PDA

View Full Version : James Taylor

Pages : [1] 2

Toonlass
04-04-2007, 06:01 AM
Argggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Sorry, had to let that out. I just won 4 tickets to see James Taylor when he plays the Hammersmith Apollo later this month! I can't believe it! When the tickets went on sale I really wanted to get some, but because of my Eagles spending last summer I had no "rainy day" money left. Hopefully now everyone can get the day off work so that me, WM and our parents can go! :D

Wooohooo!!!

Glennsallnighter
04-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Congratulations TL and well done.:applause: It couldn't have happened to 2 nicer sisters! Hope you all get the days off work

sodascouts
04-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow - congrats!!!! Have fun!

badkitty33
04-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Congrats! Have fun! 8)

DonFan
04-04-2007, 09:57 AM
You lucky dog, toonie! Congrats & enjoy!

Brooke
04-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Wow, toonie! That's great! Have fun! :D

timfan
04-04-2007, 10:46 AM
WOW!! :shock: :) Toonlass that's great! Congratulations!! Have a great time. I hope everyone can join you for what will undoubtedly be a fantastic show!! :D Have fun!

Toonlass
04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks everyone. I had completely forgotten about the competition as I hadn't heard who had won. I entered a text competition on Capital Gold, the question was who wrote James Taylor's hit song You've Got a Friend? A) Carole King or B) Carly Simon. Of course, as I have Tapestry and count it among my favourite albums I knew and text in quick.

I had no idea the comp was for four tickets, so I got a real surprise when a special delivery package arrived this morning. In fact I believe I went through to the kitchen jumping up and down :D

Ive always been a dreamer
04-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Wow - that is so cool, Toonie - you lucky gal! Hope you and WM enjoy the show a lot. :)

EasyFeeling
04-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Wow Toonlass, this is very cool! I didn't know him and then I saw a concert on the German TV and I find him great! 8)

glenneaglesfan
04-05-2007, 06:09 AM
Congratulations, Toon, what a wonderful surprise!! I hope you have a great time, and will look forward to a review!

tbs fanatic
04-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Very cool. Enjoy the show.

Toonlass
04-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh, WM and I will certainly write a review for you all. It seems a little unreal now. Earlier WM and I were talking and saying how its only a couple weeks to the show, whereas we had months to wait when we got our Eagles tickets.

Its nice to have a show to look forward to :)

Prettymaid
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Hubby and I saw JT about six years ago. He was good, played a lot of stuff I didn't know though. I loved his dry sense of humor. Here are a couple of examples of how he answered shout outs from the audience;

(Male voice from audience): JAMES, DO MEXICO!!!
(JT): Uhh, no.

(Feeble-sounding female voice from audience): James, you have a lovely voice.

(JT): Thank you, and good luck to you on your future endeavors.

Troubadour
11-10-2009, 06:14 PM
LOL! I adore him. I'd love to see him live. And with Carole King? Extra-special!

sodascouts
09-26-2010, 10:33 PM
How adorable is this old video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uQa4dvrg1E

Troubadour
09-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Aw, that made my day! :inlove: Thanks so much. James is gorgeous, and so cool to see Waddy, Lee & Dan Dugmore there, too. Was hoping to see Kootch, but I noticed this performance was recorded in '82... Danny was already working with Don by this point. (Can't be too sad about that!)

sodascouts
09-27-2010, 11:59 PM
I noticed Waddy, too. You know he still has that same hairdo today!

Troubadour
09-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Yup. And Lee Sklar still has that beard! Although it's much whiter now...

Troubadour
12-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Got an email from JamesTaylor.com earlier - he will be touring Europe in the summer of 2011! YIPPEE! Dates to be announced...

I am so excited. I don't think Danny, Lee or Russ will be on this one, unfortunately, but he'll still have a stellar selection of musicians with him. I've never seen James live, but he's definitely in my top three "to see" list. :heart:

tequila girl
12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Troub, I'd love to see James too - I think I bought his first album when I was about 12-13 and fell in love!

How long has Lee Sklar been Lee? if I remember right he used to be Leyland

Troubadour
12-17-2010, 08:13 PM
His full name is Leland - Lee is just an abbreviation. He tends to get called "Lee" in most interviews.

Hope you get to see James this summer, too, TG!

tequila girl
12-17-2010, 08:15 PM
His full name is Leland - Lee is just an abbreviation. He tends to get called "Lee" in most interviews.

Hope you get to see James this summer, too, TG!

Ooops sorry, I spelt it wrong....it's a long time ago when I was poring over those albums! :hilarious:

Troubadour
01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
James Taylor has just announced tour dates (including UK dates for this summer!) I've got to wait till Monday for the presale but I am SO THERE. Bournemouth on the 14th of July, baby. So excited! I've never seen him live and he is at the top of my list. :heart:

Freypower
01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm happy for you Troub.

sodascouts
01-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Congrats Troub!

Prettymaid
01-21-2011, 09:34 PM
You'll love it Troub. I've seen him and he's very good and very funny!

(He's another one where you hear that voice live and you say, "Yep, that's James Taylor!") Very unique voice.

Troubadour
01-25-2011, 06:37 PM
So, tickets are still not on sale for the Bournemouth Show. Ticketmaster says their presale will start 9am tomorrow. I will be at work, so I won't be able to get online till the evening. I know obtaining tickets is often a matter of luck, but what would your advice be for trying to get the best seats possible? Get on Ticketmaster as soon as I can tomorrow? Wait for JT's official site to release tickets? Look at other sites? (Any recommendations?) Or hang on a few weeks/months? The show is in July.

Prettymaid
01-25-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm going to have the same problem with JB tix. They go on sale this Friday at noon. I'll be at work.

Our last couple concert tickets have been purchased at this site
http://www.vividseats.com/

We can never seem to go through TM. Even if we get on right at the moment tickets go on sale, all the first few rows are gone. Brokers have somehow grabbed them up. If you're willing to "pull a Soda" and wait until closer to the show you may get lucky, but that takes a lot of will power.

Prettymaid
01-25-2011, 08:06 PM
So, tickets are still not on sale for the Bournemouth Show. Ticketmaster says their presale will start 9am tomorrow.

How does presale work? I just looked and JB presale for the Hammond, IN show starts tomorrow too.

BTW, Hubby's home from work now and just as excited as I am to go up there, see Jackson and do some gambling!

sodascouts
01-25-2011, 11:03 PM
So, tickets are still not on sale for the Bournemouth Show. Ticketmaster says their presale will start 9am tomorrow. I will be at work, so I won't be able to get online till the evening. I know obtaining tickets is often a matter of luck, but what would your advice be for trying to get the best seats possible? Get on Ticketmaster as soon as I can tomorrow? Wait for JT's official site to release tickets? Look at other sites? (Any recommendations?) Or hang on a few weeks/months? The show is in July.

I've never gotten good seats on the sale date, and only once through a pre-sale (PM, you get a password which lets you buy tickets before the on-sale, but usually they aren't that great either). Whenever I've gotten good tickets, it's either been through last-minute luck or a broker - and this is even when I've been sitting at the computer and hitting 'Search' the INSTANT they go on sale.

Brooke
01-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm with Soda on this. I've never gotten anything very good early either. I'd wait for them to release better tickets closer to the date. Just keep checking when the date gets close.

Troubadour
01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Okay - I will try to wait a little while... Any idea on whether the official JT site might offer something better than Ticketmaster?

Annabel
01-26-2011, 02:33 PM
After buying our Take That tickets, ticketmaster changed the site so that you can now chose your seat. :brickwall: Doesn't help me but it might help you Troubadour :laugh:

sodascouts
01-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Okay - I will try to wait a little while... Any idea on whether the official JT site might offer something better than Ticketmaster?

Perhaps if there's a fanclub, but that usually takes the form of a pre-sale.

Prettymaid
01-26-2011, 11:30 PM
How do you find a presale code?

Troubadour
01-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Ticketmaster isn't showing any tickets at the moment. They're on sale, but I'm not being offered anything, whatever options I hit. Just went onto the actual venue site, and all they are coming up with is the upper balcony. It says very limited tickets available. They only went on sale yesterday. Is this normal? I'm trying not to worry, but I'm a bit nervous!

Prettymaid
01-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Have you considered this site Troub?

http://www.getmein.com/tickets/james-taylor-tickets/bournemouth-196128.html?cid=ticketmaster

Troubadour
01-29-2011, 05:22 PM
I have, Cathy, but I'm not sure I can really afford it at the moment... More accurately, my Mum is planning to come (because my grandparents live near the venue, so we can stay with them) and I'm pretty sure she won't want to spend that much on one ticket! Which I can totally understand. If it was just me, I'd probably go for it... But, for two tickets on the flat floor from that site, it would work out as £260. (£40 processing fees!) A bit steep.

Thanks for the link, though - I will keep checking Ticketmaster and the various broker sites every day and keep you updated. I appreciate the help and advice!

Prettymaid
01-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Sometimes those broker prices go down the closer it gets to the show. When I was looking for tickets last year to see JB in Indy I stalked those front row seats for weeks at http://www.vividseats.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Index+Pages&utm_term=vividseats&vkid=14795 and watched them go from $170 to just under $100. Then I snagged them!

Troubadour
01-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Good to know - I'll definitely keep an eye on them then!

Annabel
01-30-2011, 01:36 PM
I tried for tickets at Bournemouth for me and DH via Ticketmaster and See Tickets and neither site would let me have any. :( On See tickets they are the only venue where tickets aren't available. :eyebrow: I'm now wondering if they are sold out. ???? Bournemouth is only 3/4 of an hour drive away. Don't fancy going to London O2 ..... again. :rolleyes:

Troubadour
02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Annabel - if we both manage to get tickets for Bournemouth and you're up for it, we could meet up at the show!

Anyway, to take my mind off the fact that I CAN'T FIND ANY FRIGGIN' TICKETS at the moment... A couple of young JT videos. At his most gorgeous. :inlove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7RPCFfudmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmgkvIgc0w

I had the above BBC concert recorded, but lost it when we had to replace our Sky box. I don't think I can buy it... anyone know otherwise?

Prettymaid
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Sorry Troub, can't help you out there.

I just mentioned this song the other day in the Country Covers thread. I didn't know JT did this - and grammy nominated too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JoXKpHKgUg

BTW, Carolina In My Mind is one of my all time favorites of his.

Annabel
02-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Troub I've had no joy :brickwall:and I didn't win when Wave 105 had some to give away :eyebrow: on the golden hour on Monday. :sad:

tequila girl
02-02-2011, 05:38 AM
... A couple of young JT videos. At his most gorgeous. :inlove:

I agree Troub and at this time he was plastered all over my bedroom wall! :nahnah:

Pm Wichita Lineman was probably the song in the late 60's that got me to liking Glen Campbell.......I didn't know JT had done it either...Lovely version! :thumbsup:

Annabel
02-02-2011, 06:14 AM
I can remember watching the Glen Campbell show here in the UK as a child. Got me started on COuntry music then. Used to like his banjo player Carl too. :nahnah: Wichita Lineman is one of my absolute fave songs and James Taylor's version is brilliant. :thumbsup:

Annabel
02-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I can't stop playing it now. :laugh: (I rather like the REM version of that song too)

Troubadour
02-02-2011, 09:42 AM
That is a gorgeous version of a great song. The lines "and I need you more than want you, and I want you for all-time" make me melt. I used to listen to Glen Campbell's version a lot when I was travelling in the car with my grandparents, and I always thought it was so romantic, even as a kid.

Annabel
02-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Troubadour, have you seen there is a new James Taylor album out. :shrug: I got an itunes alert today. Album released on Feb 1st 2011 it says and is a bargain at £4.49 at itunes store. Not the same as a ticket though. :brickwall:

Troubadour
02-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Hmm, I haven't heard about it, Melanie... What is the name of it?

I watched (and recorded) a James Taylor special the other night, on Vintage TV. It was great. I love how he smiles a lot while he's singing and really looks around at the audience members. :smitten:

NOW WHERE ARE THOSE FRONT ROW TICKETS, DAMMIT?!

Annabel
02-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Troub, It's called, James Taylor - Singer, Songwriter, Legend

Prettymaid
02-09-2011, 08:25 AM
NOW WHERE ARE THOSE FRONT ROW TICKETS, DAMMIT?!

Hope you get them Lou!

02-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Yep Lou - I'm sure you'll get really good seats if you 'keep on tryin'!

sodascouts
02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
He's coming to Memphis at the end of the month - been sold out for a couple weeks at least. He needs to play bigger venues!

Troubadour
02-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Okay. I am still having no luck on Ticketmaster, and the BIC (venue) site is only offering me Upper Balcony, which I don't want. The best available on broker sites is Row F, Block C (right in front of the stage, in the stalls.) After that, there's not much on offer. They did have Row D, but that has now disappeared. The only reason I didn't buy Row D is because they were only selling them as a single ticket, or three tickets together.

So, I don't know what to do. I am trying to play the waiting game, but the BIC isn't a huge venue, and it seems that they're selling fast. Now that the Row D tickets have gone, I'm a little worried. What if the Row F ones go, and I'm left with nothing? Obviously I'd love to be front row, but row six is good, right?

What would you do?

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh Lou, I feel your pain! I'm leaning toward advising you to grab the row six tix, but of course I'd feel terrible if you listened to my advice and then found you could have gotten better seats. Go with your gut!

Troubadour
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks, Cathy. I have just bought the Row F tickets from Get Me In. My instinct was to grab them - although I know more may become available. I have been checking everywhere for the past few weeks and they seem to be selling out fast. As long as my tickets are what they say they are (they'd better be!), I am happy. I just couldn't risk not getting a seat at all, or only being left with the Upper Balcony.

So, on the 14th of July, I am off to see James Taylor. I can't wait! :yay: :inlove:

Troubadour
02-21-2011, 12:36 PM
I have just received my order confirmation (Block C, Row F) and I called the BIC to make sure that Row F is 6 rows from the front - I know some venues are numbered funny. It is! I feel relaxed now and happy with my decision. :)

tequila girl
02-21-2011, 12:39 PM
That's Great Lou!!! :thumbsup: :partytime: :partytime:

Annabel
02-21-2011, 12:44 PM
:yay: well done Troub. Happy for you.

Gave up trying to get tickets 'cos I couldn't get anything :sad: and now that I might be going to the Hops Farm fest I will have to 'knock it on the head' for sure. Already have Take That with DD1 in July so don't think DH would be impressed if I went to a 3rd concert in one month. :hilarious:

They could have spread themselves out more. :rolleyes:

Prettymaid
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM
I have just received my order confirmation (Block C, Row F) and I called the BIC to make sure that Row F is 6 rows from the front - I know some venues are numbered funny. It is! I feel relaxed now and happy with my decision. :)

I think that six rows back is sufficient enough to see the awesomeness of JT. In fact, if you ask me it's pretty damn good! Just think, you're going to get to hear all of those classics "up close and personal", not to mention his wit and humor. Now you have the luxury of not having to worry about watching for tickets anymore. Just sit back and wait!

02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Well done, Lou. I know you'll have a blast!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

sodascouts
02-21-2011, 08:54 PM
If you're happy, then that's what counts! I know you'll have a blast!

Troubadour
02-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Just think, you're going to get to hear all of those classics "up close and personal", not to mention his wit and humor.

:faint: I get a rush of excitement every time I think about it.

GlennLover
02-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Good for you, Troub! Enjoy the show!

Freypower
03-03-2011, 09:32 PM
James was honoured by President Obama with the National Medal for the Arts & Humanities.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====486724

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/02/2094467/singer-james-taylor-is-among-20.html

Brooke
03-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Good for him! :applause:

Troubadour
03-04-2011, 06:54 PM
So cool. Congrats to James! Meeting the President on two hours sleep must be a little nerve-wracking!

On another note, one of my FB friends is going to see JT tomorrow night in concert... from the front row. Jealous!

Troubadour
03-05-2011, 02:06 PM
A couple of photos from my friend's concert last night...

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189138_10150104047135835_714560834_6384824_2447758 _n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/188806_10150104042020835_714560834_6384801_7078752 _n.jpg

Love him in the cap and jeans! These pictures have made me even more excited to see him in July. :heart:

Prettymaid
03-05-2011, 03:55 PM
He is one of a kind with his songwriting skills and his distinctive vocals. What a legend! You are so lucky to get to see him!

TimothyBFan
03-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Lou--where was that at? He was here in South Bend Saturday night about 20 minutes away from me. I'm not a fan of his so I didn't bother to try and get tickets but they were talking about it this morning on the news and that it was a sold out crowd.

Here's a link to the article from the local paper. Apparently his son performed with him.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20110307/Ent/110309706/-1/googleNews

Troubadour
03-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Yep, that's the one! My friend lives in Indianapolis. Thanks for posting the link to the article.

Troubadour
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Just saw this on FB...

"Today on day one of a ski vacation, James decided to experiment by traveling down the mountain using just his left fibula & shoulder. He does not recommend this. Doctors fashioned a splint that fits inside his ski boot so he can continue to ski in a more traditional manner. Don't worry--he'll be fine & back on tour on 3/22. Fans may want to avoid using the show business phrase "break a leg" for the time being."

Poor James! A broken fibula. Wonder if he needs any TLC...

The first two sentences made me chuckle, though! Bless him.

sodascouts
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM
LOL! Love it! (And glad he's OK, of course!)

Brooke
03-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Yikes, James! Be careful!

03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Yep - glad to hear sweet baby James is okay. :)

Prettymaid
03-15-2011, 11:57 AM
"He does not recommend this." lol! Speedy recovery James!

Annabel
03-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Poor James.

My DD2 is watching The Simpsons on TV and James Taylor is in it. :grin:

Troubadour
03-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I never, ever get bored of this video. Probably my favourite version of Steamroller. Everything about it is :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfzMLRzH2yw

Prettymaid
03-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Love that old video!

sodascouts
03-21-2011, 12:28 PM
And there's also the impossible-to-miss Waddy Wachtel!

Prettymaid
04-05-2011, 09:53 PM
JT performed with Zac Brown at this year's ACM awards show Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHuuoBBrFlg

Troubadour
04-09-2011, 06:34 PM
OMG... how did I miss this? Thank you so, so much for posting that video, Cathy! I love everything about it. The song is beautiful and Zac Brown has a GREAT voice.

Loving the fact that James was looking at the camera almost constantly. His smile is so gorgeous. :heart:

Roll on July!

Prettymaid
04-12-2011, 08:45 PM
So pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6WRYblmgNE&feature=feedu

tequila girl
04-13-2011, 04:56 AM
I was a Huge JT fan around that time........but that song always makes me feel sad :-( (that's not saying I don't like it though!) :) :thumbsup:

Troubadour
04-13-2011, 02:09 PM
So pretty.

Him or the song? :thud:

Linda Ronstadt also did a fantastic version of that track.

Troubadour
04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
This is my current favourite picture of James (from the Troubadour Reunion Tour last year.) It's in my sig, but I had to post it full size. I'm going to use Dreamer's buzz words... "cute" and "hot"! Love it. :heart:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamestaylortrt.jpg

And this one is sweet. James with the set list!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamessetlist.jpg

Prettymaid
04-13-2011, 05:58 PM
So pretty.

Him or the song? :thud:

I'll tell you what's pretty, your sig banner! :nod:

Troubadour
04-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Aw, thank you! :hug:

Freypower
04-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Here is some information on James' Carnegie Hall show:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/james-taylor-returns-to-carnegie-hall-for-anniversary-show-20110413

(my turn will come some day)...

Troubadour
05-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the link, FP!

I glanced at the date today and realised it's exactly two months until I see this man...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamestaylortrt.jpg

Aaaaaahhhhhhh. I can't wait! :heart:

05-14-2011, 12:54 PM
It'll be here before you know it, Lou and will be well worth the wait, I'm sure! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
06-13-2011, 02:59 PM
My James tickets arrived today! One month to go... :yay:

Troubadour
06-17-2011, 08:41 PM
An article in The Telegraph (UK) in anticipation of JT's upcoming British tour...

Tales Of A Troubled Troubadour (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/8564289/James-Taylor-tales-of-a-troubled-troubadour.html)

I particularly like Danny Kortchmar's description of James: "An interesting bunch of guys."

WalshFan88
06-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Wow - I happened to be looking for a thread on this artist and whaddya know - there already is one!

I just heard my first James Taylor song. "Fire and Rain" came on over Pandora Radio while listening to the Eagles channel.... Excellent song and it actually gave me goosebumps. He's a terrific acoustic guitarist. I had never heard his songs before. I'm now a James Taylor fan! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Wow - I happened to be looking for a thread on this artist and whaddya know - there already is one!

I just heard my first James Taylor song. "Fire and Rain" came on over Pandora Radio while listening to the Eagles channel.... Excellent song and it actually gave me goosebumps. He's a terrific acoustic guitarist. I had never heard his songs before. I'm now a James Taylor fan! :hilarious:

WF, are you kidding me!!!! You had never heard JT's songs before now???:hilarious: Well, welcome to earth! JT is a great singer/songwriter - up there with the best of them!

Lou, I'm starting to get excited for you! Not long before you'll be seeing him!

WalshFan88
06-20-2011, 08:24 AM
WF, are you kidding me!!!! You had never heard JT's songs before now???:hilarious: Well, welcome to earth! JT is a great singer/songwriter - up there with the best of them!

I hadn't! I of course know all about Jackson Browne, JD Souther, etc but I had never heard a James Taylor song before now. :hilarious:

tequila girl
06-20-2011, 08:35 AM
:)
I hadn't! I of course know all about Jackson Browne, JD Souther, etc but I had never heard a James Taylor song before now. :hilarious:
Wow, I find that really hard to believe as well :shock: i'm not saying I don't believe you Austin........just, how did you manage to go 22 years without hearing a JT song? :hilarious:

You'd best get out there and start listening there's tons of great songs! :) :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
06-20-2011, 08:42 AM
:)
Wow, I find that really hard to believe as well :shock: i'm not saying I don't believe you Austin........just, how did you manage to go 22 years without hearing a JT song? :hilarious:

You'd best get out there and start listening there's tons of great songs! :) :thumbsup:

:hilarious: I know it's hard to believe isn't it?! But it's true. I have been listening to most of his others and I can honestly say they are great songs but I have never heard them before!

TimothyBFan
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM

How in the heck did you get this far liking music and not ever hearing James Taylor? You did know who he was tho right? :headscratch: Well....http://bestsmileys.com/signs5/18.gif

And I am actually listening to his ex-wife right now... an artist by the name of Carly Simon? Have you heard of her? :hilarious:

WalshFan88
06-20-2011, 10:41 AM
How in the heck did you get this far liking music and not ever hearing James Taylor? You did know who he was tho right? :headscratch: Well....http://bestsmileys.com/signs5/18.gif

And I am actually listening to his ex-wife right now... an artist by the name of Carly Simon? Have you heard of her? :hilarious:

LOL! :hilarious:

Yes I have heard of Carly Simon... I used to have to play her song "You're So Vain" during acoustic jams or gigs and someone would come up and sing it and I'd play it.

To be honest I had heard the name James Taylor but I didn't know anything about him or had listen to his music. But I had heard that name before! :rofl:

sodascouts
06-20-2011, 01:04 PM
I understand, Austin. A lot of times I've been clueless about classic artists, only to discover that I have heard their music and just didn't realize it was them.

I once told a friend I couldn't name three James Taylor songs. In fact, the only one I could name was "Fire and Rain." Like folks here, she expressed astonishment. So, I made a bet with her that if I did a survey of college age students, only one out of ten would be able to name three James Taylor songs. It was an informal thing where I just asked passerby students at Purdue. I was right on the nose - 3 out of 25 (I got bored and didn't ask any one else).

Funny story about that - one of the guys who was able to name three asked me if I was from a radio station and if he was going to get a prize! I had to tell him no. lol

Anyway, later, I looked up his catalog and it turned out I had heard more of his songs without realizing it was him.

For instance, I'd heard these on some soft rock stations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm2EkEURRqg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tydSHv9ak8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bEVCLxLyVU&feature=fvst

Annabel
06-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh Austin. :doh: :brickwall: At least you have found him out now. :hilarious: :hilarious:

WalshFan88
06-20-2011, 03:28 PM
LOL you guys act like I should have heard his songs before! :D

This is a great version of Fire and Rain (which so far is my fav JT song):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T35WXFOmwI

Freypower
06-20-2011, 05:46 PM
If you want to hear how good James can sound with someone else I suggest this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrLdKYRBOEE

The song is extraodinary. Unfortunately there appears to be no footage of them singing it together, just the audio.

Troubadour
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the club, Austin!

While we're on the subject of duets, this is a great song. I love JT's look to camera at the beginning.

Her Town Too
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEXWECGhVoA)

Troubadour
06-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Lou, I'm starting to get excited for you! Not long before you'll be seeing him!

Thanks, Cathy - I know! About three weeks! I'm so glad I have received my tickets... now I can kick back, relax, and enjoy the anticipation. I know I will be even more in love with him after I see him live. I can't wait.

UK TimFan
06-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the club, Austin!

While we're on the subject of duets, this is a great song. I love JT's look to camera at the beginning.

Her Town Too
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEXWECGhVoA)
Hadn't seen that one before, Troub.
The song is very familiar to me as it's on 'Classic songs' which for about ten years was almost the only tape I played in my car. (Highly recommended listening when you're stuck in a traffic jam on the M25 as James' voice is so relaxing. :) )

This is isn't on that album but is one of my JT favourite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFvGq-52I8I&feature=related

tequila girl
06-21-2011, 05:25 AM
My favourite era for JT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VtFUG0irTQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Troubadour
06-21-2011, 07:01 AM
UKTF, that is a lovely song. Thanks for posting!

Carole, great video. James certainly was gorgeous in 1971! :inlove:

Brooke
06-21-2011, 03:22 PM
tg, that was a wonderful video of JT. He was quite gorgeous back then! :smitten:

Loved the Neil Young vid, too! My favorite NY song!

tequila girl
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
tg, that was a wonderful video of JT. He was quite gorgeous back then! :smitten:

He sure was - he had pride of place on my bedroom wall! :) :hilarious:

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Two weeks to go! :yay:

Let's have a few videos to help get me in the mood, shall we? I've been listening to these songs a lot lately.

I love Copperline. The lyrics and melody are so romantic. James sings it beautifully here on Jools Holland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzCy8yqisQI

This is a great song, and I love his little intro comment. Heck, I love this whole concert! Not amazing quality, but worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzPf101tKY&feature=related

Another awesome song. Love seeing him perform like this! Please let sixth row be close enough to get a smile... :pray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naUdueljRas

So excited!

Prettymaid
06-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Troub, I apologize for not freshening this thread up for you. Tomorrow...:nod:

Troubadour
06-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Oooh! I'm looking forward to it! :smitten:

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Here's a new short video about JT's back up singers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N5AAbSf0fs

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 12:13 PM
This is the 9th of 9 parts. I know you like the behind the scenes stuff Lou.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDCK1UPTay0

Secret of Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHWHPPHpAj8&feature=related

Prettymaid
06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
A little eye candy...

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/James%20Taylor/jamestaylor.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/James%20Taylor/James20Taylor-9.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/James%20Taylor/jt.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/James%20Taylor/JamesTaylor-062510-0005.jpg

Troubadour
06-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks so much, Cathy! I love all of the pics, and the videos are great. I adore the lyrics to Secret of Life and, you're right, I dig all of the backstage stuff. I was actually watching a couple of those Carnegie Hall segments last night. I really love listening to him talk about singing and playing guitar in these clips. (I played the 'cello for a little while in school, too. But it was only because the last guitar lesson place had been taken by another student!) :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLHbvRbe3Js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nPHDI5Kbk

EasyFeeling
06-30-2011, 02:39 PM
I must admit I'm jealous, Troub LOL Would love to see him but he's not coming to Germany I guess.

Ok, have ALOT of other concerts this year. Went to see Elton John last week, was great. Tomorrow I'll see Saga with Michael Sadler, really looking forward to it. And for free, my brother helps out as a security guy LOL

And from July 12 to 15 I'm on the road to see Toto three times :partytime:With VIP ticket, looking forward to meeting the guys. I already met Luke two times, happy to see him again. But I can't wait to meet David Paich, Simon Phillips and Steve Porcaro finally. And they have Human Nature on the setlist which was written by Steve and originally played by all the Toto guys.

Looking forward to your review, Troub :)

Troubadour
07-02-2011, 01:37 PM
That's awesome, EF! I know how much you love Luke and Toto. I know you will have a blast. I really hope JT comes your way soon. This will be my first time seeing him, but I already know he will be incredible.

Troubadour
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
A few of my fave young James pics...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamestaylorstripes-1.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamestaylorstool.jpg

From a tourbook on eBay... yum.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamestaylorhot.jpg

Working on his house in the '70s... :drool: You all know how much I like the rugged look!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamestaylorhammerbig.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamestaylorguitar-1.jpg

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Loopy very nice pics there Lou! only a week or so to his gig in the UK now, yeah? Those should really put you in the mood!

Troubadour
07-03-2011, 11:50 AM
The gig is next Thursday. 11 days to go!

Btw, I'm hoping "loopy" is an iPad typo... :lol:

Glennsallnighter
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Assess it is indeed Lou! That if course should read 'lovely'. The iPad has an irritating way of finishing off your words or substituting alternatives if there IS a typo. Teething problems I guess.

Troubadour
07-03-2011, 05:48 PM
Assess it is indeed Lou!

Okay, your iPad is officially cracking me up! I love it.

Glennsallnighter
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Glad you do Lou! The writing is very small. Give me my laptop back anyday!

EaglesFanatic
07-03-2011, 06:26 PM

Nice! Will this be your first time seeing him live?

Troubadour
07-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Yep - I'm a JT virgin! I can't believe I'm going to see and hear him so soon. So excited. :heart:

Annabel
07-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Assess it is indeed Lou! That if course should read 'lovely'. The iPad has an irritating way of finishing off your words or substituting alternatives if there IS a typo. Teething problems I guess.

:hilarious: I have the same trouble when I use my Android mobile phone. Sent a text to DD1 today calling her 'dopey'and it changed it for 'sports'. :brickwall: I have to check my text before sending or posting on FB or forums lol.

Annabel
07-06-2011, 03:38 AM

Not long now then Lou. :thumbsup:

Troubadour
07-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Exactly one week to go! This time next Thursday, James will be right in front of me.

This performance is so beautiful...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMUIhQCm10

UK TimFan
07-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Tomorrow as I write and actually Friday 8 July, BBC4 (tv) is showing at 9pm a programme called 'Troubadours: the rise of the singer/songwriter'.
It's a
documentary exploring the popularity of singer/songwriters in LA during the 1970s.
Carole King and James Taylor recall the beginnings of their artistic partnership at the Troubabour club in West Hollywood, with contributions from Elton John, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Kris Kristofferson, David Crosby, Roger McGuinn, Cheech and CHong, Steve Martin, JD Souther, and Peter Asher.
(Details from Radio Times magazine. Can't find an online link which quotes these details.)

That programme runs from 9pm - 10.25, and is immediately followed by 'Carole King and James Taylor: Live at the Troubadour', a concert recorded in 2007. (And which I think has been shown before.)

And following that, there's a repeat of 'Hotel California: from the Byrds to the Eagles'.

The 'Troubadours' programme is repeated at 1.50am Saturday morning, and the Carole King/James Taylor concert is repeated at 3.15am.

Troubadour
07-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Thank you so much for alerting us to that! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night... :inlove:

07-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Yep - It's an interesting and entertaining documentary. Anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely try to watch it if they get a chance.

Annabel
07-08-2011, 06:10 AM
Tomorrow as I write and actually Friday 8 July, BBC4 (tv) is showing at 9pm a programme called 'Troubadours: the rise of the singer/songwriter'.
It's a
Carole King and James Taylor recall the beginnings of their artistic partnership at the Troubabour club in West Hollywood, with contributions from Elton John, Bonnie Raitt, Jackson Browne, Kris Kristofferson, David Crosby, Roger McGuinn, Cheech and CHong, Steve Martin, JD Souther, and Peter Asher.
(Details from Radio Times magazine. Can't find an online link which quotes these details.)

That programme runs from 9pm - 10.25, and is immediately followed by 'Carole King and James Taylor: Live at the Troubadour', a concert recorded in 2007. (And which I think has been shown before.)

And following that, there's a repeat of 'Hotel California: from the Byrds to the Eagles'.

The 'Troubadours' programme is repeated at 1.50am Saturday morning, and the Carole King/James Taylor concert is repeated at 3.15am.

I can watch all that again. :hilarious: Thanks :thumbsup:

Troubadour
07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Just noticed that there's also a programme on after the Hotel California documentary called "California Comes To The Whistle Test" and it features performances by people like Jackson Browne, Little Feat and Bonnie Raitt. I am so ready for all of this!

Troubadour
07-08-2011, 06:00 PM
God, I love the Troubadours documentary. So much good stuff in it, it's hard to know where to start. It makes me even more excited to see James next week!

And, I must say, although I'm probably in the minority... Mr. Kortchmar couldn't be sexier if he tried.

Glennsallnighter
07-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Awww, you're not in the minority Lou! He did indeed look sexy from the caps you sent me anyway! Anyway...... Isn't variety the spice of life? We'll take any sexy guy we can here!

Troubadour
07-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Two days to go!

His comment before the song is so sweet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9OSwc1przU

UK TimFan
07-13-2011, 05:44 PM
Twenty-four hours from now Lou will no longer be a JT virgin. :)

However, twenty-four hours from now Lou is likely to be a gibbering wreck. :hilarious:

Though she might already be a gibbering wreck anyway with anticipation. :hilarious:

Troubadour
07-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Yes on all three counts! I am so excited - and kinda nervous all at once. I got my gig outfit sorted tonight. I'm heading down to my grandparents' early tomorrow afternoon. (They live near Bournemouth. Very handy!) I'll spend some time with them and have dinner there, then head to the venue for about 6.30pm to have a drink before the show starts at 7.30.

I am just hoping that my seats are good. I mean, I know they're going to be okay, because they're sixth row and in the block in front of the stage, but I'm hoping for center aisle rather than way off to the left! ;) Either way, I'm sure it will be great. It's not a huge venue.

I just can't wait to see and hear him for the first time. :inlove: I'm going to borrow my grandparents' camera for the show because there's something wrong with mine. Really hoping I'll get some good pics.

07-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Have a safe trip, Lou. Can't wait 'til you get back and tell us all about it!

sodascouts
07-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Have fun! I know you will!

Henley Honey
07-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Have a great time!!

Koala
07-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Have fun, can't wait to hear all about the concert!:)

tequila girl
07-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Have a brilliant time Lou - and say 'Hi' to James for me! :)

TimothyBFan
07-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Thought about this when I woke up this morning and figured you were close to being on your way out!! Have fun and hurry back with the details!!

WalshFan88
07-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Have a great time!!! :partytime:

Troubadour
07-14-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys! I'm in Bournemouth now. Going to have some dinner in about 45 minutes and then head to the venue after. It's a beautiful, hot day here... I wonder if James is having a wander along the beach? (The venue is right by the sea.) Nice thought!

I'll update ASAP. So excited...

Brooke
07-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Have fun Troub! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Troubadour
07-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Okay. It's 1am here and I've just got back to my grandparents' place. I will write up a proper review and talk more about the songs tomorrow, but I just had to share this (some of you may have already seen mentions of it on FB!)

I MET JAMES!

He sat on the edge of the stage during the interval, for the entire twenty minutes, signing things for anyone who wanted them signing. I only had my ticket with me, but that was good enough! When it got to my turn, he looked right down at me and said hi, and took the ticket to sign. He asked my name and I said how much I was enjoying the show. I think I said "you're wonderful" but that bit is all a little bit of a blur to be honest! He said thank you, and then he handed me the ticket and I said "Can I shake your hand?" Before I knew it, he took my hand and held it TIGHT, I mean a proper sort of meaningful grip, and laid his left hand on top, so mine was totally encased in his. He looked deep into my eyes for three or four seconds. I am not exaggerating when I say it was INTENSE! It was like he was looking right into my soul. Honestly. I don't think I have ever experienced anything like it.

Then we both sort of said thank you and I reluctantly started to turn my head to look for an exit route. There was quite a crowd behind me. Because he was sitting on the edge of the stage and I was getting pushed forwards by others, my chest was practically pressed against his knee. A middle-aged guy behind me said "Do you want to get past, love?" I kind of looked back at my predicament with James, and said "To be honest, I could stay here all day..." Thankfully, everyone around me laughed, and James looked down at me again. He was signing something else for someone but he looked right into my eyes again, smiling, winked at me and said knowingly "It was good to meet you..."

I am floating on air just thinking about it! The whole concert was incredible (I promise I will devote time to the details and the music tomorrow!) but honestly... the way he held my hand and looked into my eyes will stay with me forever.

He then invited everyone down to the stage for the encore and I was right at the front, at his feet. I got quite a bit of attention during those songs (How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You and You've Got A Friend.) So, so incredible...

I am a little bit in love. What an amazing guy. Pictures to follow...

Brooke
07-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Troub, that is just fantastic! Congrats! :partytime:

Freypower
07-14-2011, 09:28 PM
That is brilliant, Lou. I am so happy for you.

sodascouts
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
How fabulous!!!

ticky
07-14-2011, 11:33 PM
AHH!! How exciting!! Im so happy for you!! He sounds amazing! Lucky LUCKY girl! *G*

EagleLady
07-15-2011, 12:46 AM
:thumbsup: Lou that is Awesome!

Koala
07-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Troub, how cool, I'm happy for you. This is fantastic!

Annabel
07-15-2011, 03:05 AM
:dizzy: Sounds like you had a fab night Lou. :thumbsup:

tequila girl
07-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Wow Lou, that's fabulous - what an amazing memory you will have forever!! :) :) can't wai to hear the rest..

Glennsallnighter
07-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Lou texted me shortly after this and she was indeed that 'gibbering wreck' referred to earlier.

All I can say is Fantastic Lou! Well done, and I'm sure James was just as impressed to have such a loyal fan as you giving HIM s bit of attention. He sounds like a wonderful guy, and I'm delighted you had such a brilliant night and experience. But all I can say is YOU deserved it! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
07-15-2011, 08:26 AM
How freakin' awesome is that?!?!? I'm am overjoyed for you!!! Can't wait to see the pics and the review.

BTW---had I been at his feet when he sang You've Got A Friend, I would have broken into tears. That was one of the songs my hubby had played at our wedding for me and means bunches to me.

Troubadour
07-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Thank you all - I still can't believe that it actually happened. I am pretty tired today, and I think I have more than a touch of PJW, but I have a couple of hours before work, so I'll write-up what else I can remember from last night!

The night was brilliant from the very beginning. I knew I was in the sixth row, but I didn't know where. When I got there, I was amazed to find that my seat was right on the end, in the center aisle! It was literally the seat I'd dreamed of. It couldn't have been better! My seat was actually slightly further into the aisle than some of the others, so I had a clear view of the stage and James in particular. I took this photo with my phone when I first got to my seat, so you can see the view I had. (That guy on stage is not James. ;))

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/284102_509695136926_222500151_275293_6676399_n.jpg

The show started about five or ten minutes after 7:30. The lights went down, the other musicians walked out, and then once they had started playing, James walked out of the door to the left of the stage. He was wearing beige jeans with a pale blue shirt, a pale tartan tie and a dark blazer. As people clapped, he smiled and accepted the applause humbly, and did a cute "old man" sort of walk over to his mic, holding on to the railing at the side of the stage. They started with "Everyday". James said afterwards "That's a Buddy Holly cover, which, coincidentally, we sing every day..."

He then sang "Something In The Way She Moves", which he introduced as the song that got him his first record contract. "I played it to some people in London, including The Beatles. They liked it. In fact, George Harrison liked it so much, he wrote it a few years later." Everyone laughed and he sang it, backed up beautifully by his singers (Andrea Zonn, Kate Markowitz and Arnold McCuller.)

Next was "Walking Man", followed by "Shower The People". He commented afterwards that the latter is: "A cheerful little number. Quite unusual for me." His voice sounded incredible. Strong, soulful and just absolutely flawless. I was listening to his Greatest Hits earlier today and all I could think was "His voice hasn't changed in all these years." It has such a rich tone, and it is a complete joy to listen to.

He then said that he was going to sing a song called "Line 'Em Up". "You might think this is a political song, but it's not. The first verse talks about Richard Nixon leaving office and how he stood there and basically said 'Goodbye, I'm not a crook' and then got into his helicopter leaving all this mess behind him... but it's not a political song." Everyone laughed, and James continued to talk about how he was watching Nixon's exit on TV at the time and how he was fascinated by the way it was all staged. How Nixon walked along the line of White House employees ("shaking their hands for probably the first time"). He talked about the fact that Nixon had a sad walk, and then said "It's okay, I have a funky walk, too. I empathise." James realised he was rambling and said "Anyway, we'll get on with it. It's not a long song... in fact, the introduction is much longer than the song. Thank you for being patient."

Next was "My Traveling Star", which was absolutely gorgeous. James said it was about "the conflict between my desire to wander and explore, and the longing to be at home." The backing singers did a great job on this one. Andrea seemed to really feel this one. He then sang "Angry Blues" with a little intro about how he remembers where he was and how he was feeling when he wrote these songs. He said that he had an awful hangover and was trying to make himself feel better. He then commented on another song and said "When I wrote that one, I was lying on a pool table. We were rackin' 'em up... Anyway..." He smiled a little and launched into the song.

"Blossom" was somewhere around here. He described it as "unashamedly flower power". It was lovely (of course, the line in my sig is from Blossom) and I kept picturing the clip of him as a very young man sitting on a stool singing this song. I couldn't believe I was seeing that guy. He still sounds as beautiful as he did back then.

He spoke for a few minutes between each song and totally charmed the audience. He told mostly funny stories, but he referenced his past quite a bit and spoke briefly of a few of the darker moments in his life. I can't remember which song he was talking about here, but he said that he was in New York and his band, The Flying Machine, had broken up. "I got up the courage to call my Dad and I said 'Dad, I'm not doing so good.' He said 'Don't move, James.' and drove up to see me. He hauled my ass out of there. Kind of like Escape From New York."

He also mentioned his tie at one stage. He said it was given to him by someone in Scotland who tried to persuade him that it was his family tartan. He said "I'm sure there's a tartan for everybody." He then said that he wanted to wear it in Dublin the other night, but he asked the promoter "Will it offend anyone if I wear this Scottish tie tonight?" The promoter looked at him, shook his head and said "I wouldn't wear it." (James did his best Louis Walsh-style Irish accent for that part, and it was pretty cute!)

He then sang "Carolina In My Mind", "Up On The Roof" and "Country Road". The latter was the last song before the interval. (Little did I know then what was soon going to happen during the break!) Before "Country Road" he said "We're going to have a short intermission after this song. Or so it says here..." He held up a little chalkboard with the set list written on it. Everyone laughed as he frowned and ran his finger down it. He shrugged and said: "I don't know why we're having an intermission, to be honest... I don't have plans. I mean, you guys can feel free to do whatever you want, talk amongst yourselves... I'll probably just go through there (pointing to the backstage door) and stand the other side of that wall for twenty minutes and wait to come back on." It was SO cute! Everyone was laughing and he smiled and put the set list down. A guy yelled "Hold it up!" James realised what he said like three seconds later and said "Oh! Hold it up?" He picked the board up again and held it up to show the audience. He said "Got it? Good..." And then put it down again. He sang "Country Road" and then the lights went up for the interval. People started to make their way to the bathroom and the bar, but he sort of hung around and a few people with albums went down to the front. James went down to shake hands with them and sign a few things. A few more people went over and he sat down on the edge of the stage. I couldn't believe it! I went over, despite not having anything to sign, with my camera. I saw a few people handing him tickets to sign and so I took mine out of my bag. He had a black Sharpie that he was using for everyone (which was good, because I didn't have a pen!) A woman in front of me was telling him how her eight-year-old daughter loves his music. He smiled and said "Eight's a great age." Then he signed a few more things and shook the hands that were thrust his way. People were very quiet and respectful, but we were getting shoved a bit from behind so it was a bit squashed. A sad moment came when a guy from a few feet to the left passed James something and said "Could you write 'To Francis'?" and then explained that his brother had died last week. He said he was schizophrenic. I got the sense that it was suicide. It made me sad and I could see in James's face that he was pained by it. He obliged the guy and said "Oh man... I'm so sorry about your brother." I guess a lot of people feel like they can relate to James because of his history of depression and addiction and his openness about it in his songs. He must hear a lot of stories like that... I wonder how hard it is for him to deal with it? I mean, he was very quiet and respectful and happy to sign anything, but it must be very difficult when people tell you deeply personal, heart-wrenching stuff, and look at you as a kind of guide or mentor. He dealt with it very well, though, given the fact that there was a crowd, and I think it gave the guy a bit of comfort. I hope it did.

At every moment, I was thinking "He's going to get up and go before I get my turn..." But then, my turn came. He looked right into my face... and the rest is described in my previous post! I just can't believe it happened. I'm glad I got my ticket signed but, honestly, the memory of how tight he held my hand and the way he looked at me is more precious than anything. I will remember it forever. I have never met anybody so sincere and intense in my life! I know it sounds clichéd, but I felt like he could see right into me. I can't adequately describe how I felt. I just feel so honoured and so LUCKY that he would not just shake my hand but make me feel like the only person on earth for those few seconds.

After everything that happened in the interval, I went out to the bar. (I needed a drink!) When I returned, he was still sitting there, signing things. I was amazed. He sat there for the entire twenty minutes and nobody left disappointed. No security, no nothing. I can't think of many artists who would do that. Especially artists of his fame and calibre. He had removed his jacket and tie by this point, and he had a grey flat cap on, which looked great.

In the second half you could really feel the respect for him from the audience. A few people yelled out "Thank you, James!"

He sang a Leadbelly song, Western Plain (When I Was A Cowboy), Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight, Sweet Baby James, Mexico and Shed A Little Light. Shed A Little Light is one of my current favourites, and he and his backing singers stood in a line singing. It was very gospel-y and absolutely gorgeous. James took his hat off for this one, stood up straight and held it in front of him, which I thought was very sweet. He did the usual intro to Sweet Baby James about writing a cowboy lullaby for his nephew. He also sang Copperline, which is one of my favourites. It was beautiful and so romantic, and I felt a bit teary during it!

He then said "We're going to play our most requested song." A woman yelled something which I didn't catch, but it was obviously an obscure song of his, because he laughed, turned to his backing singers who were also laughing and said "Darn it! We just took that one off the set list last night!" Steamroller was great. Funky and funny, and it was a good excuse for everyone to get a bit fired up for the finale.

Someone then called out "Fire And Rain" and he said "That's a good idea." Of course, it was beautiful, and you could tell that the audience were just wrapped up in the music and their own emotions. The band then went off briefly and returned for the encore. He invited everyone down to the front for the last two songs - I managed to get literally RIGHT at the front, just to James's right, by his feet. I was looking right up at him. I could even see a small part of the seam on the outside thigh of his jeans that was frayed. ;) I was ridiculously close and I took it all in, knowing that I'll probably never get that near to him again! He sang "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" and "You've Got A Friend" for the encore and everyone sang along and danced. I got a bit of attention during those two songs, which was great. He was really cute, lively and soulful during How Sweet It Is, too.

The whole thing was just absolutely amazing. He was so humble, warm, humorous and appreciative of everything - I have SO much respect for him, especially after last night. I am also still in disbelief over my brief but incredible meeting with him. I remember texting GA in the lead up to the concert, saying "If I just get a glance from JT, I'll die!" Never in my wildest dreams did I think he would hold my hand like that and look right into my eyes. He has literally made my life.

:inlove:

Photos coming now...

Troubadour
07-15-2011, 02:45 PM
James signing stuff in the interval.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/003.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/005.jpg

As I was making my way to the front. Being tall REALLY helps sometimes! I ended up just by his right thigh when he was actually signing my ticket/holding my hand...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/004.jpg

Troubadour
07-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Kate Markowitz on the left and Andrea Zonn on the right.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/007.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/008.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/009.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/011.jpg

Henley Honey
07-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm so glad you had such a fabulous, memorable evening. Sometimes the anticipation of an event doesn't measure up to the actual experience, but it sounds like your night surpassed your wildest expectations by a mile!!
Gonna go play my fav JT cd right now.

Troubadour
07-15-2011, 02:49 PM
When I was at the front for the encore. SIGH.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/013.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/014.jpg

I love this one...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/015.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/016.jpg

Troubadour
07-15-2011, 02:51 PM
The backing singers.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/019.jpg

Love this one, too.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/018.jpg

Mike Landau in the blue shirt. GREAT guitarist.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/020.jpg

James shaking a few hands at the very end...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/017.jpg

Troubadour
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/021.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/022.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/023.jpg

:heart: What a night!

Glennsallnighter
07-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Wow Lou! That is an amazing review of an amazing gig. How you have managed to remember so much detail is amazing. I can see what true fan of James you are. Your pictures too are wonderful! So clear!
What a guy he is too! imagine having such a wondful rapport with his audience that he was prepared to spend the interval meeting them!

I'm sure you will NEVER forget last night Lou! But I'm delighted for you that it happened.

07-15-2011, 06:07 PM
WOW! What else can I say that hasn't already been said!!! As others have mrntioned Lou - I am delighted for you and I know this will rank up there as a concert highlight for you for as long as you live!!!

Freypower
07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
That's one of the most amazing things I've read on this board with some fantastic photos. What an experience for you. How sweet it is, indeed.

luvthelighthouse
07-15-2011, 08:16 PM
I am in awe of your review. It sounds like a wonderful and memorable experience! I'm happy you had an amazing time!!!

Troubadour
07-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Thank you all so much! I'm thrilled you think the pictures are good. I don't know what I'd do without you guys to share this stuff with. Reading back over all of the details and reading your comments helps to keep the experience alive.

Julie, your post made me tear up a little. Thank you.

Believe me, I know how lucky I was. Someone was definitely smiling some sunshine down my way yesterday! To have that connection with him, even for a few seconds, was mindblowing. The strength in his grip and his gaze gave me tingles. I am thinking about writing to him to say thank you.

Koala
07-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, I have loved to read it! I'm so glad you had a fantastic unforgettable evening!
Your photos are amazing!

WalshFan88
07-16-2011, 02:45 AM
VERY cool Troub!!!

Peekaboo
07-16-2011, 04:56 AM
Oh, Lou, I'm so incredibly happy for you. I know just going to this concert meant a lot to you but to actually get to meet him is so amazing. These are most definitely some wonderful memories to last a lifetime.

Fantastic photos!!! Love 'em!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-16-2011, 09:18 PM
That was incredible! Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us, Lou - you're so detailed that it's almost like we're experiencing it with you! And what a great experience it is!

Troubadour
07-17-2011, 03:14 AM
I was just re-reading my review (trying desperately to hang onto the experience for as long as possible!) and I realised I got something wrong. The song he referred to as ''a cheerful little number'' was Your Smiling Face. He did sing Shower The People later on, though. Your Smiling Face was really cute and upbeat - it's actually the song I've had stuck in my head since the concert.

Troubadour
07-17-2011, 12:32 PM
Last picture (sadly!)... This is my signed ticket.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/jamessignedticket.png

TimothyBFan
07-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Awww- Lou---I am just so thrilled for you!!! You will relive this night often I'm sure. Love your pictures and review. Thanks so much for sharing it all with us.

Brooke
07-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Lou, what a fantastic night with James! Your evening just sounds awesome! What a sweetheart he must be to be so nice to his fans and for you to get to talk to him, shake his hand and get an autograph.......unbelievable! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks for sharing it all with us! And your pictures are fabulous!

Troubadour
07-19-2011, 04:39 PM
OMG... I cannot BELIEVE I have neglected to mention this before now! I just glanced at the Hearing Eagles or Solo Songs Unexpectedly thread and it hit me...

Guess what song was playing in the auditorium (remember, it was the interval) while I met James?

THE HEART OF THE MATTER!

How frickin' perfect was that? I remember registering it at the time and thinking "this is too much for one girl to take!" Can't believe I've only just thought about it again!

:thud:

TimothyBFan
07-19-2011, 05:01 PM
WOW---Perfect!!! The fact that you are just now remembering tells me how much of an impression James made on you if he was able to make you forget that HOTM was playing in the background!!! Way to go James!! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes, he may have had a slight effect on me... :thud:

sodascouts
07-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Ah, the stars were really aligning that night!

EaglesKiwi
07-22-2011, 06:31 AM
Sounds like a great night, Troub, and how cool that even the incidentals - like the song playing in the interval - were just right for you! :)

Troubadour
07-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Ah, the stars were really aligning that night!

They were! I love that phrase.

Here's James at Oprah's outdoor gig in Chicago to celebrate 24 years of the show. He's so adorable in this performance. :inlove: I think I am suffering with JT withdrawal. Can't believe it's been well over a week already since the concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCU3gb7G9S4

Troubadour
08-08-2011, 08:09 AM
I need a James fix! :sigh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXxJHk3vWvo&feature=related

Prettymaid
08-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Lou, I never properly replied to your review here.

Seldom is it that someone gives us the feeling you described when James held your hand, not to mention a music legend. Your review was so detailed I felt as if I were sitting right beside you (wish I had been!). Thanks for posting it here and allowing us to be a part of it. Hope you remember it forever!

Troubadour
08-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks for commenting, Cathy. :hug: I hope I'll always remember it vividly, too... It truly was a magical experience. He took my breath away.

TimothyBFan
08-17-2011, 01:59 PM
Stalking Robert Cray's pictures on Facebook today and found these of him playing with James.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Capture-5.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Capture2.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Capture3.jpg

Prettymaid
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Good job Willie! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
08-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Aw, I love them! Especially the third one. :heart: Thanks, Willie!

Troubadour
10-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I am having some serious JT withdrawal at the moment... I keep reliving the concert and wondering if it all really happened and when I can do it all over again!

In the meantime, this is adorable. "Your Smiling Face" always cheers me up and this is such a cute compilation of clips! :inlove:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ELw2Cp-F3s&feature=related

TimothyBFan
10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Your new signature is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Glennsallnighter
10-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Awwwww it definitely happened Lou :hug:. And I'm sure you'll get the chance to see him in concert again..... then who knows??

Loving your sig AND your av! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks, guys! I'm glad you like the sig as much as I do.

TimothyBFan
10-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Don't know if this has been posted yet but we watched the MusiCares Tribute to Neil Young last night. Amazing stuff from so many artist I know we have threads for here. Thought I'd post the videos. I just ordered the dvd from Amazon.

Not good quality, but only one I can find at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB2vmga1oAc

Prettymaid
10-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Awww, Heart of Gold! Cool!

As far as your JT withdrawal Troub, I have a feeling the next time he comes there you'll be front and center. ;)

Troubadour
11-03-2011, 02:29 PM
I hope so, Cathy! :heart:

Willie, thank you so much for posting that! I'd never seen it before. James looks gorgeous, and Heart of Gold is one of my favourite songs. I'm a huge Neil Young fan and Harvest is such a special album to me (and a lot of people). Love it.

Freypower
11-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I just found this:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/15791-sweet-baby-james-taylor-plays-the-goodie-in-charles-dickens-a-christmas-carol

Prettymaid
11-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Nice find FP. I liked this part

Of working with James, director Eric Hill said, "It's a thrill to direct James Taylor in his theatrical debut. I know that James will bring his inherent charm and gentleness to bear in his portrayal of Bob Cratchit, a good and unpretentious man”.

EaglesFanatic
11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
This was posted on facebook... http://www.whitehouse.gov/live "President Obama Speaks at In Performance at the White House: Country Music" James Taylor just came on stage if anyone is interested in watching.

Troubadour
11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
I got an email alert about A Christmas Carol... very cool!

While I was sitting alone at the Eagles concert, waiting for it to start, both Mexico and Country Road were played. :heart:

Henley Honey
11-23-2011, 07:17 PM
I got an email alert about A Christmas Carol... very cool!

While I was sitting alone at the Eagles concert, waiting for it to start, both Mexico and Country Road were played. :heart:

Did anyone around you "get" it? I would have been like -- OK -- are you hearing what I'm hearing . . . . Is it just me? . . . . . That's freakin JT !

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Heard this bit of trivia this morning -I don't know if I've all the details perfect but the main points are - Taylor Swift was finishing off her 'Speak Now' tour, the one Laura and I caught in Belfast earlier this year. Anyway the last gig was in Madison Square Garden. I'm not sure when but it was pretty recently. Towards the end of the show she was joined on stage by He best Friend Selina Gomez, and........ James Taylor. Turns out she was named 'Taylor' after James! Anyway the three of them sang 'Fire and Rain' together on stage!

Prettymaid
11-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Aw, how sweet!

Windeagle
02-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Just heard on the radio that James Taylor has announced US tour dates. There are quite a few near me. Not sure if I'm going to any yet.

GlennLover
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Just heard on the radio that James Taylor has announced US tour dates. There are quite a few near me. Not sure if I'm going to any yet.

My husband bought tickets for Manchester, New Hampshire for June 30, but I don't think we will be able to go.

Windeagle
02-15-2012, 07:15 AM
My husband bought tickets for Manchester, New Hampshire for June 30, but I don't think we will be able to go.

That's too bad, GL. I hope things turn around and you can go after all.

I thought about getting tickets for Manchester (it's only a half-hour away), but I've seen James before. He was great, but I'm trying to save up for a certain other group I've never seen that has a reputation of having very pricey tickets. :)

Glennhoney
02-15-2012, 08:57 PM
..He's also in Montreal at a very wonderful venue on June 27, but unfortunately I can't make it......:cry:

sodascouts
02-17-2012, 01:57 AM
He is coming to Memphis but I don't think I will be able to go because my entire concert fund will be spent on the Eagles next summer.

Troubadour
02-19-2012, 06:32 AM
I'd love to see James again. Although I'm not sure anything could live up to my experience back in July!

Troubadour
04-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm re-watching some James videos on YouTube tonight, and I felt like posting this one. Such a beautiful song, and he is so flippin' gorgeous! Can't beat this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELElnewhHkU&feature=relmfu

Prettymaid
04-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for that Lou. Such a beautiful song. The first time I ever heard it was the Linda Ronstadt version.

Troubadour
04-17-2012, 07:18 PM
How have I not seen this before? :heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeg1f-7-New

GlennLover
04-18-2012, 11:17 PM
I have 2 tickets for his June 30th concert in Manchester, New Hampshire for sale at face value if anybody knows someone who might be interested.

Troubadour
06-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Found these last night... This website (http://normanseeffphotography.com/wordpress/artforall/) has a lot of great rock photos, including a delicious '70s shot of the Eagles!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/JamesTaylorVest.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/JamesTaylorBW70s.jpg

:smitten:

GlennLover
06-03-2012, 03:34 PM
I have 2 tickets for his June 30th concert in Manchester, New Hampshire for sale at face value if anybody knows someone who might be interested.

I still have these tickets for sale.

sodascouts
06-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Found these last night... This website (http://normanseeffphotography.com/wordpress/artforall/) has a lot of great rock photos, including a delicious '70s shot of the Eagles!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/JamesTaylorVest.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/JamesTaylorBW70s.jpg

:smitten:

Frankly, I have never really found James Taylor attractive... until I saw these photos. They are SMOKIN'!

Troubadour
06-03-2012, 09:22 PM
GL, wish I could take you up on those tickets!

I love James any time, but that first photo is my favourite... so hot! The third one's not bad either. :pimp:

Bringing it up to date, I would have LOVED to have been at this show. CSN with JT... My idea of heaven. They sound great and James is so cute!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXoHXHCqih0&feature=related

TimothyBFan
06-04-2012, 07:56 AM
I see it didn't take you long to make one of those beautiful pictures into an amazing signature. Well done!!!

GlennLover
06-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Yes, he sure is smokin' in those pictures! Never thought of him that way either.

lizzyplays
06-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Thanks for posting that link. All of the photos are incredible! Love his style of photography.

Brooke
06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks for that Troub! James is gorgeous in those!

Even Keith Richards looks :smokin: :shock:

Tiffanny Twisted
06-11-2012, 08:29 PM
neat sight. Lots of cool old rock and roll pictures.
Love the one of the eagles

tiffanny twisted

VAisForEagleLovers
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
James definitely looks good there, and the Eagles pic is just right for celebration of OOTN this week!

SallyGee
06-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Did you ever see the movie "Two-Lane Blacktop" ? Really bad movie, but James looks really good! I'm going to see him June 23. He always puts on a good show.

zeldabjr
06-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Did you ever see the movie "Two-Lane Blacktop" ? Really bad movie, but James looks really good! I'm going to see him June 23. He always puts on a good show.

I have always loved his voice!..I'm sure he's good live.

SallyGee
06-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Went to see James Taylor last night. Great show as usual. I think I have seen him at least 15 times. I've never been disappointed. He always manages to throw in some different stuff along with his hits. He played "The Twist" last night, and had the whole crowd (about 17,000) up on it's feet dancing. His brother Livingston came out and did a song. James's wife sang bach up on a few songs. The two of them did Cose Your Eyes to end the show. Very sweet! As everyone else left the stage, James started shaking hands with the people down front, and then was signing autographs. He was there signing the whole time we were leaving. What a nice guy!

GlennLover
06-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Went to see James Taylor last night. Great show as usual. I think I have seen him at least 15 times. I've never been disappointed. He always manages to throw in some different stuff along with his hits. He played "The Twist" last night, and had the whole crowd (about 17,000) up on it's feet dancing. His brother Livingston came out and did a song. James's wife sang bach up on a few songs. The two of them did Cose Your Eyes to end the show. Very sweet! As everyone else left the stage, James started shaking hands with the people down front, and then was signing autographs. He was there signing the whole time we were leaving. What a nice guy!

Glad you enjoyed James so much. We have tickets for his show on June 30 in Manchester, NH but we won't able to go. After reading your review I'm even more disappointed that I won't be seeing him.

06-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for sharing the info about "Sweet Baby James" Sally. I've never seen him, but I need to check out his tour schedule to see if he's coming anywhere near me anytime soon.

Windeagle
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Glad you enjoyed James so much. We have tickets for his show on June 30 in Manchester, NH but we won't able to go. After reading your review I'm even more disappointed that I won't be seeing him.

I SO wish I could take your tickets, GL, but I can't go that weekend either. And Manchester is so close for me! Argh!

Troubadour
07-10-2012, 04:24 PM
It was this week last year that I saw James in concert for the first time - and met him. (July 14th.) Sigh. Amazing memories!

EaglesKiwi
07-11-2012, 03:30 AM
After reading comments on the Border from Troub and other JT fans, I had ordered my first James Taylor cd - which arrived today (shipped from the US or the UK... can't remember now!). I listened on the way home from work and I'm loving it. Only know 4 of the songs, but looking forward to hearing more.

SallyGee
07-14-2012, 09:35 PM
It was this week last year that I saw James in concert for the first time - and met him. (July 14th.) Sigh. Amazing memories!

Happy Anniversary Troub! I am also a big JT fan. I have seen him many times and have never been disappointed. And what a nice guy. So happy you got to meet him.

TimothyBFan
07-16-2012, 08:43 AM

And I remember reading the review and about the encounter and almost in tears because your joy came across so well and I knew how much it meant to you. Hard to believe it's been a whole year already.

Troubadour
10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
A lovely picture of James from a Garth Brooks tribute on the 21st.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293773_489705681052245_977423572_n.jpg

Prettymaid
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Aw, what a sweet photo of James.

10-26-2012, 07:45 PM
That really is a great picture of Sweet Baby James, Troub!

zeldabjr
10-27-2012, 01:32 AM
yeah...great pic of JT....also have to say I'm lovin' your signature Lou...Mr. Henley looks "devilishly good"

Troubadour
10-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks, Zelda! I agree with you!

Troubadour
10-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Okay, this is adorable.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/Jameswithdog.jpg

zeldabjr
10-27-2012, 02:44 PM
great pic!...lucky dog!

Prettymaid
10-27-2012, 03:44 PM
That's adorable!

Any JT fans who do not like his fb page are missing out! He likes to post videos of himself doing things around his home, like working on an outdoor gate latch, showing how his latest homemade mousetrap works, and adorable recordings of his dog, Ting and his cat, Ray Taylor.

SallyGee
10-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Aw, what a great picture. Thanks PM. I'll have to like him on FB.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Okay, this is adorable.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/Continued/Jameswithdog.jpg

omg I lvoe this picture
can you just read the caption this...

Now I know we discussed this, while I love you, you are too big to sit on my lap

Troubadour
10-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Very cute, TT!