PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday Don Henley!

sodascouts
07-22-2009, 01:40 AM
Don Henley turns 62 today. A founding Eagle, an inspiring solo artist, an amazing talent... he is truly blessed, and I hope his special day is spent happily.

I've got a few things on DHO (http://www.donhenleyonline.com) to celebrate - more to come!

EagleLady
07-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Happy Birthday Don! Hope your day is enjoyable with your friends and family!

Mrs Henley
07-22-2009, 04:13 AM
Happy Happy Birthday Don!
Hope you have a fabulous day and a lot of fun tonight with the last show of the tour!
Wish I could be there!

Troubadour
07-22-2009, 05:31 AM
This time last year, I was on my way to my graduation ceremony in London, listening to the Eagles in the car, dreaming of seeing them live one day. Now, a year on, I've seen the Eagles in concert and Don on three separate occasions, on both sides of the Atlantic. That was beyond my wildest dreams and I feel so lucky to have had such a wonderful summer so far. I hope I have many more chances to see this man doing his thing live.

Happy Birthday, Don! Thank you for moving me, inspiring me, educating me, comforting me, and introducing me to wonderful people from all over the globe. I hope you've had a fantastic time in Europe and that tonight is a worthy celebration! I may "hardly know" you, but I still love ya! ;)

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMSG02.jpg

Fan_For_Life
07-22-2009, 06:51 AM
62 and moving around the globe like 26. :) Mr. Henley I hope you enjoy many more years.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/mega99_2008/misc/happybirthdaycandles.gif :birthday:

Stars
07-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Happy Birthday, Don! Hope you have a great celebration with those you love-may you have many more years of birthday celebrations and happiness!:partytime:

Peekaboo
07-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Spending your birthday with thousands and thousands of people that are cheering and yelling your name and singing along with you sounds like a great day to me. Don has given me so many wonderful memories that I will treasure forever. I hope he has a wonderful day with his family and friends.

Happy Birthday Don!!!

Koala
07-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Happy Birthday!
Thanks for all the wonderful music, solo and as part of the Eagles!

DonFan
07-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Happy birthday to one of the most talented individuals on the planet! Your music has thrilled me, inspired me, and lifted me up out of dark moments in a way nothing else could. I treasure all the times I have seen you in concert and look forward to many, many more!

Happy birthday Don!

Brooke
07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Happy Birthday Don!

Thanks for all the music over all the years! We love ya! :birthday:

TimothyBFan
07-22-2009, 12:17 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND THANKS FOR THE MUSIC THAT'S MEANT SO MUCH TO ME FOR SO MANY YEARS!!!

Prettymaid
07-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Happy birthday Don. You still rock! :headbang:

timfan
07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Happy Birthday Don!

I'm sure the end of the long tour is present enough! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
07-22-2009, 06:00 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON!!!!!!! Hope you got to celebrate with Marjorie & Ringo as you planned!!!!!!! :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

Freypower
07-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Have a wonderful birthday Don and thank you for the music.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Other%20Eagles/Coffee.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Other%20Eagles/DonChicago2.jpg

DonFan
07-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Soda, I went over to DHOL this afternoon and I couldn't help laughing when I read your post:

"Mr. Don Henley turns 62 today. Unfortunately, the festivities on DHO will have to be delayed a bit as I have a visitor, and it's just not polite to spend a lot of time doing Don while she's here. I did manage to make a few graphics to hold folks over until I can do him up right."

I know what you meant, but I don't even want to tell you where my mind went when I first read it! :blush: ;-)

EagleLady
07-22-2009, 07:26 PM
:rofl: I had the same thought DF :twisted:

Ive always been a dreamer
07-22-2009, 11:13 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON!!!

http://images.zwani.com/graphics/happy_birthday/images/17.gif

I hope you had a wonderful show tonight to close out the European leg of the tour. I also hope it was a very special day for you surrounded by your friends and family that you care about.

You are an incredibly talented singer and songwriter who has touched so many people around the globe for nearly 4 decades now. Thank you for the gift of your incomparable music that will continue to inspire many generations to come.

LONG MAY YOU ROCK!!! :rockguitar:

sodascouts
07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Soda, I went over to DHOL this afternoon and I couldn't help laughing when I read your post:

"Mr. Don Henley turns 62 today. Unfortunately, the festivities on DHO will have to be delayed a bit as I have a visitor, and it's just not polite to spend a lot of time doing Don while she's here. I did manage to make a few graphics to hold folks over until I can do him up right."

I know what you meant, but I don't even want to tell you where my mind went when I first read it! :blush: ;-)

LOL!!!!

And now all our minds can go there....

:twisted:

Lisa
07-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Happy Birthday, 62 years!

sodascouts
07-30-2009, 02:50 AM
Well, I stayed up late tonight doing Don, but I think I've finally finished him off. Now pardon me - I'm exhausted. I'd better get some rest. ;) :pimp:

TimothyBFan
07-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Soda :thumbsup: You go girl!!!!!

DonFan
07-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Well, I stayed up late tonight doing Don, but I think I've finally finished him off.

There's a phrase I always wished I could say! ;)

Prettymaid
07-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Well, I stayed up late tonight doing Don, but I think I've finally finished him off. Now pardon me - I'm exhausted. I'd better get some rest. ;) :pimp:

Sounds like he's probably as tired as you!

Brooke
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
I was just over to DHO checking out the birthday treats and watched the Dirty Laundry video from the Clinton inauguration. I guess I've never watched that one before. I think that is Frank Simes playing guitar-that hair! :shock: I don't think I've ever seen him with such long hair! Too funny!

Great job over there, too, Soda! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks!

At first I was bummed that I couldn't get out all of his birthday treats on July 22... but you know what? The "Week of Henley" allowed me to put out more than I would have otherwise! It worked out really well. I think I might do it this way from now on! After all, is one day really enough to celebrate Don Henley's awesomeness? Methinks not. ;)

Fan_For_Life
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all your work Soda. :)

Ive always been a dreamer
07-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Wow - great job as usual, Soda. I took you up on your challenge and went searching through the photo gallery for the new pictures. I know that is very, very sad - but, I couldn't help myself! :partytime:

Troubadour
07-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Soda - you are fantastic! Those new photos made my day. Thanks so much for all your hard work. (Doing Don must be such a chore.)

ETA: We already had "tough farmers", now we've got one "happy farmer"! Too cute.

ticky
07-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Henley! You are well loved and most appreciated..

Soda.. see? I KNEW you'd been hiding something all this time... *G*

DonFan
07-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Nancy, I finally had the chance to peruse DHOL tonight, and thank you for putting up all those treats in honor of Don's birthday!

I particularly enjoyed the audio treats. Hearing Don's early, very young voice in Felicity and Shiloh is SUCH a rarity. Those early songs truly give a tantalizing glimpse of the wonderful vocalist to come.

And the Oklahoma songs--particularly that breathtaking version of End of the Innocence--reminds me of why that is still one of my very favorite Don solo performances. My family and I just got back from a press junket to Nashville Tennessee, the country music capital of the world, and we were given a CD of the top country songs from each year for the last 25 years. One of the songs was Trisha Yearwood's "The Song Remembers When." Well, I was there that hot, sultry Oklahoma night when Don sang that version of EOTI, and every time I hear it I can close my eyes and visualize him singing it right in front of me. Truly, The Song DOES Remember When.

And of course, Trisha songs are special anyway because she shares a close Don connection in her own right.

Thanks for giving me a wonderful Oklahoma memory on this rainy Alabama night!

Koala
07-31-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks Soda, great work, great new pics! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
07-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, I was there that hot, sultry Oklahoma night when Don sang that version of EOTI, and every time I hear it I can close my eyes and visualize him singing it right in front of me. Truly, The Song DOES Remember When.

That really was a wonderful night. It was my first Don solo concert and I feel so lucky to have heard that beautiful version of EOTI. I'm not completely sure of this but, other than in OKC and Dallas, I don't think he's done that version anywhere else. I so wish that he would continue to do it during his solo shows. Heck, I wish he would record it that way. It's too beautiful to not be heard by everyone.

DonFan
07-31-2009, 07:24 PM
I feel so lucky to have heard that beautiful version of EOTI....I wish he would record it that way. It's too beautiful to not be heard by everyone.

I completely agree.

sodascouts
07-31-2009, 08:14 PM
I remember in Dallas actually getting chills when he sang it. Amazing.

Fan_For_Life
07-31-2009, 08:42 PM

That pretty much sums up the first Eagles show I went to and subsequently the entire 7 weeks of anticipating, as well as the show itself, Don at the Hard Rock show.

DonFan
08-02-2009, 10:08 PM
The Dallas concert was amazing, wasn't it?