PDA

View Full Version : Timothy on the morning radio show Monday Oct 19!

luvthelighthouse
10-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Timothy mentioned he would be on the radio in the morning. You can hear the station stream live, so follow the link if you are up between 6-10 central standard time.

http://www.wlup.com/

luvthelighthouse
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
When I first woke up, I turned on the radio and heard, "Timothy B Schmit, last night at Schubas. I've been rockin' out to his new CD Expando all weekend". That was all I heard. I wasn't sure if it's a promo or the end or what. So I'm listening to the show, even though Johnny B is not the DJ he used to be back in the 80's. In any case, an hour later now, they just played a snippet of White Boy From Sacramento. Then the plugged that the CD is available tomorrow on Lost Highway. This gives me great promise that it will be in stores! (I need that, since I didn't pre-order).

I have no idea if there will be more, but I'll keep listening.

luvthelighthouse
10-19-2009, 09:31 AM
OMG!!! Someguy called the show and was doing a parody of a song. Johnny B is like, "what song is that even supposed to be?" and his sidekick said, it's a take off of the Eagles Disco Strangler!!! Now they are playing a bit from the Disco Strangler!!! TOO FUNNY!!!

Johnny also said that Timothy B is down the hall setting up! :shrug: I didn't know he was going to be in the studio! I hope I heard correctly!

Edit to add: He's on now, it's 9:09 am cst... listen if you can. He's playing Friday night!

luvthelighthouse
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Appears his time is over. He played Friday Night and One More Mile. He talked about about how he played on Daylight Again for CS&N. Joking, he said there were times it was more like Stills Nash and Schmit, because David was "uh, unavaible". It was cute.

Johnny B was giving away a signed CD to anyone who could call in and tell what of Timothy's was in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. No one got the answer! I couldn't believe it. By the time I tried calling, Johnny said to forget it and just asked Timothy about the keys. He said he justified stealing the keys by thinking of all the business the bands gave the hotels. He also said he was at the HOF for the opening tour (I think that's what he said), but he had not yet seen his display. He mentioned how he sang at Stagecoach w/his "great friend" George Grantham.

I think Johnny is going to play Parachute off of the CD in a few minutes, or so he said. That's actually how the CSN convo came up... because of Nash.

I think if you go to the link, they may a place where you can replay the morning show, but I'm not 100% positive.

GlennLover
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
thanks for posting the link, LTL. I was able to listen too! enjoyed hearing Tim, he's so down to earth. Especially loved One More Mile. Can't wait for Expando!