PDA

View Full Version : Can You Duet

Maleah
08-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Did anyone watch this season of the Can You Duet show on CMT? I normally don't watch it and only saw bits and pieces of it this season, but I DID watch the finale of it. I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Steel Magnolia!!! (Did I make that clear enough? lol!) Their two songs that they did for the finale were an absolutely PERFECT fit for their voices and style! I love duos and groups were every member can sing. It provides a little variety! Anyone else get a chance to catch it? Or am I all by my lonesome? lol

Prettymaid
08-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Is that the one where Naomi Judd was a judge? I only saw part of two episodes, but my favorites were the ones that were married...I think they were from Canada...

cynd1231
08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I caught bits and pieces along the way but didn't watch regularly. I seem to recall hearing or reading that the judges actually paired people from competing duos and groups to get the end result they thought was best. Kind of reminds me of that old Brady Bunch episode where the record producers don't want all of 'em, just Greg "because he fits the suit."

Maleah
08-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Well what happens is everyone comes with their duet partner or finds one there. They then audition in front of the judges. If the judges like them together then they move on. If only one of the people is actually good then they move one person on. Then they take all those people that they passed to the next round individually and they pair them with someone they'd blend well with musically. Then from there they have to perform every week and either move on or get voted off.....like AI or Nashville Star.

Yes, Naomi Judd is a judge. The duo who won was described as the Mick Jagger and Janis Joplin of country. lol I love their sound. He actually does remind of me of Mick a little. I love his phrasing and his charisma on stage. She doesn't have the rasp in her voice all the time.....but when she brings it out...wow! But there were a few good duos!