PDA

View Full Version : Reba McEntire

EagleLady
08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Not sure if there was a thread already made about her, but I wonder if there are any Reba fans out there? She is in her 50's and still looks Young, I love her duet with Don and her Sitcom.

luvthelighthouse
09-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I've been a Reba fan for a long time! While I won't claim to know everything about her, I know I like her music. I saw her in concert and she was wonderful! At first I didn't know what I'd think about her show, but it was kinda funny and clever. Too bad it got cancelled.

She has some songs that I just love: Fancy (the extended version), Jolene, One Promise Too Late, They Asked About You, Whoever's in New England, Only in My Mind... I'm sure I could go on...

AmarilloByMorning
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
I love Reba! "Fancy" is certainly spectacular, but my favorite will always be "I'd Rather Ride Around with You." For some reason it makes me think of tooling around after school as a senior in high school with the windows rolled down. She has a special place in my heart because "The Greatest Man I Never Knew" is the only song in history that has ever made me tear up - you have to hand it to her, she knows how to pluck every last emotion from a lyric.

Did you guys pick up Reba Duets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reba_Duets)? Probably a superfluous inquiry given that we're on an Eagles board and she had a duet with one Mr. Henley, but it's quite impressive how she manages to successfully navigate several different genres on one disc. And I love that she duets with other female stars - none of the competitve nonsense that I've never understood. (We girls have to stick together.) That track with LeAnn Rimes just floors me every time. And the Carole King number! Simply fabulous. If you guys don't have the album, it's the first I've purchased in a long, long time and not regretted. There are only a few duds - oddly, the Henley , Rascal Flatts and Vince Gill duets... three of my favorite artists. Who would've thought I would like something with Justin Timberlake on it? Behold the power of Reba.