PDA

View Full Version : What the heck?

tbs fanatic
11-13-2009, 12:33 PM
What the heck is up with everyone these days? The news just seems filled with murders, kidnappings, disappearances, etc., lately. It seems like everyone is going a bit nuts, to put it mildly. This morning's drama was some 'soccer mom' has been charged with robbing several banks at gunpoint :headscratch:. Is it just me or has the quota of madness gone several notches up lately?

sodascouts
11-13-2009, 01:13 PM
"I pick up the morning paper, all the news is bad"

Well, it does seem that way, doesn't it? It's always been bad, though. As far back as 1972 the Eagles were recording lines like "don't let me see that morning paper - 'cause I don't need those blues. It's just the same old murder movie, but they call it the news."

Are there more crazies now? I don't know. With so much news coverage on every little thing, maybe it just feels like it even though there's not that much more? I'm totally guessing here, lol.

Brooke
11-13-2009, 02:52 PM
My co-worker and I were just talking about this after lunch. Another middle aged man arrested for sexually abusing a very young girl. What is it with these men? How can they not know this is wrong and more than likely will be caught?

There are way too many sickos out there and they are talking about letting prisoners out of jail before their time is up. Yeah, let 'em loose so they can do it again. :cuss:

luvthelighthouse
11-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Yep, crazies or depressing news everywhere! I use this board as a form of escapism from reality. I don’t talk much about my life, or what’s going on it, because this place is a comfort zone to me. I can just relax and enjoy my favorite musicians, without reality creeping in.

The news is horrible, but I listen or watch it anyway, to stay current… Life is dramatic enough, why do some people insist on more self inflicted trauma? TBS and I see eye to eye on that! LOL

AmarilloByMorning
11-16-2009, 03:43 PM
The molesters, murderers and garden variety sadists have always plagued society - only recently have increased police/detective power and wildly bloodthirsty news outlets chosen to capitalize upon it rather than sweeping it under the proverbial rug. Statistically, the incidence of major crimes has generally decreased in major urban areas - the news simply chooses to report grotesque occurrences as opposed to matters normal citizens might actually find uplifting and inspiring (heroic firemen anyone?). Lighthouse has the right idea - I don't watch the news or check it online, just read the Wall Street Journal and pointedly ignore the rest. You can only ingest so much before your psyche blackens around the edges. Anyway, that's how I justify flitting through Eagles photos for untoward amounts of time... :?

In the vein of positive comments, though, I love your avatar - he has such fantastic hair!