PDA

View Full Version : Release date for Timothy's New Album

GlennLover
08-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Just found this. Timothy's new album will be released Oct 20!!! :partytime:

TimothyBFan
08-31-2009, 06:36 AM
:yay::yay: That's wonderful news for a Monday morning!!!! I wonder if we will be able to preorder it.

luvthelighthouse
08-31-2009, 12:54 PM
I hope that is a firm date. I'm excited about it!

cynd1231
08-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm researching a couple of things to see if I can find out some more detail and will report back when/if I learn anything.

By the way, TBF, I absolutely LOVE your new AV. When I saw that picture in the post the first thing I thought was, "OMG, wouldn't we love to have those hands all over us!" (We seldom see a really clear shot of Timmy's hands -- and they're just as hot and sexy as the rest of him.)

tbs fanatic
09-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Yay!:yay:

timfan
09-03-2009, 09:35 PM
I just found another blog referring a release date for Timothy's album. However I would caution that this is all speculative at this point until we get official confirmation from Timothy or his people.

http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/music-news-new-music/2009/9/2/shorts-los-lonely-boys-lyle-lovett-timothy-b-schmit-taylor-s.html

Ive always been a dreamer
09-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for that, tf. Well, you would think that if they are giving details including the record label, etc. that things are looking pretty promising. I wonder why Tim hasn't made an official announcement? :headscratch:

sodascouts
09-04-2009, 09:48 PM
I do too!

I just hope it turns out to be true and we will all own Expando in just two monts!

cynd1231
09-05-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm awaiting some additional information about the confirmation of this date, hope to have something soon. IN THE MEANTIME -- HEADS UP:

I went over to losthighway.com and signed up for what they call their "Street Team"...which is essentially a blog board (although there are some other things available, depending on where you live and how much time you have). BUT HERE IS AN INTERESTING PIECE OF INFORMATION --

THEY SEND OUT PROMOTION CD'S ON NEW RELEASES TO THE STREET TEAM MEMBERS!!!

The Street Teams are essentially fans who support the artists they promote -- i.e., TBS!! ANYWAY...the intro/welcome email I got has a section regarding promotional CD's and here's it is verbatum:

"We loved to send music-lovers new music. It not only brings you the joy that comes from listening to music but it also gives you first-hand knowledge of the albums you'll be supporting -- and how else can you answer questions from folks asking you what an album sounds like, if you like it, etc.?.....Only members with a rank of Private and higher will receive all Lost Highway releases when they come out. The next shipment of promotional CD's will go out on 9/29 with the release of our next album. For those of you who are Privates or higher on 9/22, you will receive both Willie Nelson and Robert Earl Keen."

THERE IS TIME FOR ALL OF YOU TO SIGN UP AND ACHIEVE THE RANK OF "PRIVATE" BY THAT DATE...I DID IT IN TWO DAYS! With EXPANDO scheduled for release 10/20, it means you/we could actually be eligible for get it shipped to us from Lost Highway/Fancorps at NO COST!!!!! Honest, ladies....this is worth checking out!

sodascouts
09-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Oooh cynd thanks for the heads up! So why do you think TBS will be among the promo CDs they ship out? Because I am TOTALLY joining if it is!

cynd1231
09-05-2009, 12:45 PM
To further quote the welcome email I got from Lost Highway:

"In the past we've automatically sent the entire team every album we release on/around the date it hits stores..."

The only change they've made is that you now have to be a rank of 'Private' or higher to get the releases......to achieve 'Private' you only need to accrue 31 points or more -- and 31 points is easy!!! So, since their info indicates "every album we release" that would HAVE to include EXPANDO!

(FYI -- if you look closely at LROOE, Lost Highway was also involved in the release/distribution of that one!)

sodascouts
09-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Oooh! I am so signing up!

TimothyBFan
09-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Just got an alert about the pre-order and already been to Amazon and pre-ordered!!!:thumbsup: Makes it all real now!!! Can't wait!!!

Freypower
09-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Oh good, so I can go to Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.

glenneaglesfan
09-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Very exciting to have a new album! Good luck with those of you joining the street team.:thumbsup:

tbs fanatic
09-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Sounds good. I wonder though does 'Promo CD' mean the actual CD or does it mean a sample of songs from the CD?? When I see promo I often think it is something to entice me to buy the real deal.

09-08-2009, 11:26 AM
I went on Amazon to pre-order Expando, and then I changed my mind. I decided to just wait until a day or two after it is released before ordering it. I remembered when I pre-ordered Long Road Out of Eden that I didn't receive the CD until 4 days after the release date. I was so upset that I said to myself that I would never pre-order again. Then, a couple of months ago when Don's "Best of" package was released, I went to several stores the day of and 2 or 3 days after and couldn't find it. Finally, on the 4th day, I went onto Amazon and ordered it brand new at a significant discount and received my package 3 days later. I think I'm going to try the same thing with Tim's new release.

cynd1231
09-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I was never able to locate Don's "Best of" at any of the FIVE Walmarts in my immediate area and ended up having to order online. In fact, I'm still not seeing it any of the stores around here.

sodascouts
09-08-2009, 04:00 PM
I think I'll hold off on pre-ordering, too, although I imagine I'll have to buy online. I'm just going to wait and see if we can order it through his site.

I'm frankly astonished they haven't put up anything about Expando on his official site yet!

timfan
09-08-2009, 05:04 PM
yeah I am holding off on ordering for the same the reasons as Dreamer and Soda.

In terms of Timothy's site I am puzzled by it not being updated with the Expando info as well.

cynd1231
09-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Re the TBS website, I have to agree that it's odd not to see any updates. You'd think with the release date less than six weeks away there would be something! I just keep checking everyday. Of course, I do the same with the band website, hoping for a hint of things to come in 2010.

TimothyBFan
09-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Well you all are showing more patience than I did! I went ahead and pre ordered. No way am I trying to find it in a store and I think his sight is ridiculously kept and so will not wait to see if can pre order there. You would think they would keep it up especially when you have an album to promote. I figure if they do do something "special" for the sight, I can always order a second copy. Can never have to much Timmy right?

skibum1606
09-09-2009, 04:01 PM
can people actually see Tim's site? cause when i go to try and view it all that comes up is a block of red

sodascouts
09-09-2009, 06:30 PM
I get that in the Firefox brower, but am able to see it in IE. I guess the flash intro is not compatible with the Firefox browser at this time.

TimothyBFan
09-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Same here--need to use IE but it still hasn't been updated in like forever.

sodascouts
09-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Well, I updated my flash player, but still no luck in Firefox. :(

If the site doesn't update before a couple weeks prior, I'm going to pre-order it. I seriously doubt any local stores will carry it, sad to say.

timfan
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Assuming Tim and his people do it the same as they did for Feed the fire, all ordering it thru Tim's site means is a link to amazon. I am holding out the slim hope that because it is being released through a fairly signifigant record label that it might actually be out in stores too. Until I hear otherwise I have decided to wait to order it.

However like Soda if it gets really close to the Oct 20th and we have heard nothing I'll probably break down and order it thru amazon LOL

cynd1231
09-11-2009, 07:33 PM
SUGGESTION: Check out the links for Lost Highway Records and Fancorps...since Lost Highway is the label/distributor, as it gets closer to the release date they should have updated information.

tbs fanatic
09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
I went to the Lost Highway Records site. Did not see anything for Tim but did notice they have Donavon Frankenreiter listed. I really like his voice - especially his song 'Move It Around'.

TimothyBFan
09-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Look at this in Billboard!! Impressive!

http://www.billboard.com/news/eagles-timothy-b-schmit-sets-solo-album-1004012064.story#/news/eagles-timothy-b-schmit-sets-solo-album-1004012064.story

TimothyBFan
09-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Well we now have a track list. Can't wait to hear White Boy From Sacramento. :hilarious: How exciting this is!!

Brooke
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Great!

You know, for some reason I just can NOT see Timothy and Kid Rock together, let alone Tim and Jean going to his house for a party! :shock:

luvthelighthouse
09-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Of course, no plans to tour... Grrr, that just makes me mad. :sad: Bite the bullet Tim and promote this thing, will ya!

However, I'm so excited to have the track listing! Still slated for the 20th too, so that's good.

I can't wait to hear it! I really like Kid Rock and Dwight, so I'm sure I'll like that song! I can't wait to hear these songs, since he wrote them all. It's the closest thing to getting into him mind we have. :)

timfan
09-15-2009, 02:51 PM
That's awesome to finally get confirmation of the release date and to get the track listing. Now I am getting REALLY excited about the upcoming CD . Somehow it seems more real now. I especially loved this in the article:

Schmit has not yet announced tour plans to promote "Expando."

If we timmy-fans could only be so lucky! Who knows though!

cynd1231
09-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Looking over the track list, I note that just like "Song for Owen" on Feed The Fire, this new release has a song called "Ella Jean" which is obviously written for the Mrs. since that's her actual name. I'm looking forward to hearing the entire album!!

Freypower
09-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Wow! 'Compassion'? 'Melancholy'? Either he's been listening to Van Morrison or this is how he feels after an Eagles recording session.:)

DonFan
09-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Timothy's new album sounds like it will be terrific! Personally, I can't wait to hear this one: "Secular Praise" featuring the Blind Boys Of Alabama. I live in Alabama and that is a great (and inspiring) group.

tbs fanatic
09-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Great!

You know, for some reason I just can NOT see Timothy and Kid Rock together, let alone Tim and Jean going to his house for a party! :shock:

LOL - my thoughts exactly :hilarious:

09-16-2009, 11:02 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

While it's a little early to start the countdown, things are looking up. The track list sounds very interesting, and I am really anxious to hear it.

Freypower
09-17-2009, 12:53 AM
I absolutely will not be missing out on this. Here is Undercover's story:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=9280_Timothy_B._Schmit_Rounds_Up_His _All_Star_Friends

Koala
09-17-2009, 03:01 AM
now I have pre-ordered Expando and in addition I have ordered Tell Me the Truth!

timfan
09-22-2009, 12:35 PM
They have released the cover art for Expando:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/expando_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Expando-Timothy-B-Schmit/dp/B002NPUCQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1253637123&sr=8-1

09-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks for posting that, tf. It is really pretty and all that, but where is the picture of the hot male singer??? :lol:

timfan
09-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I know Dreamer I had the same reaction!

If i remember correctly (from an interview with timothy), That cover is painted by Jean (Timothy's wife).

TimothyBFan
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
Several points I wish to make -and please remember that these are just my opinion but also keep in mind that I have LOVED this man and his music for over 30 years.

1. Personally, I think this cover is, ummm, different. (seemed nicer than weird or strange)

2. Amazon still doesn't have the playlist on their sight and that just seems weird since we show that it was released last week. That could just be Amazon not being on the ball, but I think since they have an album cover they would also show a playlist but what do I know anyways?

3. I think it's really strange that his "official" site still hasn't been updated at all. Not even a mention of a new album. Does anyone else think that it's kinda funny if you have an album to promote and SELL, that you wouldn't make sure that the "official" site is updated?

Those are just my 2 cents. Anybody else have a take on this?

ETA: Dreamer brought something else to my attention so I am compelled to add ..

#4. What about the title? I'm hoping I will eventually be enlightened on what it means because so far I don't get it.

luvthelighthouse
09-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Are you guys kidding me? That cover is heinous! An orange? C'mon! The name was bad enough, but adding that cover art isn't exactly going to sell CD's. I looked at it closely, it appears to be Timothy's hand holding the orange...

All I know is the content needs to be better than the packaging... which I'm confindent it will be.

Okay, that's all I have to say about that for now!:hilarious:

09-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Well, of course, I was kidding (kinda) about the hot male singer thing! :twisted:

Seriously, though I think the cover is really attractive, and it is cool that Jean had a part in it. I'm sure I'll have some thoughts about the meaning after I have more time to think about it. I just want to make sure that others agree with me about one thing - is that an orange?

ETA: I hadn't read the comments of TBF or ltl when I posted this. But, it'll be interesting to see what others reactions are.

GlennLover
09-22-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree, TBF, especially about Timothy not mentioning it on his official site. You would think that he would use all the publicity that he could get (within reason, LOL). Updating his website would be such a logical & easy way of promoting the album.

timfan
09-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I think with Timothy and his official site we need to remember something he said in a previous diary to the effect of: That he has lost some interest in the site and had only put the site together as a promotional tool for his 2001 album. Therefore IMO I suspect the site will be updated and probably redone to coincide with the Oct 20th release date to work once again as a promotional tool for the new CD. I could be wrong of course but that seems to make sense to me.

Koala
09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting the cover.
I like the cover, times something else!
In addition I find that that the content (the songs) are much more important!

luvthelighthouse
09-22-2009, 02:23 PM
TBF, I hadn't read your post until now. You posted while I was typing... your thoughts seem similiar to mine, only much much nicer!

Yes, it's an orange! I saved the pic and then blew it up. It appears to look like Tim's fingers and an orange... :headscratch:

sodascouts
09-22-2009, 03:55 PM
They have released the cover art for Expando:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/expando_.jpg

Shoot, you can barely read his name and title at the top. It's gray on gray.

Heck, if I had called my album "Expando" I would probably make it hard to read, too. I believe he's said that he chose it because it was Spanish for "I expand," and he felt like he was expanding beyond what he'd done before. Still, to many English-speakers (the main market demographic for the album), it sounds odd - at least from the response I've seen. To me, it sounds like a silly made-up word intended to make a plain word sound grander.

However, I truly think the reason for the small name and title is basically aesthetic. His wife has created this piece of art and he doesn't want to mess it up by slapping his name and album title across it.

Just guessing, but I think he gave his wife free reign to design whatever cover art she liked. I can see how thematically you could argue this fits because the mundane orange/hand photo is being "expanded" into something exotic by an alteration of its environment created by adding an artist's touch... an essentially post-modern approach. I say this because I figure it must be symbolic of something. I daresay she wouldn't slap a random image onto it. I guess we can all attribute to it whatever meaning we like, and my interpretation is no better than anyone else's.

Lots of albums have artistic cover art that sacrifices clarity of name and title for aesthetics, so this isn't terribly abnormal. Perhaps they think art will attract the eye more than just another photo of the artist, like so many other albums. Plus, he doesn't have face recognition like a lot of the people who choose to do their photo as the cover.

In light of that, I think it was a good choice to use art instead of his photo.

As to the choice of THIS art - well, frankly, to a lot of folks (myself included), postmodern art just looks downright weird. I mean no offense to those who like it, but it's not for me. However, even if you don't like it, your eye is drawn to it with its striking color contrast and unusual look - and that's all they want! Objective achieved!

luvthelighthouse
09-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Soda-

I think you are giving it too much credit. My first thought went to my childhood... when they had those cards about tiolet humor. The card would look like the inside of a toilet flushing in black grey and white... looks VERY similiar to this!

If I saw that in a store, I'd pass it up. It does not "grab" me at all, but rather turns me away. I have no issue w/TBS not being on the cover... but his wife and daughter are both artists and surely they can come up with better than this! IMO!

Freypower
09-22-2009, 08:21 PM
My 2 cents..... I think it's very eye catching.

Compare it with the front cover of Strange Weather. At least it appears to be making some sort of statement.

Brooke
09-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I'm going to have to go with the majority here. It's pretty wierd. Can't say I like it at all. At first I thought it was an egg.

As far as promoting goes, what's he promoting? His wife, the artist or himself, the musician? Certainly not himself with this! :shrug:

EagleLady
09-23-2009, 10:08 AM
I've seen some very harsh criticism of the cover. My opinion is, It's just fine.

cynd1231
09-23-2009, 10:24 AM
While the cover art wouldn't have been my first choice, I prefer to wait and hear the CD...I believe in the old adage "You can't judge a book by it's cover"! I'm really much more interested in the music.

tbs fanatic
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Okay, have to add my two cents here. On first glimpse I thought it was the sun :hilarious: but now I see the orange. It's pretty weird but I'm sure it must have some great meaning to Tim. I don't think it would really jump out at someone who is not a Tim/Eagles fan. Although I can see not wanting to cover the art work with your name/title I think it needs to be a bit more prominent than that. So we shall see. Anxious to hear the music.

Tim - start promoting this thing else who is going to know about it.

timfan
09-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I must say my first impression of this cover was similar to many others: WTH? but as I have examined the cover art more I have grown to like it more and more. it is intersting and exotic and seems to be trying to show the meaning of the word Expando; as in expanding our minds beyond our comfort zones.... JMHO of course.

timfan
09-24-2009, 11:10 AM
Well Timothy's site has been updated... kinda! It still hasn't been changed to reflect the new album but it now refers to the August Contest winners on the front page rather than the July contest winners.
So perhaps they are waiting til the album is released to change the site.

TimothyBFan
09-24-2009, 11:16 AM
TF--apparently you didn't see who one of those winners was. :hilarious: Our own Maleah won one of the pics!! HOW COOL!!!!!! I'm so :jealous:.

timfan
09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
yes i did and i started a thread (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1998) for it lol

TimothyBFan
09-24-2009, 11:30 AM
And so you did-about the exact same time I was posting. To funny! :thumbsup:

I can't wait to hear if it's a new publicity shot to go along with the new album. Hope Maleah gets it quickly so post it here so we know!

TimothyBFan
09-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Check this out that I just got an ebay alert on!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eagles-Timothy-B-Schmit-NEW-CD-Expando_W0QQitemZ400075089273QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMu sic_CDs?hash=item5d26556579&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

That's just insane. You would at least think that if you are going to do it, at least update it with a proper picture and tracklist! These kind of sellers make me angry.

timfan
09-24-2009, 12:49 PM
and earlier they had the release date wrong too!

tbs fanatic
09-24-2009, 02:26 PM
I see they do have a picture of the new cd but they have written 'Thank You' on it??????? How weird.

Maleah
09-25-2009, 12:01 AM
I will definently post a copy of the pic when I get it! So excited!!!

My thoughts on the cover - I think it's eye catching. If I were walking down an aisle of cd's...it would draw my attention because of the contrast and design. HOWEVER...that being said...I do NOT get the orange thing. lol At first glance I thought it was the sun and I thought that was cool. I still think it would have looked cooler if it had looked like he was holding the sun. The orange is kinda weird. lol But regardless, I still find it unique and eye catching. Can't wait to hear it!

timfan
09-29-2009, 06:16 PM
A new tidbit about Expando!

In the opening write up on Timothy's newly designed official site; it is mentioned that Timothy's son Ben is one of the musicians featured on the Expando CD, playing drums and lead guitar on the song "White Boy from Sacramento" How amazing is that??

TimothyBFan
10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Oh Crap--it's being released on vinyl also! Guess I will just have to get both now won't I?

http://www.amazon.com/Expando-Timothy-B-Schmit/dp/B002NPUCQC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1254506581&sr=1-2

timfan
10-12-2009, 11:45 AM
As I mentioned in another thread Amazon now has 30 seconds previews of each of the songs from Expando. I already have a few favourites! :partytime:

Freypower
10-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I've decided not to listen to the 30 second previews, as this will be my first purchase of a new Tim album and I want to treasure it, plus I was impressed enough by Parachute & Friday Night.

timfan
10-12-2009, 06:02 PM
aww that's soo sweet FP! You are right it'll make it all the more special when you get the actual CD. :thumbsup:

GlennLover
10-17-2009, 06:14 PM
I just went to Amazon Canada to check the availability of Expando. It is available Oct 20 @ $14.99 for the CD & $22.99 for Vinyl.

I was surprised at some of the prices for his other albums, although I heard that they were expensive on EBay. Other than Playin' It Cool @ $14.99 & Feed the Fire @ $17.99 which are available directly from Amazon, the others range from starting prices of $112 to $166 for mainly used copies from Other Sellers. :-( I guess that I'll have to start my Timothy collection with Expando.

TimothyBFan
10-18-2009, 10:41 AM
EL--If you can actually get feed the fire for $17.99 DO IT!!! That is a great price. Actually I bet if you tried to order it off Amazon, you might not actually get it. The other really hard one to get is Tell Me The Truth. Playin' It Cool and Timothy B. are alot easier to get then the others and usually for some good prices. I have been trying for a year to get 2nd copies of his albums "just in case" but I refuse to pay some of those prices for them.

GlennLover
10-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks, TBF. I'm not going to pay over $100 for a CD. I'm not going to buy anything unless it is a reasonable price.

tbs fanatic
10-19-2009, 11:52 AM
WOW! I can not believe those prices :stunned: Amazing!

Prettymaid
10-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Good news for all of us that want to run out and buy the cd tomorrow!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9524678&type=product&id=2049374

EasyFeeling
10-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Oooooh, there a new Timmy album? :D I bet it won't release in Germany :ack: I have to look for it...

tbs fanatic
10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Going back to the topic of the artwork. Does anyone know if Jean has a site where she shows more of her artwork? I have not been able to find anything but I am not very computer savvy so perhaps you guys would have more luck.

cynd1231
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I've never been able to really find ANYTHING about Jean online except a minor mention regarding her bit role in Spinal Tap. She had a speaking part at the beginning of the movie, lasts about ten seconds. Apparently she elected to pursue other avenues, i.e. her art, rather than acting. But I've never been able to find anything about her art. It's rather a shame because I'd be interested to see what she's done. Makes me wonder if she specializes in commercial art (albums/cd's, books, etc.).

cynd1231
10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
For those of you having problems finding Expando at your local retailers, I just saw online that Barnes & Noble is carrying it...so if you have one in your neighborhood give them a call and ask! I also saw references to "CD Universe" and "Overstock.com".

TimothyBFan
10-29-2009, 02:03 PM
I found this blog today when I was doing a search- Like I said in Eagles in the Press thread-can't read any of it but it does have some neat pictures.

http://jwcoco.exblog.jp/i5/

I wonder if Jean did this one or where it came from?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/TimothyBSchmitdrawingExpando.jpg

Prettymaid
10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Good find TBF! I can't read any of it either, but is that an ad for Timothy shampoo on that site? :laugh:

sodascouts
10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
That blog has been around awhile! If I remember correctly, the person who does it is a graphic artist (or at least dabbles in it as a hobby). I imagine that the picture above it a treated photograph blended with some other objects.

cynd1231
10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Did anyone else surf around that website? I clicked on a couple of the links and found this: LOL

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200905/31/46/b0063146_3101851.jpg

Maleah
10-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Don and Glenn especially frighten me in that last one! LOL

Prettymaid
10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
That is just wrong on so many levels... :sad: