PDA

View Full Version : Timothy on 70's on 7 Sirius Radio on Nov. 12th

TimothyBFan
11-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I listen to Sirius Radio online sometimes with my nephews password and look what I found? Anyone with this service you might want to check this out.

http://www.sirius.com/70son7

Guest DJ: Timothy B. Schmit of The Eagles
Thurs 11/12
Timothy B. Schmit doesn’t "take it easy" following an Eagles tour. He’s recorded a newly released album called Expando, and is back on the road with his first solo tour. Timothy will hang out, and talk about his favorite songs recorded with Poco and Eagles, and play some of his new material. (2 hrs)

Prettymaid
11-10-2009, 10:21 AM
That sounds great! Too bad I don't have Sirius. :headshake:

But I have to say this again - listening to and reading interviews, you can just tell how much excitement he's feeling with all of this. He truly seems like a great guy and I wish him all the best. I hope he enjoys every single second of the attention he's getting now.

TimothyBFan
11-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Listening to this station now and Timothy just came on! His beautiful voice said "this is Timothy B Schmit and I will be hosting 70's on 7 on Sirius Radio later this week". :inlove: Now they are playing Already Gone! Something to look forward to on Thursday for sure!

Troubadour
11-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Aah, exciting! I echo PM's statements. I'm looking forward to buying Expando and listening to it for the first time. I'm sure I have a treat in store!

Prettymaid
11-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Aah, exciting! I echo PM's statements. I'm looking forward to buying Expando and listening to it for the first time. I'm sure I have a treat in store!

For me Lou, it was the pleasant unexpected surprise of actually enjoying almost every song. I have to admit, from what little I had heard of Timothy's previous solo work, I didn't think I was going to like it. :oops:

I'm so anxious for you to give a listen and talk about it with you! :cheers:

sodascouts
11-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the info TBF! Sure wish I had Sirius. You'll have to fill us in!

TimothyBFan
11-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Ok they just gave a time for Thursday--it's noon till 2:00 pm. It will be on Sirius and XM Satellite.

I really need to remember to thank my nephew for subscribing to Satellite and giving his Aunt Willie his password so she can use it online! :iloveyou:

TimothyBFan
11-11-2009, 01:52 PM
They are really hyping this up for tomorrow! Sounds pretty much like he will be the actual DJ for 2 hours. Says he will be talking about his new cd, his days with the Eagles and Poco and playing old and new stuff. I can't wait.

cynd1231
11-11-2009, 02:23 PM
HEADS UP! XM Satellite Radio has a 7-day free trial available. Just go to their link and fill out the form. If you hurry you should have online access for Thursday TBS event!!!!!!

NOTE: You may have to update your Media Player if you have issues with sound but once it's done you're good to go. Can't beat it...7 days of free XM Satellite Radio online. Even if all you use it for is to hear Timmy, it's a good deal.

sodascouts
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Cynd, you are a genius at finding out ways to get stuff free. I salute you! And I'm there!

Troubadour
11-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Thanks so much, Cynd!

sodascouts
11-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Listening to it now. You know, it's funny, outside of the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac I like very few other 70s acts. The past couple of songs have been eh. "Diamond Girl"? Snooze. I'm tempted to turn it to the 80s on 8... :: ducks ::

Oh wait, "Baker Street." OK, keeping it on for now. ;)

ETA: Now "Go Your Own Way." I'm sold. lol

cynd1231
11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
ME? FREE? Seek and ye shall find!!! Not only am I all in favor of anything you can get for nothing...but I believe in "share and share alike".

I've been browsing the XM Radio Online site and must say that I'm impressed. I've jumped around to a few channels and gotta say that this is a happening place to be. In fact, now that I'm going back to work (after a year of forced retirement), I'm even thinking about subscribing for the monthly fee since I'm going to have a 50-mile round-trip commute five days a week.

AAAAHHHHH.....Billy Joel! Only The Good Die Young...What can I say? I came of age in the 60's and sewed a few wild oats in the 70's. I must not have been one of the 'good' ones because I'm still going strong. :partytime:

cynd1231
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Yes, I am obsessed! Have been working on some writing this afternoon and cruising around XM Radio Online. Jumped over to their Deep Tracks channel a short while ago just as they began playing Rose of Cimarron! And for you Poconuts out there, it seems there is a Poco show in Tucson, AZ this weekend. So near and yet so far...dang, why does my new job have to start on MONDAY?????????

And then I switched over to The Bridge channel and they were playing One of These Nights.

DEFINITELY going to subscribe.

TimothyBFan
11-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Cynd you are cracking me up. I have been listening to satellite for over 2 years, ever since my nephew subscribed and gave me his password to do so. I switch back and forth depending on my mood. I confess, I've been caught listening to the Hair channel. :hilarious: It's a great service and NO commercials! :applause:

cynd1231
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
TBF, I got a healthy dose of it last year when I was visiting my son for two weeks (I went to Boston for Thanksgiving AND to catch the LROOE concert in Worcester the night before!). He's been a subscriber for a long time and indoctrinated me as we left Logan Airport upon my arrival. He's got it in the house and has Serius in the car.

If you think I'm cracking YOU up, you should have seen my son laugh at me. We'd be in the house with XM playing and he'd say, "I've got to run out for a while if you want to ride along." And I'd say "Sure, go start the car, turn on this station and pump up the volume...I don't want to miss anything!" I'm sure his neighbors were really glad when my vacation ended and I came back to Albuquerque!

sodascouts
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't forget guys, this is coming up today!

luvthelighthouse
11-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Can't stream at work... I hope one of you awesome people will be posting his stories! (Please!)

TimothyBFan
11-12-2009, 12:54 PM
About 7 more minutes and they are playing Life In The Fast Lane right now!! And it hasn't already started yet-COOL!!

TimothyBFan
11-12-2009, 01:14 PM
Got goosebumps-----!!!!!! Parachute on now!!!

ETA: Talking about Ben being on the cd also. Playing bits and pieces of the cd but not whole songs!!! :-( WBFS!

cynd1231
11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Closed out with Poco "In The Heart Of The Night" (first song of the new hour is Fleetwood Mac - LOL). It's been two hours of TBF 70's favorites with a smattering of Eagles, snippets of songs from EXPANDO and (much to my disappointment) only bits and pieces of comments from our boy rather than a full-fledged interview piece! But I must say it was fun to have Timothy play DJ for a few hours. Time to start searching for more!

sodascouts
11-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I think if you add it all up he talked for maybe seven minutes. Still, I loved that he did it at all! I recorded it and I will post some clips.

TimothyBFan
11-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Good good stuff!!!! Loved some of the tidbits, like him telling about his favorite songs or when he worked with so and so (love the "I didn't know French" story). His voice is just so soft and soothing, this is the most relaxed I've been in the middle of the afternoon for a long time. :hilarious:

cynd1231
11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
I've GOT to add that I found it endearing when he was doing the intro to ICTYW and he talked about how he could have stopped singing (did he say the Italy show?) because the audience was SO singing it!! Leaves no doubt in your mind that THEY pay attention to US during their concerts!

luvthelighthouse
11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I recorded it and I will post some clips.

And this is why we love you! I can't wait. Did he pick the songs that were played? Was it the music "he" liked? Just curious.

sodascouts
11-12-2009, 05:21 PM
The songs he introduced were songs he liked, but there were only about seven of those. The rest seemed to be the standard fare they always play.

There were eleven little bits that were each 30 seconds - 1 min, so I just put them all into one file.

Sorry for the skips... it was streaming... you know how that is.

Timothy Guest DJs on Sirius/XM Radio 70s on 7 (http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/multimedia/MP3/TimSirius2009.mp3)

luvthelighthouse
11-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Soda, thanks so much! I'm so happy to be able to hear all his comments.

Prettymaid
11-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Soda, thanks for coming through for those of us who couldn't listen. So cute when he said, "...or at your favorite music store if there are any left."

cynd1231
11-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Interesting observation, PM. I have YET to see it in ANY store in my wanderings and I've been to just about ALL of 'em so let's hope is a matter of "sold out" rather than 'never stocked it'.

Prettymaid
11-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I got it at Best Buy - first store I tried! :shrug:

luvthelighthouse
11-12-2009, 08:17 PM
I caught that, only because I had to go to an actual record store to get mine. I'm w/TBS, I'm not sure how many record stores still exist... not just music sections in big box stores.