PDA

View Full Version : Timothy B. Schmit in New York City - Oct. 21!

sodascouts
10-08-2009, 02:08 AM
According to the official site (http://www.timothybschmit.com/signup.php?em5001=24_-1__0_%7E0_-1_10_2009_0_0&content=home):

10/21/09- New York

Bitter End
147 Bleecker St
New York, NY
(212)673-7030
www.bitterend.com (http://www.bitterend.com)

Doors: 7:00 pm
Show: 8:00 pm

ETA: See link in post below to order tickets

timfan
10-09-2009, 10:10 PM
If anyone is planning on going to this show; I have found the link to purchase tickets online (thru livenation)http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/414086

eaglesvet
10-14-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm thinking of going to this one...it's at The Bitter End in the Village. Only 15 bucks, can't beat it! For once, cheaper than the other sites in the country! Funny thing is, Timmy isn't the only one playing that night. They have got two other performers, I assume coming on after him (?), and they each have their own separate ticket prices (I think $10 each, from what I remember.)

Prettymaid
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Oooh Eva, I hope you decide to go!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-16-2009, 10:06 PM
And hmmm - I'm thinking of joining ev for the show in New York. I'm thinking it should be worth the trip. :partytime:

GlennLover
10-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Go for it, dreamer!

TimothyBFan
10-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I sure hope you both get to go to the New York show! :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
10-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I just found out yesterday next Wednesday's NYC show is sold out of online tickets...boo hiss! I called the Bitter End, and spoke to the owner or manager (definitely someone in the know). He said that he will probably have 10 to 30 tickets available at the door (out of 220 seats--yes, there are tables here!)...first come, first served. For me, it's only about 50 -60 minutes, barring any traffic nightmares. The bigger question is...does Dreamer make the trip for such odds? Me thinks she is a gamblin' woman, but she is going to get back to me after she calls the venue herself. Maybe her sweet-talkin' Southern charm might land a better answer?? :angel:

10-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Well, I tried all afternoon to call The Bitter End, but no one answered the phone. I finally got someone to answer tonight around 8:00, but the guy was unable to help me. He told me to call back tomorrow afternoon after the box office opens. I'm not sure how much I can sweet talk them, but I'm not adverse to begging if that will help! :laugh:

eaglesvet
10-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Well, it looks like it's a go! Dreamer will take the chance, make the six-hour trip up North to my little hamlet of Bernardsville, and then off we go In the City! If nothing else, at least we should get a bit of a tan waiting on line to see if we get tickets...it promises to be a beautiful day, sunny and 70 degrees. No better Timmy-ticket-waiting-weather than that, I always say! I sure hope we get in :pray::pray: !!

I'm going to try to get to Borders tomorrow to get Expando, and I think Kay is trying to buy it ahead of her trip as well. That way, we'll both have had a chance to mesmerize...umm, memorize...at least some of the songs. :nod::spin: And, if by chance we luck out and Timmy grants us a few minutes of his time after the show, we'll have something for him to sign!! Camera ready!

TimothyBFan
10-20-2009, 06:48 AM
I have everything crossed for you! I so hope you both get a chance to get in. Only up to 30 tickets still available huh? Yikes! Good luck! Really cool tho that he has sold this one out and this seems to be the biggest crowd he will be playing to of the 4.

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 07:08 AM
I think it's great that the two of you are going to get to meet, and hopefully you will both get to experience seeing Timothy solo!

GlennLover
10-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Good luck you two!

10-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Well guys, call me insane, but as eaglesvet said, I'm gonna make the trip even with no ticket in hand. I'm thinking that as long as we get to the venue real early that we should be able to get in. If for some reason, we don't, I'll be real disappointed, but not devastated. We are resourceful girls, so we'll figure out something to do. :wink: :wink: Everyone keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

luvthelighthouse
10-20-2009, 09:54 AM
May the force be with you both! I think true dedication like yours will ensure a spot for both of you! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Brooke
10-20-2009, 10:59 AM
:yay: That is so cool Ev and dreamer! I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers that you get tickets! Have a wonderful time! :wave:

eaglesvet
10-20-2009, 03:00 PM
After checking out all the usual suspects (I went online at Borders, Best Buy, B & N, and the "world's largest independent record store" Scotti's), I found that only one of the nearby B & N's had Expando in the store today. So off I went, and I'm a little over halfway through the CD. So far, my faves are Parachute and Compassion. Parachute sounds Poco-esque to me! I find quite a few of the other songs so far very rhythm-and-bluesy...neat!

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 04:54 PM
EV, Hubby said that Parachute reminds him of CSN&Y. I think FP said the same thing. I can hear it too.

eaglesvet
10-20-2009, 07:46 PM
I've finished the CD now twice. I also like Friday Night, Melancholy, and Secular Praise. Kay ran out of time today, so she wasn't able to purchase...so her first time will be en route to NYC. Then, of course, we will have all the songs ready and waiting for when we hear them live and in person later tomorrow night :pray::thumbsup:!

TimothyBFan
10-20-2009, 07:55 PM
So far no one here that has heard the cd has mentioned liking White Boy. I'll be curious to see how you guys like it after you see it tomorrow night (and I'm positive you WILL see it live tomorrow night!). I just LOVED that song Sunday night live!

Stars
10-20-2009, 10:21 PM
EV and Dreamer, have a fantastic time tomorrow night! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get your tix, and have the time of your lives! Can't wait to hear all about it!:partytime:

Koala
10-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Dreamer and EV, I hope you get tickets!I keep my fingers crossed for you!

10-21-2009, 04:24 AM
Well folks - I'm off to the Big Apple. Wish us luck, and we'll post something as soon as we get a chance.

Prettymaid
10-21-2009, 08:05 AM
:bye: Bye Dreamer! Have a safe trip! I hope both you and EV know how much we are all pulling for you!

tbs fanatic
10-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Have a great time - I know you will get your tickets. Do you have a Plan B for getting in there if the ticket plan doesn't work i.e. James Bond type plan, maybe? :nod:

Prettymaid
10-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Have a great time - I know you will get your tickets. Do you have a Plan B for getting in there if the ticket plan doesn't work i.e. James Bond type plan, maybe? :nod:

Eva seems very resourceful...look at the magic she worked at the Bruce concert! And I know Dreamer will do everything she can!

eaglesvet
10-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, we did make a slight change to our plans, but not because we are even considering the fact that we won't get tix. Because I know we have such inquiring minds here, and because the town I work in is closer to NYC than where I live, we are actually meeting at the animal hospital where I work. This will allow me to hop upstairs to the office when we get back tonight and actually post to you guys what happened, rather than having you have to wait...because goodness knows how long you'd have to wait otherwise (from either of us!) :wink: (I was looking for a "guilty-feeling" smiley, but it seems we don't have one here...) The fact of being closer when we head out turns out to be a good one, because I just heard on the radio this am that President Obama is in Teaneck, NJ...which is just over the Hudson from upper Manhattan. Hopefully, it won't be affecting traffic down in lower Manhattan, but one never knows. (Dreamer doesn't know this yet.)

As for a True Plan B, we figured we would just come up with one on the spot. There are a lot of other clubs in the Village (not that I've frequented them since my college and vet school days :spin: , however), so I bet we'll just get dinner and find some other worthy musician to take our money.

eaglesvet
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
I forgot to mention that if it seems the tix are slipping through our hands in front of us, Dreamer is planning a full-blown Southern charm "I just drove up all the way from Virginia for this can't you squeeze in just two more people" attack! Hope it works!

cynd1231
10-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Have a wonderful time....can't wait for your report.

luvthelighthouse
10-21-2009, 10:58 AM
I have faith, you both will get in and have the time of your lives!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

eaglesvet
10-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I called the venue yesterday, and they said they don't know if cameras are allowed yet. It's up to the performer, so I'm definitely bringing mine.
Probably won't check back again before we leave the hospital at 3. I feel as confident as the rest of you! :blueblob::wave:

tbs fanatic
10-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I forgot to mention that if it seems the tix are slipping through our hands in front of us, Dreamer is planning a full-blown Southern charm "I just drove up all the way from Virginia for this can't you squeeze in just two more people" attack! Hope it works!

Oh, great plan - we're counting on you guys :grouphug:

TimothyBFan
10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Got a voicemail from Eva a bit ago--THEY ARE IN!!!! :partytime: They got to the venue around 4:30 and were able to get tickets from someone who had extras. They saw Tim arrive around 6:30 but weren't fast enough with the camera to get a shot.

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Prettymaid
10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
I just knew they'd get in! :yay::yay::yay:

Thanks for the good news TBF. I can't wait to hear from them!

carol7lynn
10-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Great News Ladies. :thumbsup::thumbsup::partytime::partytime: Can't wait for your review.

Carol-Lynn:nahnah::hilarious:
SoCalGal

EasyFeeling
10-22-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm looking forward to your review, girls :)

Prettymaid
10-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Go to TBS concert reviews thread - EV's already posted a great review there!

EasyFeeling
10-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Oops, I didn't notice... thanks, Cathy :)