PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Beach 2010

Super Frey
11-01-2009, 09:59 PM
A friend of mine, called the Pebble Beach office and ask them if Glenn was on the list. He is on list two they told her but has not yet confirmed he is playing. So I just wanted to share that, let's keep our fingers crossed. I watch it on tv, and I love to see Glenn there.:pray:

Ive always been a dreamer
11-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info, SF. From past experience over the last few years, it is too early to know if he will be playing the tournament or not. Fingers are crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

GlennLover
11-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Dreamer, will you be going if he plays?

sodascouts
11-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up either. It's my understanding that they only get to those on the second list if some on the first list can't make it. I'll definitely try to go if he confirms, though!

Super Frey
11-02-2009, 03:25 PM
I just spoke to the Pebble Beach office. They have 2 celebrity invite lists - the second one goes out after the first one (I think it's almost like a wait list if they go through the first list and all the people don't respond then they go to the second one). She said Glenn is definately on one of the two lists she's just not sure which one. Now that I've reminded her about my interest in Glenn I'm sure she will keep her ears open if they hear anything. Only the "save the date" info has gone out. She said they have gotten some verbal confirmations back but no celebrities have turned in their paperwork. I believe the formal invites with the paperwork goes out around Thanksgiving. Still not getting my hopes up too much, but that was nice:-D

11-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the info, SF. Sounds eerily familiar to what we were told last year (after several inquiries). My guess is that it'll be a long shot if Glenn plays the tournament this time, but I hope that just maybe we will all be very pleasantly surprised. In any event, if Glenn is on the 2nd list, it could be mid-January before we know if he'll be there.

And GL, I can't say for sure, but if Glenn shows up at that tournament in February, then there's a pretty good chance that I will too. :wink:

Troubadour
11-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Fingers crossed! I remember the afternoon I spent, squealing with excitement and crying with laughter, over the accounts of Soda et al's visit to Pebble Beach. Absolutely hilarious! If I couldn't be there myself, I'd definitely look forward to more wonderfully written PB 'reviews'. :nod:

mifdulma
11-09-2009, 02:17 AM
:angel:^^:angel:
I watch it on tv, and I love to see Glenn there.:pray:

(http://assuranceretraite.org/assurance-retraite/)

bernie's bender
11-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I know a couple of ladies who volunteer and work it every year. I don't live too far from there... they have a blast at it...

you might consider volunteering... you get to go to lots of the parties and rub elbows (etc)... we always tease the girls that it is their wild weekend away from the hubbies and, well, they laugh pretty hard about it....

It is beautiful but always seems to rain at least one day... I'm decidedly biased but I think the central coast of Ca is just gorgeous.

Prettymaid
11-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I know a couple of ladies who volunteer and work it every year. I don't live too far from there... they have a blast at it...

you might consider volunteering...

Bender, Glennie's Angels have volunteered...specifically to get Glenn a screwdriver! :wink: (See past Pebble Beach threads).

bernie's bender
11-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Bender, Glennie's Angels have volunteered...specifically to get Glenn a screwdriver! :wink: (See past Pebble Beach threads).

oh sorry!

11-09-2009, 01:44 PM
We haven't ever 'officially' volunteered though. :wink: The last year we went, we were talking to some of the 'real' volunteers, and they were telling us about some of the 'perks'. I believe there is always a party for the volunteers on Wednesday evening where some of the celebrities (including Glenn) perform. Sounds like it may be a real good time, and I volunteer to be Glenn's designated screwdriver fetcher. Now, can I get a big 'hell yeah"!!! :laugh:

And bender, I agree, Monterey is absolutely beautiful.

Prettymaid
11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
I'll fetch him anything he wants - drinks...food...slippers! :laugh:

Super Frey
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
I'll fetch him anything he wants - drinks...food...slippers! :laugh:

I like that prettymaid :hilarious:

Super Frey
11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
I just spoke to the Pebble Beach office. They have 2 celebrity invite lists - the second one goes out after the first one (I think it's almost like a wait list if they go through the first list and all the people don't respond then they go to the second one). She said Glenn is definately on one of the two lists she's just not sure which one. Now that I've reminded her about my interest in Glenn I'm sure she will keep her ears open if they hear anything. Only the "save the date" info has gone out. She said they have gotten some verbal confirmations back but no celebrities have turned in their paperwork. I believe the formal invites with the paperwork goes out around Thanksgiving. Still not getting my hopes up too much, but that was nice:-D

Ok I'm gonna have to say something now, that might get me thrown off here but I borrowed this quote from my friend, and didn't tell her. I'm not gonna say who it is or where the quote is. But she is very upset with me, and the only connection, I do have with Pebble beach is the website. No she doesn't belong to this site I don't think, and no it has nothing to do with any of you, it's between me and her. It was wrong to do it, I guss I was just mad at her for something and it got out of hand. So if you get rid of me Soda, I'll understand. SF

sodascouts
11-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Thanks for clarifying, SF. I'm not going to stick my nose in your business with your "friend" but it's not cool to say you called the office when you didn't. I'm not going to kick you off the board for it, though.

If you want to talk about this topic outside of clarifying your post, then PM me. We don't want to take the thread off-topic with personal matters.

sodascouts
12-13-2009, 11:57 AM
I've moved the posts regarding Tiger Woods to the thread where his situation was being discussed earlier, called "Dirty Laundry" - as that's indeed what it is.

12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
I called the Pebble Beach office today for information about Glenn's status. The gentleman I spoke with confirmed that Glenn would not be playing the AT&T Pro-Am in February. He said the field for the 2010 tournament has been cut from 180 to 156 players. Now, we did get a lot of conflicting information last year whenever we called to inquire, so I would not say that I am convinced that this news is 100% reliable, but I tend to believe it is. While this is really disappointing, I must say I'm honestly not very surprised. It looks like Glenn's Pebble Beach golf days could possibly be over. :-(

Molly
12-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm afraid you might be right, Kay. I'm glad I tagged along when I did.

Well, there are other tournaments. Tons of charity/celebrity events. We'll just have to pay attention.

Super Frey
12-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Well that's :-(

sodascouts
12-22-2009, 05:35 PM
How disappointing (although not entirely surprising, considering he wasn't there last year). I'm sorry to hear it.

12-23-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm afraid you might be right, Kay. I'm glad I tagged along when I did.

I'm really glad we decided to go when we did too, Molly. The scenery was awesome and we had a really good time learning all about golf. :wink:

Molly
12-23-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm really glad we decided to go when we did too, Molly. The scenery was awesome and we had a really good time learning all about golf. :wink:

Well, of course, we're students of the game. Why, has someone suggested otherwise?

Oh, yeah that whole stalker thing.

My new found knowledge helped me locate hubby's Xmas gift this year.
A Calloway Big Bertha Diablo Neutral Fairway Graphite Wood...18 degrees. Whew! Don't think I didn't have to write that down!

It was a little embarrassing going into a sporting goods store called Dick's and asking for a stiff shaft. :eyebrow:

12-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh Molly - you are BAAADDDDD - but really, really funny!!! :lol: But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do for the sake of the game!!! :wink: :wink:

Maleah
12-26-2009, 02:38 AM
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: you two kill me! I must admit...I read that with a :shock: face ;)

Molly
12-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Arrrrgggghhhh! He opened it yesterday morning and proclaimed it to be the WRONG CLUB!

It seems he told me to get him a club he already has! Me thinks he may have too many clubs if he's becoming this confused.

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2009, 07:51 PM
It was a little embarrassing going into a sporting goods store called Dick's and asking for a stiff shaft. :eyebrow:

:lol: :rofl: :hilarious:

I'm sure your hubby is very pleased with the interest you take in his hobbies :wink:

12-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Well Molly - since your experience purchasing that club was so 'interesting', I can't wait to hear about when you return it. :lol:

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2009, 04:39 AM
Molly : 'I wanna return this stiff shaft..... its not the right one'

Molly
12-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Hubby is quite anxious to get the club mishap taken care of so he's already returned the club and is working on getting a new one right from the Calloway company.

He didn't even let me go along when he returned it for fear that I might embarrass him. He said I'm immature. :thumbsup:

While we were searching before Christmas, the first store we went into (Dick's) the clerk told hubby that they were out of that club because "everyone wanted the stiff shaft." And, I said, "I'm not at all surprised."

What's the matter with saying that? :angel:

Brooke
12-30-2009, 02:14 PM
:hilarious: No words for this whole story, just :hilarious:

Way to go, Molly!

12-30-2009, 03:08 PM
While we were searching before Christmas, the first store we went into (Dick's) the clerk told hubby that they were out of that club because "everyone wanted the stiff shaft." And, I said, "I'm not at all surprised."

What's the matter with saying that? :angel:

Molly - this just proves to me how much you learned about the game while at Pebble Beach. You go girl!!! :thumbsup: :angel:

GlennLover
12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm cracking up!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glennsallnighter
12-31-2009, 04:43 AM
This story gets better and better Molly!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EasyFeeling
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Awwww, I'm sorry to hear Glenn is not attending this year. :sad: I had always so much fun reading about your experiences with him.