PDA

View Full Version : Don singing "Yes It Is"

Stars
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM
While over in Scotland, I picked up a CD of songs from Neil Young's annual Bridge School benefit concert. Imagine my surprise and delight, when I found that Don does a Beatles song on there, "Yes It Is". I was looking on YouTube and did find a video of it, but no sound, for some strange reason.:-(
However, the version on the Bridge School CD is absolutely sublime. Has anyone else heard this? It was quite a wonderful surprise for me to hear it!:)

Troubadour
07-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Yes, I discovered the Bridge School version a couple of months ago. It is great, isn't it? The part towards the end from "I could be happy" always gets me! :heart:

Prettymaid
07-19-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm certainly familiar with The Beatles' version - great song!

Freypower
07-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Don's version of Yes It Is is sublime. As with Glenn's I Saw Her Standing There, I get a huge kick out of hearing them sing the Beatles. More please!

DonFan
07-19-2009, 08:28 PM
I have a boot of that Bridge School benefit and ALL Don's songs are wonderful, especially Yes It Is. It is even better because Timothy and J. D. Souther sing on Don's set with him too. Great stuff!

GlennLover
07-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I just searched for it too and got this message: "This video contains an audio track that has not been authorized by WMG. The audio has been disabled."

I then noticed that the video was "compliments of donhenleyonline.com" so I went there to see if I could hear the audio. I could! So just click http://www.donhenleyonline.com/multimedia/live/yesitisshoreline86.mpg to download it.

I might have known that Soda et al would have known about this video :hilarious:. Thanks to everyone who contributes to donhenleyonline.

Stars
07-19-2009, 11:46 PM
GL, thanks for posting the link, so we could see and HEAR the song! I just went and watched it, and I loved seeing them sing it. What a lovely, lovely version of that song-made my heart skip a beat several times!:heart::heart:
Thanks also to Soda for all the work you do for donhenleyonline!:thumbsup:

Stars
07-20-2009, 10:23 AM
FP, where can I hear Glenn singing "I Saw Her Standing There"? Being a great lover of Beatles music, I would LOVE to hear Glenn sing that song!:heart:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-20-2009, 12:16 PM
I love the way Don sings "Yes It Is" - he really does the song justice.

Stars, I went over to Glenn Frey Online to see if Soda has "I Saw Her Standing There" downloaded, but I couldn't find it. Glenn performed the song in a 1992 San Diego show, along with awesome covers of My Girl and Rocky Mountain Way. There are downloads of the latter two, but no ISHST. Here is the link if you want to check them out.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/downloads/multimedialivevideo.htm

Freypower
07-20-2009, 09:27 PM
Also, the version of ISHST is part of a medley with Partytown, but it really rocks.

Stars
07-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Dreamer, thanks so much for the link to check out Glenn doing "My Girl" and "Rocky Mountain Way". I will be very anxious to hear him sing those songs! I did hear him sing a tiny bit of "My Girl" at the Philly concert, and it left me wanting more! I do think Glenn would do a great version of that song, which happens to be one of my all time favorite songs!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I love Don's version of that. Sometimes, out of nowhere, it'll pop into my head: "For red is the color that will make me blue, in spite of you, it's true." I believe Tim is also harmonizing in the Bridge School benefit along with JD Souther, or am I misremembering? Regardless, they really do it up right.

As far as Glenn goes, here's the Partytown/I Saw Her Standing There medley, from a Tokyo show in 1992:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/PartytownISHSTTokyo92.mp3

Enjoy folks!

And thank you so much for the kind words! :)

Ive always been a dreamer
07-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Thanks for that, Soda - I thought for sure you had it on GFO, but when I went to find it, I totally forgot that it was a medley with Partytown. :shock:

Stars
07-21-2009, 09:27 AM
I just watched Glenn singing "My Girl", and wow! It really made me long to see him in a solo concert. Those of you who have seen him solo, does he often play "My Girl"? He really did a wonderful version-I also loved the finger snaps!:heart:

I also listened to the Partytown/I Saw Her Standing There medley, and I thought both of those songs went so well together. I had thought that Glenn was only going to sing a snippet of "I Saw Her Standing There", but it seemed he did the entire song, and that was a REAL treat! I loved it. So thanks again, Dreamer, for the link, and thanks to you, Soda, for finding all these wonderful gems and sharing them with all of us!!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Sadly, "My Girl" has not been in his solo set for a while. That's why I got so freaking excited when I heard he was doing snippets of it during band intros on this tour. I finally got to hear a bit of it at one of my shows and it left me begging for more!