PDA

View Full Version : New West Coast Tour Dates

carol7lynn
11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Timmy just twitted that he's going to be announcing new west coast tour dates soon. Yippeedeedahday-:partytime:I love L.A.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

Wildthyme
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Well I'd like to be excited that I might get a chance to see any of them in concert but since they never seem to perform north of L.A. or west of Oklahoma/Texas there seems to be no point. :sigh: I'd love to know what those of us in the Pacific Northwest did to deserve being ignored by our boys (we are sorry... please come see us. :weep:)

sodascouts
11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Just saw this on Twitter myself. Hope he spreads the love to the rest of America too! ;)

Troubadour
11-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Aah! So exciting!

carol7lynn
11-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Well I'd like to be excited that I might get a chance to see any of them in concert but since they never seem to perform north of L.A. or west of Oklahoma/Texas there seems to be no point. :sigh: I'd love to know what those of us in the Pacific Northwest did to deserve being ignored by our boys (we are sorry... please come see us. :weep:)

I hear you. Although we have been lucky here in the L.A. area to get a few sporadic solo shows by the boys in the band, including Felder, the Eagles as a group seem to be avoiding the west coast like the plague. Funny because, except for Henley, they all live in California. Who knows? But I do expect a full-blown California tour in 2010. We're no getting any younger.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

TimothyBFan
11-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I'd love to know what those of us in the Pacific Northwest did to deserve being ignored by our boys (we are sorry... please come see us. :weep:)

Maybe you should check with Rhonda! I still say it's all those letters, phone calls and billboards she has threatened Irving with.:eyebrow:

cynd1231
11-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Could someone please define the term "west coast"? Like TIMOTHY! :confused:

Prettymaid
11-09-2009, 10:01 AM

Awww Cami, don't cry - they're just saving the best for last!

carol7lynn
11-09-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm thinking west coast means primarily California-San Fran, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Anaheim, a few desert cities, and San Diego. He might throw in a Seattle date, a Salem date and maybe even a Vegas date but I think most of the dates will be in California. I'm also thinking most of the shows will take place between November-January. :band:We will see. I'm just glad he said West Coast.

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:thud:

Wildthyme
11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Well if he hits Seattle then I am grabbing Rhonda and we are there. And if he performs in San Francisco or Sacramento I will do my best to go... as long as the weather is okay. There are a nasty bunch of mountain passes I have to get through to make it south and in the winter they get shut down by snow on a regular basis.

carol7lynn
11-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Timmy just tweeted he hopes to post the tour dates "later today."

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

timfan
11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Cool!

carol7lynn
11-10-2009, 01:46 PM
Okay here is the list so far:
December Shows:

FYI: Most if not all shows are GA (ugh!):sad:
Tix prices: Again most are around $20:partytime:
San Diego/Solana Beach is already on sale.:-o

1. Portland-Dec 7th-Aladdin Theater-on sale 11/14
2. Seattle-Dec. 9th-Triple Door-on sale 11/13
3. Sacramento-Dec 11th-Crest Theater-on sale 11/14:blueblob:
4. San Francisco-Dec. 13th-The Great American Music Hall-on sale 11/15:blueblob:
5. Santa Barbara-Dec. 14th-The Solo:blueblob:
6. Los Angeles-Dec. 17th The Troubador-on sale 11/13 :blueblob:
7. San Diego-Dec. 21st-The Belly-Up Tavern Solana Beach-on sale now $23.50 (total) :blueblob:

:blueblob: Shows I will definitely be front and center. Look out TimmyB.
I found these dates on the Eaglesband.com tour page and Timmy's site.

Here are the links

Eagles: http://www.eaglesband.com/tour.php
TBS: http://www.timothybschmit.com/home.php?content=tour

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:grooving:
More shows may be added according to his latest Tweet.

TimothyBFan
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Portland? Oh Ticky.......? Can you help us out here? We need a report from the board there!

Troubadour
11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Yay!

sodascouts
11-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the heads-up CL!

luvthelighthouse
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Timmy boy got the solo bug! Can you imagine what the crowd in Sacramento will be like when he sings WBFS? OMG, they are gonna raise the roof! I'm excited for Timothy and everyone who can get to enjoy those shows live! Thanks for the update CL!

Prettymaid
11-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the update CL. Any dates yet?

Brooke
11-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Tim......Midwest please! :sad:

I am happy for you west coasters though. :yay:

Wildthyme
11-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I think I may faint from shock... an Eagle in concert in Portland? And Sacramento? AND San Francisco? Timmy may not be my #1 favorite of the boys but I am going to have to go see him anyway! Wow...

Prettymaid
11-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I think I may faint from shock... an Eagle in concert in Portland? And Sacramento? AND San Francisco? Timmy may not be my #1 favorite of the boys but I am going to have to go see him anyway! Wow...

:yay: Cami! Be sure to get the cd first. You'll have a great time! It's such a close intimate setting!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Get the guest room ready Ticky! :grin:

Wildthyme
11-10-2009, 06:23 PM
:yay: Cami! Be sure to get the cd first. You'll have a great time! It's such a close intimate setting!

Yep... time to download the CD to my mp3 player. And make concert going plans... woo hoo!

Troubadour
11-10-2009, 06:35 PM
So pleased for you, Cami!

tbs fanatic
11-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Tim......Midwest please! :sad:

I am happy for you west coasters though. :yay:

Brooke - start working your magic to get Timmy to the Midwest. You can do it - YES YOU CAN! :rofl:

Prettymaid
11-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Brooke - start working your magic to get Timmy to the Midwest. You can do it - YES YOU CAN! :rofl:

Yes Brooke, if you can coerce four Eagles to play Missouri multiple times, surely you can convince one...:wink:

Brooke
11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Yes Brooke, if you can coerce four Eagles to play Missouri multiple times, surely you can convince one...:wink:

Well, let me see.................:wink:

:pray:

Oops, probably no help from God on this one if Don is right. :lol:

Prettymaid
11-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Well, let me see.................:wink:

:pray:

Oops, probably no help from God on this one if Don is right. :lol:

My God woman, are you trying to bring the wrath of Don down on you!!?? This is much to petty an issue to pray about! :fingerwag: :wink:

nnhgirl
11-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Update! Tim has just posted dates for his West Coast shows. And check out www.eaglesband.com/tour (http://www.eaglesband.com/tour) for tour dates for both Don and Tim.

luvthelighthouse
11-11-2009, 11:48 PM
If I lived in Cali, I'd be in heaven. I'm jealous of all those dates that I can't get to!

cynd1231
11-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Pretty hefty schedule...hope he's finished his Christmas shopping! And I hope he's giving me emeralds because I'm absolutely green with envy that California gets to keep him for the holiday season!

sodascouts
11-12-2009, 12:21 AM
He is playing the freaking TROUBADOUR!!!! Oh, to see him there!

:jealous:

TimothyBFan
11-12-2009, 08:50 AM
So Rhonda and Cami, what are you guys doing December 7th? Can we count on you for a review and a few photos? PLEASE!!!!! :pray::pray::pray:(this is a plea, not a prayer)

Troubadour
11-12-2009, 09:57 AM
:pray::pray::pray:(this is a plea, not a prayer)

LMAO!

Wildthyme
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
So Rhonda and Cami, what are you guys doing December 7th? Can we count on you for a review and a few photos? PLEASE!!!!! :pray::pray::pray:(this is a plea, not a prayer)

Oh I expect we can help you out with this.... :hilarious:

carol7lynn
11-12-2009, 10:36 AM
There are a few presales for TBS shows:

All shows are GA standing room except for the Soho and The Crest.
Ticket Price: Around $20

So far:
The Aladdin-Presale Nov. 12th at 10:00 through TM Password: Expando also AMEX presale.

The Troubadour-Presale Nov. 12th at 10:00 through TM Password: Expando

The Crest-Presale Nov 13th at 10:00 through LiveNation.

Already on Sale:
The Belly-up-$23.50 early access if you eat in their restaurant The Wild Note Cafe.

Also note:

Th Soho-Santa Barbara offers better seats if you buy dinner with your tix. Theater style seating.

Carol-Lynn
Timmy's SoCalGal:nahnah:

Prettymaid
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
I love that it costs only around $20 to see TBS! That is ultimately what convinced me of wanting to go see him in Chicago (that and the fact that Soda was willing to do the driving.) ;) And how neat that these small venues will give you a deal if you eat there too!

I'm telling you Cami, you are in for a treat!

Brooke
11-12-2009, 11:32 AM
He is playing the freaking TROUBADOUR!!!! Oh, to see him there!

:jealous:

OMG, how cool is that?! I'm :jealous: too.

ticky
11-12-2009, 11:57 AM
We are SOooooo there.. We're taking my cousin Susan with us too LOL Okay, so Jean is probably going to be there, but maybe Susan can flirt with one of the other guys in the band hehehe. We'll bring as many pics as we can.. OO I get to try out my new camera!!

carol7lynn
11-12-2009, 02:17 PM
So far I've got tixs for the Troub and the Belly-up.:thumbsup:

Carol-Lynn

Prettymaid
11-12-2009, 02:38 PM
So far I've got tixs for the Troub and the Belly-up.:thumbsup:

Carol-Lynn

At these prices you could go to all the shows you want! (Are you going to eat at the Wild Note Cafe?) :thumbsup:

carol7lynn
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes. With early entry and a place to sit until then even the cheapest meal will be worth the price. Are you going and want someone to hook-up with let me know.

Carol-Lynn

Wildthyme
11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
The tickets for the Aladdin in Portland are only $20 and are general admission. Unfortunately since I don't have a special offer or an American Express card I can't buy them until Saturday :weep:

TimothyBFan
11-12-2009, 03:02 PM
WT--is "special offer" just a pass code? If so, it's usually something extremely obvious like Timothy B Schmit or Expando. Might want to try a few.

Wildthyme
11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
ok... I am the proud owner of one ticket to see Tim on December 7th in Portland. YAY!!!

Prettymaid
11-12-2009, 04:26 PM
YAY!!!

carol7lynn
11-12-2009, 04:35 PM
The tickets for the Aladdin in Portland are only $20 and are general admission. Unfortunately since I don't have a special offer or an American Express card I can't buy them until Saturday :weep:

I already posted the password-guess you missed it. It is indeed "Expando."

So go get your tix. Don't need an AMEX card for the special offer. Looks like that is going to be the password for most of the dates.

Carol-Lynn

ticky
11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
me too me too!! Tim on the 7th!! YAY!!!!!

Prettymaid
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I challenge you both to not come away as bigger Tim fans.

TimothyBFan
11-13-2009, 08:10 AM
:yay::yay: I'm so excited for you both but for me also!! I know you will come back with great reviews and pictures!!! And as PM said, you will come back appreciating Tim more than ever!!

I can't wait for these new dates. Looks as if between Carol-Lynn, Rhonda & Cami-we will pretty much have them all covered! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
11-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Can't wait. I'm excited for those who get to go and we back here who get to reap the benefits.

carol7lynn
11-13-2009, 09:38 AM
My new tag for TimmyB-The Expando Commando!:guitar:

Most shows go on sale today and tomorrow folks.
Password is: Expando (probably)

Carol-Lynn
Timmy's SoCalGalWithASmileforNow:p:inlove::grooving:

eaglesvet
11-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I like that!

tbs fanatic
11-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I am sooooooooo :jealous: . Lot's of pics please :nod:.

carol7lynn
11-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Just got front row center for Sacramento. Presale is through LiveNation. Can't believe it!

So far I've got tix for Sacramento, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, and San Diego. I'm probably going to skip San Fran.

Carol-Lynn
Timmy'sSoCalGalWithASmileNow:grooving:

sodascouts
11-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Girl, you've got the luck of the devil! Congrats on your seat. Sounds like you're going to be a groupie without benefits! ;)

Brooke
11-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Way to go CL! :thumbsup:

carol7lynn
11-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks but it's a combination of luck and doing your homework.

There was a major snaf-fu this morning with the Crest Theater show in Sacramento. :nausea: LiveNation had the wrong pre-sale link to Tickets.com and it wouldn't allow anyone to order tickets. I've dealt with Tickets.com before so I immediately called them and they told me how to get to the right order page-It took LiveNation over an hour to link to the right ticketing page. Meanwhile I got front row center. I found the password last night using google.

The password for that show in case anyone is interested is: Record.
You can still get a front row off-side seats but you have to order 2 or more seats. Best you can do with a single is 4th row. There is no row A.

The Santa Barbara show was supposed to go on sale (according to the email I got from TBS) at 10:00 a.m. but I was able to get in at 9:15. I also knew to order dinner & tix as people with dinner reservations get the preferred seats in the front orchestra sections. Did my homework yesterday with shows already on sale to find that out.

So, that is that. Just got my flight to Sacramento booked and everything so far cost me less than one Eagles show. How about that. Timmy rocks. The Expando Commando!

Carol-Lynn
Timmy'sSoCalGalWithASmileNow-Pal:rofl:

luvthelighthouse
11-13-2009, 04:14 PM
The Expando Commando!

Okay, when I hear commando, I always brings to mind the slang for going w/out underwear.

When you call him this, I can only picture TBS walking around in jeans w/out underwear on! :woah:

Troubadour
11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Need a cold flannel, ltl?

Brooke
11-13-2009, 04:21 PM
ltlh, my thoughts too! :lol:

carol7lynn
11-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Update on Santa Barbara.

The SoHo has pulled ticketing so that they can revise the order page. :shrug:They originally thought it was going to be GA but the record company told them to do reserved. Wondered why I wasn't given a seat number. So, long story short the front two rows are only going to be sold at the venue in person. Whad up? The guy at the club told me that I would more than likely be in the third row since I ordered before they pulled the show but I will have to wait for an e-mail to confirm that. What a cluster #$%^.

Stay Tuned!
Carol-Lynn
Timmy's SoCalGalWithASmileNowPal:steviesmack:Listen here Lindsey, you can go your own way!:band:

carol7lynn
11-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Santa Barbara, The Soho, update:

Ticketing is up and running-once more. Lots of good seats in the 3rd and 4th row but you must order dinner and you must buy 2 seats.

Back orchestra is GA and you can buy singles.

Carol-Lynn
:bye:

sodascouts
11-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Sorry about all the Soho mess. Looks like they're starting to get their act together - but to take away your front row seats - NOT FAIR.

carol7lynn
11-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I hear ya. :bye:Third row isn't too shabby but I'd have rather had front row all things being equal. Thanks for the sentiments. I'm sure I'll find a way to get to the stage though-I usually do.

Stay Tuned!
Timmy'sSoCalGalWithASmilePal

Ive always been a dreamer
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh my - looks like the West Coast is in for a good time! I'm betting that you all will enjoy the shows a bunch!!! :nod: :nod:

carol7lynn
11-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Timmy just twitted he's adding another show-soon.

Stay Tuned!

Carol-Lynn
Timmy'sSoCalGal:thumbsup:

sodascouts
11-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Jack Tempchin just posted this on his Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eagles-Songwriter-Jack-Tempchin/42280894815?ref=nf):

Jack will open for his pal Timothy B. Schmit, longtime bassist for The Eagles, when Timothy plays The Troubadour in West Hollywood on December 17th and again at The Belly Up Tavern in Solana Beach on December 21st!

ticky
12-01-2009, 01:36 AM
DANG!!!! NORTH JACK!! COME NORTH!!! .. so close and yet...

eaglesvet
12-01-2009, 09:01 AM
That would be a cool show! There's still hope, Ticky! When Dreamer and I saw Timmy in NY, there were rumors that JD Souther was in town guest-lecturing at NYU, which was literally around the corner from the venue. Oh, and also that Glenn was to be in town the next night for a benefit. Needless to say, the thought crossed our minds that we might see a special guest star (more likely JD, of course)....but alas, no go. It's great that Jack is pairing up for some of the shows!

tbs fanatic
12-01-2009, 11:00 AM
CL - you are the 'Ticket Queen' :partytime: You should get a prize for being the most savvy ticket buyer :hilarious:. Did I mention that I am sooooooo :jealous: (mmmm maybe, a few times). Have fun. :partytime:

carol7lynn
12-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the update Nancy. Not really looking forward to an opening act at a GA show though as that just means more standing time. Oh, well can't have it all.

Now if TimmyB would just announce where the "added" show is going to be I could calm down.:brickwall: Hopefully it will be TODAY!

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
12-01-2009, 11:17 AM
CL - you are the 'Ticket Queen' :partytime: You should get a prize for being the most savvy ticket buyer :hilarious:. Did I mention that I am sooooooo :jealous: (mmmm maybe, a few times). Have fun. :partytime:

Hey, I'm jealous :hilarious:too!

But, seriously I have tried to "teach" other fans how to pull good seats but I get a lot of resistance. Nice of you :angel:to give me a pat on back. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

The secret of always getting a primo seat at face is simple. You have to be unemotional about the whole thing, as well as, exercise a lot of patience while also doing your homework, and be willing not to go. Not so much luck as hard work. I got tired of getting burned by those supposed VIP experiences and decided to do something about it other than complain.

Carol-Lynn

carol7lynn
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Love the XMAS motif-Nancy you are a wizard!:partytime:

Anyway, Timmy just tweeted that he may not add another date after all. Bah! Humbug.

Carol-Lynn

TimothyBFan
12-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Little more about Jack playing with Timothy.

http://www.mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=125391

Jack Tempchin To Play With Eagle Timothy B. Schmit
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii264/bongloadrecords/JTBlueLeaning.jpg

December 3, 2009 (San Diego, CA) - Jack Tempchin, co-architect of the Southern California Sound and composer of two songs on the best selling album of the 20th Century*, will play with Eagles bassist Timothy B. Schmit at stops on Schmit’s west coast ‘Expando’ concert tour in Los Angeles and San Diego.

Tickets will run from $20-$25.00 at both show dates:
December 17th The Troubadour 8pm West Hollywood, CA
December 21st The Belly Up Tavern 8pm Solana Beach, CA

Jack Tempchin wrote or co-wrote such legendary hits as 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' and 'Already Gone' for THE EAGLES; 'Slow Dancing' for JOHNNY RIVERS; 'You Belong To The City', 'Smuggler’s Blues', 'I Found Somebody', 'The One You Love', 'True Love', and 'Sexy Girl' with GLENN FREY during Frey's solo career.

Tempchin also co-wrote two songs on The Eagles latest CD, LONG ROAD OUT OF EDEN titled, 'Somebody’ and ‘It’s Your World Now’. His songs have been covered by many great career artists including: George Jones, Glen Campbell, Emmylou Harris, Tanya Tucker, Trisha Yearwood, Richie Havens, Chris Hillman, New Riders Of The Purple Sage. His tunes have been sampled by Coolio and Jay-Z.

Recently, Tempchin released his own solo CD simply titled, SONGS. SONGS includes his own version of the hit song he co-wrote with Glenn Frey called ‘Smugglers Blues’.

http://www.PeacefulEasyFeeling.com

sodascouts
12-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Timothy tweeted that the additional date is not happening after all. :(

carol7lynn
12-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Timmy is giving away 2 free tickets to each of his west coast shows on Facebook.:partytime:

Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=189434749314&comments

There are a lot of people who've entered already so hop on it.

Good Luck!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGalMeow!:nahnah:

TimothyBFan
12-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Portland tonight!!! I'm so frickin' excited for Rhonda & Cami to get this opportunity! I also hope tho that in the excitement they don't forget their duties to all of us here! :hilarious: Remember every detail and take as many pictures as you can and report back ASAP please!! Most of all---enjoy yourselves. I know you will because you are in for quite the treat!!! Give him a big wave for me please!

Prettymaid
12-07-2009, 08:47 AM
I'm excited for them too. Darn time difference...I probably won't know anything until tomorrow afternoon or evening.

eaglesvet
12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm afraid they may pass out :thud: after being without any live Eagles music (solo or not) fo so long...and then where will we be left hanging? Listen, Rhonda and Cami, you MUST FOCUS!! DO YOU HEAR US?!?

carol7lynn
12-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Can't wait to hear their reports! Have a great time girls!:cheers:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

ticky
12-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I'll try, but there's no guarantee... I may just spontaneously rip all my clothes off and jump up on stage to happy dance. *G*

TimothyBFan
12-07-2009, 02:01 PM
:woah: HEY--Save your naked happy dancing for Joe and leave Tim out of it!!!:hilarious:

ticky
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
but, I'll take pictures!!

luvthelighthouse
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm so happy that you ladies get to see Timothy tonight. I really think you are going to walk away feeling all "warm and fuzzy"... he's gonna rope you in, just ask Prettymaid. ;)

Prettymaid
12-07-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm so happy that you ladies get to see Timothy tonight. I really think you are going to walk away feeling all "warm and fuzzy"... he's gonna rope you in, just ask Prettymaid. ;)

I have enought love for them all. :inlove:

Brooke
12-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Ticky and WT, have a wonderful time tonight! And don't forget to bring back all the details for all of us ASAP!

Wildthyme
12-07-2009, 11:14 PM
We are at the concert and in the front row. Not sure they are allowing photos but we will let you know...

sodascouts
12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Excellent!

carol7lynn
12-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Can't wait for your review! Have a ball-y'all!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal