PDA

View Full Version : AMAZON HAS SHIPPED EXPANDO!

cynd1231
10-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Just got an email from Amazon confirming shipment of EXPANDO! According to the UPS tracking info it left Nashville yesterday and is already at the scan sight here in Albuquerque!!!!! This TBS fan won't be sleeping much the next few days -- too danged excited!!!!

TimothyBFan
10-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Just checked my Amazon account and not showing it shipped yet. :-( And then there is the whole going to the post office before they close to pick it up because this one horse town doesn't deliver to your home. Anticipation.

UK TimFan
10-19-2009, 08:21 PM
There's a very grumpy UK fan here as Amazon UK have the blooming cheek to say "Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available". :enraged: :enraged: and a :cuss:for good measure.
Unfortunately none of the other UK online sites seem to be big Tim fans either. Looks I'm condemned to MySpace for the foreseeable future.
I'm tempted to order from Amazon in the US but needless to say I want the CD soonest which will cost me an additional $33 in shipping compared to $11.49 for the CD.
Think I'll call the UK help desk in the morning to see when stocks are likely to arrive.
Meanwhile if there are reports of sea levels rising it's me:weep::weep:

sodascouts
10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Yikes, how frustrating!!! By the way - welcome! :)

I got my e-mail saying it had shipped a few hours ago - I can only imagine what it's like having to wait even longer. And $33 shipping if you order it from here - ludicrous!!

timfan
10-19-2009, 08:34 PM
I just ordered the Expando package ( was waiting to see if it would be available at the show) and I hope I get my email shipment notice soon too! lol

cynd1231
10-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Sleep will elude me tonight...just HOURS away from getting EXPANDO in hand. Checked the status of my UPS shipment and it's indicating that it's on the truck for delivery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AzEaglesFan
10-20-2009, 02:15 AM
Received my notice from Amazon that Expando was already shipped and I could expect it to be delivered on 10/21. I will be waiting at my gate for the post office to deliver it.:thumbsup:

Koala
10-20-2009, 02:16 AM
:machinegun:I've just have got an email from amazon, mine EXPANDO CD will be shipped not until before 2 -4 weeks !:fight:
So long I cannot wait! The problem is that there is no music store in my proximity or an other store who sells CDs!!:worried:
In other online music shops the waiting period is exactly so long!:sad:

TimothyBFan
10-20-2009, 06:59 AM
No email yet but the $$ was taken out of my bank account overnight. When I brought up my account on Amazon they show it ready to ship today. I had really hoped that the preorders would actually be shipped out so that they would arrive on release day. Now to make sure Larry makes it to the post office the day it arrives before 5 to pick it up.

BTW- Welcome UKTimfan!! Really sorry to here about that problem. That really stinks.

What I want to know is what's the use of preorder if it's not going to show up the day of release and you can walk into the store on the day of release and pick it up?

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 07:04 AM
Good luck to all of you who preordered!

cynd1231
10-20-2009, 07:52 AM
TODAY'S THE DAY!!

TimothyBFan
10-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Just got the email-it's been shipped but they show the expectant arrival date as 10-26--WHAT? It better not take the US Postal service that long!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
10-20-2009, 10:42 AM
What I want to know is what's the use of preorder if it's not going to show up the day of release and you can walk into the store on the day of release and pick it up?

Exactly, TBF. That's the reason I don't bother with preordering anymore. The last two times I did, it was 3-5 days after the release date before I got the CD. I have found that I can go on Amazon a day or two after the release date, find the product at a lower cost, and have it shipped to me within another day or two. Go figure! :wink:

GlennLover
10-20-2009, 12:08 PM
That's what happened to me wth LROOE. I preordered it from the Eagles site & my husband ended up buying it for me at Walmart because it took so long. Wasn't he a nice hubby. He knew what I was going through, not receiving it on time? I think that it was well over 2 weeks past the release date before my preordered copy arrived & the fact that it was coming to Canada was only part of the reason.

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Well, hopefully I will have it in my grubby little hands this afternoon when hubby gets home from work. I have asked him to pick it up for me at Best Buy, but he may not share my sense of urgency! :worried:

TimothyBFan
10-20-2009, 12:32 PM
The more I think about it the madder I get about the whole preorder thing. So I decided to send an email to Amazon asking what the whole purpose is to preorder something if it doesn't mean you are getting the item on the release day when I can just go into the store and pick it up for the same money. Explained I didn't expect it before but I also didn't expect to have to wait till possibly the 26th, almost a week later. Doubt I'll get a answer that means anything but it did me a little good to vent a bit. :rofl:

timfan
10-20-2009, 03:17 PM
That's one of the reasons I waited. However it does not appear to be available in any stores here in canada so.... I ordered it through his site and will wait and hope it arrives quickly.

cynd1231
10-20-2009, 04:01 PM
IT'S HERE, IT'S HOT AND IT'S WORTH THE ANTICIPATION!!!!
I pre-ordered on Amazon last Monday, October 12th, using their Prime Free Trial program. The order shipped out on Friday (10/16), arrived in Albuquerque late on 10/17 and was at my door by 11 a.m. this morning. With the Prime Free, you don't pay any shipping costs and they guaranteed delivery ON THE RELEASE DATE...and they came thru for me.

As for retail outlets, while I was out doing errands I ran into Walmart, Target and Best Buy and NONE OF THEM HAVE IT and nobody in the stores could tell me anything about it. I understand the frustration of everyone who is scrambling to get their hands on it today thru convention means. Been there before myself which is why I went this route...the Prime Free option is new and I decided to give it a shot to see if it really worked (I've had delays on other Amazon orders). Now I have to decide whether to cancel it or pay for a year..since I don't anticipate having very many orders on Amazon in the next 12 months, I doubt the $69 fee is worth it for me.

But I'm telling everyone -- this CD is definitely worth the anticipation if you're a big fan of Timmy's solo work. This is, by far, the best he's put out yet! There is no denying that this is HIS WORK.

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Cynd, I'm so happy that trial thing worked for you and you got the cd today and like it. Do you have a favorite yet?

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Gotta love that hubby of mine - he came through! I own Expando. Gonna go listen now... :grooving:

cynd1231
10-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Prettymaid, I've been listening ALL DAY and simply can't decide on a favorite. Each time I think "this is the one" I listen to another and think the same thing. Absolutely LOVE White Boy From Sacramento -- it's so obvious that he enjoyed poking fun at himself; Ella Jean is a truly sweet tribute to the lovely Mrs. Schmit; Parachute is the new single (according to his website) and it's a great tune; Friday Night is really a view of his romantic side (in my opinion); and Secular Praise is really touching. Actually, I don't think there's a questionable song on the entire CD!

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Cynd, I can hear the excitement in your post! I just finished listening to it. I think I'll start a new thread so everybody can give their reviews!

luvthelighthouse
10-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh you lucky ladies!!! I went to Best Buy, but none in my area have it. It's only available online through their website. I went to one Walmart and called two others, nothing! I called three Targets, nope, not there either. Finally, I called one of the only actual record stores I know of in the area and they have it! So, either tonight or tomorrow I'll be off to buy it. It makes more sense to go tomorrow, but I think I'm too excited to wait...

I can't wait to hear individual reviews from everyone who gets it!

Prettymaid
10-20-2009, 07:39 PM
LYL, Hubby said Best Buy only had two in the new release section when he grabbed ours!

UK TimFan
10-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome. :smile:
Slightly better news from the UK. Amazon now say 'usually dispatched within 1 to 4 weeks' and I've ordered and have been given an estimated delivery date of 4th -14th November. So I've got everything tightly crossed for 2 weeks time.
I hope all of you with obtaining/delivery problems have speedy results. Very frustrating when you've been waiting for sooooooooo long and then there's still a delay.

luvthelighthouse
10-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I have a copy!!! Thank goodness that a record store still exists!!! While it was only $12, I still managed to spend $30 before I pulled myself out of there! I easily could have bought 10 CD's.

When I told hubby I was going to this place, he gave me a strange look. He repeated the place (he knows it's half hour away) and said, "why don't you just download it?" I explained to him, I'm old school. I want to hold the CD, I want to touch it, look at it, carry it with me.

Once in the store, I couldn't stop thinking about the game w/played on this website that Mike started, Second Greatest Band. I was there pulling and looking at CD's like Janis Joplin, The Flying Burrito Brothers, The Runaways, Sly and Family Stone, Hendrix... When I picked up The Byrds and saw Gram Parsons, I nearly cried. I ended up buying a double disk of Mr Tambourine Man and Sweetheart of the Rodeo. I swear, music to too emotional of an expierence for me... yes, I am a total dork!

I was listening to Expando on the way home and I'm loving and I mean LOVING White Boy!!! I haven't made it through the whole thing yet, but so far, that's up there as a favorite!!!

TimothyBFan
10-21-2009, 07:24 AM
I swear, music to too emotional of an expierence for me... yes, I am a total dork!

Can I say how much I love this statement!! EXACTLY!!! It seems you & I have more in common than the obvious.;)

cynd1231
10-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I just received an email from Amazon telling me they're sending me a refund of $1.50 on the purchase price of Expando. Apparently after I ordered there was an adjustment in the cost!

Freypower
10-21-2009, 10:43 PM
That happened to me too. My refund is $3.50!

sodascouts
10-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Checked my mail today with high hopes but I still haven't gotten it. I'm thinking of purchasing the downloads in the interim, but... I hate paying twice for the same thing just because Amazon doesn't have their act together!

luvthelighthouse
10-22-2009, 07:56 PM
I feel for everyone who ordered the CD but does not yet have it. It really does make the pre-order a useless feature. Soda, I hear ya... I too would want the songs, but hate paying twice for them! Knowing me though, I'd do it, just because I have so little patience for certain things.

Can you track your order to see if it will be here in the next day?

whitcap
10-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Checked my mail today with high hopes but I still haven't gotten it. I'm thinking of purchasing the downloads in the interim, but... I hate paying twice for the same thing just because Amazon doesn't have their act together!

Yeah same here. I tracked mine on amazon today and it said arrival scan but it didn't give the location. I'm hoping this means that I'll get it in the next day or two and I won't have to wait til Monday like it says on Amazon.

TimothyBFan
10-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Yup-Whitecap-mine says the same thing--I'm hoping that means it's sitting at my post office and hubby will pick it up after work today. Think I might just call the post office when they open to find out if it's there.

I still haven't heard back from Amazon with an answer as to what the purpose is for preorder if you still have to wait a week to get the item once it's released. I doubt I will be ordering like that ever again.

sodascouts
10-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Got my copy today - WOOOTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

But is anyone else just a tad disappointed it comes in one of those wimpy cardboard cases rather than the real deal, durable CD case?

EagleLady
10-24-2009, 09:38 PM
You mean the same type LROE Came in? I don't like those

GlennLover
10-24-2009, 09:48 PM
But is anyone else just a tad disappointed it comes in one of those wimpy cardboard cases rather than the real deal, durable CD case?

It's called sustainable development. Hubby & I both work for the Canadian government & that is the "politcally correct" term here :unimpressed:. Wouldn't Don would be disappointed if Timothy didn't help save the environment? :grin:

timfan
10-26-2009, 07:06 PM
My Expanado CD and and T-shirt (ordered from Timothy's site) arrived tonight!! So.. any guesses what I'm listening to right now? hehehe

nnhgirl
10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
This is my first posting ever, so please bear with me.

How pitiful am I? I pre-ordered Expando on Amazon, then got impatient waiting for the shipment and downloaded the entire album on iTunes. Of course, today I got my package from Amazon. But guess what? I am NOT sending it back. Money well earned on Timothy's end, and money well spent on mine. And I'm happy that the packaging is environmentally friendly. Just goes to show that not only is Timothy a sweetheart, but he's progressive too.

TimothyBFan
10-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you nnhgirl! Always good to see a new Borderer, especially one that is a fellow Tim fan. Don't worry-a few of us did the exact same thing. ;) Hope you enjoy it here-jump right in!

nnhgirl
10-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks very much, Willie! Appreciate the warm welcome.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome from me too, nnhgirl. Glad you decided to join us and the more posters, the merrier. And don't worry about buying multiple copies of Eagles-related CD's and DVD's. It is quite normal. :wink: And if you discover that you have several extras that just happen to be lying around, you can always use them for gifts. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Welcome nnhgirl! I was really close to doing that, too, but my copy of Expando came just in time. I like your attitude though - more money to Tim, so hey, it works out just fine!

whitcap
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
I got my copy in the mail Saturday. I love it!

Prettymaid
10-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Welcome nnhgirl. It sounds like you're going to fit in j-u-u-ust fine! :hilarious:

Peekaboo
10-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Welcome from me too, nnhgirl. Glad to you have you here. Trust me, you're not the only one that couldn't wait to get the album in the mail. I too bought the entire album on itunes. I'm glad I did but it's also really nice to have the actual hard copy in hand. Now I have 2 copies, oh well, the more the merrier.

nnhgirl
10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Thank you ALL for the kind welcome. I can tell you are a bunch of enablers for assuring me it was not extravagant to have bought more than one copy of Expando, but please know I am not complaining or accusing, as I would certainly tell you all the same thing! What fun is an obsession if you can't share?!

cynd1231
10-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Welcome, nnhgirl...an attorney from Atlanta??? Wonder if we've ever met? In any event, so glad you've joined us here on The Border --- and I'm always especially thrilled to have another big TIM fan on board. By the way, I pre-ordered from Amazon and (unlike just about everyone else) received it on the 20th. Then four days later I received my free copy from Lost Highway Records because I'm on their street team! I totally forgot I had the free copy coming but I'm delighted to have two!!! I also burned a copy to play in my truck when I'm out and about. Multiple TIM TUNES!!!!!!!!!

GlennLover
10-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Welcome nngirl! Hope you enjoy it here. As you can tell, I'm a Glenn fan, but I love all the guys!

Prettymaid
10-28-2009, 07:40 AM
What fun is an obsession if you can't share?!

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Brooke
10-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Welcome from me, too, ng! Glad you found us. It's always great to have another Borderer! :yay:

UK TimFan
10-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Slightly better news from the UK. Amazon now say 'usually dispatched within 1 to 4 weeks' and I've ordered and have been given an estimated delivery date of 4th -14th November. So I've got everything tightly crossed for 2 weeks time.
After having called Amazon some very rude names on the 20th, I now have to award them a gold star.
Not only was I advised yesterday that 'Expando' was in now in stock:partytime: but that it would be sent via DHL to ensure delivery as we currently have
intermittent postal strikes in the UK. It arrived before lunchtime, but I've only had time to play it through three times so far. :-(
I adore 'Parachute' - it's been my favourite since I first heard the sample on Amazon - and love the instrumental work on 'One more mile'.
Still deciding which other songs are top of my list.

Prettymaid
10-30-2009, 08:06 AM
Glad you finally have the CD UKTF. Only three times huh? :hilarious:

Koala
11-09-2009, 02:18 AM
Yesterday I received an email from Amazon that they have now send out my Expando album finally! Has indeed gone on long enough!

Prettymaid
11-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Koala, after the long wait I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :grooving:

Koala
11-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Thanks , I really enjoy it, the whole album is great! :bow: