PDA

View Full Version : Hillbilly Hoe-Down

MikeA
08-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Man, I got a strange request today! My Father-in-law plays really Country, Country Music...banjos, fiddles...that kind of stuff. Flatts and Skruggs, Hank Williams, Red Foley....I'm talking really 1930's radio stuff.

Clair plays fiddle. He's asked me to back him on guitar for our family reunion in a couple of weeks. I don't know how I'm going to fit my Epiphone Sheraton or Fender Frankenstrat into that lineup <LOL>

Is there a Country version of Black Dog? Or Hotel California? Or Life In The Fastlane?

Guess I'll have to start working on the amplified acoustic again. Should be easy though. I don't think there are any chords in that kind of music except "D", "F" and "G7". But it gets really complicated having to play that Country Waltz 3/4 beat...Dune-Chunk-Chunk, Dune-Chunk-Chunk <LOL>

Actually it should be kinda fun. Maybe I can warm them up with some House Of The Rising Sun....that's old enough to almost be Country. Or, maybe that tune by Glenn Frey...."I Dreamed There Was No War". They wouldn't have to know what it was.