PDA

View Full Version : Gloriana

Stars
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Has anyone heard this brand new band? I just listened to clips of their songs on Amazon today, and I was blown away. If you love four part harmonies, (and I think all Eagles fans do!:nod:), you will most likely love this band-they are two guys and two girls-kind of a pop country flavor. If anyone listens to them, I'd love to hear your thoughts!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-09-2009, 01:22 AM
ooh, I like them! Hadn't heard of them before but checked them out on YouTube after your recommendation. I think they've got that rough vocal style that's popular and the great harmonies that make them a bit different. Nice!

Stars
08-09-2009, 12:31 PM
Soda, so glad you liked them! I went out in search of their CD last night, but everywhere was sold out! (I'm sure that's a good sign :thumbsup:!)
At any rate, I'll probably order it from Amazon.:)

Prettymaid
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Stars, on your recommendation I went to YouTube and had a look-see. I like ' em! They remind me of Little Big Town a lot!

eaglesvet
08-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Stars, I happened to read your post Saturday night...and lo and behold what was staring me in the face as I walked around Best Buy on Sunday afternoon looking for some stuff for my new digital camera but the Gloriana CD--on sale to boot! (Finally getting some accessories for the replacement for the archaic camera that was on its last legs in Hershey and Worcester...)

Stars
08-10-2009, 10:44 PM
PM, I have heard Gloriana compared to Little Big Town, who I also like! I finally had a chance to order the CD-I've been listening to songs on Youtube, and I just love their sound.:thumbsup:
EV-glad to hear you have a new camera! I do remember your other camera was on its last legs at Hershey and Worcester, but if I recall, the pics you did take came out well!:thumbsup:

eaglesvet
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
These guys won "Best Breakthrough Group" for 2009 last night at the AMA's. When they got up to the stage, the first thing they said was, "Now, let's see a show of hands from those of you who have never heard of Gloriana?" lol At least they have a sense of humor, and realize they are only just beginning! I still have yet to hear their music...never got around to getting this CD, but I guess enough people have heard to vote them in!