PDA

View Full Version : Timothy B. Schmit in Los Angeles - Oct. 14!

sodascouts
10-08-2009, 02:05 AM
From his official site (http://www.timothybschmit.com/signup.php?em5001=24_-1__0_%7E0_-1_10_2009_0_0&content=home):

10/14/2009- Los Angeles

Largo
366 N La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90048
(310)855- 0350
www.largo-la.com (http://www.largo-la.com)

Doors: 8:00 pm
Show: 9:00 pm

Tickets are not available online. Tickets can be purchased over the phone or at the box office.

Brooke
10-08-2009, 09:34 AM
OMG! Timothy doing shows? :cool:

There's gonna be a ruckus around here!

luvthelighthouse
10-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Someone has to go to this show... we need a set list. :hilarious:

sodascouts
10-08-2009, 12:01 PM
I was thinking the same thing LTL! Come on, California Borderers! Step up! ;)

carol7lynn
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
OK Nancy-I am so there. :thumbsup:

Just found out about it tonight after the box office closed. He sure didn't give us much lead time. I'm waiting until tomorrow to buy tix as the box office is closed and I am not leaving credit card info on some message line which is the only way to order tixs after hours. I'll keep you posted. It's going to be a long night.:brickwall:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

GlennLover
10-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Good luck Carol-Lynn!

carol7lynn
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks-Looks like I'll be going into L.A. tomorrow afternoon despite an REO Speedwagon concert in San Diego later in the day. I did my homework and checking out what others had to say about the venue I found out that calling the box office is a huge waste of time (they won't answer their phone) and ordering via their message line is even worse than a waste of time (you won't get your tix and they never call you back). This is way too stressful.:yuck: The only up-side is the tix are so cheap ($20).

Carol-Lynn:nahnah:
SoCalGal

Peekaboo
10-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Good luck Carol!! Keep us posted!! And have fun at the REO concert.

sodascouts
10-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Excellent - can't wait to hear all about it CL!

luvthelighthouse
10-12-2009, 09:24 PM
CL, only TWO more days!!! How excited are you? I can't wait to hear your review (cough-and setlist-cough). I know you are going to have so much fun! You get the first show! I'm jazzed for you!

carol7lynn
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Thanks to all you board members for your show of support. :angel:

After doing a lot more research on the venue, I decided to wait until tomorrow night to get my ticket. I had to work and didn't want to risk getting caught in rush hour traffic.

I found out that their box office opens about two hours before the show and consists of a guy sitting on a folding chair behind a chain link fence who gives you a scrap of paper with your seat number scribbled on it-first come first served.:fear: Once you get the tix you can wander off and do something else until show time. So, the good news is at least we have seats and it is first come first served. Do like that because it looks like all the other venues he's playing at this week are SRO. I've done those kinds of shows at the HOBs and by the time show time rolls around my feet are like blocks of cement.

One patron, however, noted that that the woman sitting beside him had the seat of her pants ripped by a protruding spring in her seat. Nice. Where did TimmieB find this place?:-(

So, my new plan is to go in early and get a good parking space and see what's what. I'm not sure about pix though and I really don't do set lists but I wll try my best for the Border-Babes. I understand from the research I did, the owner does not allow any electronic devices what-so-ever and also gives everyone a ten minute lecture on what he considers inappropriate behavior which includes talking (yeah). But, I did notice a recent vid of Eddie Izzard at the Coronet someone posted on the web so I'm taking my camera just in case.

Wish me luck. Let the official count-down begin. No one is going to believe this, but I still haven't had the time to sample any of the tunes from Expando yet on Myspace. Gotta do that today. :brickwall:Seriously. Actually I was too busy this week-end getting in Foreigner's video for their new song, "Can't Slow Down."

They recorded the video about 5 miles from my house at the Calif Speedway right before the Pepsi 500 this past Sunday. Don't know if I'll end up on the cutting room floor or not, but Nascar did an interview with some of the fans in the front row right before they shot the video and I was one of those lucky few. The guy who interviewed me told me it may be on a Foreigner DVD or Nascar's web-site or both. Stay tuned.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalontheProwl:nahnah:

sodascouts
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Best of luck CL! We appreciate any info you can remember. This is so exciting! It's too bad about the photos, though, as you usually take some great ones.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-13-2009, 11:47 AM
Hope you have a great time Carol-Lynn and can't wait to hear all about the show. Of course, we will appreciate anything you can give us about the set list. I'm also anxious to find out who will be playing in Tim's back up band.

Prettymaid
10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
CL, hope you have a great time!

carol7lynn
10-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Hope you have a great time Carol-Lynn and can't wait to hear all about the show. Of course, we will appreciate anything you can give us about the set list. I'm also anxious to find out who will be playing in Tim's back up band.

That is the sixty-four million dollar question. I have no idea but I figure his son Ben will be in the band or at least join him on stage for "White Boy From Sacramento." Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

I actually had time this morning to listen to all the free samples from Expando on Amazon so at least I won't be clueless. I'll take the song list from the CD as a guide. From what I read in a recent interview, he is also going to be playing some of his other songs. Maybe a few Eagles. We will see.

Wow the week sure flew by quickly. Less than a day to go now. They are predicting a lot of rain tomorrow! It's bad enough driving in L.A. without having to contend with the rain too. The first big rain of the year is always a killer to drive in because the majority of L.A. drivers are idiots and end up hydroplaning on the oil-slick roads that haven't been cleaned since the previous winter storms rolled through eight or nine months ago.

Stay Tuned!
Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:partytime:

luvthelighthouse
10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I thought I read that he was going to whip out some obsure Poco song. That's what I'm interested in knowing... which one! I too though Ben might join him, but I think he's away at school... or should be. I also wonder if Jean will be joining him on this mini tour, for emotional support. He hasn't done this solo thing since forever, so I'm curious to know if she'll be there.

I'm so excited for you!!! Just remember w/the rain... Timothy is the rainbow at the end.

carol7lynn
10-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Good point-the rainbow indeed.:thumbsup:

As for family and friends at his shows-I'm sure they'll be there in L.A. as for the rest of the country who knows. Time will tell.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

carol7lynn
10-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Okay Border-Babes-It is finaly Wednesday the 14th of October. Time to start the final Expando countdown. :nahnah:

So it's about T minus 12 hrs until I hit the freeway and make my way to the Coronet Theater. And, it is raining as predicted but all things being equal that may be a good thing because people will not stand in the rain for hours ahead of time just to get a front row seat. This is LA and the venue is in Beverly Hills. That would be too tres de classe. I called yesterday just to make sure it wasn't sold out yet and they still have tickets. So, stay tuned. Hopefully, I will be able to post what's what after the show tonight.
:computer:

Wish me luck ladies.:angel:

Carol-Lynn:thumbsup:
SoCalGal

Prettymaid
10-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Good luck CL, have fun!

sodascouts
10-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Good luck, CL! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Brooke
10-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Good luck CL! Have a great time!

tbs fanatic
10-14-2009, 10:38 AM
There is no doubt you will have a great time - cannot wait for your report.

Koala
10-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Good luck, CL! :) Have a great time!:)
Canīt wait to hear all!:)

Prettymaid
10-14-2009, 05:47 PM
CL, we need to know if we can buy the new cd at his show and if he does a meet n greet after the show. And will he sign things and take pictures!

carol7lynn
10-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Okay PrettyMaid-I promise to post all that and more before the night is over. So far everything is a go. I have been on pins and needles all day worried about the rain, etc. All is well so far. Doors open at 7:45 and the concert is at 9:00. All things being equal I should be home no later than 1:00 a.m. PST. But no matter how late it is, I will post something before I crash.

I am a nervous wreck. I just hope I'm not the only one there tonight. There has been absolutely no local advertising about the concert.

Stay Tuned.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalOnTheProwl:nahnah:

luvthelighthouse
10-14-2009, 09:17 PM
As I read this, it's 6:15 your time CL. You are no doubt on your way to the show. I'm anxiously awaiting your briefing after the show. I hope it turns out better than you hoped for! (if that's possible)

cynd1231
10-14-2009, 10:58 PM
As I write this it's coming up on 8 p.m. in LA and I'm SO excited for Carol-Lynn (and green with envy!!!). Can hardly wait to read her report.

WE ARE IN FINAL EXPANDO COUNTDOWN MODE...The first show in just about an hour away and the CD due for release in about 144 hours!!!!

GlennLover
10-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Anxiously awaiting Carol Lynn's report! it's late here so I guess I will have to check early in the AM :partytime:.

Peekaboo
10-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Well, i believe LA is 2 hours behind me so Timothy should be on stage by now. I'm sure CL is on cloud 9 right now. Can't wait to read all about it.

sodascouts
10-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Man, I wanted to stay up until C-L posted but I don't think I'm gonna make it! Guess I'll just have to wake up to her review tomorrow.