PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays

Ive always been a dreamer
12-22-2006, 10:29 AM
I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. You are all a wonderful bunch of people that I have grown very fond of this past year. I wish you all many 'excellent adventures' in 2007.

glenneaglesfan
12-22-2006, 11:55 AM
Aw, that's a nice thing to say, dreamer! I feel the same way, you are all a great bunch of people whom I really consider friends. Happy holidays to everyone!

Brooke
12-22-2006, 11:56 AM
I'll join in, too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Have a safe and happy holiday!

sodascouts
12-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Same here - you guys are a great bunch of people.

Although it's been said many times, many ways...

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!

Z
12-22-2006, 02:59 PM
Wishing you all

-- Good times with good friends,
-- Joy, prosperity and peace,
-- Front row Eagles tickets.

Z

Maleah
12-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Same here! I want to thank you all for your friendships and fun times!! I wish you all a very merry Christmas!!!

EasyFeeling
12-22-2006, 04:58 PM
I agree with all of you! It's amazing I had never thought I would become friends with people from a fan site on the internet. :wink: Thank you for your support and help!

Merry Christmas to you all!

PS: Front row Eagles tickets... sounds great, Z. :D

Molly
12-23-2006, 09:58 AM
I wish everyone here a safe and wonderful Holiday -and an incredible Eagles-filled New Year!

You all have been an unexpected and wonderful blessing in my life and for that I am extremely grateful!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/36_15_611.gif

Freypower
12-23-2006, 05:53 PM
My sentiments exactly - I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 8)

timfan
12-23-2006, 06:43 PM
well said Molly! I am in total agreement. Happy Holidays to all!

Z
12-23-2006, 06:56 PM
You all have been an unexpected and wonderful blessing in my life and for that I am extremely grateful!

Here, here!

Billy
12-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Yup,
agree with everything said so far...

may i also say God ,bless you all,

and hears hoping the new album tops the charts in 2007 :!:

Z
12-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Some holiday trivia

68,055 times per minute: Number of Visa card transactions between November 17 and December 31, 2005

Americans that say they would prefer to receive cheese over any other gift of food: 20%

Adults who actually eat the fruitcake they receive as a gift: 28%

Estimated amount each affluent American will spend on gifts this year: $2,713

Shoppers who have re-gifted one or more times: 31%

Holiday cards sent in the US: 1.9 billion

Holiday travelers: 63 million

(Sources: AAA, American Affluence Research Center, American Express, Hallmark, National Dairy Council, New York Times and Visa)

12-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Just wanted to add my greetings!

Merry Christmas and a wonderful, safe, healthy, happy, prosperous 2007 to all!

[/img]

freygirl
12-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Uhhh, Guest was me. I thought I had logged in but apparently not. Sorry. :blush:

Witchy Mummy
12-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Wishing you lovely guys and girls a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Looking forward to hearing what goodies Santa has left for you :)

Toonlass
12-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone...I hope the Christmas and New Year are wonderful for you and your families.

Oh and many thanks to soda....I finally managed to log in :D

sodascouts
12-24-2006, 12:20 PM
Interesting trivia, Z. And TL - SO glad you finally got in!

I know for some of you, it's Christmas already. Have a great day!

12-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Interesting trivia, Z.

I swear only half those Visa transactions are mine!

Z
12-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Dang! Now I've done it too!

Freypower
12-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, we've opened our presents down here and now we are waiting for my mother to arrive so we can start cooking Christmas lunch & also start drinking. 8)

I love dharmarose.com which does a nice line in tie dye T shirts. I got 5 of them this year - including a San Diego Chargers one. Remind you of the Prelude to Obscurity photo? Plus the Seattle Mariners, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears and a Led Zeppelin IV 'Stick man' shirt with the ZoSo symbols on the back. (With American sports teams I have quite a few of these now but I only get places I've visited so I have none of Detroit, for instance). My husband likes the ones they do with animals so I gave him shirts with a deer, wolves, and an old Rush logo. :?

Also received a New York 'pop up' calendar, the new Van Morrison CD Pay The Devil, DVDs of Van Morrison at Montreux & John Fogerty. Rosalind got lots of DVDs & some clothes (including, of COURSE, a Sydney Roosters T shirt). Mike got himself some DVDs which are actually from his mother in England. I am still waiting for other things I bought him to arrive from amazon.co.uk.

12-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Merry Christmas morning, everyone!

I am stealing a little time on my future brother-in-law's computer while he is taking breakfast to my mom & sister in the hospital. My mom lives two hours away from Bham, so my husband and daughters drove up yesterday and we visited their grandmother and then had our private family Christmas together. They are going back to Bham later today so our daughters can go on a skiing trip with our church youth group to Boone NC tomorrow. They have never skiied (sp?) before so I hope they have fun and are safe!

Money is a little tight this year so we gave lots of little presents to each other--jeans, sweaters, scarves--no Ipods or cameras like last year---but I did receive a Christmas check from my mother that I have earmarked for Eagles tickets in 2007!

I am happy and thankful for my mother's returning good health, for a family who loves me, and for good friends and all my wonderful new on-line friends. It meant so much to me to log on and see all your good wishes about mom.

You people are special to me and I am thankful the Eagles have brought us together! Now I am looking forward to 2007 bringing all of us together in real life at many, many Eagles concerts!

DonFan
12-25-2006, 12:11 PM
I guess I didn't log on my bro-in-law's computer properly. Guest was me.

timfan
12-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Oh Soda! :( i hope everyone is feeling better qucikly! :) Our Christmas was rather broken up this year as my brother and girlfriend decided to go to Florida for a holiday over christmas. So we had christmas dinner with them and presents on December 21st and then this morning my dad and i opened the presents for each other. It's been a very low key Christmas but for whatever reason both dad and I are missing my grandparents ( his parents) ALOT this christmas. So we had a nostaligic day llistening to old music and talking about old times.....

Z
12-25-2006, 11:29 PM
We just got home from spending 15 of the last 24 hours with family and 4 of those 24 hours in the car. It was wonderful and I love them all, but I can't tell you how nice it is to sit down in a calm, quiet house without mass quantities of food in front of me.

Santa was very generous again this year (seems there is no truth in that "checking it twice" story) . We had a slight scare when 7 week old great nephew Alex was admitted to the hospital Friday with pneumonia, but he was released late Christmas Eve. He is still being watched very closely as the doctor feels he is not out of the woods just yet.

DF, glad to hear Mom is doing well. Soda, sorry to hear about the bug that's hit your family. Try to stay healthy. TF, I personally believe it is good to talk about the people we miss especially at times like this. It helps keep them in our hearts. FP, sounds like you got some great gifts. I'd love to know how the Van Morrison CD is.

EasyFeeling
12-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm glad everyone had a nice Christmas time, more or less. :wink:
Mine was very relaxed. We celebrated Holy Eve at my place this year. After dinner we unwrapped our gifts and I got a theatre ticket, a DVD, a new keyboard for my PC, a cinema gift coupon and cash from my mom. Then we watched several music DVDs while playing cards and having glühwein. :wink: My brother had cheated several times, it's always the same when we are playing games. :evil:

TF, I'm with you. We've missed my other brother (they were twin brothers) who passed away last year shortly before Christmas.

glenneaglesfan
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, the main festivities are over here now, so time for a little catching up. Nancy and Z, sorry to hear that your littlest family members were unwell, particularly wee Alex ending up in hospital. Hope he continues to recover. I was thinking about you all, particularly Michaela and Kath with your recent losses. Toonlass, welcome back and nice to hear from you again!

We were woken on Christmas morn with the boys bringing us tea - first time ever! We went to a church service in Plymouth before cracking the bubbly and opening our presents. I got a scarf, a picture, CDs (Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell and the Beatles), a book (Terry Pratchett's 'The Hogfather') and Corel Paint Shop Pro, which I have been trying to master today. David cooked lunch single-handed - he knows I'm culinarily challenged. It was lovely - traditional turkey and all the rest. We watched the 'Strictly Come Dancing' Christmas special and played a few rounds of Pictionary in the evening.

Today, Boxing Day, my parents and my sister and her SO came over for lunch - cold buffet and lots of wine, apart from brother-in-law who'd nobly volunteered to drive. Sis and I went for a brisk walk around the lanes and related hair-raising tales about dangerous situations we have both been in and never told our parents, and had a lot of fun!

I'm very grateful for family and friends.

Molly
12-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I hope the little ones are doing well. Z, keep us posted on Alex's progress.

Christmas has a way of being joyous and melancholy at the same time, doesn't it? My son, Tom and I had a discussion about how much we miss the loud, boisterous, over-crowded Christmases at my Mom's house. Mom is in a nursing home, now, and I don't think she was even aware of the Holiday. Our Christmases now seem waaayy too quiet.

Steve's family is very small and they celebrate Christmas very quietly. Well, more than quiet, more like zzzzzzz...... Next year, I've promised the boys we're going to spike Grandma's punch and see if we can't liven it up a bit!

Hubby had no time to shop this year, since he's working pretty much 7 days a week. He did find time to wrap the IPod I picked up for him to give to me. He somehow managed to surprise me with an original Eagles concert poster from 1979. He intended to have it framed, but ran out of time. He's never bought me anything Eagles on his own so I was a little stunned.

glenneaglesfan
12-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Molly, what a great husband to find an Eagles poster for you, with everything else he's had to cope with recently.

I had to laugh at your description of Christmas at the in-laws as it's just like that with us. They sit a lot, and conversation mainly centres round which of their friends have died. All the while, in the background they have a very loud ticking clock - time passes very slowly. We make feeble excuses about working over Christmas now, and visit in the new year.

Molly
12-27-2006, 08:28 AM
I had to laugh at your description of Christmas at the in-laws as it's just like that with us. They sit a lot, and conversation mainly centres round which of their friends have died. All the while, in the background they have a very loud ticking clock - time passes very slowly. We make feeble excuses about working over Christmas now, and visit in the new year.

My MIL must have the same clock as your in-laws! It hangs on the wall behind what has become over the years, my designated seat in the living room. Tick, tick, tick...and here's Molly, Zzzzzzzz.....

We bring our dogs along with us sometimes to provide some entertainment. They seem to really turn on the naughty when they're at Grandma's house -and yet when we don't bring them she always says, "Awwww, you didn't bring the girls?"

Toonlass
12-27-2006, 09:54 AM
Ahhh.....its nice to sit down for a little while!!!

Sounds like you've all had an interesting Christmas....well apart from Molly :wink: :D

Christmas was good here, we had our presents on Christmas Eve after eating lots of food. I got some nice presents, including three Jackson Browne albums from my boyfriend, Chris. Then on Christmas Day we went to Chris' family and we had presents there as well and I got two more JB albums....so here sits a very happy lass currently listening to Looking East

As ever I also have loads of chocolates and this year I even have a bottle of wine from Chris' brother....I think we'll share that tonight over dinner :)

DonFan
12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
It is so nice to be back in my own house after a week. My mom moved from the hospital to the rehab facility yesterday so I came back home for a day or two to regroup. Laundry is piled up to the ceiling here and our new kitten, Muffin, has knocked numerous Christmas decorations off our Christmas tree while we have been gone, but I'm still glad to be in my own house again.

I loved your descriptions of how slowly time passes at in-laws houses--it passes even more slowly if you are sitting around the hospital! Talk about zzzzzz's....unless it is in the middle of the night, when you WANT to sleep--then the nurses come in at 3 a.m. each morning to check blood pressure and 4 :30 a.m. to draw blood! UGH.

I loved reading about all your Christmases.
Molly, how nice that your hub gave you that Eagles poster! I would've been so surprised too. :)
TimFan, congrats on your hard-earned "A". :D
GEF, I know I have heard the term before, but exactly what is "boxing day"?

Nancy, I'm sorry your sisters are giving you a hard time about dating, being married, etc. My sister and I don't see eye-to-eye about anything either. She is 10 years younger than me and even though she is engaged, they don't plan on having any children, so she can't understand how hard it is to share my time with my two daughters, my husband, and our ailing mother. I am doing the best I can to be everywhere at once, and when I get a few minutes on a computer and I go on this site, she makes fun of what she calls my "attachment to the Eagles." :roll: Some people just don't get it, y'know?

Freypower
12-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Here's a link about Boxing Day for our American friends.

http://www.factmonster.com/spot/boxingday1.html

My Christmas passed almost without incident and I stayed pretty much sober. I wish I led a more interesting life but who knows, maybe it's for the best. :?

Molly
12-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Dana, more good news. Try to find time to get some rest and take care of yourself.

Z
12-27-2006, 08:09 PM
DF, I can only imagine how nice it is to be home for a while even with the mound of laundry. Glad to hear that Mom is progressing so well. I predict she will be dancing at the Sweetheart's Ball in February! :wink:

DonFan
12-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the link, Julie. Boxing Day sounds like a tradition that we should adopt over here, too.

glenneaglesfan
12-28-2006, 06:47 AM
It's fun reading about your Christmases. TL, sounds like you'll be in for a Jacksonfest over the next few days.
Dana, I'm glad your mother is making progress. Rehab is my line of work so I can picture her with those physios! You must try and post a picture of Muffin one day.
Julie, thanks for that link about Boxing Day. I didn't know there were different theories. We've always assumed it derived from giving a Christmas 'box' (gift) to the postman, dustmen, milkman etc.
My hubby is back to work now. I also have a huge mound of washing and ironing to sort out, and will have to brave the sales as our microwave blew up when we tried to heat up the Christmas pudding!

Brooke
12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Speaking of Christmas cds, when we got in the car on Christmas Eve to go to my parents house the radio came on and Take It Easy was starting up! Any other groups song and I would have turned on a Christmas cd without hesitation! But I just had to listen to the Eagles first for the 10 minute drive!

Then, coming home on Christmas day from hubby's mom's blitz (65 + people from 1 month old to 79 years old in one tiny house :roll: ) PEF came on. A nice way to end the chaos!

All in all, we had a nice Christmas. Hubby gave me a beautiful ruby ring, necklace and earrings. I also got leather gloves, birdhouse, birdbath heater, (love watching them), Longaberger basket, sweatshirt, Little Big Town cd, fiestaware, fluffy socks and a lovely quilt handmade by hubby's mother. He has 9 brothers and sisters and she has given each one one at random over the years. We were next to last in getting one. (Hopefully that doesn't mean we are next to last on her favorites list! :shock: ) It was a big surprise and it will be a lovely heirloom. :D

sodascouts
12-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Sounds like a wild Christmas, Brooke! But a good one. That Boxing Day tradition does sound like a nice one. It's good to remember the folks like the mailmen who often get overlooked for their service.

glenneaglesfan
12-30-2006, 07:08 AM
Romantic presents from your hubby, Brooke. Mine are usually very practical - coffee maker, bread maker, that sort of thing!
To add, I had a radio moment this morning, The Heat Is On, just as I got out of the shower! :blush:

Perfect Little Sister
12-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I totally miss you guys. I didn't even take time to read this forum. Just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you and missing our chats. :D Take care and see you after the new year.

DonFan
12-30-2006, 08:02 PM
We've been missing you too, PLS.
Many of us have been away over the holidays. Things will get back to normal (whatever that is :P !) after New Years.
Take care!

sodascouts
12-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for popping in, PLS. I was beginning to worry about you!

glenneaglesfan
12-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Same from me, PLS. We've missed you!

EasyFeeling
12-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Things will get back to normal (whatever that is :P !) after New Years.

Thank God! :wink:
PLS, I'm looking forward to see you here next year. :D

12-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Yes indeed PLS - it is good to hear from you. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. "It's gonna be a good year ladies and gentlemen." I have a sneaky feeling that we are going to have many fun Eagles moments to share in the band's 35th anniversary year.

Maleah
12-31-2006, 04:01 PM
I have a sneaky feeling that we are going to have many fun Eagles moments to share in the band's 35th anniversary year.

*says prayer* Oh please God.....let me be able to contribute to those moments!!!! :laugh:

DonFan
12-31-2006, 04:11 PM
"It's gonna be a good year ladies and gentlemen." I have a sneaky feeling that we are going to have many fun Eagles moments to share in the band's 35th anniversary year.

Ooh...I forgot about the 35th anniversary!
We are looking foward to a GREAT new Eagles-filled year.

sodascouts
12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm hoping the guys won't pass up the chance to do something special in such a special year.

Brooke
12-31-2006, 04:58 PM
So, how's everyone ringing in the New Year?

Hubby and I are going out to dinner fairly early. We have to drive 35 miles to a decent restaurant since we live in the boondocks! Then we will probably just come home and watch the ball drop on tv. If we can stay awake that long!

Have a safe and Happy New Year everyone! :cheers:

DonFan
12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
My hubby & I are going to our neighbor's house to ring in the New Year. They host this gathering every year, and we always have a good time. One of our daughters has agreed to baby-sit all the younger children at our house, and we are all mostly within walking distance, so you can be assured that the champagne and spirits will be flowing freely!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :cheers:

sodascouts
12-31-2006, 06:08 PM
I am spending it with my parents, who will no doubt go to bed long before midnight. It's a huge drag but since I have a neurologist appointment on Jan. 2, I couldn't very well leave before Dec. 31.

Hope everyone else has a great New Year! :headbang: :cheers:

Molly
12-31-2006, 07:04 PM
The Packers are playing "Da" Bears tonight -so I'll have to try to stay up and at least see the end of the game (Please, God, don't let this be Brett Favre's last game!).

Steve has agreed to build a fire in our fireplace and I'll probably be curled up in a blanket, watching the game and nursing this blasted cold I've managed to catch. Of course, I'm sick over a three day weekend, which is how I've managed to not use a sick day at work for over 3 years.

Happy New Year to all of you!

Freypower
12-31-2006, 07:17 PM
We went to bed at 9.30. I did wake up at midnight and heard distant fireworks. Then this morning I got up and changed the calendars. 8) Very sensible.

01-01-2007, 12:06 AM
As I said in another thread, I was supposed to be driving to PA today to bring in the New Year with my SO and his family. Unfortunately, a bug seems to have hit some of them as well, so my SO drove here instead. We managed to get into Shula's Steak House without reservations, and only had to wait about 20 minutes much to my surprise. I am now catching up on the board while watching the football game and Molly's Packers are looking very good. I have to get off of here soon, so we can watch the ball drop and toast the New Year.

EasyFeeling
01-01-2007, 09:54 AM
We celebrate New Year's Eve in the house of my best friend. With her family and some friends with their kids. Everyone brought in some food and drinks. Almost all people stayed overnight so at midday today we had breakfast together. But not everyone was able to eat today. :wink: I think I will spend the rest of the day on my sofa. :?

Happy New Year!

glenneaglesfan
01-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Happy New Year, everyone!

We were on our own, and spent some part of the evening watching a DIY programme about building a shed. :? We had supper by the fireside, then somehow I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up at 11.45, just in time to hear the bells.
Today we set off for a walk on the cliffs, but after about 15 minutes there was a massive hailstorm, then thunder and lightning, so now we are back home with the fire lit and a rugby match to watch.
Back to work tomorrow. :(
Hope your cold is better soon, Molly.

Z
01-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Happy, Healthy New Year to all!

We had a quiet evening at home -- watched the ball drop, toasted the new year and played with Soph and the psycho sheltie we are dogsitting. Today is dreary and damp, somehow befitting of tomorrow's return to work.

timfan
01-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Happy New Year to everyone!

We had a hectic New Years. Every year my father and i put on the new years eve party at the pyschiatric home where i used to work. This year was the best of any of them! we had the party going for hours and everyone had a great time but boy am i tired today! We even had a cover version of take it to the limit playing at one point!It was lots of fun! :D

DonFan
01-01-2007, 09:09 PM
That does sound like fun, TF! That is so sweet of you guys to have a party like that for them.

sodascouts
01-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Glad to hear about your nice new year's, guys - and TF, that is wonderful of you and your dad to help organize that. I spent today cashing in on all those I.O.U.s I got for Christmas and my birthday - with all the sales, I made out like a bandit!

glenneaglesfan
01-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Twelfth Night yesterday, so all the decorations came down and the tree has gone for recycling. Back to reality! We did have something to cheer us up - the old amplifier had packed up, so we could only really listen to cds in the car, but we now have a new one and can enjoy music through the decent speakers again.