PDA

View Full Version : RIP Henry Gibson

ticky
09-17-2009, 12:03 AM
A lot of you probably dont remember Laugh In or this little man's contribution to comedy, but I remember him and his characters very well.

God Bless you, Henry Gibson. You always made me laugh.

via CNN-

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor Henry Gibson, who played roles ranging from loopy poets to vengeful Illinois Nazis and cranky judges during a 40-year film and television career, has died at age 73, his representatives said Wednesday.

Henry Gibson had a role as a neo-Nazi in the cult movie classic "The Blues Brothers."

Gibson was a regular on "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In," where he was known for popping up to read short, humorous poems during the show's 1968-71 run.

He was a frequent guest star on television shows from the 1970s through the mid-2000s, with a recurring role as a judge on ABC's "Boston Legal" as late as 2008.

His movie roles included turns in two of director Robert Altman's 1970s films, "Nashville" and "The Long Goodbye," and as the neo-Nazi leader pursuing John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd in "The Blues Brothers."

No details of his death were immediately available, said Peter Gross, a spokesman Talentworks LA, which represented Gibson.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/16/obit.henry.gibson/art.henry.gibson.gi.jpg

Ive always been a dreamer
09-17-2009, 12:22 AM
For those "less mature" members who may not remember, Laugh In was a huge comedy variety TV show known for it's wacky off-the-wall humor. It's the show where Goldie Hawn got her start. Henry Gibson had a very dry humor and his characters were hilarious. Another one of my favorite roles of his was he was the voice of 'Wilbur' the pig in 1970's animated film 'Charlotte's Web'. My thoughts go out to his family.

AzEaglesFan
09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
I loved Laugh In and watch every show that I could. Henry Gibson was one of the best part of that show although other people got more attention that he did.

TimothyBFan
09-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Love Laugh In but can honestly say I didn't know what his name was. Sure remember him tho. RIP

GlennLover
09-17-2009, 11:11 AM
When I think of him, I remember him on Laugh In, reciting poems. In particular I picture him bashfully introducing "'A Flower' by Henry Gibson". He was always one of my favourites on the show. RIP Henry