PDA

View Full Version : Covers of Eagles Songs

EasyFeeling
12-21-2006, 10:51 AM
This is incredible. :shock: I just found a review of a Keith concert and I couldn't believe it. I post the whole article here.
Oh, I would have loved to hear that. :D

From The Post-Standard
Country music, Aussie style
Saturday, August 26, 2006
By Mark Bialczak
Staff writer

It pays to bring a homemade poster sign to a Keith Urban concert. And to sit front and center, too.

Friday night at the state fair grandstand, the country music star heck, with his marriage to actress Nicole Kidman, he's crossed over into pop stardom made two sisters from "outside of Albany" quite happy when he spied their sign.

"2 sisters, 2 wishes, 2 kisses!" he proclaimed to the happy crowd. "Well, come on up. I'm not going to miss this opportunity."
So up to the stage went Sharon and Claudia, telling all where they came from (and more than that in Claudia's case, as she explained about a recent joint replacement surgery to her thumb, earning raised eyebrows from Urban). They both got their kisses as the crowd howled.
Urban was a great singer and fantastic guitar player. But most important, he was a tremendous entertainer. After bussing the two siblings, he jumped down in front of the stage. Then he climbed over the rail and strolled through the center aisle of the crowd, chuckling as he sang and withstanding the tremendous crush of those who strained for one slight touch with fame.
But it was more than those couple hundred upfront who fell to Urban's obvious charm. By the end of the night, everybody was singing in the rain as Urban and his very fine five-piece band went through a repertoire of songs that regularly make country radio rotation.
Yes, life is very good for the Australian native, and his sweet songs reflect his satisfaction. "Days Go By" and "Raining on Sunday" got everybody into the spirit. Urban had his own description for the drops falling from the sky.
"It's a baptism," he said.
"You Look Good in My Shirt," "Jeans On," "But for the Grace of God" and an honorable cover of The Eagles' "Take It to the Limit" earned choruses from the crowd.
For a special party mood, he encored first with "I Just Want to Cry" and then the Steve Miller Band's epic, "The Joker," allowing his band mates to take turns with the vocals, too.
By the time Urban closed with "Somebody Like You," everybody felt special.

Brooke
12-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Cool! I would love to see Keith in concert, too. He's just too cute for words! Hope he gets out of rehab soon.

And maybe we should have a pic of him to feast our eyes on? This is my favorite:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/keith-urban.jpg

This is his newest look:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/keith_urban_cma.jpg

:smokin:

You all know I'm a "hair" gal. It's darker underneath now and very streaked.

Ive always been a dreamer
12-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Wow EF - You must be in 7th heaven. Keith singing Eagles songs - it just doesn't get any better, does it? :D

Maleah
12-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I may not have seen the Eagles yet, but I HAVE seen Keith live and he is amazing! I can't wait until he comes around again!! :D

EasyFeeling
12-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Me too, Maleah. :D

No Dreamer, it doesn't get any better. Keith singing TITLL :shock: Unbelievable!

Oh Brooke, these pictures are killing me. :D May I add some? :wink:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/954750072108_0_BG.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/188566002108_0_BG.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/1584124.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/PICT0597_edited.jpg

And now another view :wink:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/336517002108_0_ALB.jpg

Brooke
12-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Yikes! :D

Z
12-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Wow, ladies! Those are very nice! I do so love pictures taken from alternative angles. :twisted:

sodascouts
12-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Interesting choices, there. ;)

Freypower
12-23-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm Australian and I have never heard one song by Keith Urban.

EasyFeeling
12-23-2006, 05:08 PM
:shock: :shock: Do you want me to send you some?

Brooke
12-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Julie, you really need to check him out. Besides being very easy on the eyes he's a great singer and awesome guitar player! :D

EasyFeeling
12-25-2006, 06:16 PM
That's true, Brooke. Yesterday we watched the DVD while having dinner. My brother saw him the first time and he was thrilled by his guitar playing.

sodascouts
12-26-2006, 02:52 PM
On a related note, I've always liked Travis Tritt's cover of Take It Easy - and the video isn't bad either! ;)

EasyFeeling
12-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Oh yes, I like his version too and I especially love that video. :wink:

Z
12-26-2006, 03:58 PM
The Tritt TIE video is -- as Molly would say -- OUTSTANDING!

Maleah
12-26-2006, 09:27 PM
As horrible as this sound for an Eagles fan........I actually like Travis Tritt's version of "Take It Easy" the best. Before you think horribly of me ;), it was the first version I heard so now when I hear it.....I hear it his way. lol If that makes sense. .... :roll:

sodascouts
12-26-2006, 10:32 PM
It makes sense... in a very sick way! lol

glenneaglesfan
12-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Ah, the Travis Tritt video.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/TrittTIE9.jpg
(Thanks, FP!)

Maleah
12-27-2006, 02:07 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ah yes.......THE video :wink:

I know soda, I know...........it's VERY strange :D

sodascouts
12-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Our guys have some nice butts, don't they? lol

timfan
12-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Our guys have some nice butts! lol

they sure do!! :D :P :D

EasyFeeling
12-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Especially the guy on the left. 8)

Maleah
12-28-2006, 03:50 AM
Especially the guy on the left. 8)

yes, he is definently impressive! But I also see a nice one further down :wink:

Z
12-28-2006, 08:00 AM
All I see is some cop's butt blocking my view....although that one on the left................hmmmmmm

Brooke
12-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Btw, EF, it looks like Keith Urban is out and about again! Hope he can handle it. Read about it here:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-12-28T053740Z_01_SYD146424_RTRUKOC_0_UK-AUSTRALIA-KIDMAN.xml&WTmodLoc=Entertainment-C1-Headline-7

Billy
12-28-2006, 03:46 PM
As horrible as this sound for an Eagles fan........I actually like Travis Tritt's version of "Take It Easy" the best. Before you think horribly of me ;), it was the first version I heard so now when I hear it.....I hear it his way. lol If that makes sense. .... :roll:

I believe it was the re-uniting of the band for the video,that started the idea of them getting back together. 8)

Randy's Girl
12-28-2006, 04:22 PM
I liked Travis Tritt's version too, and I like the video (for the same reasons listed above :wink: ).

EasyFeeling
12-28-2006, 05:54 PM
Btw, EF, it looks like Keith Urban is out and about again! Hope he can handle it. Read about it here:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=entertainmentNews&storyID=2006-12-28T053740Z_01_SYD146424_RTRUKOC_0_UK-AUSTRALIA-KIDMAN.xml&WTmodLoc=Entertainment-C1-Headline-7

Thanks for the link, Brooke. I also have heard he is out of rehab but still in therapy. And I have read about the rumor he had an affair with a lingerie model the last two years, during his relationship with NK. As much as I love him he seems to be a bad boy. :wink:

Brooke
12-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Wow, I hadn't heard that, EF! But you know, we all love bad boys! :wink:

12-31-2006, 11:29 PM
I love the Travis Tritt TIE video for obvious reasons, but there is no way I like his cover better than the Eagles version. That was their very first hit, and I have very fond, vivid memories of that song during the summer of '72.

And EF - just wanted you to know that I stopped by Keith's house when I was in Nashville, but he wasn't home! :shock: :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh really, Dreamer? :shock: Did you take a photo of his house? :twisted:
Yes, I've read on the net Keith spent Christmas holidays in Australia. FP, have you seen him? :wink:

Freypower
01-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Keith and Nicole displayed a great show of unity here in Sydney over Christmas. But EF, how do I break it to you? I have never heard one of his songs and I don't have the slightest interest in him. I don't find him remotely attractive and I am also not a fan of his wife. Sorry. :? So, er, no, I haven't seen him and I didn't go looking. The city has been inundated with the fragrant Paris Hilton, anyway.

Maleah
01-02-2007, 01:42 AM
The city has been inundated with the fragrant Paris Hilton, anyway.

ugh :?

EasyFeeling
01-02-2007, 04:05 AM
Keith and Nicole displayed a great show of unity here in Sydney over Christmas. But EF, how do I break it to you? I have never heard one of his songs and I don't have the slightest interest in him. I don't find him remotely attractive and I am also not a fan of his wife. Sorry. :? So, er, no, I haven't seen him and I didn't go looking. The city has been inundated with the fragrant Paris Hilton, anyway.

Paris Hilton? :shock:
FP, I didn't know you don't care for Keith and his music. I love him but forgot not everyone likes him. :wink:

01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
EF - I didn't have a camera with me when I passed by Keith's house this year. However, I may actually have some pictures of the house from last year. I'll check when I get a chance, and post a picture if I have one. I have to admit, I'm really not much of a country music fan. I had never even heard of Keith until he started dating Nicole. However, when we were in Nashville last year, my 16 year-old niece was with us, and she definately knew about him. She went wild when we passed his house. She was prepared to search the entire city looking for him. Me, on the other hand, was thinking "Good grief - what's all the fuss about - you'd think he was Glenn Frey!"
:wink: :shock:

EasyFeeling
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I had never heard of him either till my US aunt brought me the live DVD last year. I must admit I ignored the DVD for at least 3 weeks and one day I was boring and thought ok, I want to have a look now. And what can I say? I fell in love with him from the first song.
Apart from his first albums his music has nothing to do with country. Not anymore. You can hear a banjo now and then but that's all.
Your niece is a girl to my liking. :D
Looking forward to the photos. :wink:

Freypower
01-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Everyone has different tastes. I might like Keith Urban if I heard him but that isn't the sort of music that does anything for me, that's all. I got as far as Hank Williams and Johnny Cash and that was about it. It isn't that I don't 'like' him, I'm just indifferent to him.

Maleah
01-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Trust me......Keith is so far from Johnny Cash and Hank Williams that it's not even funny. :D Their styles are not even SOMEWHAT similar. Most people think of country and think of the "twang" that came with singers like Hank, George Jones, and Merle Haggard.......but to be honest, modern day country is more comparable to the Eagles, imo.

sodascouts
01-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I see your point, Maleah. Maybe I'll hop on to Amazon and listen to a few clips.

Maleah
01-03-2007, 02:13 AM
sounds good soda :D The best part about Keith....to REALLY get the Keith experience....is to see him live, or at LEAST see him on dvd or on tv because his guitar playing is smokin'!

EasyFeeling
01-03-2007, 03:52 AM
You're absolutely right, Maleah. Listen to his music is great, but to see him performing live is mind blowing. The DVD is highly recommended. If anyone wants me to email some songs from the DVD, feel free to ask me.

Brooke
01-03-2007, 01:11 PM
You are absolutely right about Keith, Maleah. I haven't seen him live or even on dvd, but I've seen his videos and on the CMA's, etc, and he is awesome. Looks, guitar playing, singing......<swoon>. He's much more rock & roll than country.

My favorite songs are the oldie By the Grace of God and the more recent Raining on Sunday. The latter has smokin guitar work!

Yeah, I love him!

After Glenn and Don, of course! :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Ah, another Keith fan. :wink: I guess I have already said it but I'm not sure. Maybe it was on another board. As for me Glenn and Keith range on the same level. 8)
Brooke, I love But For The Grace Of God. :D Have you ever heard his live version just with an acoustic guitar? Wow, I can tell you it's brilliant.
I can't think of a favourite song but when I had to choose 5 I would say:

Days Go By
You're My Better Half
You Look Good In My Shirt
Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me
Somebody Like You
She's Gotta Be
Faster Car
Tu Compania

8... sorry, can't stop. :blush:

I was bored and looked for a video which shows his awesome guitar playing. I found an older one which I've never seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JRDanqk9s

01-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Okay - you all have convinced me that I need to check out some of Keith's music. And while I think he is very hot, I definately still prefer the more mature Mr. Frey. :wink:

sodascouts
01-04-2007, 04:47 AM
At this point, I'm convinced Keith warrants his own thread in Chit Chat. What do you say, EF?

EasyFeeling
01-04-2007, 04:59 AM
If someone is willing to talk about him now and then it would be great, Soda. :D

sodascouts
01-04-2007, 05:03 AM
I think you should have the honor of starting it, EF. I have been studying up on him and am impressed!

sodascouts
01-05-2007, 10:16 PM
This topic made me go back and listen to "Common Thread" again. Although I'd heard Take It Easy before, like Maleah, these versions were my introductions to a few Eagles songs, like Sad Cafe. I think overall the album is great, except for maybe the underwhelming cover of Take It to the Limit by Suzy Bogguss.

Maleah
01-06-2007, 08:31 AM
I haven't heard any of the cd except TIE.........but I just can't imagine a woman singing "take it to the limit." lol

Brooke
01-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I haven't heard many of the songs on Common Thread, but I like Travis Tritt's version of TIE. I like him anyway.

I don't care for Clint Black's version of Desperado at all. And I like him, too.

I can't imagine a woman singing TITTL either!

There's just not many people that can get away with covering Eagles songs and me liking it. It's just not right....but that's just me! :)

Maleah
01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
I think Travis Tritt is one of the few people that can cover an Eagles song and I'd actually like it. I love his version of Take It Easy and would probably love any other one's he'd do.

sodascouts
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Coincidentally, I just received in the mail from a sweet guy in Italy a CD which has CHER doing Take It to the Limit! It's... interesting.

Maleah
01-07-2007, 12:48 AM
Coincidentally, I just received in the mail from a sweet guy in Italy a CD which has CHER doing Take It to the Limit! It's... interesting.

.................wow.................I think that's something I can probably hold off on ever hearing :laugh:

Molly
01-07-2007, 02:22 PM

.................wow.................I think that's something I can probably hold off on ever hearing :laugh:

ooooh, I think I'll take a pass on this one, as well! :yuck:

01-07-2007, 02:38 PM
:D :D :D

But, Soda said it was INTERESTING. So, I may give it a 15 second listen. :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Me too. :wink:

Brooke
01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Cher?! Sacrilegious! :laugh:

Molly
01-07-2007, 06:44 PM

Interesting is one of those words kind people use when they don't want to be mean or rude. :huh:

sodascouts
01-08-2007, 01:36 AM

Interesting is one of those words kind people use when they don't want to be mean or rude. :huh:

Yes, I don't want you listening to that on account of me - it wasn't THAT interesting. ;)

Billy
01-12-2007, 08:58 PM
can anyone send me links to covers?

by PM,I'll give u my email

sodascouts
01-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Billy, I have some covers if yo uwant to PM me - but not a whole lot.

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 06:23 PM
The Carpenters performed "Desperado" in 1975. I don't quite care for that version, because the Eagles performed it, well, flawlessly. It can be found on their "Horizon" LP.

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for that information, KC. It's amazing how many people have covered Desperado! And welcome to the board. :)

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for welcoming me! I enjoy this board a lot. If you want, I can upload it and share it with you guys.

DonFan
01-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Welcome from me too, KC.
I loved the Carpenters and I especially loved Karen's beautiful vocals. It would be great if you could upload a link to that song.

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 06:48 PM
She was a great singer... Sad to say, I wasn't alive when she was singing. On a brighter note, at least I got to see the Eagles in concert last year! :P

I will post the link soon, and even though it wasn't the best of the Carpenters, it's an okay rendition.

To this day, I consider Karen the best female drummer/lead singer, and I consider Don Henley the best male drummer/lead singer. It's a coincidence that both of them played the drums and sang!

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Shucks! I haven't had my account for two days yet. Oh well... when the time comes, I'll post the link.

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I would love to hear it, too. She had such a beautiful voice!

People often forget that Karen was a drummer like Don. That is a cool concidence. Can't fault your taste. ;)

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I would love to hear it, too. She had such a beautiful voice!

People often forget that Karen was a drummer like Don. That is a cool concidence. Can't fault your taste. ;)
Thanks! Not many people tell me I have good taste in music! :blush:

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
On YouTube, I saw a clip from Olivia Newton-John's "Hollywood Nights" Television Special, and Olivia Newton-John, Toni Tennille, Tina Turner, and Karen Carpenter were singing the Eagles' "Heartache Tonight". It's not a bad rendition. I like it.

sodascouts
01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
OK, posting this link for KC:

The Carpenters' Cover of Desperado (http://rolandchayer.com/TheVanKarenLife/instal1/Audio/37501.mp3)

P.S. I bet those ladies doing HT is a hoot!

Karen Carpenter
01-28-2007, 07:16 PM
P.S. I bet those ladies doing HT is a hoot!
Yeah, I'll PM you the link.

Perfect Little Sister
01-29-2007, 01:29 PM
That was cool! Thanks for posting that link guys.

Welcome to The Border KC! I haven't listened to Karen for soooo long. Thanks for that. Such a voice...and such a tragedy that she passed so young.

EasyFeeling
01-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Ummm, the link doesn't work for me. It says server cannot be found. :?

Karen Carpenter
01-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Ummm, the link doesn't work for me. It says server cannot be found. :?
Hmm... it should work.

EasyFeeling
01-30-2007, 05:04 AM
It works now. :D Seemed to be a temporary problem.

Karen Carpenter
02-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Okay, I mentioned earlier that Olivia Newton-John and the gals sang "Heartache Tonight". I found a link to a fair quality of the video on Google Videos.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3555607882262597038&hl=en

Enjoy!

Karen Carpenter
04-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Okay, I found a relatively better quality one on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7V24wctAI

badkitty33
04-03-2007, 12:11 AM
You all know I'm a "hair" gal.

Wow! Are you really Brooke? Me too!!! Just about the first thing I notice on a guy!! 8) In fact, you could even say I have a bit of a hair fetish!

badkitty33
04-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Wow! FP! I'm not alone!! I don't care for him either!! Not one little bit. I always felt bad on MF's board, so I kept my mouth shut for the longest time. I don't see it -- AT ALL! I'm sorry, but he does nothing for me. And also, like you, I have never heard anything he does and I'm not the least bit interested! God, that feels good! Sorry ladies. It's just that FP mentioned "unity", and well ... 8)

badkitty33
04-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Has anyone ever heard Ziggy Marley's version of Hotel California? If you like Reggae, you'd probably like it. It's very different, but very cool indeed! I love it! 8) But then, I love Reggae. Someone could do the "Barney" song in Reggae and I'd probably like it!!!

EasyFeeling
04-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow! FP! I'm not alone!! I don't care for him either!! Not one little bit. I always felt bad on MF's board, so I kept my mouth shut for the longest time. I don't see it -- AT ALL! I'm sorry, but he does nothing for me. And also, like you, I have never heard anything he does and I'm not the least bit interested! God, that feels good! Sorry ladies. It's just that FP mentioned "unity", and well ... 8)

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Soda, now you have got almost all of his songs. What do you say to this ignorance? :wink:

Brooke
04-03-2007, 03:58 PM
EF, they just do NOT know what they are missing! :wink:

Although, I don't see what he sees in Nicole either! :roll:

sodascouts
04-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I say, don't knock Keith Urban until you've tried him! You may not find him physically attractive, but it's his voice that's important!

Randy's Girl
04-04-2007, 04:20 AM
I love Keith too (not as much as EF does tho :wink: )

badkitty33
04-04-2007, 09:19 AM

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif

Soda, now you have got almost all of his songs. What do you say to this ignorance? :wink:

Ignorance? Oh, EF, I'm just expressing my opinion!!! :wink: 8) I'm sorry I don't like him!!!

badkitty33
04-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Okay, ladies, I guess I have to go for broke. See, the thing is, I don't like country music!! Sorry! I've tried, believe me. I like a few select songs (a little Shania, a couple Brooks and Dunn and, of course, Garth Brooks' "Friends in Low Places"), but other than that ... country just doesn't cut it for me!

I even have a brother who played in a country band a few years ago! I supported him and went to see them, even enjoyed some of it (they also did other types of music though), but, even with that, it just doesn't do anything for me! I can't help what my ears don't like!!! It's like food! If you don't like the taste of something, you don't eat it! If I don't like the way something sounds, I'm not going to listen to it! Okay, NOW I'm done. 8)

Brooke
04-04-2007, 10:14 AM
But bk, Keith is on the farrrrrrrr side of country with most of his songs!

badkitty33
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I've heard that said before Brooke. That means I can't keep using the "country" excuse!! What excuse am I gonna use now!!!! 8) :wink:

Fine, fine, maybe, and I mean MAYBE, I'll look him up on Limewire!

Thanks Brooke.

Brooke
04-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Haha! Just wait till you see him playing smokin' guitar! :guitar: :smokin:

badkitty33
04-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Love your little smilie graphics there Brooke!!! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/froehlich/a040.gif

Maleah
04-04-2007, 05:36 PM
I've heard that said before Brooke. That means I can't keep using the "country" excuse!! What excuse am I gonna use now!!!! 8) :wink:

Fine, fine, maybe, and I mean MAYBE, I'll look him up on Limewire!

Thanks Brooke.

If nothing else sis, I know you'll love the guitar playing! ;)

Me meanwhile.........I love me some country :D Course....my country that I love is Keith, Wynonna (LOOOOVE her!), Rascal Flatts (except for the Grammy's :shock: ), Martina McBride.......etc.... :D
But that's ok if you don't like it! That's what makes us interesting ;) I'm not a big hard rock/heavy metal fan.......in fact I'm not one at all :blush: Or rap :?

Ooo Ooo Ooo....I forgot I loooove Travis Tritt and Phil Vassar too :D.......and Carrie Underwood.....and .....ok I'll stop :P

EasyFeeling
04-05-2007, 03:55 AM
But bk, Keith is on the farrrrrrrr side of country with most of his songs!

This is absolutely true. Most of his songs are NOT country. Ok, you can hear a banjo now and then but's that's all. And like Brooke said his guitar playing is mind blowing, believe me.
Oh BK, you know I was just kidding with the "ignorance" comment. :wink: You're right, it's a matter of taste. When my aunt brought us the DVD on her last visit in 2005 I thought: Oh no, I don't like country music and put the DVD away and forgot it then. After a few weeks one day I was bored and remembered I had this DVD. And what can I say? I fell in love with him from the first song.
Love his voice and his guitar playing, the way he rolls his shoulders while playing and singing, all these little details makes me love him.

What I wanted to say is just try him. Do you remember Maleah talked on TLR about Johnny Lang and Marc Broussard. I've never heard of them even so downloaded some songs on Limewire and I liked them.
If you want me to send you some songs let me know. 8)

As you all know I shouldn't come here while I'm on work but in this case I couldn't resist. :wink:

Maleah
04-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Did you REALLY like them??? :D :D :D You didn't tell me that EF! :D Which songs did you try of Jonny Lang? Walking Away is REALLY good!

badkitty33
04-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Wow! I'm really flattered by all the time and attention you've given to try and make me a convert!!! I suppose the least I can do is download a song or two. Any suggestions???? :roll:

FYI: I saw Johnny Lang about 9 - 10 years ago. I liked him!!! He's kind of bluesy if I remember correctly -- which I like!! Maybe I'll download some of him!!! 8)

Oh, and EF, I know you were just joking around!! Never worry about that! I can take a joke!

EasyFeeling
04-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I knew you know that, BK. :wink: Suggestions? God, I don't know where to start, there are too many. Ok, try Days Go By, Better Life, Making Memories Of Us, Somebody Like Me... I will stop now. :wink:

I know currently I'm in a fever of excitement because of the upcoming show. It's the same than last year with the Eagles show. I can't help it, I just love him. :wink: Still 17 days...

Oh, I never told you that, Maleah? I like Beautiful One, Breaking Me, and I absolutely love Missing Your Love, that's my favourite song! :D But I haven't got Walking Away.

Brooke
04-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Bk, besides the ones EF has mentioned, I would suggest Raining on Sunday. The guitar at the end is awesome! 8)

Maleah
04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
and also in addition......:D......I would recommend "faster car" off of his newest cd. It has an awesome bass line on it that I just found out today that Keith plays as well! Also...."Where The Blacktop Ends," it is absolutely ROCKING live! "Tonight I Wanna Cry" has a really pretty Keith vocal but I don't think it has much guitar on it except acoustic.

EasyFeeling
04-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Very good suggestions, ladies. 8) Oooooooooh, I badly feel the need to watch the DVD now. :D

badkitty33
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Okay, thank you ladies. That helps a lot since I know absolutely nothing that he does! As soon as I leave here, I'm heading to Limewire! 8) I hope my fingers don't cramp up when I go to type in his name!!! :D :D :wink:

badkitty33
04-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Very good suggestions, ladies. 8) Oooooooooh, I badly feel the need to watch the DVD now. :D

Go for it!! 8)

Maleah
04-06-2007, 10:38 PM
I hope my fingers don't cramp up when I go to type in his name!!! :D :D :wink:

Don't even try that excuse! :D I expect you to download each of the songs mentioned and give a full report on ANYTHING you found that you liked ;)

EasyFeeling
04-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Exactly! :twisted: :D

badkitty33
04-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Okay ladies, here's my report on everything I liked:

*crickets chirping*

Seriously, I'm very sorry to say, nothing appealed to me. Maybe there's something wrong with me!!!

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/d055.gif

I listened to about 6 songs. A couple that were suggested I couldn't find, and I found another one that sounded like it might be interesting. "Stupid Boy". Liked the title anyway!!!

I could still detect that "country" sound in his voice, and that is one of the main things I don't like about country. Not twangy, but something else that I can't exactly describe. That's why I like Shania. Being that her husband was producer for bands like AC/DC, Def Leppard, etc., is probably why I like her stuff! It's his influence in there. Plus, she's got a great voice! Anyway ....

I'm sorry if I've disappointed Mr. Urban's legion of adoring fans. I gave it a fair shot. I'm always open to hearing new music (including older music/artists/bands I've just never heard before). It just didn't do anything for me. **runs for cover**

PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!!

I will say this much, he is pretty hot on the guitar!! That sounded good!

Having said all this, I still, and will always, respect the fact that so many of you like him!!! http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/a090.gif

Brooke
04-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Well, bk, I guess it's hopeless for you, but thank you for giving him a fair chance.

Stupid Boy is not one of my Keith favorites, but I will forgive him for it since he's so easy on the eyes! IMO!

We can't all like the same things or it would be a very boring world! :)

EasyFeeling
04-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Stupid Boy is not one of my Keith favorites, but I will forgive him for it since he's so easy on the eyes! IMO! :)

I totally agree, Brooke. :D :D :D
I like Stupid Boy but it's not my favourite song either. He did much better songs.

BK, at least you've tried him. 8) And you're right what you've said about that "country" voice. Usually I don't like that sound but in case of Keith I love it. :D

badkitty33
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Well, bk, I guess it's hopeless for you, but thank you for giving him a fair chance.

Stupid Boy is not one of my Keith favorites, but I will forgive him for it since he's so easy on the eyes! IMO!

We can't all like the same things or it would be a very boring world! :)

Well, you said it Brooke! I am hopeless!!! 8) :wink: And, you're welcome. As I said, I'm always open!!

StephUK
04-20-2012, 07:34 PM
I've just updated my site with some info and a link to a cover version of the Eagles 'Try and Love again'. Click on the link and scroll down.

http://willhollisfansite.webs.com/playingkeyboardsfor.htm

Dyan61
06-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Apologies if this thread already exists somewhere but I had to post this....don't mind Tom Jones but he butchers this...

http://youtu.be/ZXfPWstSOsw

Shouldn't be allowed :nausea:

zeldabjr
06-10-2013, 03:46 AM
oh ouch Dyan you're so right...couldn't even finish listening to it...NO..NO..NO...and I like Tom Jones...I even saw him in concert in the early 80s..(not my idea though)...lol..

TimothyBFan
06-10-2013, 08:39 AM
Ouch!! I had to turn that off and I actually use to love Tom and couldn't wait till Friday nights to watch his tv show.

sodascouts
06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Yikes!

Troubadour
06-11-2013, 01:26 PM
The man has got an incredible voice... but yeah. That didn't work.

zeldabjr
06-11-2013, 01:33 PM
The man has got an incredible voice... but yeah. That didn't work.

oh Lou...you put it so kindly!!!

Outlawman13
06-11-2013, 11:53 PM
LOL I always liked Tom Jones, but man this isn't music to my ears!!!

Troubadour
06-12-2013, 03:34 PM
oh Lou...you put it so kindly!!!

Haha. Well, I'm part-Welsh... I have to stick up for my countryfolk! ;)

Dyan61
06-12-2013, 04:52 PM
I heard it on the radio a few days ago but not who was singing it, thought it sounded like Tom so searched it on YouTube. Pretty shocking huh? He usually has a lovely voice but guess just not suited to this song it really is sooo bad.....can't bring myself to watch it again :nope:

PS Loving the new wallpaper...kudos to whoever is responsible for it :yay:

Prettymaid
06-12-2013, 05:42 PM
By all of the posts I thought it was going to be terrible! To me, it sounded like Tom Jones doing his version of TITTL. I've never been a fan of him or his style of singing, so I knew I wouldn't like it, but I can see a TJ fan appreciating that. (Especially at the end when he wipes his brow and flings his sweat into the audience.) :lol:

zeldabjr
06-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Haha. Well, I'm part-Welsh... I have to stick up for my countryfolk! ;)

oh that's right...forgot he's Welsh...lol

Dyan61
07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Rod Stewart doing Best of my love, this isn't horrible....not a patch on the original of course!

http://youtu.be/ZvN1GG6v7Q8

MaryCalifornia
08-11-2014, 02:34 AM
Again, this isn't a video of Timothy - do we have a thread about covers of Eagles' songs, I couldn't find it? It is Chromeo performing their version of ICTYW live. They released it as a single in 2009, and it is everywhere online and seems like a legit recording, so I am assuming the Eagles authorized it. I think it's cool because 1) it's a totally different genre of music and 2) I like it when any artist acknowledges a TBS song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmP9yPpx6P4

Here is the recorded version:

https://soundcloud.com/ryan-ryskee-warren/16-chromeo-i-cant-tell-you-why

I really don't want to clutter this thread with videos of not-TBS, but wanted to bring up this song. Any suggestions?

SilverMoon
08-11-2014, 06:30 PM
There are two threads about covers of the Eagles’ songs. One is in the Eagles Discussion Areas, the other is in the Off-Topic Discussion Areas:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4402

sodascouts
08-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks, SM, for finding the appropriate threads. I've not only moved MC's posts but merged the duplicate threads I hadn't noticed before.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-25-2014, 09:41 PM
Here is a very interesting and entertaining cover of How Long. A friend put it on my timeline. These kinds are so cute!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1086063960484

Brooke
08-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Wow! Those kids are good! Too cute!

Thanks VA!

08-26-2014, 11:11 PM
OMG - That was FUN to watch. Those kids really are fantastic!

DivineDon
08-28-2014, 10:25 AM
I know this isn't strictly a cover of an Eagles' song but I thought I'd post it as it's pretty cool, I think.

There's a bluegrass festival in Northern Ireland this weekend and Love Canon, an American bluegrass group were on the radio this morning with their bluegrass version of Don's BOS 8) They do covers of 80s music and while I'm a bit particular about Don's songs I think they do a good job.

Be interested to know what others' think
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROr44je20zo

L101
08-29-2014, 08:42 AM
I know this isn't strictly a cover of an Eagles' song but I thought I'd post it as it's pretty cool, I think.

There's a bluegrass festival in Northern Ireland this weekend and Love Canon, an American bluegrass group were on the radio this morning with their bluegrass version of Don's BOS 8) They do covers of 80s music and while I'm a bit particular about Don's songs I think they do a good job.

Not a bad version - the banjo part is good but still doesn't beat the original :grooving:

DivineDon
08-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Well of course, that goes without saying - the original is always the best! Especially accompanied by the video and Don looking scrummy. I love towards the end when we see him through the rear view mirror of the car :inlove:

Just too much for a girl sometimes :fainting:

08-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Sorry, but my opinion of that bluegrass cover - "YUCK"!!! I'm not a big fan of bluegrass anyway, so don't mess with such an awesome song. Some covers are very good, but I've never seen one of The Boys of Summer that could hold a candle to the original. JMHO

sodascouts
09-03-2014, 10:00 PM

There's a bluegrass festival in Northern Ireland this weekend and Love Canon, an American bluegrass group were on the radio this morning with their bluegrass version of Don's BOS :cool: They do covers of 80s music and while I'm a bit particular about Don's songs I think they do a good job.

It's... interesting. Not bad, but I don't think it really conveys the moody intensity of the song in this arrangement.

MaryCalifornia
01-26-2015, 02:51 AM
Diana Krall covers ICTYW and Desperado on her new album.

I listened to ICTYW, and...I like it. I don't want to hear a woman other than Linda sing Desperado, but I'm sure Diana does it justice, didn't listen though.

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/25/378576071/first-listen-diana-krall-wallflower

MaryCalifornia
03-02-2015, 01:43 AM
Speaking of covers....this just came into my google alerts -

http://www.noise11.com/news/r-i-p-charmayne-maxwell-of-brownstone-1969-2015-20150302

It says we can't watch the video in this country. Brownstone is in VA's list of acts covering the Eagles in the Song Power or What thread. Never heard of them! RIP to Charmayne Maxwell.

SilverMoon
03-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Thanks for posting, Mary. That is a sad story. What a freak accident! Brownstone is an American female R&B group that was popular in the nineties. Their version of "I Can't Tell You Why” did well in the US and the UK.

Timothy attended the 1996 American Music Awards on behalf of the Eagles and was presented an award by Brownstone. R.I.P., Charmayne Maxwell.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKWuM361Ys

chaim
03-11-2015, 10:20 AM
I went to see Hayseed Dixie last night. They were amazing. They started playing Hotel California, then after "I thought I heard them say", instead of the HC chorus, they went "I'm never gonna dance again; guilty feet have got no rhythm" - the chorus from Careless Whisper. The same after the second verse. I'd never heard that before. :hilarious:

Houston Baby
03-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Wow, that's different!

Funk 50
03-11-2015, 05:28 PM
I went to see Hayseed Dixie last night. They were amazing. They started playing Hotel California, then after "I thought I heard them say", instead of the HC chorus, they went "I'm never gonna dance again; guilty feet have got no rhythm" - the chorus from Careless Whisper. The same after the second verse. I'd never heard that before. :hilarious:

Do you think that it's an attempt to get Henley to sue them? ie. a publicity stunt.

It'll make headline news in all the leading music news outlets.

Come to think of it, it could be good publicity for Don's, Cass County too :laugh:

WalshFan88
03-11-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm very "funny" about bands covering that song...very few do it justice (and by justice I mean playing it verbatim and not slaughtering it).

I remember watching Rascal Flatts do that song on the Grammys one year. For one, I can't stand their lead singers voice. AND they totally butchered the solo section. If you are playing HC electrically, you best play those solos and play them dead on. Strumming around on it is fine, but don't bring out the doubleneck and all that jazz if you are going to not play it right. I'd rather hear someone bang out the full chords on acoustic (even without the intro) than improv or butcher the lead solo on electric.

I'm very protective of that song as if it were my own....

MaryCalifornia
03-11-2015, 10:40 PM
OK, Chaim, that is weird! I love both songs! Who would think to put them together?? Did they sing the whole chorus of Careless Whisper? It's so bizarre, I'm not even offended! In fact, I'd like to see more random '80s new wave songs combined with Eagles hits haha :hilarious: A little Culture Club maybe?

And SM, I have watched that video but never made the connection to Brownstone - thanks! That would be TBS at his mostest hottest!!! (in addition to 1970-1980 or so). Those ladies must have met him on stage and were like, "Whaaaaat? We need to sing one of THAT GUY'S songs!" Or, maybe their cover was released before this ceremony, I just like to imagine it that way. I will have to check.

chaim
03-12-2015, 04:34 AM
I guess I forgot to say this...They ended the concert with a long medley. They started with HC, went to Careless Whisper for the chorus, came back to HC, went to CW again for the chorus. After that they were playing bits of many, many different songs. At some point they came back to the 3rd verse of HC. They also played Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. Didn't even have to transpose it, as it's in B minor. In comfortably Numb they went for a reggae vibe when it comes to "I do believe it's working, good". It was hilarious.:hilarious:
So it wasn't actually a HC cover, but sort of...

If it had been just humor, it would have been dull in the long run (no pun in tended). But they were fantastic players. I always enjoy humor in music when you can back it up with great playing too. Like Victor Borge.

This is from a couple of months ago. In the beginning of the clip the singer says that it's been evolving every night, so it may not be exactly the same medley we heard here (and I'm not going to listen to the whole clip!), but the Hotel California/Careless Whisper is there. It starts with that. (I love both songs too!! Probably the band does as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jplzz62z7-U

NightMistBlue
03-25-2015, 05:45 PM
I haven't heard any of the cd except TIE.........but I just can't imagine a woman singing "take it to the limit." lol

Why? Take It to the Limit isn't a male or female song, IMO. It would be different if a female singer was taking on an overtly male song like, I dunno, Good Day in Hell or Those Shoes, but even that may be interesting.

Etta James did a kick-ass version of Take It to the Limit. This live version is more subdued than the album version (which has what sounds like a male gospel choir singing back-up) but it's got soul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r0QteIu_uA

Funk 50
03-26-2015, 06:29 AM
Cher performing "overtly male" Those Shoes;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Og7IKrYAgg

NightMistBlue
03-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Hmm. I like Cher ("Dark Lady" rules!), so I will refrain from judgment here. Bless her heart for trying.

What I was clumsily trying to say before is that most songs are just human, not exclusively male or female. Jack White does a great version of Dolly Parton's "Jolene" and doesn't change the narrator's gender. The universal emotion of the song comes across so powerfully you never think, "Why is a dude singing from a woman's perspective?"

I still haven't heard Common Thread, but I love Suzy Bogguss' pure voice. She has some difficulty on this live version from the '93 Billboard awards; Trisha Yearwood nails NKIT though!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRTTaNk9Aq8

Delilah
11-16-2016, 03:02 PM
In observance of the release of "Take It To the Limit" 41 years ago this week, I thought I would share this Melissa Etheridge cover (speaking of females covering TITTL). I think her performance is impressive. She talks almost 2 minutes before she starts, and she gives a cool shout-out to the Eagles.

Warning: crazy cam
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0lcU42zMlVw

Delilah
08-06-2017, 01:40 PM
I had no idea the Fifth Dimension ever covered the Eagles, but here's their version of "You Never Cry Like a Lover"--they give it a soulful, funky vibe.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MjOQ5HtYUmw

Dawn
04-24-2018, 02:40 PM
It's no secret I am a huge Karen Carpenter fan and consider her one of the finest female vocalists of all time.

Today I felt compelled to listen to her 1975 cover of Desperado.

If you have never heard her sing it before I hope you will take a moment to check it out and let me know your thoughts and feelings.

For me, I think the arrangement showcases the depth of Karen's vocal range and style giving the song a timeless quality. Of course, I am biased! :nod:

Sing it Karen!

https://vimeo.com/80416460

New Kid In Town
04-24-2018, 03:28 PM
Dawn - I just listened to it and I have to say Karen did one of the better jobs of singing the song. In the 70's I never cared much for the Carpenters as it was not cool to like them. Now however, I think they were incredibly talented and Karen had a beautiful voice. Her death was a tragedy. Gone far too soon for sure.

Dawn
04-24-2018, 03:46 PM
Dawn - I just listened to it and I have to say Karen did one of the better jobs of singing the song. In the 70's I never cared much for the Carpenters as it was not cool to like them. Now however, I think they were incredibly talented and Karen had a beautiful voice. Her death was a tragedy. Gone far too soon for sure.

NKIT! I was the same way ... I liked a couple Carpnters hit songs that got major radio play back in the 70's like We've Only Just Begun and Close To You but in college I was listening to other bands and artists that were not so squeaky clean as they were judged then. Later I discovered other Carpenter songs and soon learned to appreciate what a talented and very unique duo they really were. And Karen what a beautiful voice it is an absolute tragedy she died so very young.

My My
04-24-2018, 04:22 PM
Thanks, Dawn! I liked the Carpenters in the early 70's. My dad took me and a neighbor to their concert when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I did have some of their albums that I played a lot until I was in high school. The Carpenters were never considered cool, as illustrated by the fact that my dad wanted to go to their concert! I think she had one of the most beautiful, melancholy voices I've ever heard.

Dawn
04-24-2018, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Dawn! I liked the Carpenters in the early 70's. My dad took me and a neighbor to their concert when I was in 7th or 8th grade. I did have some of their albums that I played a lot until I was in high school. The Carpenters were never considered cool, as illustrated by the fact that my dad wanted to go to their concert! I think she had one of the most beautiful, melancholy voices I've ever heard.

Thank you My My, it's nice you were able to see them live and yes, I totally agree about her beautiful, melancholy voice. Her vocal range was incredible.

http://therangeplace.boards.net/thread/1863/karen-carpenter

Of course Richard also deserves a lot of credit for their success, he was very talented in his own right.

Delilah
05-01-2018, 03:00 PM
This is the first cover I’ve heard of “Too Many Hands” — not a too shabby effort by Lori Oz.

https://www.reverbnation.com/lorioz/song/23479153-too-many-hands-randy-meisner-don?fb_og_action=reverbnation_fb:unknown&fb_og_object=reverbnation_fb:song&player_client_id=j29dsi7kl&utm_campaign=a_public_songs&utm_content=reverbnation_fb:song&utm_medium=facebook_og&utm_source=reverbnation_fb:unknown

cosec3791
05-02-2018, 08:11 AM
This is the first cover I’ve heard of “Too Many Hands” — not a too shabby effort by Lori Oz.

https://www.reverbnation.com/lorioz/song/23479153-too-many-hands-randy-meisner-don?fb_og_action=reverbnation_fb:unknown&fb_og_object=reverbnation_fb:song&player_client_id=j29dsi7kl&utm_campaign=a_public_songs&utm_content=reverbnation_fb:song&utm_medium=facebook_og&utm_source=reverbnation_fb:unknown

Yeah it's not the worst. What I really felt was a highlight to me though, is the guitar sound was pretty spot on. But I still felt Randy was better, vocally.

The drums could have been better. A certain rawness is missing. But what was really missing to me, was more guitar work! Especially live, there was more improvised guitar from his Les Paul. And it was grittier. So basically good effort, but felt less like proper rock.

And also, you gotta listen to 1976 Nagoya. Brilliant version of Too Many Hands!

Delilah
05-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Thanks for reminding me of that Nagoya recording. I checked to see if it’s still on YT and it is. At one point the whole concert was posted (a couple of songs were blocked) but it’s gone now it seems.

It’s a shame there’s no video at all of TMH. The dueling guitar play between Glenn and Don F would be awesome to see.

YoungEaglesFan
05-03-2018, 08:26 PM
I would love to see a video of that. That song has really grown on me. It’s a rocking track. I don’t like the chorus really but still a great song

cosec3791
05-04-2018, 02:36 AM
Thanks for reminding me of that Nagoya recording. I checked to see if it’s still on YT and it is. At one point the whole concert was posted (a couple of songs were blocked) but it’s gone now it seems.

It’s a shame there’s no video at all of TMH. The dueling guitar play between Glenn and Don F would be awesome to see.

Speaking of Nagoya 76, I have an upgrade. It is a soundboard. Though, not as much of a difference, better quality there.

And it was a duel?? I thought it was completely Felder doing it solo!

Delilah
09-02-2020, 01:00 PM
Miley Cyrus performs TITTL as a tribute to her grandmother “Mammie” who recently passed away. Someone in the comment section said that it’s her grandmother and mother’s favorite song.

Unfortunately the video which was aired for BBC Live Lounge is now GONE! :stunned:That was fast, Eagles PTB!! It was just posted yesterday for the first time, and her other performances are still there, but not TITTL.

This reaction video is the next best thing, I guess. :headshake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwREoOQyNr0

sodascouts
09-10-2020, 08:47 PM
Aw, so sweet. The reaction video is better than nothing!

LuvTim
09-10-2020, 10:13 PM
Delilah, Thanks so much for posting this! How wonderful to see Miley's interpretation of TITTL!
(And I loove this voice coach! What a lovely person!)

KingWalsh
09-26-2020, 04:37 AM
Here is the video without the reaction.

https://youtu.be/LvO-myCdMv4

I finally got around to watching it since it came up in my suggested videos feed. I am not a Miley fan, that’s why I didn’t jump on it, but I have to say she did well. Very nice especially since it’s her grandmothers favorite song. Well done Miley!

09-27-2020, 04:55 PM
Thanks for posting these videos. I'm not a huge Miley fan either, but she really does have a great voice. She did the song justice and I'm sure her grandma is smiling down on her. :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
03-23-2022, 10:46 PM
I just saw this on Facebook.

Here are the Goldens on their take of Take It Easy. If you have heard of legendary country group, The Oak Ridge Boys. This group consist of William Lee Golden, his three sons, and another artist. It doesn’t sound bad.

http://www.cmt.com/news/1842761/cmt-premiere-william-lee-golden-and-the-goldens-cover-eagles-take-it-easy/?fbclid=IwAR33WuzjszzX2_M-SR6vztkybN0rqgcDu-WRk_vE8FtqLxg96mpX4gU3vvg

03-25-2022, 10:45 AM
Thanks for that, shun. It's hard to make Take It Easy sound bad, but I don't think anything will ever top the original. :thumbsup: