PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP THIS 5 YEAR OLD

cynd1231
11-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Okay fellow-Borderers, let's turn this into a "Border Make-A Wish Come True". I received the following message from one of my son's best friends and while I don't personally know Diana or Noah, my card is in the mail. I wish I had a little more detail, like expectancy, but it's obviously getting short. Let's help Noah celebrate the best Christmas of his all-too short life. I love you all dearly for your support.

Diana Harrison Biorkman (friend of a friend) has a 5yr old son Noah. He is in the last stages of a 2 1/2yr battle with neuroblastoma cancer. The family is celebrating Xmas next week, & Noah's request is to get lots of Christmas cards. Lets get him some!! Please send cards to:

Noah Biorkman
1141 Fountianview Circle
South Lyon, MI 48178 USA

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Consider it done Cynd!

sodascouts
11-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I'll do it as well!

Brooke
11-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Me, too.

Let me update you on my hair dresser's little boy that I told about a couple years ago with a cancerous tumor wrapped around his windpipe. He is now cancer free and in school and acting just like any little kid. Doing great! The tumor cannot be removed now, but maybe someday. (The particular name of this escapes me.) Thanks for all the prayers for him. :thumbsup:

cynd1231
11-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I wish the prospects for Noah offered some hope but as I understand it he is unlikely to survive the month. I spoke with my son today and he said his friend tells him Noah totally understands what's going on yet remains cheerful and is not afraid. The strength and resilience of a child is a wondrous thing. My heartfelt thanks to everyone out there who is brightening Noah's days.

(I was going to change my Av today but decided to leave it alone. After listening to Timothy's lengthy interview and his comments about his love of children, this one seemed most appropriate since he looks as though he's bowing his head in prayer.)

Koala
11-09-2009, 04:48 AM
I have also already sent a card.

TimothyBFan
11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Addressed one this morning and it will be in the mail this afternoon. Good luck to him and his family.

AzEaglesFan
11-10-2009, 02:48 AM
I mailed a card off to him this morning. I hate it when something like this happens to someone so young.

Wildthyme
11-10-2009, 05:30 AM
I got an invite to send a card to Noah a few days ago through facebook so I sent him a card in Saturday's mail. Such a sad story... I so hate it when children are sick :(

Glennsallnighter
11-10-2009, 07:25 AM
So true WT. There's times when their constant activity and mischief can waer one out, but isn't it great that they have such enthusiasm. I hope little Noah has a great Christmas.

Brooke
11-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I think my local news covered this story last night. It looks like lots of people sent cards! They showed a clip of the post office and there were bins and bins of cards for the little boy.

I hope he has a wonderful Christmas.

tbs fanatic
11-13-2009, 12:23 PM
I saw this on the news too.