PDA

View Full Version : Little Things That Remind You of Other Borderers

Pages : [1] 2 3

Peekaboo
08-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I don't know about everybody else but just like I often see little things that remind me of the Eagles, I often see things that remind me of my fellow Borderers.

First, everytime go into a gas station or stop by Sonic, the big 44oz drinks always reminds me of Lou. When she was here in Oklahoma a few months ago, she couldn't believe how big our drinks can be here in the states. From what I understand, our size medium drinks here in the states is like a large in England.

I was driving to a town in northern Oklahoma recently and saw a sign for Wichita reminding me of Mike.

sodascouts
08-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Recently I saw a mention of the Sweet on TV. I immediately thought, "Oh, the band Willie loves so much!"

TimothyBFan
08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Thank you Soda.

And like I said a few days ago, everytime I hear a Bruce song, I think of Eva and same with Mac, it's always Soda.

Troubadour
08-11-2009, 03:43 PM
LOL about the 44oz drinks, Jess! Ah, good times.

I was listening to Cat Stevens the other day & I thought about Cathy and how she drools over young Cat! I also saw the initials GA at work today, which reminded me of Lisa.

Oh, and I went past a pub the other day, named the King Rufus, which reminded me of Willie's new pup.

EagleLady
08-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I heard Edge of Seventeen the other day and thought of Nancy

luvthelighthouse
08-26-2009, 12:17 AM
When I was at the Hard Rock Orlando, I went to the restroom and had to walk past the Fleetwood Mac and Led Zepplin tributes. I thought of Nancy and Willie. I studied the items for a while thinking, I wish I had my camera so I could share this w/the girls... Also, saw some Pink Floyd and Hendrix items and thought of Mike. Hard to be in a place of music and not think about the Borderers.

MikeA
08-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Strange that this topic shows up the day after I had this same thing happen...thinking of one of you Borderers spontaneously:

When something I hear sticks in my head, it is inevitable that I pick up a guitar and see if I can pick it out. Usually it is my Epiphone Sheraton II. I was working on the vocal mimic of Robert Plant in Blackdog and needed to bend a note up two frets to get a "slur" that sounded somewhat like the part Plant sings. That bend can be heard at the end of the clip in my Sig below.

When I made that bend, I thought of Ticky and "Eff chords". So much easier on a long scale electric guitar's neck.

Oh, saw "Saving Grace" last night and Jess popped into mind!

We've got quite a diversified group of Music Fans here!

sodascouts
08-26-2009, 12:28 PM
That's the truth, Mike!

And I must say I am delighted to know that I have the honor of being associated with Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks 'round here!

ticky
08-26-2009, 12:38 PM
*G* Thanks Mike.. I think I found a form of the F chord that works for me but I do avoid those durned barr chords like the plague. I need beefy strong fingers and hands like Joes... *G* (Pause for a moment of appreciation of Joe's hands...) WHEW...

I gotta tell ya'll, there are so many times during the day Im reminded of someone here and I often refer to people I've met here during my daily conversations with others, it's hard to pinpoint just one or two, but Im keeping my eyes and ears open *G*

Prettymaid
08-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm the same way Ticky. I'm not good at remembering a particular moment, but I'm always telling Hubby or coworkers something about the Border or a Borderer!

sodascouts
08-26-2009, 12:49 PM
When talking about Borderers to other people, I'll usually phrase it as "I have this friend who..." lol

Prettymaid
08-26-2009, 12:51 PM
When talking about Borderers to other people, I'll usually phrase it as "I have this friend who..." lol

Yeah, I should probably do that too...I'm starting to get funny looks...

MikeA
08-26-2009, 02:41 PM
I especially have to do that: (I have this friend <LOL>). I mean, Verna has no objections to my infatuation with Eagles or even the Wilsons, but I sort of have to be careful about mentioning any of you guys to her <LOL>. Not really. She knows that 99% of Eagles fans are Women....the few Guys who will admit it openly are usually fixated on Joe Walsh. Stands to reason that I'd be on an Eagles board mostly consisting of the stronger sex.

And that's okay. I have nothing to fear but Fear itself...so far.

sodascouts
08-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Any man who calls women the "stronger sex" has got it goin' on! lol

MikeA
08-26-2009, 03:15 PM
No sense in denying it Nancy!

eaglesvet
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Ditto! Sometimes, to change it up a bit (read: to hide my "Eagles-stalking" from the family), I also say, "I know someone who..." :hilarious:

Peekaboo
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Oh, saw "Saving Grace" last night and Jess popped into mind!

I had to think about that for a minute because i've never watched the show before but i remember hearing that it's set in Oklahoma. Is that right?

Peekaboo
08-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I should probably do that too...I'm starting to get funny looks...

I should too, but i try to just ignore those funny looks.

MikeA
08-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I had to think about that for a minute because i've never watched the show before but i remember hearing that it's set in Oklahoma. Is that right?

Right. It is set in Oklahoma. "Grace" is a real "character". I've only watched it a couple of times. She is on the Police Force but is somewhat of a delinquent herself. She has this angel named "Earl" who is trying to get her to help with someone....but it really isn't about Angels <LOL>

Glennsallnighter
08-27-2009, 06:57 PM
I tend to say 'A friend of mine in the States......' or 'A Friend....in the UK'. As many people here have friends in the USA and in the UK it just rolls off. The fun starts when I say 'A friend of mine in "South Africa" or "Australia" or "Canada"' Then the eyes start to open just a little wider.....

Molly
08-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Recently, a co-worker asked me to "pass the sugar". Made me think that's something dreamer would never be able to do.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Well - can't really argue with that, Molly. I know my mama taught me that I'm supposed to share, but good grief ... However, I gotta say that's just funny because I think of you whenever I hear someone say "pass the sugar". Must be that 'great minds think alike' thing! :wink:

Molly
08-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Tell ya what, dreamer, we'll share the sugar. I'll go first. :thumbsup:

08-30-2009, 10:49 AM
:nope:

sodascouts
08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh man. I'm not even gonna try to get in on this action. I value my life too much.... I've met both these women and they are ferocious! And we all know that once Dreamer or Molly get done, the sugar supply will be completely exhausted.

Good luck deciding who goes first...

EagleLady
09-03-2009, 10:15 AM
When I hear the song Troubadour by King George, I think of Lou

TimothyBFan
09-28-2009, 09:05 AM
I gotta tell you I was reminded a lot this weekend of all of you here. Several times this weekend, something would happen and I would think I can't wait to tell the other Borderers (and yes I do have OTHER friends :hilarious:-but they just don't understand like you guys).

1.) Saturday while I was doing all my driving--the whole Ipod thing (see the thread Ipod sequence). I wondered how many of you have had that same thing happen to you.

2.) Yesterday morning when Larry came in and quizzed me about The Long Run's 30th anniversary (see TLR anniversary thread for that story).

3.) Went to a record show yesterday and as I've said here before and many of you know, most of the vendors all know me by now. I hadn't been in the door a minute and the guy sat up next to the door says "there's my Eagles girl--haven't seen you at the last few shows have I?" We had missed a couple of shows this summer and he wasn't at last months. Another vendor saw me coming and pulled out a Don Felder album to show me and yet another vendor couldn't wait to show me several Poco albums that he had found knowing that I am also collecting anything Eagle related. I also had a big discussion with a vendor about it being the Long Run's anniversary and we discussed the album quite awhile, me pointing out things I had read right here on the Border about it (thanks Soda & FP!) all the while thinking--wait till I tell the other Borderers! Larry just shook his head and walked away! :)

4.) That silly dream this morning (see Dream thread) and the fact that I couldn't wait to get on here this morning and tell all of you about it.

Now I ask, is this normal or is it just the fact that I just need to get some hobbies other than this board? :hilarious:

sodascouts
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Normal for the average schmuck? No. Abnormally cool for an Eagles fan? Yes! ;)

AmarilloByMorning
09-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Now I ask, is this normal or is it just the fact that I just need to get some hobbies other than this board? Absolutely normal! I'll argue on your behalf!

Totally cool that you're greeted with "there's my Eagles girl" by the way. I bow before you.

Molly
09-28-2009, 06:06 PM
I'd much rather be called "Eagle's Girl" than what I'm known as in our social circle (thanx to hubby)..."Glenn Frey Stalker".

sodascouts
09-28-2009, 06:53 PM
I'd much rather be called "Eagle's Girl" than what I'm known as in our social circle (thanx to hubby)..."Glenn Frey Stalker".

LOL!!!! I prefer the one you came up with: "Groupie without Benefits."

TimothyBFan
09-29-2009, 06:30 AM
:hilarious: You guys crack me up! I'm also known as the Sweet girl-which really isn't bad either if you think about it! :)

Peekaboo
10-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I was listening to the Bob and Tom radio show today and comedian Greg Proops was a guest. It reminded me of Lou. I remember seeing a pic she posted here that she took with him. He's a pretty funny guy.

Peekaboo
10-29-2009, 08:10 PM
"Groupie without Benefits."

OMG!! I just now saw this. :hilarious: I love it!!!

Maleah
11-02-2009, 02:43 AM
That would be good for a t-shirt :thumbsup:

Molly
11-02-2009, 02:50 PM
That would be good for a t-shirt :thumbsup:

Maleah, ya know I think you're a sweetie...but that avatar!!!!! :yuck:

Maleah
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!! As I was making it I was thinking "uh oh....Molly's not gonna like this!" :hilarious: If it makes you feel any better, he's ALWAYS been my favorite QB.....even when he was with.....*shudder*....the Pack ;)

sodascouts
11-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Actually, Maleah, your "simply the best" avatar reminds me of something else (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438)....

Maleah
11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Well when I put those words on there I actually had the song in my head...."Simply the best.....better than all the rest"........but that works too ;)

GlennLover
11-02-2009, 08:22 PM
:hilarious: Yeah, it reminded me of something else too :censored:!

Molly
11-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Last night hubby and I stumbled upon a "Live By Request" concert by John Fogarty on PBS.

The camera panned the audience, and I'm 99% sure I saw carol7lynn! It was filmed in LA -so I wouldn't be surprised if she was there.

Brooke
11-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Shoot! I knew that was going to be on and completely forgot about it! :-(

Troubadour
11-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Coronation Street is on (a British soap) and one of the characters just said "Sometimes, Bruce Springsteen is better in the bath." I gather she was talking about which records to play while you're having a soak... but it still made me think of eaglesvet, and how she would probably be nodding her head in agreement! ;)

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2009, 06:00 PM
LOL Lou! I understand entirely..... (Interesting Mental image forming here)

eaglesvet
11-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Coronation Street is on (a British soap) and one of the characters just said "Sometimes, Bruce Springsteen is better in the bath." I gather she was talking about which records to play while you're having a soak... but it still made me think of eaglesvet, and how she would probably be nodding her head in agreement! ;)
WOW!:hilarious:

TimothyBFan
11-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Sirius Classic Rewind is playing Darkness On The Edge Of Town by Bruce---thinking of Eva right now!

eaglesvet
11-13-2009, 11:35 AM
I just LOVE my association!!:inlove:

Peekaboo
01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
I went out with some friends to a new bar that opened recently. The owner has autographed guitars by a lot of different artists. He has them displayed in built-in windows all throughout the bar and as I was checking them out I noticed one that was signed by Stevie Nicks. I thought of Soda when I saw it and had to take a picture. It's fairly dim in the bar and my camera phone kinda sucks so the pics didn't turn out all that great but I thought i'd post them anyway.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Photo-0029.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Photo-0030.jpg

sodascouts
01-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Oooh, thank you for posting that! Stevie rarely signs guitars as she only plays them in private while working on demos. And I'm always delighted to be associated with her in the minds of Borderers! ;)

Glennsallnighter
01-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Nice find Peek! I must say anytime I hear anything about Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac I always think of Nancy as well.

TimothyBFan
01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
And a bonus in that pic---George Thorogood!!!! Yeah baby!!:headbang:

Peekaboo
01-18-2010, 09:30 AM
There are a bunch of signed guitars in that bar. The ones that I remember (besides Stevie and George Thorogood) are ZZ Top, Hank Williams Jr., Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Evanescence, and Korn. There are several Country artists and bands but I can't remember who right now. I'll try to remember to take a proper look next time I go back.

I must say anytime I hear anything about Stevie Nicks or Fleetwood Mac I always think of Nancy as well.

Me too.

Troubadour
01-22-2010, 08:18 PM
Me three!

I've just seen an advert on Sky Bio, featuring Mark Knopfler. I think it said they're showing a live performance of his on Saturday at 9pm (UK). It, of course, reminded me of Julie.

Brooke
03-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Just heard Jet Airliner. Now everytime I hear it I think of Soda!

How could you not know that song?! (I know. You are young!)

sodascouts
03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Or, as I like to call it, "Carolina." ;)

eaglesvet
03-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Now, that reminds me of James Taylor's Carolina in My Mind. (Don't confuse me!)

Prettymaid
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Or, as I like to call it, "Carolina." ;)

That is just hilarious!

:rockguitar::singer: OH BIG OL' CAROLINA, DON'T CARRY ME TOO FAR AWAY-Y-Y!

Freypower
04-15-2010, 05:58 PM
This reminded me of me. :shrug:

I have ordered a few t shirts from a British site called djtees.com. Their latest edition is a series of Robert Plant 'Flower Power' shirts which I am tempted by, I must say. If you click on it you will see that 'Flower Power' has been abbreviated.

http://www.djtees.com/tshop/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=22334

Can I say I have absolutely no objection to my Border initials being mentioned in the same breath as R.A. Plant!:shy::drool:

Troubadour
04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
LOL! I love the fact that you were reminded of yourself.

Those are great shirts. :heart:

Prettymaid
06-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Recently we've seen a couple of foxes in our neighborhood, sometimes trotting through our backyard. Yesterday Hubby said, "I can't get that song Fox On The Run out of my head. It must be because of those foxes we've been seeing. Who did that song anyway?" :hilarious:

Of course I was able to tell him who did it and how I knew. Thanks Willie!

Troubadour
06-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Dire Straits' Romeo and Juliet came on the radio earlier, and I thought immediately of FP.

Peekaboo
07-04-2010, 03:42 PM
I was reminded of Lou recently when I dealt to an older couple at work. They're from England, west of London, and have been living in Oklahoma for 42 years. They were so nice and lovely to talk to.

Lou, we miss ya here in OK. You need to come back and visit us again soon.

Troubadour
07-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Aw! As soon as I can - I promise. I miss you too.

Prettymaid
07-16-2010, 08:45 AM
While looking for a restaurant close to the place where the tribute band is playing tomorrow, I came across Dreamers Diner. Guess who I thought of?

Here's a hint - it starts with a K and ends with an AY!

Brooke
07-16-2010, 09:45 AM
Good one, Pm! :lol:

07-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Hmmm - I have no idea who that could be PM, but I'll bet Dreamers Diner's food is ... er ... dreamy! :headbang:

Peekaboo
07-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I immediately thought of Willie when I saw the Sweet was apart of a music fest that took place in OKC this past weekend. I knew that music festival was going on but i didn't realize that Sweet was there until Sunday when someone was telling me about all of the bands that played there.

TimothyBFan
07-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Aww-the American version--Steve Priest (the original bassist) Sweet. There is this Sweet and Andy Scott's (original guitarist) Sweet in Europe.

Did that someone happen to say whether they liked them or not? From what I've been hearing, they do a pretty darn good job. Especially Joe Retta, the lead singer, who isn't to rough on the eyes either!!!

TimothyBFan
07-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Brooke's new avi reminds me of Ticky & Prettymaid. :hmm:

sodascouts
07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
I know! I always think for a second it's PM posting but then I do a double take and realize it's Brooke. lol

Prettymaid
07-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Before long you'll all have Joe avatars! MWAAAHA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Troubadour
07-28-2010, 09:17 PM
I know! I always think for a second it's PM posting but then I do a double take and realize it's Brooke. lol

I do that, too!

On the topic of avatars, I'm loving yours, Soda. Very sexy!

07-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Seriously! That new av of Soda's is :pimp: !!!

It reminds me of Sugar ( is he a Borderer?) :lol:

sodascouts
07-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Let's make him an unofficial Borderer.... hey, a girl can dream! ;)

I was a little hesitant to use it as an avie because Sugar looks a bit stern, but oh my gosh, he is so freaking sexy even when pissed off that I couldn't resist - especially with the 30th anniversary of the "Long Night at Wrong Beach" coming up in a couple days.

Back to the topic, I was reminded of several Borderers today as I finished up Philiippa Gregory's The White Queen - all our Border Brits! England's War of the Roses is a fascinating topic.

Freypower
07-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Let's make him an unofficial Borderer.... hey, a girl can dream! ;)

I was a little hesitant to use it as an avie because Sugar looks a bit stern, but oh my gosh, he is so freaking sexy even when pissed off that I couldn't resist - especially with the 30th anniversary of the "Long Night at Wrong Beach" coming up in a couple days.

Back to the topic, I was reminded of several Borderers today as I finished up Philiippa Gregory's The White Queen - all our Border Brits! England's War of the Roses is a fascinating topic.

Some of my favourite photos of Glenn don't necessarily have him smiling. I just looked at my Avatars CD to remind myself.

You can add me to the Brit history fanatics.

Peekaboo
07-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Did that someone happen to say whether they liked them or not? From what I've been hearing, they do a pretty darn good job. Especially Joe Retta, the lead singer, who isn't to rough on the eyes either!!!

Sorry, Willie. It was a brief conversation at work during the last part of my break so I didn't have time to ask much more about it.

TimothyBFan
07-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Thought of Stars this morning. On the local news were talking about things going on in the area this weekend and mentioned that Wilco will be playing. Wish I would have heard that sooner, I might have checked them out for myself.

Troubadour
08-13-2010, 05:14 PM
I thought of Willie last night as they played The Cars "Just What I Needed" on VH1.

TimothyBFan
08-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Ahhhhh! Thanks Lou! Benjamin! :inlove:

Thought about ALL of you this morning. Went out to breakfast with a bunch of friends and family and got on the subject of music and the internet. My SIL doesn't understand the whole internet thing. Told her I'm very thankful for it and the cyber friends I've made who understand my music/Eagles addiction.

Stars
08-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Willie, thanks for thinking of me when you heard the Wilco mention! I do hope you can go see them sometime-they are awesome!:thumbsup:

Coincidentally, I am going to see their lead singer, Jeff Tweedy, this coming Saturday night, Aug.21! He is doing a solo acoustic concert at the Philadelphia Folk Fest. I'm very excited about this, as I have always wanted to see him solo! It's an outdoor fest, so I am praying that the weather is good. :pray: I'll let all of you know how it goes!

Troubadour
08-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Great! Have fun, Carla. :thumbsup:

Stars
08-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Thanks, Lou. We are hoping to get there-fingers crossed!

Peekaboo
08-22-2010, 04:02 PM
I was channel surfing last night and stopped on the National Geographic channel because they were doing a special on the Grand Canyon Skywalk. I immediately thought of Lou and the Road Trip. After we left Vegas we found a road supposedly leading to the Skywalk so we decided to go on a little detour. We ended up in a place I like to refer to as "The Hills Have Eyes." It was, in a word, CREEPY. The sun was starting to go down and we were on a dirt road surrounded by cacti with no cell service not knowing exactly where we were. After I got in the driver's seat and turned us back around to where we came from (ahem, civilization) we stopped and asked someone how far away the Skywalk was and we found out that when we turned around we were only about 2 miles away.

I don't know how many of you have seen the movie The Hills Have Eyes but it was a very creepy movie and where we were totally reminded me of that movie. In this pic somewhere behind those mountains (with eyes) is the Grand Canyon Skywalk.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/DSCN0983.jpg

Prettymaid
08-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Is that a picture you took Peek?

Troubadour
08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
Aw, gotta love the memories! Although, you have watched waaay too many horror movies, Jess. ;)

I'm betting that is one of Jess's shots. A couple more from my stash:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/hills.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/hillshaveeyes.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/hillshaveeyes2.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/hillshaveeyes3.jpg

Troubadour
08-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I watched Classic Albums last night, which was focused on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. Of course, I was reminded of Nancy.

I also thought of Willie because there was a Led Zeppelin documentary on the Bio channel yesterday.

08-22-2010, 09:47 PM
I was in the grocery store the other day, and a blonde-headed lady with a big smile on her face came around the corner of the bakery with a tray of freshly baked pies. I immediately thought of ticky. :thumbsup:

BTW - gorgeous pics Lou and Jess.

Peekaboo
08-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Is that a picture you took Peek?

Yeah, it is. Before I got into the driver's seat I snapped that pic very quickly and then got us the heck outta there.

Although, you have watched waaay too many horror movies, Jess. ;)

Well, okay, yeah maybe I have. BUT you gotta admit that it was a bit creepy being out in the middle of nowhere.

BTW - gorgeous pics Lou and Jess.

Thanks, Kay. Now that it's been a few months I can actually kinda enjoy those pics and not remember them as The Hills Have Eyes but at the time I was totally creeped out.

ticky
08-23-2010, 06:33 AM
I was in the grocery store the other day, and a blonde-headed lady with a big smile on her face came around the corner of the bakery with a tray of freshly baked pies. I immediately thought of ticky. :thumbsup:

LOL My reputation (and my pies) proceed me!

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I watched Classic Albums last night, which was focused on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. Of course, I was reminded of Nancy.

I know that special! I saw it back in 1998, right when I was starting to get into Fleetwood Mac hardcore. It's terrific! I actually own it on DVD.

Troubadour
08-24-2010, 12:29 AM
I thought you might! ;)

Peekaboo
09-20-2010, 06:38 AM
It's football season here in the U.S. and my Oklahoma Sooners were playing Florida State on Sept. 11th and after a big play by the defense the announcers commented that one of the OU players that was apart of that particular play is originally from the U.K. They said he moved from the U.K. to Texas during junior high school and started playing American football in the 8th grade. This of course reminded me of Lou and the rest of our U.K. Borderers.

Btw, OU beat Florida St. 47-17!! GO SOONERS!!

TimothyBFan
09-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Hubby and I went to TGIFriday's the other night for dinner. The last time I was there was the day Nancy, my daughter and I were coming back from Cincinnati after seeing the Eagles the night before. I even had the same thing I had that day....the most unhealthy cheeseburger ever!! :thumbsup:

Stars
10-07-2010, 04:39 PM
I was working at the library today, when someone returned a DVD on "The Band". Of course, I thought of Lou immediately, and wondered if she had seen this DVD. It's the first time I had seen it come through the library.
Last night I thought of all of you. Hubby and I were driving around and we passed a billboard advertising an eyeglass place called "Simon Eyes". Hubby immediately started singing "You can't hide, those Simon Eyes". (of course to the tune of "Lyin' Eyes"-:hilarious:) I had to chuckle, and I told him I would tell everyone on the board he did that!:)

GlennLover
10-07-2010, 04:43 PM
LOL Stars! You've got him well trained!

Prettymaid
10-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Stars, your husband sounds like my kind of guy! :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
10-08-2010, 11:33 AM
On a similar "family" note...
The other day, I returned home to find my 14-yr-old son doing his homework in the living room, with his laptop tuned into "Already Gone." (I have to admit that he rarely seems to listen to any music while he's studying, or if he is, it's usually someone more "current.") He looked up at me sweetly and said, "Aren't the Eagles great?" Yeah, like preachin' to the choir, son!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
10-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Lol EV! Like mother, like son!

Wednesday night we had our monthly girl's night out, where the ladies I currently work with and some that I used to work with get together for dinner. Two of the ladies were my friend Ann, originally from Dublin, and Alexsa, one of my coworkers who just returned to work after having a baby. She brought the baby with her, and as we were eating the baby laid in his seat, drooling and sucking on his pacifier. Ann looked at him and said, "Oh look, he's got his soother, but he needs a dribbler!" Translated, he's got his pacifier, but he needs a bib! Of course I thought of GA/Lisa!

Troubadour
10-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Aw, thanks for thinking of me, Carla! I :heart: The Band.

Eva, that is so sweet of your son. :thumbsup:

Cathy - Lisa will enjoy that, I'm sure!

Glennsallnighter
10-09-2010, 05:46 AM
Lol indeed! We have LOTS of names for 'soothers' But 'Pacifier' is NOT one!

Peekaboo
10-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Lol indeed! We have LOTS of names for 'soothers' But 'Pacifier' is NOT one!

I don't know if this is a regional thing or maybe it's just my family but we've always referred to a pacifier as a binky.

Peekaboo
10-09-2010, 07:24 AM
When Lou was here in the States earlier this year she introduced me to a singer that I had never heard of before, Paolo Nutini. I ended up really enjoying his music and even downloaded several of his songs from Itunes. I'm not sure how popular he is here in the U.S. but I don't recall hearing his songs on the radio. I was really surprised (and delighted) when I heard his song Last Request being played at work. I was immediately reminded of Lou since she's the one that introduced me to his songs. Already I've heard Last Request played at work twice this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffJ8xcfqOX0

Troubadour
10-09-2010, 08:22 AM
So cool, Jess! Love Paolo. :heart:

sodascouts
10-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I got "Last Request" off of iTunes when it first came out but didn't buy the full album. I'll have to check it out!

Troubadour
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Oh, you must! That song is from his first album, These Streets, but his second album, Sunny Side Up, is amazing, too. I can't recommend them both highly enough. Particular favourite tracks of mine are Million Faces, Loving You, Rewind, No Other Way, Pencil Full Of Lead and Tricks Of The Trade. New Shoes is a great, feelgood, 'getting ready' song, too!

10-12-2010, 10:34 PM
OMG - I was at the store today and got to chatting with a lady behind me in line. She immediately caught my attention because she was wearing an Eagles tee shirt and, of course, I had to strike up a conversation with her to tell her how much I liked it. Turns out that she is a veterinarian. Hmmm - a veterinarian that's a huge Eagles fan - now who did that remind me of. :lol: Of course, none other than our very own Border vet a.k.a. eaglesvet. :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
10-13-2010, 12:53 PM
And what a co-ink-idink...was that veterinarian's Eagles T the same as the Eagles T this veterinarian sent you??:nahnah:

10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Thank goodness - it was a different tee shirt, Eva. If had been like the one you sent me, that would have really freaked me out. Of course, I couldn't resist telling her about you. I guess vets just love the Eagles - makes sense since they are birds. :lol:

Prettymaid
10-13-2010, 05:40 PM
I guess vets just love the Eagles - makes sense since they are birds. :lol:

:doh: I can't believe you went there! Lol!

10-14-2010, 12:11 AM
I know - just couldn't help myself. I guess I need to get a life! :laugh:

eaglesvet
10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey, at least we're not quacks (well, not most of us, myself included!)

TimothyBFan
10-25-2010, 09:05 AM
My daughter now has a job at Calvin Klein at the outdoor outlet mall about 30 minutes away. She had a staff meeting last night and needed a ride because her car is being worked on so I took her and decided to walk around a bit. As I was walking with her to her store, I noticed the store across from it....Harry & David's. It reminded me of Cami who introduced me to Harry & David's Moose Munch about a year ago. :hilarious: And yes, I went in and got myself a bag of it. :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
11-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I thought of Rhonda Saturday. While driving around, I saw a sign and arrow that read "gourds and creations". I thought about all of her beautiful gourds and hoped she was selling a lot of them at the Christmas bazaar that day.

Troubadour
11-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I now think of Rhonda every time I watch Monty Python's Life Of Brian.

"This is his GOURD!"

Did you do an Eric Idle and make the buyers haggle, Rhonda? ;)

TimothyBFan
11-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Playing computer Scrabble yesterday evening and the computer had played "tick", I had a "y" so I played it at the end. :hilarious: Computer challenged it and I lost my turn! Oh well, at least I thought of Rhonda at the time! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
11-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Lol! That's a good one!

Glennsallnighter
11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Lol! Thats a good one Willie!!

ticky
12-04-2010, 03:18 AM
I'd challenge it too, Willie *G* I think it's a common house hold word now.. meaning "Strange Joe/gourd obsessed person with tendencies to snuggle guitars, burst into song on long car rides and write silly stories" or it could have something to do with camels.. Im not sure..

Prettymaid
12-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Yesterday at work I waited on a customer who said she was traveling to South Bend, IN to spend Christmas with her son, and she was telling me that they get a lot of snow up there. I told her I have a friend who lives in New Carlisle and that I've seen pictures of this season's snowfall. :grin:

TimothyBFan
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Awww--thanks for being reminded of me!! :hilarious: I actually got out of New Carlisle on Friday to head towards Elkhart County where hubby works and it amazed me once we got about 10 miles east of New Carlisle, there was hardly any snow on the ground and the further East we went, we could actually still see grass poking through the snow. Crazy!

Stars
12-28-2010, 01:19 PM
I heard Stevie Nicks singing a Christmas song the other day, while out shopping. Of course I thought of Soda immediately! Now I can't remember the name of the song, but it was lovely!:)

sodascouts
12-28-2010, 10:01 PM
It must have been Silent Night, unless it was Santa Claus is Comin' to Town which she performed with Chris Isaak at the 2006 Chicago Soundstage. I am always honored to be associated in anyone's mind with Stevie Nicks!

Stars
12-29-2010, 10:11 AM
Soda-it was Silent Night, and such a beautiful rendition of this lovely song!

Brooke
12-31-2010, 07:01 PM
This morning the Today Show showed a segment about Sydney, Australia's New Year's celebration. It was 8 am here and midnight there. Of course I thought of Julie (Freypower)!

Freypower
12-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm glad you thought of me but we were safe at home. We wouldn't dream of trying to mix with over a million people.

Brooke
01-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I understand! It's about like the Times Square celebration in NYC I imagine! I wouldn't even think of going to something like that! Just the mentioning of Sydney, Australia made me think of you, Julie.

Stars
01-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Brooke, going to Times Square for the New Year's celebration is on hubby's "Bucket List", so I may have to brave the crowds one of these years and go!:worried:

Brooke
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Brooke, going to Times Square for the New Year's celebration is on hubby's "Bucket List", so I may have to brave the crowds one of these years and go!:worried:

Eek!

tequila girl
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Listening to Vegas by Two Tons of Steel reminded me of MikeA...

"she looked at me with the cutest grin and asked me had I ever been to Vegas? I said no, i'm not the gamblin' type but i've seen that movie 16 times with Elvis"

Glennsallnighter
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM
I was up in the shopping centre on Friday last and passing 'The Perfume Shop' I saw in the display a 'Toy Story 3' set of perfume and bath gel. Of course it reminded me of our own Troubadour! Who I know has a weak spot for 'Toy Story'

Troubadour
01-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Aw, I do - in fact, I love Disney/Pixar in general! But Toy Story is definitely one of my favourites. :cool:

Troubadour
02-01-2011, 03:32 PM
I was watching a news story on YouTube just now, and there was a sign for "Soda Creek Camp Ground."

MikeA
02-01-2011, 03:50 PM
So Lou, who does that remind you of? LOL

sodascouts
02-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Sounds like fun! ;)

Troubadour
03-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I was reminded of Cathy a minute ago when Cat Stevens' "Another Saturday Night" was played on the TV, at the end of the rugby coverage.

Prettymaid
03-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Just now getting to this, Troub. You know I love me some Cat!

Glennsallnighter
03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Awwww I love that song too!

I was reminded of Nancy the other day when I read in the paper of the death of a 'Paddy Daly'. He was associated with Purdue University and his funeral service will be held in West Lafayette! Both of these locations of course made me think 'Oh, thats where Nancy was!'

Brooke
03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I was just watching NCAA basketball and Purdue was playing. I thought of our fearless leader, too!

Prettymaid
03-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Too bad they lost...

03-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Well, I can't say I'm glad they lost, but I did think of Soda too during the game too cause Purdue was playing to one of my alma maters located right here in my hometown - VCU! Those Boilermakers were no match for our Rams!

sodascouts
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Well, perhaps these weren't the best circumstances, but it's always nice to be thought of! ;)

TimothyBFan
03-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Just heard Tube Snake Boogie on Sirius Classic Rewind and the DJ mentioned the upcoming shows with ZZ Top & Skynyrd so I of course thought of Austin and his front row tickets to one of the shows.

WalshFan88
03-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Just heard Tube Snake Boogie on Sirius Classic Rewind and the DJ mentioned the upcoming shows with ZZ Top & Skynyrd so I of course thought of Austin and his front row tickets to one of the shows.

Hehe! I heard Skynyrd's "That Smell" on the radio today headed to Canton and I immediately thought to myself I'll be hearing that up close in the next couple months! I can't wait. It's my 2nd front row show. The first was REO Speedwagon, Styx, and .38 Special.

TimothyBFan
03-31-2011, 01:16 PM
I honestly cannot hear a Jackson Browne song right now without thinking of Cathy. They just played Shape Of A Heart and I instantly thought of her. I hear a lot of Jackson on the Sirius station I listen to, so I think of her a lot. :laugh:

BTW--they are playing Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top right now-so now I'm thinking of Austin. :laugh:

So much music to remind me of my fellow Borderers! :headbang:

Troubadour
03-31-2011, 05:30 PM
I heard Whole Lotta Love on the radio today and immediately thought of Willie - my fellow Zep fan!

TimothyBFan
04-01-2011, 09:10 AM
*****sigh***** Pagey!!!!

WalshFan88
04-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I honestly cannot hear a Jackson Browne song right now without thinking of Cathy. They just played Shape Of A Heart and I instantly thought of her. I hear a lot of Jackson on the Sirius station I listen to, so I think of her a lot. :laugh:

BTW--they are playing Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top right now-so now I'm thinking of Austin. :laugh:

So much music to remind me of my fellow Borderers! :headbang:

Hehehe! :)

Prettymaid
04-01-2011, 10:18 PM

Awwww, :iloveyou: too!

TimothyBFan
04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Thought of all of you yesterday at the album show. As I go through albums, I'll see artist that you all like and think of each of you. But yesterday I bought 3 Dire Straits albums because of Julie. :laugh: I had Brothers In Arms but didn't have any others and for $1 a piece, I thought I've go to get these and check them out since Julie likes them so much.

Troubadour
04-04-2011, 12:22 PM
Very cool! I love Dire Straits, too. Not quite as much as Julie, though. ;)

Freypower
04-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Thought of all of you yesterday at the album show. As I go through albums, I'll see artist that you all like and think of each of you. But yesterday I bought 3 Dire Straits albums because of Julie. :laugh: I had Brothers In Arms but didn't have any others and for $1 a piece, I thought I've go to get these and check them out since Julie likes hem so much.

Huh? What?!!! It's funny but I was wondering when someone was going to be 'reminded of me' because of Dire Straits.

Which albums did you buy and what do you think, Willie?! There are only six.... get the other two as well!

Prettymaid
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
And how can you go wrong for a dollar!

TimothyBFan
04-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Yup -$1-I kinda figured I couldn't go wrong there. (I actually picked up Soul Searchin' for $1 also. Only had it on cd previously).

Julie--I bought Dire Straits, Communique & Making Movies. Haven't had a chance to hear them yet. I've heard their 1st, Dire Straits, is a really good one. In fact, the dealer I bought them from heard Larry and I talking...I was telling Larry about how much Julie loves them so thought I should buy some. The vendor piped up and said to start with their 1st, Dire Straits, because it's their best in his opinion. Then I thought for a $1, I'll take all three-duh!

Freypower
04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Yup -$1-I kinda figured I couldn't go wrong there. (I actually picked up Soul Searchin' for $1 also. Only had it on cd previously).

Julie--I bought Dire Straits, Communique & Making Movies. Haven't had a chance to hear them yet. I've heard their 1st, Dire Straits, is a really good one. In fact, the dealer I bought them from heard Larry and I talking...I was telling Larry about how much Julie loves them so thought I should buy some. The vendor piped up and said to start with their 1st, Dire Straits, because it's their best in his opinion. Then I thought for a $1, I'll take all three-duh!

You made the right decision because the ones you didn't get, Love Over Gold & On Every Street, are their two least convincing albums. Making Movies, however, is their absolute, total masterpiece. If you want to share more about this we have a Dire Straits thread.... :guitar:

Molly
04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
I thought of Nancy the other evening while watching "Dancing With the Stars". Ralph Macchio danced to "Stay Gold" from the movie "The Outsiders".

Nancy, isn't that one of your favorite movies, and partially where your name "Soda" comes from?

sodascouts
04-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Actually, no, but I'm glad you thought of me anyway!

I got "Soda" from the fact that I used to be completely addicted to Coca-Cola. Now I'm completed addicted to Coke Zero. Gotta have it EVERY DAY or I get the shakes. ;)

You're probably thinking of where I got "Scout" from - it was the movie To Kill a Mockingbird.

Still, like I said, it's good to be remembered!

Annabel
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Love 'To Kill A Mockingbird' in book and film form. Read it so many times and worn out a video of it. Need to get a DVD of it.

Peekaboo
05-09-2011, 05:06 AM
I was recently discussing baby names with my brother, Will, and SIL, Valerie. Will mentioned that he was a bit bummed out that the baby can't be named after him since they're having a girl and Valerie said "How about Willa?" Will didn't like that name but suggested we could name her Willie. I had to smile when he said that and I told them I've got a friend named Willett but we call her Willie.

TimothyBFan
05-09-2011, 10:22 AM
And actually Willie was the name of one of my Dad's Marine Corp buddy's MOTHER but my Mom didn't want a daughter named Willie so came up with Willett tho Dad swore he'd call me Willie and not Willett. So there---it was actually a woman's name anyways. ;-)

GlennLover
05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I was watching some "paid commercial programming" late last night. You know. The programming that goes on for an hour with clips & testimonials about the one product that they are selling. Anyway, I was on my way to bed, but the subject caught my interest. A set of DVDs of the Midnight Special from the early seventies was being promoted. One of the (very short) clips that they showed was The Cars. Of course, I immediately thought of Willie!

By the way. I wouldn't mind having the set. It includes performances by Fleetwood Mac, The BeeGees, Elton John, Lily Thomlin & many others. No Eagles though.

TimothyBFan
05-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Lot's of Borderers have been reminded of me lately! I'm sorry!!! :hilarious:

Anything for an excuse to post these. Here's my 2 favorite from Midnight Special of The Cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpA3NVafsdo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsPh-EgH65M

sodascouts
05-12-2011, 01:18 AM
There was a band playing "Walk of Life" in one of the clubs on Beale Street tonight -as I passed it, I thought of FP!

Freypower
05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
There was a band playing "Walk of Life" in one of the clubs on Beale Street tonight -as I passed it, I thought of FP!

Soda, that just brought a huge smile to my face. I actually have a Beale St magnet on the fridge this week. I don't know who sent it to me. Walk Of Life is so perfect when you're in party mood.

EaglesFanatic
06-22-2011, 04:01 PM
I saw a LSU bumper sticker on a car today, and it reminded me of WC!

Freypower
06-22-2011, 06:50 PM
I've got one I should have posted the other day. Watched hilarious British comedy Hot Fuzz the other night and one of the soundtrack songs was the Sweet's Blockbuster. Guess who I thought of?

(Er.... I guess I also thought of myself as Romeo & Juliet is also on the soundtrack).

TimothyBFan
06-23-2011, 07:54 AM
I've got one I should have posted the other day. Watched hilarious British comedy Hot Fuzz the other night and one of the soundtrack songs was the Sweet's Blockbuster. Guess who I thought of?

:bye::bye::bye::bye: Me!!!! Me!!!!

Annabel
06-23-2011, 08:45 AM
:laugh: I thought of you twice myself recently. :)

The local radio station has a golden hour twice daily with lots of songs and news items on a specific year. The idea is you guess the year. One day they played Slade (day after Noddy's birthday) and then on another day they played Sweet. :partytime:

TimothyBFan
06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm honored that I get thought of so much, especially when it's my favorite other groups that you are all hearing that brings me to mind!! Thanks all!!

Troubadour
06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I thought of Nancy today when one of my music-loving service users was asking whether I'd heard Stevie Nicks' new album yet. He's the one who often plays Eagles records loudly for me from his room!

Troubadour
06-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a videotape featuring me from when I was first born up until I was about five years old, and I was watching a bit of it earlier. There's a part where I am about eighteen months old, "dancing" to Genesis' Invisible Touch. I know Koala is a big Genesis fan so it reminded me of her!

Koala
06-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I have a videotape featuring me from when I was first born up until I was about five years old, and I was watching a bit of it earlier. There's a part where I am about eighteen months old, "dancing" to Genesis' Invisible Touch. I know Koala is a big Genesis fan so it reminded me of her!
:hug:

Prettymaid
06-28-2011, 02:43 PM

I wanna see!

Troubadour
06-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Haha. It's on a videotape at the moment although we keep meaning to get it transferred to DVD. If I work out a way to upload it once it's on DVD (don't even know if that's possible!), I'll post some. But I warn you. My ''dancing'' consists of holding onto the arm of a sofa and sort of bouncing up and down tentatively...

Glennsallnighter
06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Think you can get a recorder that will play the video and simultaneously record it to DVD. Could be expensive though...... Its possible some of the internet cafes or photography shops might be able to do it either. I know we got some camcorder tapes put onto DVD a few years ago.

sodascouts
06-29-2011, 01:30 AM
Heck, just film the TV screen with your camera while it plays. We'll take what we can get. ;)

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
No prizes for guessing who this reminded me of!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/brookeclose.jpg

Also, I couldn't resist buying these today...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/borderbiscuits.jpg

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Brookie!!!

The border biscuits look like they could be tasty.

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Yep, they're lovely! Kind of like shortbread.

Of course, these are TRUE Viennese Whirls...

http://www.stockfood.co.uk/images-pictures/Filled%20Viennese%20whirls%20%28UK%29-405349.jpg

...but I suppose you can't always get what you want! ;)

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Okay now I'm hungry for sweets!

Brooke
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Awwwwww, me?!

Those cookies look wonderful!

EaglesKiwi
07-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Walked into the house this afternoon & my husband was playing "Sultans of Swing". Immediately thought of FP:). I haven't heard Dire Straits for a while (I used to have a cassette - not sure if it was a Best Of but I think so). Heard Romeo & Juliet for the first time too!

Freypower
07-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Walked into the house this afternoon & my husband was playing "Sultans of Swing". Immediately thought of FP:). I haven't heard Dire Straits for a while (I used to have a cassette - not sure if it was a Best Of but I think so). Heard Romeo & Juliet for the first time too!

You heard R&J for the FIRST time?

You'd better tell me what you thought, EK. You are talking about a song which is on its way to becoming my favourite song, bar none.

EaglesKiwi
07-04-2011, 04:57 AM
You heard R&J for the FIRST time?

You'd better tell me what you thought, EK. You are talking about a song which is on its way to becoming my favourite song, bar none.
Yep - first time! The first Dire Straits song I remember hearing was "Money For Nothing" when I was 13...

Liked it on first listen - and I think I will like it more as I get more familiar with it. It has some great lyrics ("kiss you through the bars of a rhyme" in particular ). There's nothing "overdone" about it either.

I can see how it could become your favourite song.

(BTW, my current favourite Dire Straits song is "Brothers In Arms". Bearing in mind that I haven't heard all their stuff yet! :)).

Troubadour
07-04-2011, 12:33 PM
I love Romeo and Juliet, too. Such a brilliant song. Those lyrics are great, EK, although I'm pretty sure I know what FP's favourite line is... ;)

Brothers In Arms is one of my faves, too.

Freypower
07-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Don't get me started, that's all. :guitar:

Glennsallnighter
07-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Awwwwww, do get started Julie. I love Dire Straits. BIA was one of my favourite albums in the mid eighties.

TimothyBFan
07-06-2011, 07:49 AM
All I know is that I of course knew Dire Straits big hits but can honestly say that if it hadn't been for "meeting" Julie here, I wouldn't have bought all their albums at the last album show I attended to give them a listen to.

EaglesKiwi
07-07-2011, 05:42 AM
I love Romeo and Juliet, too. Such a brilliant song. Those lyrics are great, EK, although I'm pretty sure I know what FP's favourite line is... ;)

Brothers In Arms is one of my faves, too.

Okay, I've been trying to figure it out... but there are several lines that could work so you're gonna have to tell us FP!

Troubadour
07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Can I step in here? The line I'm thinking of is "Julie, I'd do the stars with you anytime." Pretty self-explanatory! ;) I'm sure FP has a signature featuring that lyric.

Freypower
07-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Okay, I've been trying to figure it out... but there are several lines that could work so you're gonna have to tell us FP!

I'd like to know what you think the other lines are, given that I worship the entire song.

'Julie, I'd do the stars with you any time': The point is that the song is a vernacular version of Shakespeare, if you like, and Shakespeare was IMO the greatest man who ever lived, so this song is just a perfect tribute. (It also references the adaptation of the play in West Side Story in the lines 'there's a place for us/you know the movie song'). But I love it that for a second he stops calling her Juliet & gets all 'intimate' with her to tell her how much he loves her. I also think it's a beautiful image and coming straight after the 'all I do is kiss you/through the bars of a rhyme' which EK said she liked, it's even better. But because he's singing my name, which is not a name heard in songs very often, and because my mother wanted to call me Juliet but my father preferred Julie, it has extra resonance.

'You and me babe, how about it' isn't 'what light through yonder window breaks.... it is the east and Juliet is the sun' but it will do.

EaglesKiwi
07-08-2011, 06:47 AM
I love Shakespeare too :)

Okay, the other lyrics: well, "You and me babe, how about it" was one of them...

also...

I dreamed your dream for you and now your dream is real

I love you like the stars above, I'll love you 'til I die

I can't do everything, but I'll do anything for you

And I did have "I'd do the stars with you anytime" - but I hadn't picked up the change from Juliet to Julie (have been listening while driving), but that's certainly a melting moment!

I still love the idea of a song as a kiss too. Rather a lot. :inlove:

Annabel
07-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Useless fact for you but my Great, Great, Great Grandmother was a Shakespeare. Mary Shakespeare born in Henley in Arden C1793. Got to be some family connection there. :shrug: Although there are lots of Shakespeares in H-I-A around that time making a bit like being a Smith or Brown. Hard to track back without getting lost.

Glennsallnighter
07-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Born in Henley, you say Melanie? Maybe your family is also related to the Linden Henleys in some distant way, eh?

Annabel
07-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Now that would be nice. :nahnah: But I've not come across them ........ so far. Will keep looking. :hilarious:

Judy
07-16-2011, 04:21 PM
This is Austin or Mike A's next house...

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/gallery/surreal-estate-weird-wonderful-homes/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-w%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk3%7C219100

I'd be proud to own it myself.

Edit: I took a look at the inside. I'd have to totally redo it.

luvthelighthouse
07-16-2011, 04:52 PM
That house is super cool!

Judy
07-16-2011, 05:15 PM
If I could afford that house I would ask the Eagles to play a concert there.

Judy
07-16-2011, 05:19 PM
What a day! I finally figured out how to make a picture small enough so I could use it as an avatar, how to make a signature banner show up (it didn't work when I downloaded and uploaded from my hard drive) and I'm a Desperado!

GlennLover
07-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Contests on reaching [I]Desperado[I] status, Judy!

sodascouts
07-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Congrats, Judy - lookin' good!

Koala
07-17-2011, 01:48 AM
The Guitar Hous looks great!

Congrats Judy! Like your new avatar, good choice!

WalshFan88
07-17-2011, 02:24 AM
That guitar house is TOTALLY cool! Of course I'd fill the INSIDE of it with real guitars! ;) I don't have room as it is for my 25 guitars I have now. I need more space and more money to buy guitars with! :hilarious:

Judy
07-17-2011, 09:52 PM
I do like the foyer. The staircase reminded me of the end of a guitar.

I'll have to check out the guitar section on here. I'm sure there are pictures of your guitars there somewhere.

WalshFan88
07-18-2011, 05:59 PM
I'll have to check out the guitar section on here. I'm sure there are pictures of your guitars there somewhere.

Please do! I'm a gearhead and I love to collect guitars, amps, and pedals. The Gearhead thread is really the place to go if you want to look at guitars and me talking passionately about them :hilarious:

07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Austin - I'm lovin' your new banner. That is gorgeous.

And I was reading an article on the web that made a mention of a pretty maid - of course, it immediately reminded me of The Border's very own Prettymaid, Cathy. :thumbsup:

whitcap
09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
I had lunch today at a pizza place in Baton Rouge called Red Zeppelin. They had Led Zeppelin posters on the wall and a few of the menu items were named after Led Zeppelin songs. Needless to say it made me think of our resident Zeppelin fan :-D

TimothyBFan
09-26-2011, 10:05 AM
I had lunch today at a pizza place in Baton Rouge called Red Zeppelin. They had Led Zeppelin posters on the wall and a few of the menu items were named after Led Zeppelin songs. Needless to say it made me think of our resident Zeppelin fan :-D

Red Zeppelin! VERY FREAKIN' COOL!!!! And did you take any of the posters off the wall to send to that Zeppelin fan? She would've really appreciated any Pagey ones I bet!! :hilarious:

Peekaboo
09-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Hmm, does it count if I was reminded of myself? :hilarious:

I was out shopping for baby stuff with my SIL and we saw this to put in the crib.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/IMG_20110817_202121-1.jpg

That's my niece, Rylie, in the background sound asleep.

Koala
09-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Verry Cool!
BTW, your niece Rylie is very cute!

TimothyBFan
09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
:hilarious: Love it!!!! And your niece is beautiful, btw!

sodascouts
09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
lol! That's great!

Prettymaid
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Ha! Reminded of yourself? Love it!

Glennsallnighter
09-29-2011, 03:13 AM
That's a good one Peek! And your niece looks adorable!

Troubadour
09-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Very cute, Jess!

Peekaboo
10-01-2011, 04:05 AM
Aww, thanks for the comments about my niece. She really is adorable and I treasure any chance I get to see her.

Glennsallnighter
10-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm watching 'Play Your Cards Right'. There is a man on whose wife's name is Rosalind. Which of course reminds me of Julie, as thats her daughters name!

Freypower
10-07-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm watching 'Play Your Cards Right'. There is a man on whose wife's name is Rosalind. Which of course reminds me of Julie, as thats her daughters name!

How sweet! It was her 13th birthday yesterday (the 6th).

Glennsallnighter
10-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Well belated Happy Birthday to her Julie. I hope she had a wonderful day!

TimothyBFan
10-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I was just reminded of Julie also and Nancy. Just saw the advertisement on tv for the new movie called Anonymous about Shakespeare.

Freypower
10-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I was just reminded of Julie also and Nancy. Just saw the advertisement on tv for the new movie called Anonymous about Shakespeare.

I have heard the film examines the theory that the Earl of Oxford wrote the plays. :brickwall: To quote Sting 'I don't subscribe to this point of view'.... but to each their own.

GlennLover
10-07-2011, 11:30 PM
A belated Happy Birthday to Rosalind!

Prettymaid
10-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Hubby and I spent a couple of days this week at Monroe Lake in Indiana, just outside Bloomington. Of course I thought of TBF and her son Dillon who is going to college there. In fact, we drove right through campus on Wednesday. Lots of students were walking. I found myself looking at any guy with a beard!

TimothyBFan
10-15-2011, 03:59 AM
:hilarious: Very cool but there's about 45,000 students on that campus so finding him could of been difficult. Beautiful campus, isn't it? I was just telling him on the phone the other night, he needs to send me a recent picture because I'm sure his beard is getting very long again.

Glennsallnighter
10-15-2011, 05:09 AM
Wouldn't it have been a howl though if of all the 45k students PM HAD randomly bumped into Dillon? Stranger things have happened! It sounds like a beautiful campus!

Prettymaid
10-16-2011, 09:27 PM
It WAS a beautiful campus. Hubby and I commented to each other about it. Downtown Bloomington is nice too. We ate at Grazzi's on the square. It was delish!

Brooke
10-17-2011, 11:11 AM
I went to the Folklife Festival in Hannibal Saturday along with about 10,000 other people! It was fun though. Lots of good food and crafts and old time music. I saw a booth with hand decorated gourds and they reminded me of Ticky and her beautiful gourds. They had lots of them and some were very expensive. I saw one for $360.00! :shock: I think $20.00 was the cheapest. I should have taken a picture, but didn't think about it till just now! :rolleyes:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-17-2011, 07:27 PM
After finally catching up on a lot of threads since joining, after reading the Pebble Beach threads, I think of Perfect Little Sister every time I watch Chris Berman (like now).

ticky
10-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I went to the Folklife Festival in Hannibal Saturday along with about 10,000 other people! It was fun though. Lots of good food and crafts and old time music. I saw a booth with hand decorated gourds and they reminded me of Ticky and her beautiful gourds. They had lots of them and some were very expensive. I saw one for $360.00! :shock: I think $20.00 was the cheapest. I should have taken a picture, but didn't think about it till just now! :rolleyes:

Brooke! How cool!! I had some guy offer me $250 for my best two gourds a few weeks ago, but Im saving them and a couple of others I've just finished for the gallery. It's so great to see gourd art spreading like this. It's kind of an obscure art form, but it seems to be gaining in popularity. I seem to have lost my cell phone (my usual way of taking pictures and recording my newest works) but as soon as I get some real pictures of my latest work, I'll post them. Thanks for the thought *G*

Brooke
10-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Ticky, some of them had a hole cut in the front and were birdhouses. Do you do that too?

ticky
10-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Brooke, My Mom does beautiful bird houses. She's a painter and her painted bird houses go pretty fast at my sales. Mostly I do containers, objet d'art and candle holders etc... I took some pictures tonight. I'll post them in the picture thread :)

TimothyBFan
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
While out bumming around on Saturday, Larry & I stopped at a roadside stand to pick up a gallon of apple cidar and apples. He had some misc stuff for sale also and had some beautiful gourds, one with wolves and feathers, etc.... I of course also thought of Ticky and would have taken a couple of pictures but had left my phone in the car.

whitcap
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
I went out to eat earlier and while I was eating I heard Sweet on the radio. Of course I thought of Willie. The next song that came on was Led Zeppelin which made me think of Willie again.

Glennsallnighter
11-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Asses sweet indeed! Yesterday when I woke up James Taylor was playing on the radio (you've got a friend). After her incredible experience earlier this year, of course I thought of Lou!

TimothyBFan
11-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Thanks WC---Sweet and Zep back to back!!! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
11-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Asses sweet indeed! Yesterday when I woke up James Taylor was playing on the radio (you've got a friend). After her incredible experience earlier this year, of course I thought of Lou!

Aw, thanks Lis! :hug: What a nice way to wake up...

TimothyBFan
11-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Will I ever be able to hear Hotel California again without thinking of Austin? :laugh: Just heard it, and that was the first thing that came to my mind.

pueblo47
11-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Strange, huh? Every time I hear Desperado, I think of Austin too:lie:

WalshFan88
11-23-2011, 03:13 PM
TBF - LOL! HC is "my" song for sure. It's my life's theme song. LOL! :rofl:

P47 - LOL! VERY funny! :P :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
11-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah, all associate HC with you Austin.

Every morning when I'm getting ready to go to work I'm putting on lip gloss. And I think of Lissa, coz this night 3 months ago she shared her lip gloss with me before the first Fallsview show.
I had brought some loopy with me but it had gotten lost in transit!
Thanks again Lissa :hug:

Prettymaid
11-23-2011, 09:51 PM
On my short 3 minute drive back to work after lunch today I pulled up at a red light behind a vehicle with Oklahoma plates. Who do you think I thought of? Peek! And then I thought of Troub since they're both in OK together!

EaglesKiwi
11-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Yeah, all associate HC with you Austin.

Every morning when I'm getting ready to go to work I'm putting on lip gloss. And I think of Lissa, coz this night 3 months ago she shared her lip gloss with me before the first Fallsview show.
I had brought some loopy with me but it had gotten lost in transit!
Thanks again Lissa :hug:
I thought you all waited until DURING the show to get loopy!:drool:

Glennsallnighter
11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Sorry! Lippy! This iPad has predictive text and often changes what I'm saying! Without me realising!

Prettymaid
01-03-2012, 09:36 PM
This past Friday we traveled to St. Louis to have Chistmas with my nephew and his family. As we were sitting in the living room I realized I was listening to James Taylor singing Christmas songs! I immediately thought of Troubadour and asked if we were listening to a cd. My nephew said yes, it was James Taylor, A Christmas Album. I really liked it and intend to get it next holiday season, although it's been out for several years.

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2012, 10:10 AM
I was listening to a live radio show earlier. The lady on the show was called Verna. Obviously reminded me of our VA. then she said her husbands name was.... Glenn!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I was listening to a live radio show earlier. The lady on the show was called Verna. Obviously reminded me of our VA. then she said her husbands name was.... Glenn!

Wow! I like this! :yay:

Troubadour
02-10-2012, 02:56 PM
This past Friday we traveled to St. Louis to have Chistmas with my nephew and his family. As we were sitting in the living room I realized I was listening to James Taylor singing Christmas songs! I immediately thought of Troubadour and asked if we were listening to a cd. My nephew said yes, it was James Taylor, A Christmas Album. I really liked it and intend to get it next holiday season, although it's been out for several years.

I've only just seen this, but it gave me warm fuzzies!

Troubadour
03-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I text Willie about this yesterday, but I saw a pub named The Willett Arms while out with the family for Mother's Day, and it obviously made me think of TBF!

TimothyBFan
03-19-2012, 01:31 PM
I got a kick out of that!!! If I'm gonna have anything named after me, I'm glad it's a pub. :lol:

Troubadour
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
I was too slow to take a picture when we drove past it, but I just did a quick search online and, sure enough, here's the very place! It's in Wimborne, Dorset.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/TheWillettArms.jpg

03-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Very cool! Shoot - I'll never have a pub named after me! :grin: