PDA

View Full Version : Beware United Airlines!

MikeA
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
This was for real! Read and listen!

Bully for Dave Carroll and Taylor Guitars! Shame on United Airlines!

A musician named Dave Carroll recently had difficulty with United Airlines. United apparently damaged his treasured Taylor guitar ($3500) during a flight. Dave spent over 9 months trying to get United to pay for damages caused by baggage handlers to his custom Taylor guitar.

During his final exchange with the United Customer Relations Manager, he stated that he was left with no choice other than to create a music video for youtube exposing their lack of cooperation. The Manager responded : "Good luck with that one, pal".

So he posted a retaliatory video on youtube. The video has since received over 6 million hits.

United Airlines contacted the musician and attempted settlement in exchange for pulling the video. Naturally his response was: "Good luck with that one, pal".

Taylor Guitars sent the musician 2 new custom guitars in appreciation for the product recognition from the video that has led to a sharp increase in orders.

Here's the video ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo&feature=player_embedded

Glennsallnighter
11-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Thats brilliant Mike. I HATE it when baggage handlers damage ones luggage and then refuse to take any level of responsibility. And of course its ALWAYS the item that isn't covered by insurance that gets the brunt of it. Remind me NEVER to fly by United.

Stars
11-29-2009, 09:58 AM
That was great, Mike! A similar thing happened to a friend of ours many years ago with British Airways, but they paid up quickly.
I will never fly United again either!:nope:

sodascouts
11-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Just watched it. Guess he showed them!

This is why I love YouTube.

MikeA
11-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Yeah, YouTube has its place in the scheme of things. Trouble is, they do tend to be passive about what is put up on YouTube. They walk a thin line.

TimothyBFan
11-30-2009, 08:24 AM
That is hysterical! I love the fact that they tried to get him to take it down. :hilarious:

Prettymaid
11-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Catchy tune. Its lyrics really stick with you...something about United breaks guitars. ;)

eaglesvet
12-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, that video was sooo clever! Hilarious! He sure showed them!!:hilarious: