didnīt wearing his jacket also after the acoustic set. He was wearing his jacket again when they came back on stagt to play Take it Easy.

That sounds similar to Belfast also.

Wonderful reviews girls. I sincerely hope they schedule more gigs, and soon. I've had PEW for the last 2 weeks so I'm here with you. I know what its like. You build yourself up sooooo high only to drop when it finishes. But at least we can all come here to relive our wonderful memories and anticipate more to come.

Eagles :iloveyou:

Glenn :heart: Frey :iloveyou:

Freypower
07-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Ah ok, I didn't know or forgot it. They seem to switch from time to time. It was also Don who talked about the short break. That's what Glenn is usually doing.

Since they started playing The Long Run before intermission, Don does the 'short break' thing.

The third song in the encore has occasionally been Rocky Mountain Way. How I wish they would stop this chopping and changing and finalise the setlist once and for all, or if they insist on dropping songs, replace them with others.

Those photos aren't bad, but I wish they were bigger.

Glad you both had a good time.

EasyFeeling
07-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Thanks for your answer, FP. I should have read more reviews here maybe I had known then.

Yes, it was RMW. And I agree with all these changings. The fourth song was HC, I seem to remember they once opened the show with that but I'm not sure. My memory is really bad when it comes to setlists or order of songs.

Oops, I got it wrong opening with HC, I've read it again. So forget it.

Koala
07-18-2009, 07:06 AM
I've had PEW for the last 2 weeks so I'm here with you. I know what its like. You build yourself up sooooo high only to drop when it finishes. But at least we can all come here to relive our wonderful memories and anticipate more to come.

Yeah, PWE feels like a slap in the stomach!
Luckily there are people here who understand this and with which you can talk about it!

Koala
07-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Oh, I have forgotten my photos,
unfortunately, the most of my pictures have a verry bad quality, I donīt know why!:brickwall::-(
These both are still the best!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/EaglesKonzert1672009Hamburg064.jpg?t=1247921812

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/EaglesKonzert1672009Hamburg033.jpg?t=1247921956

Prettymaid
07-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Nice pictures Koala! Thank you for posting them. Now we see where you sat.

Stars
07-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Lovely photos, Koala! It's great seeing the whole stage and the entire band together. The colors were really pretty too! Thank you for putting them up for us to see.:thumbsup:

Brooke
07-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Those are great Koala! Thanks for sharing them. At least you have 'your own'. There's just something about taking your own pics of these important things.

StephUK
07-18-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm suffering from post-Eagles-withdrawal-syndrome too (and post-Will-Hollis-withdrawal-syndrome). You just have to keep visiting the board, reading other people's reviews, looking at the photos over again and downloading from youtube.

I've posted my Belfast photos. Working on the Dublin ones next, which I think are probably the best ones. Then I have Glasgow & Birmingham to sort out. Hope they help a little for everyone suffering PEWS.

Love
Steph

p.s. you never forget your first Eagles show!

luvthelighthouse
07-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Oh Steph, I'm so excited for Dublin photos! I can't wait. Thanks in advance!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Michaela and Koala - I know I'm a bit late here, but thank you both for your awesome reviews. It's great that the two of you met before the show, and I'm glad you both had a wonderful time. Unfortunately, the dreaded PEW is inevitable - I've had it since January, and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight! :wink:

Koala
07-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Thanks everyone :grouphug:
This is my new desktopbackground, I think for a long time!
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/EaglesKonzert1672009Hamburg064.jpg?t=1247921812

Hope they help a little for everyone suffering PEWS. I am sure the pictures help a little bit !

p.s. you never forget your first Eagles show!
This is right, I will never forget this concert!

Unfortunately, the dreaded PEW is inevitable - I've had it since January, and there doesn't seem to be any end in sight! :wink:
Since January? So long!? oh no! :shock:

Koala
07-19-2009, 03:55 AM
another fairly good picture

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/EaglesKonzert1672009Hamburg069.jpg?t=1247990045

EasyFeeling
07-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Ooooooooooooh, pictures :partytime: Thanks for posting them, Koala. They are very good.

Prettymaid
07-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Keeping that picture as your desktop is a good idea, Koala. I'm still using Maleah's picture slideshow from Chicago, Sept, 2008 as my screen saver. They bring back such fond memories!

GlennLover
07-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks for posting the pics & the reviews, Koala. I hate to tell you that PEW can last for a very long time. My one & only time seeing the guys was last Aug & I think that I am still felling some PEW. Thank goodness for The Border or I don't think that I would have made it through. Well maybe, but it would be darn hard :)!

Koala
07-20-2009, 01:43 AM
I hate to tell you that PEW can last for a very long time. My one & only time seeing the guys was last Aug & I think that I am still felling some PEW.

and I thought that PEW has disappeared after a week or so !

Keeping that picture as your desktop is a good idea, Koala. I'm still using Maleah's picture slideshow from Chicago, Sept, 2008 as my screen saver. They bring back such fond memories!
yes I think that was a good idea to use this pic!
whenever I see the pic, I must smile and I think of the concert!

sodascouts
07-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm late as well, but I've loved reading these reviews. EF - don't feel bad about mixing up a few things. I know that after I see the Eagles (or even an Eagle solo) my mind is blown! I've actually taken to writing down notes immediately after the show, before the details get all mixed up in my brain. I don't want to forget a thing!

Thank you, ladies, for taking the time to share your memories and in the case of Koala, the photos. Like EF, my concert photos come out terribly. I think the last time I took a good one was 2001. Sad but true!

Koala
07-21-2009, 01:29 AM
Thanks again, glad you like the pic and the review! :)

Ilia
07-24-2009, 04:15 PM
Just came back to my home in Austria from a few days vacation in Germany and the best of it all: the Eagles in Hamburg. I'm still so excited despite it's over a week after the show but my emotions are still very high. I'm so grateful that I found this board so I can share my emotions and now I know what's going on with me: it's PEW. The show in Hamburg was really great, I was lucky enough to see them in Munich and Vienna also but Hamburg was definitely the best due to the Colorline Arena which is a perfect location. I could hear details there that I couldn't hear in Vienna or Munich.
And I also think that the guys were in perfect shape in Hamburg, you could see that they're having fun on stage and I never saw Don so much smiling.
Sometimes I wonder if they know how much happiness they're bringing to people all around the globe and how important their music is. During the short break in Hamburg I saw Joe's wife Marjorie being brought to her place in the VIP area and for a few seconds I thought about saying this to her but she was so busy with her mobile phone and I didn't want to be impolite.
Now I'm back in "real life" which is a little bit disappointing at the moment as all I want to do is listen to the Eagles, talk about the Eagles, see the Eagles, etc........ So I'm really glad to be here with people who understand what I'm feeling, thank you.
Please excuse my english, it's not my native language and I didn't use it very often in the last years.

Brooke
07-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Welcome to The Border, Ilia! I'm so glad you found us and that you are sharing your thoughts about the shows you have seen. Wow, three shows! Very :cool: Aren't the Eagles just wonderful?!

Hang in there with that PEW! Lots of visits here will help with that, along with regular viewings of Farewell 1 and HFO dvd's and much listening to cds.

Btw, your english is working wonderfully! :thumbsup:

Ilia
07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Brooke for the warm welcome. Just started viewing Farewell 1, it helps a bit.
I really do hope there will be a chance to see them again.
This board is a great opportunity for me to practice english. Can't imagine a better way to learn a language.

GlennLover
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Welcome, Ilia! You've certainly come to the right place if you are suffering from PEW! The Border really helped me last year with mine!

By the way, I would say that you have already learned the English language :thumbsup:.

Prettymaid
07-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey Ilia, how you doing? Thanks for sharing about your shows. Do you have a favorite Eagle?

sodascouts
07-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Welcome, Ilia! As everyone has said, your English is quite good, but practicing on the Eagles is such fun that I'd say you should practice a lot anyway. ;)

Koala
07-25-2009, 02:53 AM
Welcome Ilia!
Three shows verry cool!
I was also in Hamburg and I must agree with you, the guys were really in perfect shape, they sounded really great!

Ilia
07-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome, I feel very comfortable here.
I must confess that my favourite Eagle changes from time to time, don't know exactly why. I started with Glenn Frey over in the 90s during HFO, than during FW1 it was Joe Walsh and now it's Don as I think he's very powerful on this tour. Especially in Hamburg I had the impression that he was very well aware of what artistic work he has created over the years and I had the feeling that he was enjoying presenting it to the audience. Very special.

Prettymaid
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
It is hard to choose just one, isn't it? Well, I don't think I'll be giving up Joe any time soon! ;-)

luvthelighthouse
07-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi Ilia! :bye: Welcome aboard. That was such a nice thing you said about Don. I have to admit, I as all about Glenn when I first really got into the Eagles... but after seeing Timothy live, I converted! Us women, we are so fickle. :hilarious: Do doubt though, they are all awesome. Great band anyway we look at them.

sodascouts
07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah, I've done some switching too! As many of you already know, when I first got hardcore into the Eagles I was into Don Henley after seeing him perform with Stevie Nicks. However, in the course of listening to the Eagles more and more, I started liking Glenn's voice better... and seeing him live sold me on him even more... and it just snowballed after that, lol. I've been into Glenn the most ever since, but I love ALL the guys.

Stars
07-26-2009, 09:38 PM
I have also switched! A friend of mine is always telling me how fickle I am.:hilarious:
At any rate, I started out being a huge Glenn fan (I still love him), but after seeing the Eagles in Philadelphia back in November, I became quite smitten with Don. After seeing them in Glasgow earlier this month, I discovered that I am still quite besotted with Mr. Henley!:heart::smitten::inlove:

GlennLover
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
That's allright ladies, all the more Glenn for me :hilarious: :thumbsup:.

Freypower
07-27-2009, 03:23 AM
(whispers).....

30 years, October 2.....

TimothyBFan
07-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Hey Ilia--when you going to come to your senses and convert to Tim? :hilarious: No switching here-EVER- it's been Tim only since 1978, since the day I opened up the fold of the Long Run--I was lost!

Ilia
07-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Wow, 31 years with the same man :applause:, congratulations. But when I look at the pictures in your signature I can understand you.

Stars
07-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Ilia-welcome to the board! I look forward to reading your posts-I know you will enjoy yourself here-a nicer bunch of people would be hard to find!:)

corinnAnna
07-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Hallo from Germany !

Iīm very glad that Iīve found this website...I had the pleasure to enjoy 2 concerts ( Cologne & Hamburg) and what can I say.... I have no words..
It was breathtaking & Iīm still on cloud nine... :partytime:My Highlight: I have now three picks....!!!!

My photos for you:

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/CorinnAnna/Eagles%20Cologne%20170609/

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/CorinnAnna/Eagles%20Cologne%20170609/Eagles%20Hamburg%20160709/

:)

07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
Welcome corinn - we are glad you found us, too. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us and I hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. Now, you have to tell us - how did you get your guitar picks for Timothy, Don, and Glenn?

sodascouts
07-30-2009, 11:58 PM
Welcome from me, too! I appreciate you posting links to your photos - we can never get enough of those!

Koala
07-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Welcome corinn,:) thanks for sharing your pics with us!
I hope you have a lot of fun here!

eaglesfever
07-31-2009, 06:17 AM
Welcome CorinnAnna from Switzerland! Have fun here!

Prettymaid
07-31-2009, 07:01 AM
A big welcome from me too corrinAnna. I hope you enjoy yourself here! Thanks for the pix!

TimothyBFan
07-31-2009, 07:42 AM
I'd like to welcome you also corrinAnna! And what a way to start with beautiful pictures of the guys!!! :thumbsup: As Dreamer said, please fill us in on the picks!

Brooke
07-31-2009, 10:42 AM
corrinA! Welcome to The Border and thank you so much for the fabulous Eagles pictures! You can never get enough of America's greatest band! At least I can't anyway!

And yes, you must fess up about getting those picks from 3 different Eagles! Unbelievable! :thumbsup:

corinnAnna
07-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Thank you all for this overwhelming welcome !
:hilarious:

It would be wonderful if I could write you that THEY gave the pics to me....!!! but a sweet roadie was so nice....

nevertheless it was a funny experience in Cologne: Me and My friend "Mrs. Schmit :)"(sheīs also now a member here) sat upstairs until the last three songs ... But then there was no holding back..!!!!. We decided to try to go to the stage.. But AAAAAHH it was sooooo hard and we had to use WOMEN POWER.. They donīt want to let us pass but we smiled :) and smiled :) and smiled :) and then in the end we were a few rows away from the stage in the central corridor... It was more than words can say as Don started with "Desperado" ... After the GREAT GUYS said Goodbye ( I was trying to make a picture of Tim but all my pictures of Tim are out of focus :-() we waited on the stage and there he was: OUR HERO-ROADIE... We smiled and asked him if he has some guitar pics and he gave us just one.... After a little bit waiting we went away... and then there was the roadie again.. he left the stage only to give each of us three guitar pics...:thumbsup:

In Hamburg we met this roadie again.... but of course he didnīt recognize us...

My english is not so good and I hope that you can understand it...:eyebrow:

but to write here in english is a good practice for me...

I was so happy to go to the concerts and now they are already over :-(

Kind regards :)

07-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Thanks for sharing the story about the picks. corinn. That is awesome that you and Mrs. Schmit were able to get them. I guess you were both rewarded because rather than just sit back - you decided to go up to the stage and "Do Something"! :thumbsup:

Now, with regard to switching Eagles, any of you that have been around for awhile are familiar with my story, so I'll try to keep it short. In the beginning, I liked Glenn best because he was the most visible member and had most of the early hits. But by the time the mid-70's rolled around, I became equally enthralled with Don and remained that way until 2005. In October of that year, I attended the Oakland, CA concert (yep - I traveled from Virginia), and was lucky enough to have a 3rd row center seat. That was the night, I became mesmerized by Mr. Frey. And nothing that has happened since has changed my mind one single bit! :wink: However, I love the rest of the guys, too. They are one awesome, freakin' talented bunch of guys!!! :nod: :nod:

Ilia
07-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Hallo from Germany !

Iīm very glad that Iīve found this website...I had the pleasure to enjoy 2 concerts ( Cologne & Hamburg) and what can I say.... I have no words..
It was breathtaking & Iīm still on cloud nine... :partytime:My Highlight: I have now three picks....!!!!

My photos for you:

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/CorinnAnna/Eagles%20Cologne%20170609/

http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/CorinnAnna/Eagles%20Cologne%20170609/Eagles%20Hamburg%20160709/

:)

Welcome corinnAnna from me too and special thanks for your Hamburg Photos, I also saw this show and your photos bring back all my memories

GlennLover
07-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Welcome from Canada, corinnAnna! Thanks so much for posting the photos. Glad you got to see the guys in more than one concert & that the roadie gave you those pics! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the story, corrinAnna! I love that you and Mrs. Schmit were able to work that woman power to get close and get picks... you go, girl!

EasyFeeling
08-23-2009, 06:34 AM
Welcome to the board, corinnAnna :) Very cool that you were able to get those picks. And thank you for posting your pictures. In one I could see Timmy holding the rose :)

ticky
08-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Hey corinnAnna and welcome! You've found the right place for Eagles fans. Lucky you to have seen two concerts this tour, Im still waiting for one. You're pictures were terrific and how exciting to get the pics from the show! even if they were from the roadie and not the guys themselves. Thanks again for sharing and Im looking forward to hearing more from you!

Koala
09-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Just I found a video from Hamburg
It sounds great!
Desperado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avjYU37mNps