PDA

View Full Version : Hi fom Switzerland

eaglesfever
07-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Hi everybody

My name's Claudine, I'am 33 and I live in Switzerland. I've been an Eagles fan for many years. As you might guess from my picture, my favourite Eagle is Glenn :). There are many other Glenn fans on this board in noticed ;-)...
It's nice to meet you all here.

Claudine

Prettymaid
07-27-2009, 07:16 AM
Hello Caudine and welcome to the Bprder! I love the picture of Glenn you chose for your avatar. My favorite is Joe, but I love all the guys! I had the honor of seeing them in Chicago last year and Indianapolis this year. Have you had a chance to see them?

eaglesfever
07-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks prettymaid!
I really love this picture of Glenn, it's one of my favourite ones...
Yes I had the honor to see and hear them in Zurich in June, it was such an amazing concert! I wanted to go to Arnhem in July, but I couldn't find somebody to join me. Just today I discovered this board (I've been on the main page several times but didn't realize there's a board, too).
Hope it will be fun here to share my hobby with so many other fans.
And let's hope I'll get the chance to see them again one day...

Prettymaid
07-27-2009, 07:44 AM
I also meant to mention that I absolutely love the quote by Glenn in your sig. So true... :sigh:

eaglesfever
07-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I also meant to mention that I absolutely love the quote by Glenn in your sig. So true... :sigh:

Especially when we are talking about music made by the EAGLES :inlove:

Koala
07-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Welcome Claudine!:)
I love your signature and avatar too!

My favorite Eagles is also Glenn however I like all the guys!
Nice to hear you had the chance to see our guys live.

eaglesfever
07-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Hi Koala
It's so nice to meet other Glenn fans here. I already noticed that the Glenn Frey photo thread has a lot of pages and there's a lot of activity in this thread ;).
Have you been to concerts in Germany this year? (might be a stupid question though.. :))

TimothyBFan
07-27-2009, 08:34 AM
Welcome from me also Claudine!! Always nice to hear from a fellow Eagles fan from another country. Hope you enjoy it here.

Koala
07-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi Koala
It's so nice to meet other Glenn fans here. I already noticed that the Glenn Frey photo thread has a lot of pages and there's a lot of activity in this thread ;).
Have you been to concerts in Germany this year? (might be a stupid question though.. :))

Yes, in the Frey Fever thread is always a lot of activity! :)

Yeah, I was in Hamburg, it was my first eagles concert, it was reallly great!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes I had the honor to see and hear them in Zurich in June, it was such an amazing concert! I wanted to go to Arnhem in July, but I couldn't find somebody to join me. I joined another forum lately and I've found many soulmates there, so I should have joined earlier (there were so many people going to Arnhem...). Just today I discovered this board (I've been on the main page several times but didn't realize there's a board, too).
Hope it will be fun here to share my hobby with so many other fans.
And let's hope I'll get the chance to see them again one day...

Welcome from me too, Claudine. It's great that you were able to get to at least one show this summer. We are glad you found us and hope you will join right in with the fun here on The Border. Since you said you were just getting familiar with the sites here, I thought I'd post this link for you in case you want to learn more about the Eagles Online Central network. Enjoy!

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1603

Brooke
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Welcome to The Border Claudine! Glad you found us. This is a wonderful place to discuss all things Eagles!

My favorite is also Glenn, with Don running a very close second. I love Tim and Joe, too, though! :thumbsup:

eaglesfever
07-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I already like it here - especially because there's a lot more of information about my favourite Eagle Glenn :) than elsewhere.

As you might have noticed my native language is German, not English, so my written English is far from being perfect, I hope you'll forgive me if I make mistakes :?.

I hope there will be other chances to see them live again. I know they're not done yet, but I doubt if they'll tour Europe again. Maybe only the rest of US, Canada, Asia and Australia...

Dreamer, thanks for the link, I already checked it out.

btw are there any Swiss fans out there?

Ilia
07-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi Claudine,
I'm not from Switzerland but from your neighbour country Austria and I'm also new here, discovered the board after seeing the band in Vienna, Munich and Hamburg and can confirm that this here is the best place to be when having PEW.
And this is the perfect place to exercise english.
I'm still so excited by the experience of seeing them live that I found myself looking how much a flight from Austria to Los Angeles would cost, just in case there would be new show dates.
Do you think that there are some people around here living in Europe who would be crazy enough to travel to the US westcoast to see the Eagles ?

eaglesfever
07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi Claudine,
I'm not from Switzerland but from your neighbour country Austria and I'm also new here, discovered the board after seeing the band in Vienna, Munich and Hamburg and can confirm that this here is the best place to be when having PEW.
I'm still so excited by the experience of seeing them live that I found myself looking how much a flight from Austria to Los Angeles would cost, just in case there would be new show dates.
Do you think that there are some people around here living in Europe who would be crazy enough to travel to the US westcoast to see the Eagles ?

Hi Ilia
Hey it's always nice to meet other fans from a neighbour country. Wow, you've seen them 3 times in a short time.. I wish I had seen them more than once, but I'm sure there will be another chance to see them, maybe not in Europe, but in the US or Canada. Yes I think that there are others out there who would travel so far to see them, I met a few I would say they would do so. I already thought about that, too. But I think I'll wait until the further dates are officially announced. I agree, this board is a perfect opportunity to brush up English :nod:.
Are you a longtime Eagles fan?

Ilia
07-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Claudine, glad to hear that I'm not the only one with my travel dreams. You are absolutely right, nothing to do at the moment as long as there are no offical dates. But maybe when time comes we could find some fans going together. Would be a lot of fun on such a long journey (by the way: I hate travelling, but if it's for the Eagles...).
I know Eagles music for a very long time, but am a real fan since Hell Freezes Over, when I saw them live in Berlin on the "Waldbühne" (1996). Then I travelled two times to Munich to see them, I think it was 2001 and 2006 (can't find the tickets at the moment to see if the years are correct). And everytime I saw them I thought, they would never ever come back to Europe again and if so I would try to see every show (which is not manageable anyway if you're not a millionaire with all the time in the world). So 2009 really is my big year with 3 shows but you never can get enough.

Koala
07-27-2009, 04:37 PM
As you might have noticed my native language is German, not English, so my written English is far from being perfect, I hope you'll forgive me if I make mistakes :?.

no worry because of your english! :)

Mistakes are not great problems, I know what I am talking about, my English is even not perfect! And nevertheless the others understand me!

Oh yes, I think there are such crazy people here!
I think I would be one of them!:nod:

sodascouts
07-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Welcome Claudine! As you have probably noticed by now, we are truly an international board. I believe you are indeed our first Swiss member but so far you are representing your country very well. ;)

Fan_For_Life
07-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi Claudine, nice to see so many new Borderers. I've been here for a few months and for the most part, immediately felt comfortable. :) Hope you like your stay.

Freypower
07-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Welcome to you Claudine from another Frey fan from the other end of the earth.....

Prettymaid
07-28-2009, 08:03 AM

We do have some crazy, wacky people on this board who have traveled across the pond to see the Eagles. Troubadour recently traveled from England to Oklahoma to see two Don solo shows. Stars and Soda have both taken advantage at different times to go to Europe to see the boys! And I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering!

sodascouts
07-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Ah, yes! I was planning a trip to the UK in 2006, and when I saw that the guys would be there in the early summer, I took pains to be in London the same time they were! (I was lucky enough to meet WitchyMummy, Toonlass, timfan and glenneaglesfan in person that trip - we even got to hang out for a good amount of time). I went to a show in both Twickenham (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178) and Wembley (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177). I also happened to be in Glasgow (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174) when they were, a happy coincidence that I only discovered when I saw an advertisement in the train station. It was hard not to jump up and down happily right then and there, lol. Then when I visited glenneaglesfan in southern England, we went together to a show in Wales (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176). Good times!

(Linked to my old reviews above. They were first posted on our former board Flip City, a closed board, and I was a bit freer when expressing my admiration of Glenn Frey's hotness. Indeed as many of you know it was a Glenn board and at the time I had no plans to make an Eagles board, but some circumstances changed later that year. Anyway, I blush when I read some of that now. Luckily my Sacramento review from 2005, which was WAY over the top in that regard, has not been preserved for the ages. Plus you must remember this was just a few months after my first trip to Pebble Beach with PLS).

eaglesfever
07-28-2009, 01:00 PM
But maybe when time comes we could find some fans going together. Would be a lot of fun on such a long journey (by the way: I hate travelling, but if it's for the Eagles...).

I'm in!! You would just need to ask me once and I would join a group of fans (if I can take a few days off and have enough money :grin:) to travel with. I've got the same problem - I'm not the ultimate fan of airplanes and long flights, but I would do it for the Eagles... I'm sure Koala would join us, too - Koala??? ;-)

eaglesfever
07-28-2009, 01:05 PM
no worry because of your english! :)

Mistakes are not great problems, I know what I am talking about, my English is even not perfect! And nevertheless the others understand me!

Oh yes, I think there are such crazy people here!
I think I would be one of them!:nod:

Glad to hear that, I know you've got the same problem... :-)

The crazy ones should clan together :yay:!!

eaglesfever
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Welcome Claudine! As you have probably noticed by now, we are truly an international board. I believe you are indeed our first Swiss member but so far you are representing your country very well. ;)

Switzerland is maybe too small to have enough Eaglesfans :shrug::weep::hilarious:.

Oh thanks I'll do my best to maintain Switzerland's reputation...
just kidding... ;-)

eaglesfever
07-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I see, many of you have travelled far away to see the guys.. Don't know why I didn't think about that before. I've seen them in 2001, 2006 and this year in Zurich.

Soda, are you the one who met Glenn personally during the Pebble Beach tournament several times? It might be a stupid question, but I still have some problems to figure out who is who here on the board and where all these people come from etc.

Maybe this is another stupid question, but how many of you had the change to meet an Eagle personally? I always asked myself how all these people managed it to meet them. I've never had the chance to be very close and I think if I would be close I would be too shy to say or do something. And if it would be Glenn I would fall dead :fainted: ..........................

GlennLover
07-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Welcome from another Glenn fan, Claudine! Your English is great!

sodascouts
07-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Soda, are you the one who met Glenn personally during the Pebble Beach tournament several times? It might be a stupid question, but I still have some problems to figure out who is who here on the board and where all these people come from etc.

Yep, that was me and PerfectLittleSister the first year. Ive always been a dreamer joined us the next two years. The last year, Molly and timfan came as well. So thrilling to meet Glenn! What an amazing man he is. I'll never forget how kind he was to us. Warms my heart and makes me smile just thinking about it. Always will.

Ah, happy memories.

eaglesfever
07-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Yep, that was me and PerfectLittleSister the first year. Ive always been a dreamer joined us the next two years. So thrilling to meet Glenn! What an amazing man he is. I'll never forget how kind he was to us. Warms my heart and makes me smile just thinking about it. Always will.

Ah, happy memories.

That's sooooo great that you had the chance to meet him personally... OMG I can understand your feelings.... I remember you wrote that he's a real gentlemen. I sometimes ask myself how a man who could be my father can be so fascinating... :).
I would love to meet him personally, but I think this will never happen.
But dreaming on is quite nice, too....

eaglesfever
07-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Welcome from another Glenn fan, Claudine! Your English is great!

Thanks GlennLover! I noticed that you're from Canada - love your country very much - already planning my next holiday (but in western Canada) for June/July 2010. Canada might become my home country in 2011/2012..

Prettymaid
07-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Maybe this is another stupid question, but how many of you had the change to meet an Eagle personally? I always asked myself how all these people managed it to meet them. I've never had the chance to be very close and I think if I would be close I would be too shy to say or do something. And if it would be Glenn I would fall dead :fainted: ..........................

Efever, please don't think that any question is stupid. I think that's a great question. Besides Soda & Co.'s Pebble Beach experience, I think MikeA and others have met Joe at a meet 'n greet (lucky duck!)

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi Claudine,

Welcome from Ireland to both of you Claudine and Ilia. I've seen the Eagles twice in my home city Dublin in Ireland. I have also travelled to Belfast on the most recent leg of the tour and was at the opening LROOE gig in London. I think if time, money and work are not a problem I would be quite willing to travel to see them in the states at least once.

But as you can see no doubt from my username, Glenn :heart: is my favourite and what I would really LOVE to do would be to catch one or more of his solo gigs if he decides to do some in the coming months.

Troub and I were saying that a dream trip would include a full Eagles gig, a Don solo and a Glenn :heart: solo all in one trip. May as well wish!

sodascouts
07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh, how I wish all our overseas members could make the trip like Troub did!

Prettymaid
07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
I dream of a Border Party (followed by a concert of course!)

Ive always been a dreamer
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Yep, that was me and PerfectLittleSister the first year. Ive always been a dreamer joined us the next two years. The last year, Molly and timfan came as well. So thrilling to meet Glenn! What an amazing man he is. I'll never forget how kind he was to us. Warms my heart and makes me smile just thinking about it. Always will.

Ah, happy memories.

Soda - I just let out a sigh reading your post about our meetings with Glenn. It warms my heart and brings a smile to my face whenever I think about it, too. I still just shake my head and say "WOW"!!! I will never "get over it"! :nope: :wink:

And how fun would it be to one day be able to have a real Border get together!!! I have so enjoyed meeting up with other fans and going to shows with others that I have met on the board the past few years.

Koala
07-29-2009, 12:50 AM
I dream of a Border Party (followed by a concert of course!)

oh yeah, that would be great!

eaglesfever
07-29-2009, 08:36 AM
But as you can see no doubt from my username, Glenn :heart: is my favourite and what I would really LOVE to do would be to catch one or more of his solo gigs if he decides to do some in the coming months.

Troub and I were saying that a dream trip would include a full Eagles gig, a Don solo and a Glenn :heart: solo all in one trip. May as well wish!

That would really be a dream trip... !! Number 1 band, number 1 man and number 2 man.... Sounds perfect! I'd join you ;)...

But I think that especially Glenn needs a rest to take care of his voice. And we all know that he has other health problems.. Do you think they'll tour Europe again? I think that we have to travel abroad (means US) to see them again... Would be nice to go together!

eaglesfever
07-29-2009, 08:39 AM
oh yeah, that would be great!

Agreed! So we should work on it :)

eaglesfever
07-29-2009, 08:42 AM
And how fun would it be to one day be able to have a real Border get together!!! I have so enjoyed meeting up with other fans and going to shows with others that I have met on the board the past few years.Very good idea - would be nice to meet other fans in real life not only trough the internet...

Koala
07-29-2009, 09:42 AM
would be nice to meet other fans in real life not only trough the internet...

I had before the concert in Hamburg, a short but very nice meeting with Easyfeeling. It was really great to meet another Border!

eaglesfever
07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
I had before the concert in Hamburg, a short but very nice meeting with Easyfeeling. It was really great to meet another Border!

It's great to have this board, it's a place to meet like-minded people and it maybe offers the chance to get together with others for a concert (like in your case).

Apart from my husband I don't have any Eagles fans around me. I'm glad my husband likes their music and would join me to a concert in Zurich anytime, but he's not a diehard fan, so he wouldn't travel with me to other concerts (which I can understand).

I'm sure if they would tour Europe again I would find very nice people here to meet. And there are a few living quite close to me, that's cool. :)

Koala
07-29-2009, 01:21 PM
It's great to have this board, it's a place to meet like-minded people and it maybe offers the chance to get together with others for a concert (like in your case).
Yeah this Board is great, I love it! You can talk here really well about your favourite Band!

Apart from my husband I don't have any Eagles fans around me. I'm glad my husband likes their music and would join me to a concert in Zurich anytime, but he's not a diehard fan, so he wouldn't travel with me to other concerts (which I can understand).

I know what you mean, I was with my sister and her boyfriend at the concert, both not fans, they would also not travel with me!

I'm sure if they would tour Europe again I would find very nice people here to meet. And there are a few living quite close to me, that's cool. :)
I hope they will tour again in Europe, who knows! If they come to Europe again, I will see at least one concert, hopefully however several!

glenneaglesfan
07-30-2009, 05:10 AM
Welcome to the Border, Claudine and Ilia!

I haven't been around for so long now that it's difficult keeping up with all the new members, so welcome to you all.

I have had some problems this year, and didn't get to see my favourite band on their recent tour of Europe, although I was one of the lucky ones who saw them at the O2 on March 20 last year, where I had the pleasure of meeting Lisa (Glennsallnighter) and her little girl, Timtot, and Monique (Mrs Frey), who made the epic journey from South Africa to see the guys.

I also live with very happy memories of meeting Nancy (Sodascouts) and our adventures in London and Cardiff in 2006. Meeting fellow fans has been a great pleasure and I would love to fly to the USA and meet more of you, particularly if a Glenn concert could be factored in!!

eaglesfever
07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Meeting fellow fans has been a great pleasure and I would love to fly to the USA and meet more of you, particularly if a Glenn concert could be factored in!!

Hi GEF and thanks for welcoming the newbies...
We should really think about a trip to the US - there are many of us (Europeans) who already said that they would get together for a US-trip.
But for the moment, there's nothing to plan, because there are no official dates. Guess they'll have a rest until the end of 2009.

EagleLady
07-30-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry I'm late on this but welcome Claudine, You will love it here :thumbsup:

Ilia
07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
[quote=eaglesfever;78337]
We should really think about a trip to the US - there are many of us (Europeans) who already said that they would get together for a US-trip.

I'm glad to hear that some fans around here would really be willing to fly to the US, that's great. So we will carefully watch the news and as soon as there are new dates we should try to organize a common trip. Something to look forward to, helps to come over PEW.

eaglesvet
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Claudine and Ilia,
I'm really late on welcoming you both to the Border, but better late than never!! Hope you enjoy your time here...I know I have! It would be great if you would travel here to see our boys...because that would mean more concert dates have been announced! I saw 3 LRROE shows... New Jersey (where I'm from), Pennsylvania (where I met fellow Borderer Stars), and Massachusetts. I am :fainting:to see Glenn or Don in a solo show next, so that would be an ideal way for me to meet any and all fellow Borderers! Have fun! :headbang::thumbsup:

eaglesfever
08-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks EagleLady and eaglesvet for the warm welcome. I enjoy reading here - and look through the nice Glenn pics ;).

I'm sure there will be a chance to see our guys in the US again, the question is "when", 2010 or 2011... would be cool to meet other fans for a concert.
Hm, a Glenn solo show would be like a dream comes true to me...