PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Oklahoma!

Scott
11-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Hello! I've been an Eagles fan since I first heard "Take It Easy" back in '72. I saw them in concert in St. Louis in '95 and Tulsa in '09. I enjoyed all of the lineups and each former member brought their own style. They have been consistently at the top of their game regardless of who was in the group.

However, personally I miss Felder's contributions. I know some people are glad he's gone and probably with some justification, but I think something is missing without him. I think the same is true with Fleetwood Mac sans Christine McVie and The Rolling Stones sans Bill Wyman. Still great, but the chemistry is just not quite right. Just my opinion. When you watch HFO, you can just see how great these guys are together musically. It's a shame the egos got in the way.

Although it's highly improbable, I wish he would return to the group. But, hell will probably really have frozen over by the time that ever happens.

I'll sum this up by saying I don't know if I have a "favorite" member because they are all so gifted and have their unique styles. But, if I had to call it, I'd probably go with Glenn. He is the foundation.

In any event, I'm glad to be a member and look forward to learning more about this incredibly talented group of guys known as The Eagles.

Scott

cynd1231
11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Welcome to The Border, Scott. Always glad to have one more among the ranks.

Let me be the first to say that all opinions are welcome, although you may get a few arguments here and there. HOWEVER, everyone here has their own ideas so feel free to express yourself.

Hope you'll take time to browse thru the various threads...there is a wealth of information here. Any questions. Just ask and I promise you'll get more answers than you imagined.

Again, welcome aboard. Look forward to your posts!

Troubadour
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Welcome, Scott! Glad to have you on board.

Super Frey
11-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the board!:computer:

sodascouts
11-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Welcome Scott! Yes, that Hell Freezes Over combination was something else - but I agree, each line-up has its virtues. I'm also a big Fleetwood Mac fan so I know what you mean about Christine. I never got a chance to see them live when she was still in the group, just like I never got to see the Eagles live with Felder. DVDs just aren't the same (although I'm glad to have 'em).

Koala
11-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Welcome at The Border, Scott, have fun here!

MikeA
11-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Hey Scott....as Walsh would say "Welcome To The Club" though this isn't really a "club" with official membership cards and such truck. Hmmm, Soda, maybe that's something we need <LOL> Maybe a tee-shirt too....

Anyway Scott, welcome from a neighbor (sort of). I'm up in Wichita or therebouts. You got another frequent poster here as a neighbor too. Pretty wide spread and close nit group here.

Scott
11-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Welcome Scott! Yes, that Hell Freezes Over combination was something else - but I agree, each line-up has its virtues. I'm also a big Fleetwood Mac fan so I know what you mean about Christine. I never got a chance to see them live when she was still in the group, just like I never got to see the Eagles live with Felder. DVDs just aren't the same (although I'm glad to have 'em).

I was fortunate enough to see Fleetwood Mac (The Dance Tour) at Kiel Center in St. Louis in Nov. 1997. The show was spectacular. In my opinion, it was as good, if not better, than The Dance DVD. The crowd was enthusiastic and it was worth every penny. If I remember correctly, I had 11th row seats and the tickets were fairly expensive, but what a great concert it was. I like Fleetwood Mac quite a bit and have collected a lot of audio "rarities" over the years dating back to 1968. What a great group.

TimothyBFan
11-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Welcome Scott---always great to see a new member join in! Enjoy yourselves here and I certainly hope you don't mind all the "freckle counting" that us ladies do here. Mike has learned to ignore it and hopefully you will be able to also. :hilarious:

Brooke
11-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Welcome to The Border from me, too, Scott! This is a really fun place to discuss our favorite group. Glad you found us!

GlennLover
11-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Welcome from me as well. It's good to have another guy "on The Border" to keep us ladies in check! :laugh:

Ive always been a dreamer
11-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Welcome from me too, Scott. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. I'm a fan from way back as well, and love having this board to share my fandom with other people who 'get it'.

sodascouts
11-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I was fortunate enough to see Fleetwood Mac (The Dance Tour) at Kiel Center in St. Louis in Nov. 1997. The show was spectacular. In my opinion, it was as good, if not better, than The Dance DVD. The crowd was enthusiastic and it was worth every penny. If I remember correctly, I had 11th row seats and the tickets were fairly expensive, but what a great concert it was. I like Fleetwood Mac quite a bit and have collected a lot of audio "rarities" over the years dating back to 1968. What a great group.

Oh, lucky duck! I am a live concert bootleg collector myself, and even tried my hand at bootlegging a couple concerts myself - to very disappointing results. Here is my trade page - check it out and see if you wanna do a trade for anything: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/trading.htm (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/trade.htm)

Prettymaid
11-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Scott. I welcomed you in another thread but let's make it official, shall we? How ya doin? All Eagles fans welcome here!

Scott
11-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks to all of the very kind welcomes...................I'm glad to be here.

Scott

Scott
11-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh, lucky duck! I am a live concert bootleg collector myself, and even tried my hand at bootlegging a couple concerts myself - to very disappointing results. Here is my trade page - check it out and see if you wanna do a trade for anything: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/trading.htm

Soda:
Within the past week, I sent two emails to dustyfury74 (dustyfury74@hotmail.com)******* (domain intentionally edited for privacy) which is the contact address I had for you regarding trades which I pulled up on one page. However, I never received any reply. I am having trouble seeing your webpages and the listings of items you have for trade. I am using IE 8, but the pages give an error code.

Let me know if there's a way for me to see what items you have.

Scott

sodascouts
11-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Soda:
Within the past week, I sent two emails to dustyfury74 (dustyfury74@hotmail.com)******* (domain intentionally edited for privacy) which is the contact address I had for you regarding trades which I pulled up on one page. However, I never received any reply. I am having trouble seeing your webpages and the listings of items you have for trade. I am using IE 8, but the pages give an error code.

Let me know if there's a way for me to see what items you have.

Scott

I took down the link to that page but never bothered to remove the page itself, even though I don't check that e-mail anymore. I probably should take it down entirely to avoid confusion! So, you can't see ANY of my sites?

Scott
11-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I took down the link to that page but never bothered to remove the page itself, even though I don't check that e-mail anymore. I probably should take it down entirely to avoid confusion! So, you can't see ANY of my sites?

Only the one that had "contact me" which then addressed the email to dusty...... And, most of the images were missing from that page. The others (including the link you sent in your earlier post which contained your trades are not viewable).

Is that not a valid email address?

sodascouts
11-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Not viewable?? Not to take away from your welcome thread, but could you tell me what error message you are getting? I'm going to look into it.

The e-mail is still active; I just don't check it anymore. I'll go look you up.

Scott
11-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Not viewable?? Not to take away from your welcome thread, but could you tell me what error message you are getting? I'm going to look into it.

The e-mail is still active; I just don't check it anymore. I'll go look you up.

I am able to click on a few of the links now...................On the BuckinghamNick.net page, there are no images.........just 4 red "x" marks where images once were (or at least I can't see them). However, ,before just a few moments ago, most of the time when I click on a link, it gives this error:
Error 404: File Not Found

The requested page is not found. This may happen due to the following reasons:

Page or file is outdated, renamed, moved, or does not exist.
You typed the address incorrectly, like http://www.example.com/pgae.html instead of http://www.example.com/page.html
Please contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

Seems to be a bit better now.................

Scott

ticky
11-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Scott and welcome from me too! I know a lot of Felder fans out there and I completely understand what you mean by Chemistry. Seems like, even with Stuart's addition lately, Felder and Walsh really had great chemistry. I do miss that. Im a huge Walsh fan, but as far as Im concerned, they're all still my boys!
Welcome Welcome Welcome!

GlennLover
11-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Nancy, I got the same message when I clicked on the link in this thread, but when I went to eaglesonlinecentral & tried the link it worked.

Prettymaid
11-13-2009, 08:33 AM
The link in this thread worked for me...

sodascouts
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
If it's the Buckingham Nicks site, it doesn't work because I've deleted a lot of those pages. I don't know why some of you can't make that link for the Eagles site work though.

Peekaboo
11-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm a little late on this. From a fellow Oklahoman, Welcome Scott. I am born and raised right here in the Sooner State. I too was at the Eagles concerts last year. They were great, weren't they? Glad to have you join us here. This is the place to be for all things Eagles. Have fun!!

Fan_For_Life
11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Welcome Scott! :)