PDA

View Full Version : Great, unexpected finds this weekend

conniek
08-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I went away with a good friend of mine this weekend. We stopped at an antique mall and had fun browsing around. My friend stumbled upon 4 crates of old LPs, and I jokingly said, "If I see a Poco album, I'm buying it."

Not 30 seconds later, what should I find? Yup. The Rose of Cimarron album! I was laughing so hard, I couldn't believe how it all played out. I got out my $2, anxious to secure my treasure.

As we were walking to check out, and laughing about how the album practically fell into my hands, I bumped into a poster hanging on a bookcase. It was an Eagles "The Long Run" tour poster advertising the gig in Pittsburgh on October 18, 1979. That became mine for a mere $9.

The next day, in Madison, Wisconsin, I stopped in one of my favorite music stores. There I managed to score another Poco album for 99 cents, and a CD called The Essential Poco for $8.

I'm NOT a collector of any kind, and for all of this stuff to just appear one weekend seems really funny to me. I'm a pretty new TBS fan, and am so happy to have some his older stuff.

Brooke
08-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Way to go! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Shoot, lucky you!! Congrats on your finds!

skibum1606
08-23-2009, 06:04 PM
sounds like a great find. i love going through shops that sell vintage vinyl unfortunately there aren't many around me though. the places that sell vinyl only sell the new vinyl that is wicked expensive. i am still kicking myself for not buying the Joe Perry album i came across in this one shop when i was in Maine.
enjoy your find

timfan
08-23-2009, 07:03 PM
That's great Connie! Hope you enjoy your new "treasures".

TimothyBFan
08-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Well Connie- you are probably hooked now!! Every time you pass an old record store etc, you will be checking out the vinyl! I LOVE LOVE LOVE all my vinyl. There's just something special about the bigger covers and sleeves. And good job on the poster also. :thumbsup:

Ive always been a dreamer
08-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Wow Connie - now that's what I call a 'productive' weekend! :applause: :applause:

Maleah
08-30-2009, 02:46 PM
That's AWESOME!! I was absolutely stunned yesterday to find a "No Fun Aloud" album in one of the thrift stores here!

Glennhoney
08-30-2009, 04:20 PM
..aahh..I always liked that album...I know I have it ...somewhere in my house...great find..:thumbsup:

DonFan
08-30-2009, 08:15 PM
I AM a collector and I am always browsing through antique/thrift stores. Great finds!
I love when I stumble across terrific treasures like that. One of my favorites was a beige sweatshirt embroidered with "Eagles Helll Freezes Over World Tour 1995" for $2. :thumbsup:

tbs fanatic
09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Great finds. You obviously have the 'magic shopping touch' - hey, I'm shopping with you next time :lol:.

GlennLover
09-01-2009, 03:42 PM
Wonderful finds guys! Best thing that I have found is a vinyl copy of On The Border for aroung $5.