PDA

View Full Version : Little Things That Remind You of Other Borderers

Pages : 1 2 [3]

LuvTim
03-05-2016, 01:45 AM
Freypower, I'm watching the well-known chef, Ming Tsai, and on this week's show he is in Sydney, Australia! I'm learning about a very old and respected butcher's shop, Churchill's. Tonight, Ming is cooking with chef Mark Best.

Sydney is so beautiful.

I hope to visit Australia someday. :-)

Freypower
03-05-2016, 05:28 PM
Freypower, I'm watching the well-known chef, Ming Tsai, and on this week's show he is in Sydney, Australia! I'm learning about a very old and respected butcher's shop, Churchill's. Tonight, Ming is cooking with chef Mark Best.

Sydney is so beautiful.

I hope to visit Australia someday. :-)

Woollahra, in God's own country, the Eastern Suburbs.

http://www.victorchurchill.com/

What an interesting connection. Thanks LT. I hope you visit too.

LuvTim
03-13-2016, 01:40 AM
Tonight's episode of "Simply Ming" finds the chef back in Australia! :-D
Lovely seafood on the grill.

Thinking of you, FP, again tonight. :-)

Jonny Come Lately
04-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Today I saw a billboard promoting a show by a Bad Company/Free tribute band, which reminded me of AG95.

AlreadyGone95
04-20-2016, 11:40 AM
Today I saw a billboard promoting a show by a Bad Company/Free tribute band, which reminded me of AG95.

I wouldn't mind seeing that tribute band. I actually thought of you and UtW last night. On Jeopardy, one of the categories was "British nicknames for fruits and veggies".

Houston Baby
05-02-2016, 10:56 PM
There was a guy at the Don experience from Austria wearing a t-shirt with rows of guitars on it. It said "You can never have too many guitars". Of course I thought of Austin! :rockguitar:

WalshFan88
05-07-2016, 10:46 PM
There was a guy at the Don experience from Austria wearing a t-shirt with rows of guitars on it. It said "You can never have too many guitars". Of course I thought of Austin! :rockguitar:

Hehehe! :rockguitar:

LuvTim
05-12-2016, 10:08 PM
Saw a 12 string on Sunday--thought of NMB.

NightMistBlue
05-13-2016, 12:10 PM
Aww, sweet LuvTim. A 12-string Guild has inspired such luminaries as Justin Hayward and Roger Hodgson, ex of Supertramp.

I'm still visiting the guitar shops and trying to find the best fit. The 12-strings tend to be big-bodied suckers and you really have to press down on the strings to get a good chord sound. Taylor now makes smaller 12-strings but then we're staring down a $2,000+ price tag.

Speaking of things we can't quite afford right now, I'd love to visit Australia someday too! And New Zealand.

AlreadyGone95
05-27-2016, 01:07 AM
I've been thinking of Soda off and on over the past few days because my first class at college will be English Composition I (1).

sodascouts
06-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Nice to be thought of! Thanks!

Jonny Come Lately
06-03-2016, 09:49 AM
I thought of you too yesterday, Soda - I was listening to a couple of tracks from One Of These Nights yesterday evening and Take It To The Limit came on. IIRC, it's your favourite Eagles song? Really enjoyed it myself too.

sodascouts
06-05-2016, 01:45 AM
Yes, it is my favorite. I love it.

When Joe played it in tribute to Glenn at the recent Los Angeles show I attended, I absolutely lost it.

AlreadyGone95
06-05-2016, 11:49 AM
I thought of you again, Soda, because of your location description. I have to read Faulkner's A Rose for Emily for my class about Southern Gothic Fiction.

LuvTim
08-01-2016, 06:07 PM
Shun, I was listening to satellite radio a few days ago and they played The Osmonds' "Down By The Lazy River." I liked hearing it, and sang along.
I know you love The Osmonds!

AlreadyGone95
09-24-2016, 04:29 AM
Two things:
I make monthly trips to CVS pharmacy for some prescription medicines. The cashier during my trip for this month was named Brooke.

Yesterday, I went to Publix to do some grocery shopping for the first time in a few years. (I wanted to look at their gluten free products.) There was a whole shelf full of products imported from other countries. One of the countries was Great Britain, which made me think of all of British borderers.

Houston Baby
09-24-2016, 11:27 AM
I love that the Borderers think of each other when something they see or hear reminds them. It is great to be attached to each other thru this site!
Thank you again SODA!!:yay:

Brooke
09-27-2016, 02:49 PM
Thanks for thinking of me, AG!

I agree, HB! It's crazy how I feel like I really know some of the people here even though I've never met most of you. :smile:

Houston Baby
05-05-2017, 03:47 PM
I received an email from a vintage dealer located in Missouri and reminded me of Brooke....

Retired STL Cardinals BB Player Estate
75 years of Antiques, Collectibles & vintage jewelry 10,000 + pc Estate Sale

NOT the vintage but the Cardinals player! :grin:

Brooke
05-05-2017, 03:51 PM
Awww, how sweet HB!

I was just reminded of our Border gathering in January when I read that Lucy Casado had passed. Such a wonderful time!

Glennsallnighter
05-05-2017, 05:06 PM
Yes Brooke, I was thinking that too.

Houston Baby
05-05-2017, 08:00 PM
Absolutely!
That was a fantastic EAGLES adventure!
:grouphug:

WalshFan88
08-02-2017, 12:50 AM
I was listening to The Long Run album earlier tonight and reminded how much I love the title track and even think it's underrated. But the line in it about Houston reminded me of HB.