PDA

View Full Version : NYC, NY 10/21/09

eaglesvet
10-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Well, yes, Dreamer and I made it into the Bitter End without a hitch! In fact, other than Kay's ride from Va. into NJ (which took a bit longer than she expected...thankfully she had left plenty of time)...everything else fell together with precision timing! We learned from others later that Obama's return to Newark Airport did indeed affect traffic on the route we had taken in only 1-2 hours before, so it was very good we left from my work when we did. Kay arrived only 10 minutes after I did (hey, I said precision timing, didn't I?), hopped into my car, and off we went. Within one hour to the dot, with virtually no traffic at all (unheard of at the Holland Tunnel, in my experience), we were cruising past The Bitter End--checking out the line before finding a place to park. It was only 4:10 (doors were to open at 7), but there were about 10 people already there. At the last second, I realized that maybe it would be best for Dreamer to jump out and join the line, while I cruised a bit more for a parking space/lot, which she gamely did. By the time I arrived to join her 20 minutes later, I witnessed the first of several situations where Dreamer showed me that she 'plays well with others'...man, that girl could get a group of fence posts involved in a conversation within minutes of being left alone with them! (Kay, it's all good! :grin:) I joined her in line, and she immediately introduced me to all 10 of the others...not only does she know their names, but she knows the different states they are all from, which other Timothy shows they have been to, and even that one woman's husband graduated from the HS in Bernardsville (the town I live in)! In fact, throughout the night, she finds at least 2-3 other links to my small town of about 7000 people (which for my part of Jersey, is small.) Which leads me to the next point...I have to say that overall, the Tim fans in this line were among the friendliest group of people I've ever had to stand in line with...not only the group of hard-core Tim fans in the front (from CA, MS, IL), but also the more casual fans that came along after us.

Very shortly after our arrival, the manager of the venue comes out to check out the scene, inquiring how many needed tix. When he saw us and our line position, he assured us we would get in--so we knew early on that we were all set. At that point, I needed a celebratory coffee. I hadn't seen an actual coffee shop in the short walk from the parking lot to The Bitter End, but I did see a grocery store in the next block...where I did get a nice cappucino. By the time I returned, Kay introduced me to some more people further behind us in line, including one of the other links to my town. These women ended up getting "NY's Best Pizza" to enjoy in line, and then sharing with us (well, actually only me...I guess Kay just wasn't hungry yet :headscratch:.) So these were a very nice group of Tim fans. Plus, they were later joined by another friend who had an extra pair of tix, so we were able to buy them from her so she wouldn't lose the $--plus saving 2 more tix for some poor souls at the end of the line.

Thankfully, the weather was beautiful, about 68 degrees, so no one minded the 3-hour wait in line. About 6:15, a black SUV pulled up and Timmy jumped out. No Jean, though. He hustled into the front door so fast, I couldn't get my camera ready quickly enough for a good shot. Oh well, better luck inside! His band members and equipment had arrived earlier in the afternoon, but we thought he was cutting it pretty close for the sound check. Finally, a little after 7 pm, they let us inside to be seated.

The first row of tables literally lined the stage, and were as close together as you could get them and still squeeze people in between to get into the seats. We snagged a front row table, 3rd left from center, directly in front of the keyboardist Chris Farmer. We sat in the chairs facing Timothy and the rest of the band. The other 4 seats filled in with a married couple and 2 separate singles...by the time I returned from the rest room, Dreamer was talking to them at length. One of them had a connection to my town as well--weird.

The show started just a few minutes after 8...right after announcing that photos would not be allowed. I was very disappointed, since our seats offered some prime photo ops. However, my camera takes some great indoor shots without flash, so I figured I would wait, see how things went, and take my chances as the night went on.

(I'm posting this, and then continuing on with the actual review of the show... don't worry. I just don't want to lose what I have so far!)

eaglesvet
10-22-2009, 01:38 AM
Tim came out to some good applause, and played his first song, The Shadow. After that, he spoke briefly about how happy he was to be in NY, and welcomed us to "his Fiesta." He actually used that a few times throughout the night, asking how we were enjoying the Fiesta, so that was a different twist. He then mentioned how he would do a few Poco and Eagles songs, but that most of the night would be devoted to his new album, which drew more cheers. It was obvious that quite a few of the crowd had the album and knew the songs, but there were also a number of others that were there mainly because of his Poco connection (at least the more vocal ones!)

The set list was identical to that in Chicago, so I will only mention what I thought were highlights for me; or else little comments or witticisms he made that were different from the other shows.

Friday Night absolutely rocked in concert! What a great song to have as the first one from the album! I reeeaaallly loved it live, and I already knew I loved it on the CD. I also felt the same way about White Boy and Parachute. Both are great songs on the CD, but there's an extra dimension to them live that make them outstanding in the concert setting. I think the thing about WB is that you don't expect him to be able to sing that low! It adds to the bluesy feel, and maybe a bit of the comedic tone, too. It was after this song that Tim introduced the 3 female backup singers...he seemed very proud to have them up there, and they added so much to the songs they sang on. Earlier, I had said in the other thread that Parachute was Poco-esque, and PM' s hubby felt that it had CSN undertones as well. Dreamer read on the liner notes today that Graham Nash sings backup on the CD in it, but I still can here Poco when I here it live!

Speaking of the introductions, I can't remember exactly when Tim introduced the rest of the band. However, during that time, there must have been one audience member that was being a little too loud for Tim's taste. All of a sudden, in the middle of the intros, he says, "Oh, am I disturbing you?" to hush the guy up; and then, chuckling, yells, "Four margaritas for table 7!" Not missing a beat, completes the intros. Smooth!

At one point, when he was switching guitar for bass, he commented how everyone in the band, except the drummer-- but including his guitar tech, has played bass at one point or another. "You can never have too many bass players!" Lots of laughter. He goes on to tell a story of how he got to play bass with Spinal Tap one night, and how excited he was. He even did a great little British accent here. He also mentioned how his wife Jean is in the first 5 minutes of the movie "Spinal Tap," for those of you who may have seen it. (I haven't.)

Tim said the "I can do whatever I want!" when intro-ing the Poco tunes, which he did one after the other. He also gave the same story about Richie Furay giving him the song What am I Gonna Do, and then giving it back to him because he was living the situation out. Although I had never heard this song before, Kay confirmed that at one point he hesitated and looked as if he forgot a line...but he recalled it only a touch late.

The best flub of the night came a few songs later. Tim had made a big deal of putting on his harmonica, and introducing the next song as being about the love of his life for the last 31 years. So, we were thinking Ella Jean. Then, Hank the guitarist interrupts Tim, and says no, that's not next. Tim catches himself, and realizes he has jumped ahead. So, he puts down the harmonica, and breaks into the rather derogatory put-down (yet fun!) song, I Don't Mind. What went through my mind during that song is exactly what he said when he finished..."Now, that song was not written about her!" He picks up the harmonica (actually, the fan seated right in front of him hands it to him, that lucky girl!) and continues to describe Ella Jean, and how he "wrote the song when she was away too long on a trip. Great move!" and then he gives this sly smirk and a wink, leaving no doubt as to what the reward for a song is in the Schmit household! :heybaby:

As far as facial expressions, both Kay and I swear that he gave our side of the room (us?) long sultry looks as he sang...well, maybe not long as in minutes or anything, but definitely more noticeable than I expected. I just kept thinking they would have made Willie melt. Oh, BTW, I became very brave with my camera shortly into the show when I saw others taking shots with flash without reprimand, so I have quite a few pix. (That will take until next week to post, because first I need my son to get them onto the computer, and then I may need help figuring out how to get them onto the Border. I'll shout out to one of you if I do.) Actually, the guy with the flash did get reprimanded eventually.

Unfortunately, there were no special guests, even though JD Souther was apparently nearby at NYU lecturing. And Timmy didn't meet nor greet. However, right before the encore (he just walked off to the side of the stage, and came back on), a front-and-center fan shoved a Poco album at his feet, and he did sign it--commenting something to the effect of her hitting paydirt.

Sooo, I've saved his biggest NEWS for last...Tim, Hank, and the girls (at separate times during the night) all said that this tour has been so much fun that THEY WILL BE DOING MORE SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a break, that is. I'm not sure the locations I heard are accurate...I heard more in NYC, and Paris...but that sure leaves a lot of other places left to go! I guess we need to watch the website for details.

At the end of the show, after Tim had escaped out the front door, Kay and I had our picture taken with the drummer (whose name escapes me at the moment.) I also shook hands with Hank, and told him what a great job they did...and he seemed genuinely and humbly pleased.

One final note: After talking again to the women who had been to 3 of the Timmy shows, they said that the actual show was very similar in all of them, but that the crowd was the best in Chicago! Gee, I wonder why? Just thought some of you would want to know!

glenneaglesfan
10-22-2009, 06:16 AM
EV, thanks for that great review. Sounds like you and Dreamer had a wonderful time!

TimothyBFan
10-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Aaah--Our Timmy is such a great guy isn't he? I loved your review Eva. I can hardly wait till you get the pictures on, in fact, I'm thinking of a trip to Jersey this weekend to help out. :hilarious:

Great news about the additional shows! Maybe some more on here will get the chance to see him. I sure hope so, especially for the price of a ticket-it's the best concert value you can get.

I knew I did something wrong about getting him to sign my pic-I should of threw it up on stage at his feet. Darn it! Didn't think about that!

Sure hope you got some pictures of that "sultry" look! Isn't it a great one? You lucky lucky girls!!

Sounds like he stuck with some of the same jokes as Sunday night but did mix it up a bit. Hope he doesn't get stuck in a rut with the jokes like some band members do. ;-)

Whoo Hoo Chicago crowd! :yay: We were great and sounds like the only crowd that did not get chastised. BTW-how many were at the show last night?

Eva-I was so mad when I missed your call last night! I was picking up my daughter and had LROOE cranked. I guess that's as good as excuse as any anyways. I listened to your message 3 times! I was so happy you guys had gotten the tickets and got to see Tim arrived for sound check. How cool was that to see?

Prettymaid
10-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Nice review EV! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: I especially liked your take on Friday Night. Didn't you just love it when at the end of the bridge during the 'stop' right before the chorus he steps back to the beat and moves around while playing his accoustic?

The premature intro to Ella Jean was hilarious to read. Hey, if you're the performer and you make a flub what can you do but just laugh and go on with the show!

Of course I was thrilled to read that the fan said that the audience was the best in Chicago. I wonder if she meant the best or the best behaved? :hilarious:

Looking forward to hearing from Dreamer. In Chicago, Soda was the social butterfly. She is so friendly and outgoing she had everybody engaged in conversation at one point or another. Sounds like Kay is the same!

cynd1231
10-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Great review and I am SSSOOO envious that you got to see him live! Obviously a super-great evening and I'm anxious to see the pictures.

I wonder if the woman from France who got his autograph is the one who posted the message on his Facebook or MySpace page? I was reading posts yesterday and she commented that she and her two children were flying in from Paris for the New York show! (Must be nice, huh?)

Koala
10-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Thank you so much for your great review, I have really enjoyed to read the review. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Wow, what a terrific review! I love all the detail. I even love hearing about all the before stuff, too - it makes me feel like I was there! Tim sounds like he was having such fun and I love how he changes up things a bit even though the basics are the same.

I can't wait to see those photos!

More shows - what exciting news!! Interesting that you heard PARIS of all places! The overseas fans will die!

eaglesvet
10-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Well, I woke up this am with White Boy in my head! Made it to work only 10 minutes late...usually I'm 20 minutes late! :hilarious:

Willie, first and foremost, I was shocked, saddened and angered that you were not glued to your phone the entire afternoon and evening until you had assurance that Timothy would be seeing us...er, that we would be seeing Timothy! Hmmphf!
I thought the same thing about how you should have gotten your autograph, Willie. It's not like he even missed a step--just reached down, grabbed the album and pen, and signed away. That fan held it up like a trophy and the whole place cheered.

Every seat in the house was taken, plus every corner was packed to the rafters with SRO--I had been told previously the capacity was 220, but I couldn't say if they might have squeezed a few more in. I do know that the married couple at our table, Poco fans, only called for the first time yesterday afternoon for info, didn't arrive until 6 pm (without tix, obviously), still managed to get 2 of the 30 openings, and then had the pleasure of sitting at a front table with us! How's that for lucky!!:thumbsup:

Unless you've got the time to travel, I think you can hold off on that trip to Jersey this weekend. Once my son gets the pix onto the computer, I think I may have a resizing issue that I can either: 1. call you about (if you bother to answer your phone), or 2. PM one of the many techies (inc. you) about. Let me see what I can do first on my end.

Cathy, I love everything about Friday Night! He is sooo cool when he does that part you describe! My take on the Chicago crowd comments (from more than one fan) did not include "best behaved" in the context of Miss Manners---more like the most "into" the show...kind of a "crowd spirit" sort of thing---in a good way, of course!

Cynd, having not read Facebook or My Space, I can only surmise that the French woman is the same one I met at the concert---I talked to her twice. Once, on line for the rest room before the show, she was talking to Hank, begging that Tim come out after the show to sign. He only would say he wasn't sure about that for tonight, but then he mentioned the show in Paris. (He's also the one who mentioned more shows in NYC, after the show.) After the concert, she then came over to our table and asked that I email her my pix, which obviously I am happy to do.

tbs fanatic
10-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Fantastic review. Great news about more shows but Paris??? Hey, who needs Paris when you've got Kansas City, TIM!!!

eaglesvet
10-22-2009, 09:54 AM
A few more things I remembered:

The drummer who took a pic with us after the show was named Herman, I think. I guess I could look it up, I just haven't.

Timothy wore the exact same outfit he wore to the other shows, down to the turquoise necklace. Lookin' good, that's for sure!

I loved the treatment he gave to both encore songs, the R&B version of IDWTHA with the ladies backing him, and the acoustic LWKUA--his voice sounded so clear, strong, and focused (for lack of a better term) on that one. Beautiful!

After the show, Dreamer and I did go for a light dinner around the corner from The Bitter End, to recap the night and tell more stories. Everything was great! Then, a speedy ride home...me to post, and she to head toward Z's neck of the woods to visit her today.

TimothyBFan
10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
EV-Sorry I offended you by letting real life get in the way of our Timmy time! :hilarious: I promise to do my best to answer the phone if you shall call this weekend. Believe me, I was furious that I missed it & the family made fun of me as I ranted about it! :brickwall:

Weren't all the members of the band so nice? So cool about the pic with Herman (you got his name right).

At least with him wearing the same outfit, we can all share our pics. Just like the suits we all love so much.

luvthelighthouse
10-22-2009, 10:11 AM
That was an AWESOME review!!! I'm so happy that both of you were able to make it into the show. (I knew you would!) Sounds like Timothy was having the time of his life this little mini tour. I guess he likes how it feels to be the big man on campus. He just needed a taste to realize he should do more of these solo gigs!

Its great to hear you enjoyed yourself so much! I can't wait for pics!

TimothyBFan
10-22-2009, 10:22 AM
BTW--ltlh--LOVE the new avi! I can't figure out which pic it is tho. I was going to make me a new one today also from one of our pics but what a big decision to make on which one. I just got done making a couple WBFS ringtones so now time to work on the avi. So pathetic I am! :hilarious:

EasyFeeling
10-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Thank you for the review... sounds like you both had a fantastic time :thumbsup:
I only wish the boys would come to Germany to do a solo show... no matter who I'll take them all :twisted:

Brooke
10-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Fabulous review Ev! I enjoyed every minute and really felt like I was right there on the journey with you! I'm so happy for you and dreamer!

As for Paris, hmph! We need St. Louis, KC, Columbia, Springfield IL or MO or anywhere in between! Please Tim? I wanna see you, too! :begging smilie:

carol7lynn
10-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Glad you guys got in and got a good seat.:partytime: Can't wait for the pixs.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

Susan
10-22-2009, 01:12 PM
Attended the TBS concert last night! It was FANTASTIC!!! Eaglesvet gave a wonderful review. I'm still floating on Cloud 9 even though I had an obstructed view of Timothy! The keyboard player was in the way most of the time. When he wasn't playing I had a direct view of Timothy and enjoyed every minute of it. :) For those of you sitting front and center, I was at the last table that touched the stage. Once we got in, they were the only seats still available. People were already standing against the back wall. I couldn't get there until 6:45, now I know I need to get to the venue by 4:00!! I thought the club would be deeper, all tables would have perfect view of stage, you'd just be back farther if you got there later. Oh well, at least I was there!! I did see and hear him in person, a dream come true!!!! However, since I bought my tickets on line the week before, it was upsetting to learn from eaglesvet that her two Poco tablemates didn't have tickets and got better seats than me!! If I went to the trouble of reserving tickets than I should have gotten in before walk ups! But, that's life, what are you going to do? Couldn't get into the city any earlier, had "Mom duties" to attend to in the afternoon. I too was sorry he didn't circulate after the concert as I read he had done that in L.A. Brought some TBS things for him to sign just in case. Guess that will have to wait until next time, since it sounds like there will definitely be a next time!:) And, I'll be there!!!
Saw the Eagles twice last summer in concert, but since Timothy's my absolute FAV this was unbelievable!! Besides his wonderful music, it was great to hear his banter and talk, something he doesn't get to do as you all know when touring with the Eagles. Gave us all a little more of an inside look into Timothy. Loved that aspect of the concert. Can never get enough or learn enough about Timothy!!!:hilarious:

Prettymaid
10-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Hello Susan and welcome! I love to hear others' reviews of Timothy's shows. I'm so happy for him! And for $20 if he comes anywhere near me I want to go again!!!

For the record, would everyone say Timothy's shirt was sort of wine -colored or was it brown? Black vest and black 'stovepipe' jeans, right?

eaglesvet
10-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey Susan! Nice to here from you! You must have been one or two tables to the left of us (as you're facing the stage), because we were directly in front of the keyboardist (key-Border?:hilarious:). I think the only reason those other folks got the seats at our table is because initially, they were facing away from the stage, and so didn't appear to be good. Duh, turn the chairs around, folks, when the music starts...you don't need the table in front of you!

Cathy, maybe Tim has the same shirt and vest in multiple colors then. Last night, it was definitely a gray vest, a darker blackish-gray shirt, and faded tight ::sigh:: blue jeans. I only briefly looked at one of the Chicago pix this am before I posted to see the jeans, and I thought he wore denim there, too. Maybe I didn't look closely enough. He looked GOOD, is all I can say. I guess my mind was all flustered! :-D

sodascouts
10-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Welcome from me, too, Susan! I'm glad you had a good time. Who knows, maybe he'll be back in NYC and you'll get front and center!

I think I prefer SRO - don't have to worry about claiming seats. It was hard on my feet, though. I knew I shouldn't have worn my Stevie boots....

TimothyBFan
10-22-2009, 02:09 PM
, and faded tight ::sigh:: blue jeans. I only briefly looked at one of the Chicago pix this am before I posted to see the jeans, and I thought he wore denim there, too. Maybe I didn't look closely enough. He looked GOOD, is all I can say. I guess my mind was all flustered! :-D

Are you absolutely sure you can't get those pictures up any quicker? :hilarious: And Chicago were jeans also. Trust me- I checked! :thumbsup:

Welcome from me also Susan. To bad about your view last night but sure glad you enjoyed the show otherwise!

luvthelighthouse
10-22-2009, 03:10 PM
BTW--ltlh--LOVE the new avi! I can't figure out which pic it is tho.

TBF, it's one I posted in black and white. I did that because it was sharper.

Susan, welcome! So happy to hear another fan got into the show! He certainly was amamzing it, wasn't he?

As for what he was wearing... I thought it was a chocolate brown shirt and black vest. I'll have to examine the pic of him coming in the door w/Jean. It's posted, so you'll can have a look.

NY sure sounded like fun... wish I had been there too.

tbs fanatic
10-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Fabulous review Ev! I enjoyed every minute and really felt like I was right there on the journey with you! I'm so happy for you and dreamer!

As for Paris, hmph! We need St. Louis, KC, Columbia, Springfield IL or MO or anywhere in between! Please Tim? I wanna see you, too! :begging smilie:

Maybe you can work your magic again Brooke? Remember how The Eagles Tour kept coming back to your neck of the woods :eyebrow: Was it 1? 2? 3 times :headscratch: I don't know how you did it then but I think it's time to work your magic again, don't you? :hilarious:

timfan
10-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Dreamer and EV: I am soo glad you got to see the show! It sounds like it was amazing!

Susan Welcome to the board :) I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

In terms of what Timothy was wearing in Chicago he wore blue jeans, a black vest, a black silky shirt with the sleeves rolled up and also what appeared to be brand new boots.

Molly
10-22-2009, 04:17 PM
EV and dreamer, glad you both had such a good time! Whew dreamer, I'm relieved to hear you're getting over that shyness problem you have! :thumbsup:

Also hope you and Z had a nice lunch and got yourselves all caught up with one another! Wish I could have been there. :sad:

And Susan, welcome!

eaglesvet
10-22-2009, 06:17 PM
LTL's post in another thread reminded me of something funny I noticed last night. On One More Mile and I think another song, Chris Farmer the key-Border shakes a clear plastic container of metal washers as a percussion instrument! At first glance, I thought it was full of chocolate-covered pretzels, but then I realized the sound would not be very consistent from show to show, for obvious reasons!:hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
10-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Well Hello everyone ... I'm back home from my road trip. The first thing I want to says is that I am SOOOO glad that I made the trip to see such a rare and great show put on by Tim. It was totally worth every single mile I drove. It was also such a pleasure to meet Eva in person - we didn't miss a beat and it was like we have known each other forever. We had a great time, and, hopefully, there will be more shows that we can meet up for in our future. I will say this - as many of you may have read on the board before, I am very short, so the first thing I thought when I saw Eva is "man - is she tall!" I imagine she was having similar opposite thoughts. But, nonetheless, the tall blonde and the short brunette odd couple bonded before we even piled into the car and headed for the Big Apple. :laugh:

I have to say that I am not nearly the social butterfly that Eva portrayed me as. I am very reserved and shy (right Molly!) Okay – maybe shy is not the right word for me, but it did make it very easy to chime in when the other people in line were so friendly. It was funny, but Eva is right ... every time she would turn her back, it seemed like I would strike up a conversation with another person with a Bernardsville connection. (so , c'mon now ... how big is that town really). But, Tim has some great hardcore fans, and the time we stood in line passed easily. It also didn’t hurt that the weather was almost perfect. I can tell you all, I was far from winning the prize for traveling the farthest. As Eva mentioned, there were folks that had traveled much farther than me, including the lady from Paris. I was so glad for her that she was able to get her autograph.

Now, as far as the show, Eva already did a great review, and I honestly can't think of much more to add to it. It was so fun to see Tim being so relaxed and doing his own thing. I think my favorites from Expando are about the same as many others. I really like Parachute, Friday Night, White Boy From Sacramento, Downtime, I Don’t Mind, Secular Praise, and A Good Day.

After the show, I went to the restroom, and the very petite female backup singer (I can’t remember which one she is) came out of the bathroom. I told her how much I enjoyed the show, and that they really needed to do more of them. She definitively told me that there would be more scheduled after Thanksgiving, but she didn’t know which cities.

Before driving home on Thursday, I had a chance to meet up with Z for lunch (and, yes, Molly, we would have loved it if you had been there)! It was great seeing her, but I was so disappointed for her that she couldn’t go to the show knowing how much she loves Timothy. But, just maybe she and others will get another chance! :wink: :thumbsup:

eaglesvet
10-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey, Dreamer, glad you made it back safely, and it's great to know you thought it was so worthwhile! I agree! I hope your ride to VA didn't take as long as the ride up North, though.

I beg to differ on your shyness-assessment...I guarantee I wouldn't have met half as many of the people on that line and in the bar if you hadn't started the conversations off! Although I do think that a good part of it was that everyone was just sooo thrilled to be waiting with anticipation for the special treat of a Timothy concert...we just couldn't contain ourselves!:partytime:

luvthelighthouse
10-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Dreamer, I'm happy to hear you had a great time! You come off as very friendly, so I'm sure it's quite simple for you to meet other people. :)

Prettymaid
10-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Welcome home Kay! I'm thrilled that you loved seeing Timothy's show! The more people that see it the more fun we can have talking about it!

Stars
10-23-2009, 07:33 PM
So glad you guys had such a great time seeing Timothy! The reviews were fantastic, and did make me feel like I was there. Great job!:thumbsup:

Koala
10-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Dreamer, glad you had a great time,thanks for your review, too.

GlennLover
10-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks from me too, Dreamer! I had a feeling that you would get tickets. :yay:

10-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone. Honestly, if I hadn't been pretty confident that we would get tickets, I wouldn't have made the trip. Even though it was a risk, I figured it would work out. IMO, when more shows are announced, if there is any way you all can get to one, you should definitely try to do it. It is SO worth it and who knows if you will ever get another chance to see Timothy solo. As many have said, it is so fun to see him take on the role as the main man and get a little insight into his personality that you never see in an Eagles show.

Another little thing that I thought about, but don't remember if anyone had previously mentioned this ... when we went into the club, there were cardboard Expando drink coasters at each seat on all of the tables. Of course, Eva and I both grabbed ours and put them away before anyone set a drink on them. :wink: I was just wondering if any of the other venues had the coasters.

And Susan, I'm sorry I forgot to welcome you in my previous post. Glad to have you and I am so happy that you got to see the show. Too bad about your view, but I know it was well worth it anyway. From my experience, most small clubs operate pretty much the same way in that reserved general admisssion tickets only insure that you get in the venue, but the seating (or standing room) itself is not reserved - that's usually always first-come, first-serve. I guess it's just too much of a hassle for small venues to have to deal with reserving seats.

Brooke
10-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Dreamer, great to hear your thoughts, too. I'm so glad you got to go and had such a great time. Very cool that you got to meet up with Ev and Z, too! :thumbsup:

Susan
10-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Enjoyed reading all the comments and ongoing conversation about the TBS concert. Before I add anything else, I want to thank all of you for your very warm welcome! Since it was my first posting, it was so nice of you, but of course, since you're all Timothy fans, it should not come as a surprise!! Anyway, back to the concert! I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still awed by the fact that I saw him perform in person! Now that it's been a few days, it sometimes feels as if it was a dream! But then I look at my Expando drink coaster, and realize yes, I was actually there! So, whoever mentioned taking one, I did the same thing! Before the waitress could put my drink down and damage it, I too slipped it into my pocketbook! Nice to have some memento, espcially since it had Timothy's picture on it! :) Even though we didn't meet at the concert, now that I know where you were sitting, I think we did have a small connection without even knowing it! I sat next to a very nice woman who was also from France. We chatted before the show and during the show I related some of Timothy's comments, since it was hard for her to understand everything. She asked me to write down Hank Linderman's name when the band was introduced as she said something about meeting him for pictures. As I was leaving I noticed she was speaking to a group a few tables away. Was that you and your group eaglesvet? I thought she was going to have her picture taken with him, but did she actually get the pictures you have posted on this site from him? Just curious!

eaglesvet
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
AT the end of the show, the French woman was giving me her email address so I could eventually email her my pix, so that very well could have been us you saw. I thought that she was sitting at the very center front row table during the show, though. Wasn't it her who got the album signed right at the encore?

Susan
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, now I know your table, but there were obviously two different women there from France! The one who exchanged emails with you was sitting next to me the whole night. We commented on how lucky the blonde woman sitting front and center was to get his autograph! Wished it had been us!:)

10-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Hmmm - I thought it was the lady from Paris that got the autograph, too. But maybe that wasn't her at the front center table. I think it is doubtful that there were two different French women at the show. Eaglesvet and I were at the last table that was directly in front of the stage right in front of Chris.

luvthelighthouse
10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
If you are a fan of Timothy's on facebook, I French lady posted a pic in the fan section. Maybe you both can take a look and see if it's the same person.

eaglesvet
10-26-2009, 12:38 PM
I have her email, so I could always ask her where she was sitting, and if she scored the autographed album...

I'm trying to post my pix...one more attempt, and then I'm asking for assistance.

OK, twice now I have received a weird message stating that my submission (of pix) was not acceptable because a "security token" was missing. :doh::? I need to contact an administrator...in the meantime, I'm going to ask a sub to post my pix to see if she has any better luck.

TimothyBFan
10-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I just got back to my computer and found my emails from Eva. Here's a teaser of a couple she sent this morning. I will get to the rest asap this afternoon-hopefully. The first ones she sent me don't want to open the pictures but I haven't tried much. In the meantime....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/EvaspictureNYC10-21-09.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/EvaspictureNYC10-21-092.jpg

eaglesvet
10-26-2009, 04:56 PM
OK, Soda my administrator had NO idea what a "Security Token was either! :shrug: She suggested I upload to Photobucket, and then link to there. I had some time this afternoon to try it, and I think it worked. The link is:

http://photobucket.com/eaglesvet

Let me know if you are able to view the pix...I hope so! Enjoy!

timfan
10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks Eva! Your pics are AMAZING!!! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
10-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes, great pics, Eva!

Prettymaid
10-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Thank you so much Eva! This one looks like what we saw him doing for a brief moment in Chicago - playing air bass guitar to LWKUA. :sigh::inlove:

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/eaglesvet/P1000886.jpg

sodascouts
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Magnificent!!!

I'm sorry about the "Security Token" issue but I'm so glad you were able to work around it. These are great!

cynd1231
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
OMG, Eva...fabulous pix! Looks like you were standing on stage right next to him! GORGEOUS -- and thank you!

TimothyBFan
10-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Looking at these again and again and can I say how much I love this one.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/P1000884.jpg

Thanks again Eva for sharing these.

10-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow Eva - those pix are fantastic. You done good! And good grief - we were up pretty close weren't we!!! :wink:

Koala
10-27-2009, 01:54 AM
WOW, wonderful pics, thanks !:)

eaglesvet
10-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Thank you so much Eva! This one looks like what we saw him doing for a brief moment in Chicago - playing air bass guitar to LWKUA. :sigh::inlove:

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww43/eaglesvet/P1000886.jpg

How funny...I didn't realize it at the time, because I was mesmerized by his vocals, but I bet you are right!

eaglesvet
10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Looking at these again and again and can I say how much I love this one.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/P1000884.jpg

Thanks again Eva for sharing these.

Wiilie, did you read one of the few comments I put in the album? If not, go back and look again. I know you like a book! :hilarious:

eaglesvet
10-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Wow Eva - those pix are fantastic. You done good! And good grief - we were up pretty close weren't we!!! :wink:

Practically in his arms!!:hilarious: (well, that plus a little bit o'zoom...)

Thx for the compliments, guys!

TimothyBFan
10-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Wiilie, did you read one of the few comments I put in the album? If not, go back and look again. I know you like a book! :hilarious:

That's so funny! I hadn't noticed that. You certainly do know me pretty well. :hilarious:

eaglesvet
10-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Ahhh, time for a change!! Thanks to Willie for my new heavenly sig pix! I looove it!

Pretty soon, this is going to look like a Timmy Board, what with all the new avs and sigs! (But I know that Glenn, Don, and Joe will never really be far from our minds...)

Brooke
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Gorgeous pics, Ev! Thanks so much for sharing them with us!

Tim looks very HS & G! :smitten:

eaglesvet
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Well, now I know your table, but there were obviously two different women there from France! The one who exchanged emails with you was sitting next to me the whole night. We commented on how lucky the blonde woman sitting front and center was to get his autograph! Wished it had been us!:)

Susan, I just got an email back from Marie Lise, the "one and only" French woman at the show, as she put it. And you are right, she was sitting at your table, and unfortunately for her, NOT front and center as Dreamer and I thought. So who is it that got the autograph? Inquiring minds want to know!:hilarious:

Prettymaid
10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Ahhh, time for a change!! Thanks to Willie for my new heavenly sig pix! I looove it!

Pretty soon, this is going to look like a Timmy Board, what with all the new avs and sigs! (But I know that Glenn, Don, and Joe will never really be far from our minds...)

Love your new sig pic. I'm so happy that Timothy's in the spotlight right now. He deserves it! And as soon as the other guys put new albums out they'll be there too! :hilarious:

Peekaboo
10-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm so happy for you, Eva and Dreamer. That's so great that the two of you got to meet up and go to the concert together. The Eagles bringing Borderers together in every way possible...always a great thing. I loved reading both of your reviews of the concert and the pictures are WONDERFUL.

I'd also like to welcome you to the Border, Susan. So glad that you got to see Timothy too.

Love your new sig pic. I'm so happy that Timothy's in the spotlight right now. He deserves it! And as soon as the other guys put new albums out they'll be there too! :hilarious:

I completely agree.

TimothyBFan
10-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Got this in google alerts. Dreamer and Ev-do you recognize them?

http://bonnieegenton.blogspot.com/2009/10/tuesday-tunes-timothy-b-schmit-concert.html

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Tunes-Timothy B. Schmit concert in NYC (http://bonnieegenton.blogspot.com/2009/10/tuesday-tunes-timothy-b-schmit-concert.html)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYv9A12vI/AAAAAAAAAfw/miQLhmN-_eE/s200/expando+and+birthday+lunch+032.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYv9A12vI/AAAAAAAAAfw/miQLhmN-_eE/s1600-h/expando+and+birthday+lunch+032.jpg)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYirmu-QI/AAAAAAAAAfo/SUQ_aeBQshA/s200/expando+and+birthday+lunch+029.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYirmu-QI/AAAAAAAAAfo/SUQ_aeBQshA/s1600-h/expando+and+birthday+lunch+029.jpg)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYiYKiV9I/AAAAAAAAAfg/gHDs9dS0tg0/s200/expando+and+birthday+lunch+021.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYiYKiV9I/AAAAAAAAAfg/gHDs9dS0tg0/s1600-h/expando+and+birthday+lunch+021.jpg)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYh4faKFI/AAAAAAAAAfY/ckqmUPdZGjg/s200/expando+and+birthday+lunch+005.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYh4faKFI/AAAAAAAAAfY/ckqmUPdZGjg/s1600-h/expando+and+birthday+lunch+005.jpg)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYhp2miWI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/Pb9NzUBHyDA/s200/expando+and+birthday+lunch+003.jpg (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYhp2miWI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/Pb9NzUBHyDA/s1600-h/expando+and+birthday+lunch+003.jpg)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYhdEW7yI/AAAAAAAAAfI/2xd6PCM0X7A/s200/expando+and+birthday+lunch+013.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iLREmfNfuSk/SueYhdEW7yI/AAAAAAAAAfI/2xd6PCM0X7A/s1600-h/expando+and+birthday+lunch+013.jpg)

It's truly energizing when you meet people who have the same interests as you. So was the case when my friend Helen and I stood in line last Wednesday to see Timothy B. Schmit perform at The Bitter End. Funny how strangers become friends, even if it is temporary, as they are anxiously awaiting seeing a musician whose music has carried them throughout their lifetime. Timothy played The Shadow from his last solo album, Feed The Fire, to begin the night. He played a few Eagles tunes, I Can't Tell You Why, I Don't Want To Hear Any More (from Long Road Out of Eden), and Love Will Keep Us Alive. A treat for me was hearing his Poco hit, Keep On Tryin' as I'd never heard that live before. Timothy also sang most of the songs from his new album, Expando which is a mix of folk rock, blues and country rock. My favorite song from the album is Parachute, with Graham Nash singing back up vocals--awesome music. Here are some pics from the show--I was fortunate to be sitting right in front of the stage, a night I'll never forget . . .

eaglesvet
10-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Do I recognize them?! Bonnie, the blogger (in black) and her friend Helen (in denim), were the nicest "line-mates" ever! They were right behind us in line, and gave me their extra "NY's Best Pizza" to eat! (It was offered to Dreamer, but she was still in her "not hungry" phase...those words are rarely in my vocabulary!) And Bonnie was one of the Bernardsville (my town) connections that Dreamer dug up within moments of meeting them. In fact, if you read further on in Bonnie's blog, she even mentions her Bernards High Reunion she recently attended... when I she mentioned it that night, I then matched her up with someone else in the front of the line that Dreamer had scouted out earlier. (Neither one of them live here now...both are in other parts of Jersey.)

The last picture shows another friend (in fuchsia) who's name I forget...that's the woman we actually bought our two tickets from! And I remember when that picture was being taken...Dreamer and I are off to the right, on the steps talking. This was shortly after the main man Timmy arrived in his hot ride, the black SUV.

I guess that maybe Dreamer and I are some of the "temporary strangers that became friends" that she mentions in the first line of her report!:grouphug:

luvthelighthouse
10-28-2009, 08:09 PM
That's so cool! Sounds like everyone in NY had a blast!

10-28-2009, 10:36 PM
OMG - How cool is that!!! Yep - that's definitely the pizza girls with the Bernardsville connection alright. That was a very sweet writeup, and she is right about how much fun it is to chat with other fans who all have similar interest. I don't know how to spell the lady's name that we bought the tickets from, but I think her name was something like Thia (that's probably not right, but, hopefully, it's kinda close). Eva, I was thinking that you actually took a few pictures for them, but I might be misremembering. Anyway, ladies if you happen to read this - a big hello to you all! It was a fun night.

eaglesvet
10-28-2009, 11:56 PM
I know...that is sooo cool and coincidental! Nope, I didn't take any of their pix. One of the hubbies did. I think I will try to reach out to Bonnie on her blog, and direct her here, as well as to my Photobucket pix.

Susan
10-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Eaglesvet, thanks for e-mailing Marie Lise and getting things straightened out! If you email her again, tell her that her concert/table mate says hello! This "inquiring mind" doesn't know who got the autograph. Just know she was probably the envy of every woman there that night!! GREAT PICTURES!!!! Thanks for sharing them!! I didn't get any so really appreciate reliving the night through yours!! :razz:

timfan
11-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Some fans with a certain gentleman :nahnah: outside of the NY show...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/tbsny.jpg

Brooke
11-04-2009, 10:21 AM
There ya go! Persistence!

sodascouts
11-20-2009, 10:21 PM
Don't think this has been posted before - it's a review of the show by The Aquarian Weekly. Click here (http://www.theaquarian.com/2009/11/20/timothy-b-schmit-bitter-end/).

eaglesvet
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Very nice article, Soda. I must say, however, that the area around The Bitter End was not that crassly commercialized with banks and convenience stores...there were quite a few nice small restaurants, taverns, and shops. I know, because I spent a few laps circling the surrounding blocks, looking for parking, while Dreamer held our primo position in line. We were right near NYU, so they have to have some other businesses to cater to the students, right?

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 08:18 AM
How's this for a treat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJSRLLWsIw

Koala
06-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Love it, thanks!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks Troub! I remember hearing that arrangement in Chicago and liking it. I like the way he funks it up just a little.

I grabbed a screen cap of the smile at the end. Love it when he smiles!

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/timothysmiling.png

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 08:42 AM
So sweet.

TimothyBFan
07-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I actually took screen caps of this when I first saw it quite awhile back also!! How adorable it is! Thanks for posting it again Troub.

Here's what I captured...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/IDWTHAcap.jpg

So much emotion in these next 2!!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/IDWTHAcap2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/IDWTHAcap3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/IDWTHAcap4.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/IDWTHAcap5.jpg

Troubadour
07-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Great caps! He's so adorable and modest. Look at his sweet smile in the last one.

sodascouts
07-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Terrific!

07-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Aaawwwww - This is the show that eaglesvet and I were at. He was so dreamy that night. Thanks for the video Troub, and Willie, for those screencaps - they are wonderful! :thumbsup: