PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley in Norfolk, Virginia - Nov. 20

sodascouts
09-28-2009, 10:29 AM
11/20/2009 Norfolk, Virginia
Venue: Constant Convocation Center
Tickets on sale Oct. 2 through venue site (http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=CON&linkID=global-odu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=)

Molly
09-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh my, that's awfully close to someone's house...and someone's b-day!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-29-2009, 07:00 PM
:nod: :nod: :nod:

Think I should go????? :wink:

EagleLady
09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Yes! :thumbsup:

Britt
09-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I have been on Ticketmaster all day trying to get at least 1st or 5th row to the concert in Hamilton. Nothing so far, the closest I can get is 9th row. Is there a trick to getting a closer row, like maybe front row....I`m frustrated...I so want to go but at the same time I want to be very very close. :brickwall:

09-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Britt - Purchasing concert tickets can be very frustrating. Very seldom can you find tickets in the first few rows on Ticketmaster, especially this far out from the date of the show. Unfortunately, there is quite a 'mystery' surrounding this. It seems the best tickets somehow always land in the hands of brokers who sell them in the secondary market way above face value. Sometimes, TM will release good tickets as you get close to the show date, but it's hit and miss, and you have to keep checking the site very frequently.

Your only other option (if you are willing to pay over face value) is to check online broker sites, and places like ebay and Craig's List. If you are real brave, you can wait until you get to the venue on the day of the show, and see if there are good unused tickets that have been released. This is risky, but sometimes you really luck out.

Britt
09-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks! It is really frustrating. Maybe I should have taken 9th row. I can't take many chances..has it is a 5 hour drive for me. I will keep trying. Thanks again I really appreciate it.

09-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Good luck with your ticket search, Britt. If you have your heart set on getting tickets in the first few rows and are willing to pay more than face value, TM will redirect you to some broker sites such as Tickets Now and TicketZoom. Otherwise, if you really want to get something at face value, the only thing to do is just keep checking frequently and hope that better tickets are released, especially as you get closer to the show date. Keep us posted on what you decide. No matter what tickets you decide on, I'm sure you'll have a great time. :thumbsup:

Britt
09-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Good luck with your ticket search, Britt. If you have your heart set on getting tickets in the first few rows and are willing to pay more than face value, TM will redirect you to some broker sites such as Tickets Now and TicketZoom. Otherwise, if you really want to get something at face value, the only thing to do is just keep checking frequently and hope that better tickets are released, especially as you get closer to the show date. Keep us posted on what you decide. No matter what tickets you decide on, I'm sure you'll have a great time. :thumbsup:

I just checked ticket zoom. Holly molly 285.00 for one ticket 5th row. That's insane. Can't afford it right now. I will continue with ticket master and hope for the best. Thanks Ive always been a dreamer. I will definetly keep you guys posted.

TimothyBFan
10-01-2009, 07:13 AM
I just checked ticket zoom. Holly molly 285.00 for one ticket 5th row. That's insane. Can't afford it right now. I will continue with ticket master and hope for the best. Thanks Ive always been a dreamer. I will definetly keep you guys posted.

:enraged::censored: That's just so very very wrong and why I will not be going!!!!!

Peekaboo
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Britt, I sure hope that everything works out and that you can get some good seats for the price you're looking for. Waiting for the perfectly priced ticket is stressful (trust me, i know this first hand) but you just have to be patient and try not to pull out your hair too much while waiting and watching TM and all of the broker sites. Best of luck to you.

Britt
10-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Thank you! Yes indeed it is so frustrating. Last year I went to an Eagle concert in Toronto and we were on the floor, 19th row and promised myself if I can't at least get 5th row I will not attend. People were standing up and we couldn't see. We watch the screen all night. So that really sucked. I don't blame people for getting up at all, I would do the same but if I'm going to watch a screen all night, I may as well just put in a DVD at home. I will let you guys know when and if I get good seats. Thanks again guys.

Glennsallnighter
10-03-2009, 09:25 PM
If you are real brave, you can wait until you get to the venue on the day of the show, and see if there are good unused tickets that have been released. This is risky, but sometimes you really luck out.

Known in these parts as 'Pulling a Soda'. Good luck Britt. When the SPandau Ballet tickets were released in May this year I could on;y get ones way back and in the 3rs tier of seating. As I said to my hubby, 'Might as well watch youtube the following day' However a chance browse in August when I was looking for other tickets got me a 7th row front pair for €70 each. Now that was worth it. Persevere and you'll hopefully get what you want.

11-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Well - my ticket-buying patience paid off for me. Today I landed awesome tickets for Don's Norfolk show this Friday. I had been checking online, but nothing better than Row M was coming up. Tickets for this show weren't being sold through TicketMaster, so I called the venue's box office to see if they would give me a hint about whether or not they would release tickets the date of the show. They gave me the usual spiel about that being up to the promoter, but they also told me that I would probably get better tickets by calling rather than trying to order online. So I called them, and whaduya know - 3rd row seats in the center floor section at face value. I was figuring I would just wait and buy the best available at the venue, but I grabbed these immediately. :nod: :nod:

luvthelighthouse
11-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Sweet deal! I'm so happy for you. Make sure to blow Peter Thorn a kiss for me, will ya.

sodascouts
11-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Congrats! I know you'll have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about the show!

TimothyBFan
11-19-2009, 08:17 AM
:partytime:Oh right Dreamer!! Enjoy yourself tomorrow night and hurry back with a review!

Stars
11-19-2009, 08:46 AM
Dreamer, what fantastic news that you got such great seats for Don's show tomorrow night! Have a blast, and I can't wait to read your reviews! Will you be taking pics too??:partytime:

Brooke
11-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Wonderful Dreamer! Can't wait to hear all about it! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
11-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Great catch, Dreamer. Enjoy the show!

11-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone - I'm sure I'll have a great time tomorrow night at my very first Don solo show. I still have to shake my head and laugh a little whenever I think about the fact that Don is the last Eagle in the current lineup for me to see perform solo. Who would have ever thunk it! I mean I never thought I'd see a Tim solo show, much less before Don. Oh well - funny how life works sometimes.

As far as taking photos, I probably won't take any. First of all, I really suck at taking pictures, which is probably why I don't like taking them. And then - uh - how do I put this tactfully ... I'm thinking since he'll be wearing that black suit and white shirt that we won't be seeing anything we haven't seen before. :wink: :grin:

Troubadour
11-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Have a blast, Dreamer! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Koala
11-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Dreamer, have fun, canīt wait to hear all about the show! :partytime:

Prettymaid
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Congratulations on holding out for the right ticket Dreamer. Thanks to you and Soda I'm learning not to be such a 'ticket slut'. :wink: