PDA

View Full Version : Border Chat Party Sept. 11, 8:00 pm Eastern Time

sodascouts
09-01-2009, 03:32 PM
OK, folks, I've edited this first post to make it clear what's going on!

On Friday, September 11, 8:00 pm Eastern Time, we're gonna get together in the good old Border chat room (accessible by the link that says "FlashChat" on the upper forum bar menu in between UserCP and FAQ).

We're going to watch the Peoria show from 1994 [ETA: I mean 2004, sorry for the confusion!] If you don't have this bootleg, PM me and let me know and I'll send it out. Gotta do so early enough for me to get it for you, though!

We'll probably also watch snatches of HFO and F1 if we have time - the "old faithfuls" lol.

Even if you don't have the video, come on in. We'll be talking about all sorts of things. If you can't stay the whole time, it's cool - pop in and say hi! :)

GlennLover
09-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Friday usually looks better for me. What will we watch?

Brooke
09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Friday would possibly work for me, too. Saturday never works.

ticky
09-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I *think* Friday works for me. As far as I know, Im there!!

Freypower
09-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Friday (Saturday my time) should be OK.

sodascouts
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Alright, things looking good for the Friday after next! Now, what to watch... we usually hit up the usuals like HFO and F1, but it would be nice to do something different as well. If we do a bootleg, we have to know enough in advance so I can send out copies to those who need one.

Here's my bootleg video list:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/trade/dvd.htm

Any ideas?

Freypower
09-01-2009, 08:14 PM
My personal preferences are Peoria and East Rutherford, although Mountain View and of course Christchurch are good from the HFO era.

sodascouts
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Out of those, I'd say Peoria or Christchurch. The guys are in a fun mood at Peoria and, of course, you can never beat Christchurch 1995. The best bootleg I've ever seen.

Of course, the early material is also lots of fun. London '73, Seattle '76, and Houston '76 are all great. Not much for Tim fans there, though. :(

TimothyBFan
09-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Friday should work here also.

I'm never sure if I can actually watch the video or not--depends on the other half you know. As far as which one, Christchurch :shock::thud::drool: but wasn't that what we watched during our last chat or am I mistaken? I don't believe I've ever seen Peoria. That would be great if I can get a copy of it also. Let me know what you need from me.

GlennLover
09-02-2009, 10:15 AM
I'll go with the majority, although I would like to see something that I haven't seen before. I have Christchurch & Houston.

sodascouts
09-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Let's go ahead and commit to Peoria, then. Everybody who needs a copy, PM me!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Hopefully, I can make Friday night as well.

Prettymaid
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I do not have a TV in the computer room, so I am unable to watch the video with you all simultaneously. Can I still pop in and say hi (if I'm around)?

Glennsallnighter
09-02-2009, 03:46 PM
I will not be able to make Friday night or Saturday night as hubby is still on holidays. :worried: :cry: But the rest of you have fun. Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Brooke
09-02-2009, 04:33 PM
I do not have a TV in the computer room, so I am unable to watch the video with you all simultaneously. Can I still pop in and say hi (if I'm around)?

Of course!

Hmmmm, just realized I'm in the same boat. May have to do a bit of moving around so I can join in the fun! :worried:

sodascouts
09-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Feel free to come in regardless! Ticky suggested I upload the show. I don't think I'll be able to upload all of the songs - it's quite long - but maybe a few.

Freypower
09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I assume this will be at 8pm Eastern as usual?

sodascouts
09-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes - let me change the title of the thread and the initial post.

cynd1231
09-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Sorry to sound stupid everyone but this is my first go-round with a Chat Party. Can you tell me what I need to do?

ticky
09-02-2009, 09:13 PM

I watch the video on my computer and toggle back and forth between the vid and chat... Do you have DVD on your computer?

sodascouts
09-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Sorry to sound stupid everyone but this is my first go-round with a Chat Party. Can you tell me what I need to do?

The first thing you need to do is make sure you have the video we're gonna watch (in this case, Peoria 2004). If you don't have it, you can PM me. If you aren't able to get it, then it's OK to come on in anyway! We'll probably watch some HFO and maybe some F1 too.

The basic premise is that we all slip in our DVDs, chat, and have an "Eagles night." Maybe drink some pink champagne on ice. ;)

To get into chat, go to the link that says "FlashChat" on the upper forum bar menu in between UserCP and FAQ. If you're a member, you can get in no problem. Just use your username and password from the board.

And - ouila - you're in a Border chat party!

Freypower
09-02-2009, 11:30 PM
And Soda, so as not to bother you with this during the party, how do I change the time in FlashChat? At the moment the time here is 1.32 pm but if I went into chat it would show 12.32 pm. I couldn't find any options that would let me do it. I am sure that in the past it showed the same time as I have the board (GMT +10 or 11 if daylight saving).

Prettymaid
09-03-2009, 08:38 AM
I watch the video on my computer and toggle back and forth between the vid and chat... Do you have DVD on your computer?

:doh:Yes I do! We had never added the software. I just did and I am toggling back and forth right now from here to HFO! Thanks Ticky!

Please forgive my computer naivete. :blush:

Brooke
09-03-2009, 10:03 AM
No dvd on my computer. Another reason to HATE my Mac!

cynd1231
09-03-2009, 11:04 AM
I guess I got lucky...my roommate gave me a new widescreen monitor for my birthday last year...has 'picture-in-picture' so I can watch and be online at the same time. I use it a lot to watch my DVD's while on chatting, emailing or just working on the computer. What a blessing!

Peekaboo
09-06-2009, 07:18 AM
I've got that night off from work but I may or may not be going to a Melissa Ethridge concert that night. My mom was given tickets and she hasn't been able to talk my dad into going with her so it may end up being a mother/daughter outing. I don't have the Peoria dvd but I'll try to drop in that night if I can.

Brooke
09-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Don't forget chat tonight everyone!

I did manage to get my tv and dvd player moved to my computer room this morning. Ugh! Now I've just realized that I may not have the Peoria dvd! I have a Peoria dvd, but am thinking it's not 1994's! :rolleyes: I'll have to check it out later! Oh well, I'll be there anyway. I'll just dream about what you're watching! I could possibly be a bit late, so don't wait on me.

GlennLover
09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Brooke, it's Peoria 2004 that we will be watching. Hopefully that's the one that you have. See you in the chat! :)

Brooke
09-11-2009, 04:26 PM
We're going to watch the Peoria show from 1994.

Ok, I'm confused!

sodascouts
09-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Careless error on my part! I'm so embarrassed! Sorry to confuse. ::blush::

GlennLover
09-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Careless error on my part! I'm so embarrassed! Sorry to confuse

Nancy, I didn't mean to embarass you. I didn't even notice your mistake! I had just picked up my copy from our mailbox, brought it home & opened it. I saw Peoria 2004 written on it. I was having a bad day today & decided to put it right in the DVD player to watch some of it. But, before I started watching, I signed on to "The Border" to see if there were any comments about tonight & saw Brooke's post. Because I had just read the date on the DVD I noticed that the date in Brooke's post was wrong. I probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. Thanks again for copying the disks & sending them. :thumbsup:

:-( While I was typing this a friend called to ask us to go out to dinner. My hubby wants to go & truthfully so do I, but I hate to miss the chat. It will be a late dinner so I probably won't be back before the chat is over, but if I am I will login. Enjoy the chat everyone. By the way, I got a real kick out of Glenn's "dancing" on ASWTDID. Made my day! :hilarious:

sodascouts
09-11-2009, 07:06 PM
GL, you didn't embarrass me, you set the record straight! Otherwise Brooke would still believe she had the wrong DVD.

But I'm sorry to hear you won't be there, GL. :(

Troubadour
09-11-2009, 07:21 PM
It's past midnight here in the UK - the beginning of my much-cherished weekend off. I've been working from 7am until 9.30pm today, had a couple of drinks to relax, and I am so ready for Peoria!!! :partytime:

cynd1231
09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
This is my first FlashChat and I'm looking forward to it. BUT we're having nasty thunderstorms here in Albuquerque right now so I'm hoping they clear out...just what I need is a lightening strick to fry my computer!!!

Freypower
09-11-2009, 11:34 PM
For those of you who were there (or are still here) thanks so much for coming! It's been awesome!

cynd1231
09-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Had a truly awesome time. Thanks, everyone, for making my first Chat Party so memorable!!!

For anyone who's interested, my son is a drummer out in the Boston area. Check out the band's website at www.swamptones.com (http://www.swamptones.com). They've got music uploaded that you can listen to right on the site. They play a variety of stuff but especially a lot of 'cajun' as well as some more popular stuff.

Thanks again for a really great evening......:partytime:

Brooke
09-12-2009, 10:18 AM
It was a fun evening! I'm so glad I turned out to have the right dvd! I think we should plan one of these every month!

Thanks for coming everyone!

luvthelighthouse
09-12-2009, 11:01 AM
I didn't jump on until almost everyone had gone and the dvd watching was over... but needless to say, when I did jump in, we had fun. A couple of drinks and our favorite band made for good conversation. :angel: hee hee

ticky
09-12-2009, 11:04 AM
It was great, as always. I missed the hanger-oners viewing of HFO, which I would be willing to RE-watch anytime anyone wants!!!!! but I really loved Peoria. Thanks again Nancy!

Troubadour
09-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, thanks guys. I'm exhausted today, but it was a lot of fun! :cheers:

sodascouts
09-12-2009, 04:16 PM
It was a blast guys! Thanks for coming!

TimothyBFan
09-14-2009, 08:40 AM
What a great chat party, conversation and dvd!! It was great to see so many there. I sure enjoyed it and sorry I missed HFO but I sure was regretting the fact I had been up so late at 3 the next morning when I had to get up to get ready for the long drive ahead. Ugh!! Can't wait for the next one!

eaglesvet
09-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Sorry I missed it...wasn't organized enough to be involved yet! Hopeful for the next one.